Sunset Golf Course

Greens: Blue grass
Fairways: Blue grass

Caddies: No

Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard Welcomed

Located in Longmont, the nine-hole, municipal Sunset Golf Course is a great, affordable option for beginners and families. Opened in 1924, it is one of Colorado's oldest golf courses. Although experienced golfers may not find it challenging enough, the course provides an excellent spot to practice your short game and it is definitely one of the most scenic courses in the area with beautiful views of Long's Peak. The par-34 course covers 2,981 yards from its longest tees. The terrain of Sunset Golf Course is quite hilly and the tree-lined fairways are very narrow. No water hazards come into play but the course is well-bunkered. The signature hole is the par-4 fourth hole.

Location is convenient to the city   Great for 9-hole rounds locals

"Great Early Conditions"

McMonagle's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/21/2018

The staff has done a wonderful job with the course this year. Tee boxes, fairways and greens are in near perfect condition.

rghogue's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/27/2018

Commented on 05/01/2018

Hi "rghogue"

megblake's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/23/2018

Commented on 04/26/2018

Hi "megblake" Thank you for the 4-Star review! We appreciate you coming out and hope to see you again soon.

"Great day"

rghogue's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/23/2018

Good day, good conditions, greens in good shape even though recently drilled.

Commented on 04/25/2018

Hi "rghogue" Thank you for the 4-Star review, we appreciate the great feedback. Thanks for coming out and we hope to see you again soon.

"Always love playing this course!"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/16/2018

Great fun as always on this course. In good early season condition with the greens catching up. Will be back next week.

Commented on 04/19/2018

Hi "u116382993" Thank you for the 4-Star review, we appreciate the great feedback. Thanks for coming out and we hope to see you again soon.

"A nice course at a Hot Deal rate"

goekejf1958's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/31/2018

This course was a fine course to play, but we happened to play early in the season and the greens had just been aerated. Despite the less than optimal geeens, I was able to sink some fairly long putts with break to them.

Commented on 04/05/2018

Thank you for your honest 4-Star review, we appreciate the feedback and your patience as the course is transitioning into the Summer months.Thanks for coming out and we hope that you will give us another try in the near future.

"Great Course"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/15/2018

Sunset is a wonderful course hidden away in plain site. The staff and fellow golfers are very personable that adds to the welcoming feel of this little golfers getaway.

If you ever just want to relax and have fun with the game of golf, Sunset is waiting to fulfill the pleasure.

Commented on 03/21/2018

Hi "u804159950" Thank you for the 5-Star review, we appreciate the great feedback regarding our excellent staff and course conditions. Thanks for coming out and we hope to see you again soon.

"Fun and Unique Course"

schumanator's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/08/2018

This was the 3rd time within the past six months I've driven North from the Denver area to play the unique 9 hole course in the heart of Longmont. The staff are all very friendly, the 3000 yard layout is actually challenging, and the golfers I've been paired with on each visit have been laid back-back...which makes for an enjoyable golfing experience.

What makes this course challenging (at least for me, a bogey golfer) is that most fairways are relatively tight, and the greens fairly small (although without much undulations).

Through Golf Now I've gotten a great rate each time I've played, but have determined that isn't necessary for me to continue make the drive to play this fun, unique course.

Commented on 03/15/2018

Hi "schumanator"

Thank you for the 4-Star review, we appreciate the great feedback regarding our course layout and conditions. Thanks for coming out and we hope to see you again soon.

paradynem's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/01/2018

Commented on 03/08/2018

Hi "paradynem" Thank you for the 4-Star review, please come back and see us again soon!

"Praise the Lord"

brenta51's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/20/2017

the Lord blessed us with one last day of golf before the temperature dropped 50 degrees and snow began.

Commented on 12/29/2017

Hi "brenta51" Thank you for the great review! We are glad you got one final round in before the cold weather set in. Thanks for coming out and we hope to see you again once it warms up!

"Pleasant Surprise!!"

martysgiants's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/03/2017

Just moved here from Florida and this was an awesome experience! Great layout and views!! Pace was a little slow because of the great weather, but nice staff and great greens for being in December

Commented on 12/05/2017

Hi "martysgiants" Thank you for the great review. We appreciate you coming out to see us and hope you are enjoying the great weather. Please come back and see us again in the near future.

bakerjim's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/13/2017

Commented on 11/15/2017

Hi "bakerjim" Thank you for t he 5-Star review! Thank you for coming out and seeing us.

