Type Public/Municipal

Year Built 1997
Architect Keith Foster (1997)

Single Allowed No
Dress code Appropriate golf attire is required, including a collared shirt.

Restaurant

Good layout, but questionable operations.

The course and greens were in great shape. The Starter was helpful with tips on playing the course. The rough was ok, but outside the rough meant your ball was lost. Staff was ok, but they had an injured animal on one hole that took several hours to deal with and they made us skip that hole. For what we payed, this is unacceptable in my opinion.

There are three public course options in Steamboat Springs, so I'd probably play here again if in town again, after checking the others out first.

Nice golf course

Really enjoyed playing this course. Need to stay on the fairways. Course has a great layout. Greens were tricky to read at times. Great views. Our foursome had a fun time on this course. Will play it again.

Good course for women

I really liked the forward tee placement and beautiful views from this course. The greens were fast when I played and it was a bit wet in the early morning, so I didn't get the rolls I could have gotten two hours later.

Nice course to walk, although we used a cart. Next time I would walk or try the "golf bikes" .

A bit expensive for a municipal course, but the views and location make it a summertime must play.

Exceptional municipal course in stunning location

It's hard to believe this is a muni, though it's priced like a premium daily fee, which is understandable. There are no bad holes on this golf course, just like there doesn't seem to be any Keith Foster designs that aren't solid. The front nine is more links-style while the back gets really creative. Laid out in a meadows, the course doesn't have a lot of elevation change, but there are certainly some scenic tee shots. I like the variety of holes, too, from very different par 3s to drivable par 4s. Family tees are a really nice touch.

Zonie perspective

We paired up with a local who knew the course, which was invaluable. Unfortunately he only played 9 holes and we were on our own for the back nine. What a difference not knowing where to hit or where the hazards are. Did not matter though. What gorgeous day on a gorgeous course. The breathtaking scenery of the Yampa valley was worth the trip.

Fun course

This course very nice good condition great greens I can't wait to play this course again!!

Trouble with Golf Now

The course did not honor my pre-paid Hot Deal time. They said they tried to call me to cancel my time, but never got me. I ended up on the phone with Golf Now until 5 minutes before my tee time. The course eventually let me out at a rate close to what I had booked on Golf Now, but did not accept the pre-payment. Assume that this course has a big problem with Golf Now. Can't advise booking through here.

Very nice course

As a 19 handicapper I was a little concerned about playing Haymaker after reading the reviews. Luckily I got paired with Dave, a member, who has been playing this course for years. His advice saved me many shots during the round. If you can hit a 200 yard drive straight, you probably will do well. The course was in very good condition and I only had a couple of bad lies in the fairway. The greens were in great shape and putted true. The club house staff was very helpful to a first timer. I'm not sure I would pay the regular rate, since I am not a resident, but the Golfnow rate make this round very enjoyable.
I would like to play here again.

This course is fun with many challenging holes.

Very nice layout with generous landing area from all tees. It has a links type style with fairways lined with natural grasses. Keep it on the fairway, or bring lots of balls. Greens have subtle breaks that do not break as much as the eye perceives.

Great links course

This is a very good links style course. Pace of play was okay but could be better / faster. Food in the bar after was good and price was good as well
Kevin

Fun course/great staff

Even though there had been a lot of rain, the course was in great shape...drained very nicely. Pro shop allowed us to move up our tee time by 2 hours which allowed us to miss the late afternoon rain and get in 18 holes.

Very nice change in look for each hole. Used most every club in the bag.

The discount offered by Golf Now was excellent, but limited. Definitely a return destination.

Beautiful course, Needs to provide a yardage book.

Course was in excellent shape. Challenging but fair, bring extra balls because if you leave the fairway the heavy rough is unforgiving. The staff was friendly. The only negative was the need for a yardage book and map of the course or GPS on the cart. Without that it was difficult to know where to place your shot on many holes.
I look forward to playing this course in the future.

Beautiful course in a beautiful setting. The staff was excellent and we had a scrumptious meal afterwards.

Like a old Links style course

Fun to play. Needs red stakes to define the really thick grass and hay between the fairways. Or maybe a bush hog? DTees are supe, faiways are nice as heck for so early in the short growing season, and the greens are getting faster.

Good Course by expensive

A GPS would have warranted a higher rating. There were no hole diagram on each hole. If you did not play with someone that played there before you would be lost.

Overrated/over priced

This is not a mountain course. Charging over a $100 is a rip off. There were greens that were tore up and unlevel tee boxes. Very average holes, straight and boring. If you find yourself in Steamboat Springs there are better courses to play.

Difficulty Extremely Easy

Overpriced

I play golf all around the country and for the life of me I can't understand all the hullabaloo about this course. Everyone says, oh you have to play it. I didn't think it was that great. Just under 3 hours for the front nine and no marshalls to be seen anywhere. Way overpriced, but its a captive audience. Not many courses in that area. I won't go back.

4.1904857143