East Hartford Golf Course

Year Built 1930
Architect Al Zikorus (1954) Devereux Emmet (1930)

Clubs No

For mid-March you can’t beat it. Greens were pretty good as well.

Course is in great shape for time of year

Great course conditions considering it’s the beginning of March. Layout can be confusing at times in terms of which hole is next etc. Not the most challenging course by any means but not a layup either. Staff was great as well as other players on the course. Overall good place to get the first round of the year under my belt. Approach shot on the 18th is very intimidating visually which is a plus for me. I like holes that make me think. Would certainly consider returning to play again.

East Hartford GC

Decent course if your new to the game or your trying to shoot low. Couple uncharacteristically challenging greens and a few doglegs that a drive-able. Otherwise, pretty basic track layout that needs some maintenance which is to be expected in early March in New England.

Not bad for all year round course

Only down fall really was pace of play, your going to get stuck behind people that should be at the range instead of the golf course but hey, what can ya do. Cool layout worth the money.

Commented on 03/10/2020

Thank you for your review. We value your feedback and hope to see you again soon!

Things to Work On.

I’ve played my fair share of nice courses. I’ve played TPC Myrtle Beach and some other prestigious courses down in Myrtle Beach so I know what a good course is. To be honest you pay $32 to have a good time. First of all the pace of play is horrible. It took me and 3 others just around 4 hours and 15 minutes to play 18. That was because other players either weren’t in their fairways or there was a backup. Secondly the course layout isn’t anything special. The course doesn’t really require skill or tough placement shots except for a couple of holes. I could be here for days on why this course isn’t good. It’s a poor course and they should work on a lot. I’ll save you the money and just know there are much better courses around the area.

Commented on 03/10/2020

Thank you for your review. We take customer feedback seriously, and are working hard to improve the customer experience. Please let us know if there is a specific service area you were dissatisfied with by contacting us at info@easthartfordgc.com

Slowest round of my life

They seriously need a person driving the course to keep things moving, waited at EVERY tee box on the front 9 for at least 5-10 minutes PER HOLE. These guys where constantly holding up the entire course trying to find balls. Took me and a friend 4 1/2 hours to play 18 AND WE HAD TO SKIP TWO HOLES TO GET PAST THESE PEOPLE. It’s a simple problem with a fairly simple solution, so do yourselves a favor and figure it out. Great course for the money, but I don’t have 6 hours to play 18 holes, ridiculous.

Commented on 10/16/2019

Thank you for your 3 star review. We appreciate your feedback and are glad you find a good value with us. If there is a specific area that you'd like to discuss, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at info@easthartfordgc.com. Thank you.

Tee times during Scramble

Unbelievably so ... The management scheduled tee times during a scramble tournament. It was obvious as they hurried us off, that the tournament was the priority.
I found this scheduling to be unprofessional and unwarranted. With the declining weekday golfer numbers, this course needs to be more sensitive.
If we knew there was a scramble, we would have taken our business elsewhere and probably will in the near future.

Commented on 10/16/2019

We apologize for this inconvenience. We'd like to see what we can do to have you back out to our facility and give you the opportunity to play the course and experience great customer service. Please contact us at info@easthartfordgc.com so we can arrange this. Thank you.

Enjoyable experience

Our foursome of two couples were welcomed by a fine young man for our mid morning tee time. He took care of us and got us out about 30 min early. The course is a classic 1920’s layout with the front 9 starting you out easy and the back 9 ratcheting up the challenge. The last three holes are a heck of a finish. Pace of play was very good. In general, the course condition was very good. Some bare or worn areas but most outside the primary play areas on holes. The greens putted true and quick. Course markings were well done which helped us as first time visitors. The four or five course employees we met during the round were all friendly. Following the round we had a fabulous lunch in the restaurant. The manager served us and was very helpful in our selections. The new menu is excellent and the food preparation was very good. We will definitely plan to come down and play East Hartford again and recommend it to others. This was a fun, classic old time course to play.

Commented on 09/16/2019

Thank you very much for your kind review! We're glad you enjoyed your experience and hope to see you back soon!

Outstanding

Recently played in The Member-Guest at East Hartford Golf Club.... from arrival to the raffle was outstanding!