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/06/2017

Commented on 10/16/2017

Hi "u359517757" Thank you for the 5 star review! We really appreciate it!

"Rainy days awesome"

rmorgan123's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/24/2017

Today was my first time playing in the rain it was a new experience this is a nine hole course meant to be played twice was built in the 1920s I have played 13 times and got a 96 today by playing 18 it was one of my best days ever even in the rain it was awesome it was a complete open past no one was there light drizzle ofrain the views are amazing astonishing and breathtaking off the third fourth and sixth hole as the sun Cascades over the mountains when the sun is out Sunset golf course Longmont Colorado rob Morgan beyondlimitsbelieve.com PS. They say this is a tough course mini of different variations uphill downhill greens are not flat it will really challenge you as a golfer but you will have the time of your life This course has beautiful greens and excellent fairways all grounds are manicured and very well-maintained absolutely breathtaking course to play on. book a tee time at sunset golf course Longmont Colorado A course that needs to be played by all Family , Friends , and yes it would even challenge the pros

Commented on 10/02/2017

Hi "rmorgan123" Thank you for the great review. We are sorry to hear that it rained during your round today with us, but it still sounds like you had a wonderful time! Thanks for coming out and we hope to see you on a dry day!

"Sunset Beauty"

rmorgan123's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/20/2017

This course is very challenging Tight fairways with trees on both sides very challenging lots of variations with beautiful greens you will not be disappointed playing at this course it will really challenger your game people say it is the hard course to play personally I just think it's a blast to play the Sunset course oh yeah and it's a beautiful course the grounds are So nice the clubhouse as well staff is friendly always there to help GolfPro on site they also sell everything you need for golf. food and beverages as well ..PS this was written by Rob Morgan beyond limits believe go beyond your limits play the game .play at sunset golf course Longmont Colorado. And yes I am a beginner I have played for 2 1/2 weeks and I have played 11 times since then 9-07 2017 to Now 9-20-2017twin peaks in Longmire is also a beautiful course 18 holes Played there twice

Commented on 09/22/2017

Hi "rmorgan123" Thank you so much for the awesome review! We are so glad you came out to play our Golf Longmont courses and you were not displeased. We do have great golf specials and tournament information on our Golf Longmont Facebook pages so don't forget to check those out! Thanks for playing.

"Sunset Golf Course"

david3589's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/16/2017

I have played this course a few times. It had been a couple of years since I last played here. Lots of trees and a hilly course. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I look forward to coming back soon.

Commented on 09/18/2017

Hi "david3589" Thank you for the great years. We appreciate you coming out and giving us another try. Thanks for playing and we hope to see you many more times in the future!

Harold2892065's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/26/2017

Commented on 08/28/2017

Hi , Thank you for the review, we appreciate you coming out and hope to see you again in the near future.

"Best deal in town"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/16/2017

Hot deal is the best deal in town. Well worth it at regular price as well. Very scenic 9 hole course that's always in great shape.

Commented on 08/22/2017

Hi "u263828788" Thank you for the great review! We appreciate you coming out and are glad you found such a great deal online! Please come back and see us again soon.

"Perfect"

RELucero's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/15/2017

Been to this course now about 4 times and each time the course and staff are great.. The grass and overall conditions are always well maintained, but what is really challenging is the trees can make for a rough day if you start with a bad tee.

Commented on 08/22/2017

Hi "RELucero" Thank you for the great review. We appreciate the great compliments regarding the course and our excellent staff. We appreciate you coming out to challenge the course and hope to see you again this weekend!

"Fantastic 9 hole course"

Finfisher's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/04/2017

I have played sunset for many years-the course is always in fantastic shape. And almost always plays at a good pace. There's No water let it it's very hard to lose a ball if you are doubt abounds it's a great course for a beginning or intermediate player.

Commented on 08/08/2017

Hi "Finfisher" Thank you for the great review! We are so glad that you enjoy the course layout as it is a good course for early beginners. Thank you for coming out and we hope to see you again in the near future.