Twin Peaks Golf Course

4.1910352941 4.2 stars from 5 (100)

Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard Welcomed

Twin Peaks Golf Course has a traditional layout that appeals to players of all skill levels. It's a public course that is situated less than an hour from downtown Denver. The player-friendly layout has a mix of straightforward holes and doglegs. The course is wide open, offering uninterrupted views of Long's Peak. Though the fairways are flat and generous, be prepared for the elevated greens. If you miss them you'll be faced with difficult uphill and downhill chip shots from the surrounding mounding. The golf course also requires a bit of accuracy due to a few strategically placed trees. There are a few tricky holes but overall it's a layout that beginners can feel confident approaching. In addition to the course, Twin Peaks G.C. has a practice facility complete with a driving range as well as chipping and putting greens.

Location is convenient to the city   Great for locals walkers seniors   Challenges include undulating greens water hazards bunkers   Great for drinks 19th hole scenic views

"Beautiful Day in January"

stewarct's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/09/2018

The great weather brought out a lot of golfers and the round was extremely slow because of that. Otherwise it was an awesome round.

Commented on 01/16/2018

Hi "stewarct" Thank you for your honest review. We appreciate you coming out to see us and are glad you enjoyed your round with us. Great weather this late in Colorado does result in a busy golf course. We appreciate your patience and hope to see you again in the near future.

"Mountain view all day"

Unclepowie2's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/25/2017

Twin Peaks was a nice easy round and the scenery when looking up were spectacular and refreshing. Course is very playable for a beginner yet has its challenges as you compete against it. The greens make it even more challenging, but very fair. Was not aware that their club house had a fire so grab a sandwich before you arrive. The temporary club house trailer did have beverages and chips, energy type bars, etc. that were sufficient because we had not eaten yet that day. Recommend playing it with a friend or joining a local.....the one we played with was very friendly.

Commented on 12/04/2017

Hi "unclepowie" Thank you for the great review. We appreciate the feedback and apologize as our grill is currently unavailable due to the recent fire. We appreciate you coming out to see us!

cdc12345's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/05/2017

This is a flat floodplain course with volcano shaped greens. It could use some serious earthmoving to create some variation in elevation for at least some of the holes. The course is in great shape but over the years previously installed water lines need to be filled in and smoothed. One suggestion I have is to add small flat areas alongside each tee so handicapped golfers can park their carts without having to be on a severe angle.

Commented on 10/09/2017

Hi "cdc12345" Thank you for the great review. We are glad you enjoyed the course today and its difficult layout. We appreciate you coming out and hope to see you again in the near future.

"Sept 29"

towerup's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/29/2017
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

Nice sunny day with a good breeze out of the west. Fairways are in great shape for beginning of fall. Greens are challenging.

Commented on 10/02/2017

HI "towerup" Thank you for the review. We appreciate the great feedback and are glad you enjoyed your round today. Please come back and see us again soon.

"Great Muni Course!"

Black67Mustang's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/25/2017
Previously played Used cart Cold weather

The course is always in great shape other than wet spots due to outdated irrigation system. City needs to update so the great grounds staff can keep up their great work. Club house staff is ultra friendly and the pro staff, Keith & Steve, are always friendly, helpful and respectful. The Pro Staff offers a variety of classes (seniors, women, children) as well as private lessons and Monday is free cart day for seniors-great! The annual passes are very reasonable and the view of the mountains is always breathtaking.

Commented on 09/27/2017

Hi "Black67Mustang" Thank you for coming out and giving us a try at Twin Peaks. We appreciate the great review and feedback regarding our staff Keith and Steve, they are awesome! Thanks for coming out and we hope to see you again this weekend.

"Hi"

Plays:  Twice a year

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/21/2017

Course was pretty fun except there needs to be better signage as to where the next hole is. Also, no cold water on the course and no cart person for drinks. Ordered a hamburger before the round and it was mediocre at best. Not worth $6. The lady at the restaurant, the cook, was incredibly rude and disrespectful. She even tried to charge my buddy twice and then got mad at him for questioning her

Commented on 09/26/2017

Hi "u3712351" Thank you for your honest review. We appreciate the feedback and we will definitely look into a few of the issues you presented to us. Thank you for coming out and we hope to see you again.

"First time playing course"

KPendergasst's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/17/2017

I played with my 10-yr-old who played the orange tees and we had a fine time for a good price. Pace was great, the course was in very good shape, and the gentleman in the golf shop couldn't have been friendlier.

Commented on 09/20/2017

Hi "KPendergasst" Thank you for the review. We are so glad that you and your son had such a great time at Twin Peaks. We appreciate you coming out and we hope to see you again in the near future.

"Always fun"

rick7173's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/10/2017

Twin Peaks plays fair. The greens almost always roll true, and they are the distinguishing trait of the course. All slope back to front, and are ringed on three sides by a mound. Keep approach shots below the hole, and practice for the inevitable downhill chip from a downhill lie on a mound. The fairways run narrow to average and are also well maintained. There's enough water and wetland to compel accurate shots on several holes, but the often wide swaths of rough are more forgiving of errant shots. Keep it straight and a little short and you can score well here.

Commented on 09/26/2017

Hi "rick7173" Thank you for the great review, and we appreciate the awesome pointers for the other golfers. Twin peaks definitely is a challenging course if you don't keep the ball in the proper spots. Thank you so much for coming out and we hope to see you again soon.