Starting with our arrival, Roger Baral, The President of the Men's Club.... occuppied the outside table... giving directions to arriving players. While Inside the Proshop, Kyle and and his staff were prompt and professional upon checking players in for the day. They had EVERYTHING ready to go for us. Golf carts were all lined up with players names and hole assignments... making it easy to start the tournament

Thanks to Bill Abbey, the golf course was in amazing shape from tee to great greens!!! The pace of play was simply stellar... no 5 hour round here!!! The beverage cart, fully stocked, made frequent visits to the groups on the course throughout the day

The restaurant, fully renovated by new owner Matt, with all new staff being directed by Deb is exactly what was needed and missing at the golf course! They were fully staffed and ready for the players as the tournament finished up. Dinner was very very impressive

While they are golf friendly, it's a relaxing place to meet for drinks and great foods while watching a game or sitting on the patio after work

Congratulations to ALL involved....for making a Sunday golf day....THE MEMBER GUEST

JS

Commented on 08/19/2019

Thank you JS for your excellent review! We strive to treat guests to the best experience possible every day. Hope to see you back soon!

Great Course and Fun Time

The maintenance of the grounds have improved immensely. Pace was consistent and we were teamed up with a great golfer. Absolutely worth the price to play too!!!

Commented on 07/11/2019

Thank you very much for your feedback, we are glad you had a great time! Our team has worked hard to improve the course we are always happy to see comments like this. Hope to see you back soon!

Commented on 06/18/2019

Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your round and hope to see you back soon!

Great Round!

Fair course with great pace of play. Holes with varying degrees of difficulty and nice layout. It's a great value and a convenient.

Commented on 06/18/2019

Thank you for coming out and enjoying our course! We hope to have you back soon!

Grade "D" course!

Although the greens were fairly good the rest of the course was in terrible shape. In fairness it did rain the evening prior to play but most of these conditions were not from the rain. The course was flat and wide open with the front nine mixing with the back.The only thing that made this course difficult at all was finding your ball even in the fairways.

Commented on 06/18/2019

Thank you for your feedback, customer responses give us valuable information on where we can improve.

Commented on 07/23/2019

Thank you for your review. We take customer feedback seriously, and are working hard to improve the customer experience. Please let us know if there is a specific service area you were dissatisfied with by emailing us at info@easthartfordgc.com.

Too wet to be open

Play course last Wednesday golf course far too wet for play course did not put up an advisory with GolfNow I plugged and lost four or five golf balls on the first few holes never seen a course so wet but yet still open for play this golf course should not charge full price for such a miserable experience you had a good shot and you can't find your ball because it's a foot underground absolutely ridiculous....... If you want to keep the course open with these conditions let people know straight away lower your price because the course is playing like a swamp and don't mislead people decent municipal golf course on a dry day but certainly no value here playing a sopping wet course for that kind of money

March Madness

The course was a little wet in some areas, but we expect that . You can't really complain about anything at this time. All I know is; we had a great time out there today. The weather was great, the greens are nice. Lost six ball in the fairways, other than that , we had a great time! The staff there are really friendly. I would recommend this course to all my friends and family!

Commented on 04/08/2019

Thank you for coming out. We can't wait for the weather to break soon (hopefully) so we can continue to improve our course. We look forward to having you back soon!

-Chris
General Manager

Great price

Great price and friendly staff. Course was wet but that is to be expected. This time of year. They are one of the few near me open year round, weather permitting.I will play this course again.

Commented on 04/08/2019

Thank you for coming out. We can't wait for the weather to break soon (hopefully) so we can continue to improve our course. Tell all your golfer friends next winter that we stay open as well! We look forward to having you back soon!

-Chris
General Manager

Nice course for the price and they even stay open for play during the winter weather permitting so that makes them even better

Commented on 07/08/2019

Thanks for your review! We appreciate your feedback. Come visit us again soon!

Manchester, Connecticut
South Windsor, Connecticut
Glastonbury, Connecticut
South Windsor, Connecticut
Bloomfield, Connecticut
Ellington, Connecticut

Valid dates: Apr 04, 2020 - Sep 30, 2020
Here at Coachman's Golf Resort we pride ourselves on the high quality of magnificent golf, superb amenities and outstanding service that we offer our valued customers.