"Wonderful golf experience!"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/06/2017

I have played Twin Peaks many times. My first experience was excellent and it has gotten better every time. The two pros, Keith and Steve, are the best in the business--mostly because they put all their emphasis on the golfers being happy. Whatever they are paid, their salaries should be tripled. Twin Peaks has to be the friendliest course in America.

Commented on 09/12/2017

Hi "u615528372" Thank you for the awesome review! We appreciate the kind words regarding our great staff Keith and Steve. We will definitely pass this along to them. Thank you for coming out and we hope to see you again soon!

u228200501's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/04/2017

Commented on 09/12/2017

Hi "u228200501" Thank you for the 5 star review!

"Twin Peaks"

david3589's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/02/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Nice course, I have played it several times this year. Its a par 70, only 2 par 5 holes. Very good value. Pace of play today was under 4 hours. Other times I played it this year it was between 4 1/2 and 5 hours. I look forward to playing it again soon.

Commented on 09/06/2017

Hi "david3589" Thank you for the great review! We are so glad that the pace of play is improving as we have been working hard on this issue. Thank you so much for coming out and we hope to see you again this weekend!

Ajl7707's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/19/2017

Commented on 08/22/2017

Hi "Ajl7707" Thank you for the great review! Please come back and see us again soon.

"August 18 Twin Peaks"

towerup's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/18/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Course is really in good condition even though temperatures have been in the 90's. The greens were mostly in good condition with some unrepaired ball marks. Rate of play was excellent with no delays in play.

Commented on 08/22/2017

Hi "towerup" Thank you for the excellent review. We appreciate you coming out and hope to see you again in the near future.

"Good for intermediate golfers"

millesa's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/15/2017

Nice layout and challenging enough. Was an enjoyable 18 holes.

Some of the tees are close to previous greens. Sometimes hard to tell where you need to go next.

Easy check in; carts in good shape.

We had trouble with some yahoos (4 men) behind us whooping, hollering and hitting into us.

Some middle schoolers snuck in on the back 9 and told us they were part of a "golf school". We found out later they were interlopers, but unfortunately got stuck behind 2 groups of them.

Would have helped to have had a marshall to call for those 2 incidents.

Commented on 08/22/2017

Hi "millesa" Thank you for the review and we hope you enjoyed your round with us. We appreciate the feedback and we will take a closer look into adding a Marshal for these types of situations. Thank you for coming out and we hope to see you again in the near future.

"Keith is a awesome teacher and person"

Harryholmes's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/13/2017

I have been playing at twin peaks for 30 years and always come back.... the course is in the best ever and always challenging.

Thank you Roger Sr.

Commented on 08/18/2017

Hi "Harryholmes" Thank you for the great review. We will definitely pass along the kind words to Keith! We are very luck to have him on our staff and enjoy having you at the course for so many years!

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/07/2017

Commented on 08/18/2017

Hi "u000006364434" Thank you for the 5 star review! We really appreciate it.

"This course has nice views"

luv469camaros's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/05/2017
First time playing Used cart Wet weather Verified Purchaser

It reminded me of a basic city course, not too exciting, but a good value, cost was low.

Commented on 08/14/2017

Pace of play was terrible. 3 hours to play 9 holes. Pro shop just made excuses. So disappointed all the way around. No refund just excuses.

Commented on 08/09/2017

Hi "luv469camaros" Thank you for the honest review. We are glad that you have a great value at Twin Peaks. Don't forget to try our other two courses in the area, Sunset and Ute Creek next time!

"Club house staff"

u4201018's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/31/2017

I golf this course at least once a week and have always had a great experience until today. I wish I would of got the gentleman name working the counter at the club house this afternoon as he was rude and very unprofessional. I have never been talked to like he talked to me today all because we ran 20mins behind on our front 9 when we didn't even get to tee off 15mins after our tee time as well as didn't get called up to the tee box. I bring alot of my friends here because of the course but today was alittle embarrassing as I had 2 good friend of mine with me and having them experience customer service like that when all I have told them is how great the course is.

Commented on 08/09/2017

Hi u4201018,

Thanks for your review and for the feedback. We have talked to the staff member in question and deeply regret the unfortunate encounter you had. We are working to make sure that this doesn't happen again, and we hope to see you back at the course soon.

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/29/2017

Views of the mountains while golfing was wonderful and the golf course was is very good conditions. Enjoyed playing at Twin Peaks.

Commented on 08/08/2017

Hi "u4509788" Thank you for the great review! We are so glad you enjoyed the great review while playing today. Please come back and see us again soon.

"Flat, Except Where It Isn't"

gorlicka's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/13/2017

The name refers to the view, not the topography. The course is flat, an easy layout with relatively few hazards. However, the greens are significantly elevated and protected by deep bunkers and very stiff first cut rough. Thus pars usually require hitting the green in regulation. It's not unusual, at least for me, to have a great drive, finish the hole with two putts, and card a double bogey. Nevertheless, I like this course, have played it again since the date of this review, and will be back for more.

Commented on 08/01/2017

Hi "gorlicka" Thank you for the honest review. We appreciate the feedback regarding the course layout and hope that you will have a better finish next time in your round. Thanks for playing and we can't wait to have you back at the course.