2.2
1.7
2.6
1.6

Scorecard for Laurel View
Black M: 74.0/136 354 196 423 549 492 331 249 579 459 3632 334 561 184 286 480 429 425 180 389 3268 6900
Blue M: 71.8/131 325 173 395 530 459 320 213 549 434 3398 309 525 157 278 453 387 398 167 359 3033 6431
White M: 69.0/129 290 150 370 510 415 320 185 515 352 3107 309 500 147 278 453 362 368 167 314 2898 6005
Red M: 68.1/121 W: 71.8/131 280 99 270 443 407 282 121 482 346 2730 278 492 106 247 400 241 355 133 304 2556 5286

Year Built 1969
Architect Geoffrey Cornish (1969) Bill Robinson (1969)

Don't Waste Your Time Or Money!

Laurel View Country Club used to be such a fun and great course to play. I live in town and it was always packed on weekends and well kept. However, things are going terribly down hill. Do not waste your money or time by playing at Laurel View.

I scheduled a tee time through golfnow.com and purchased a Hot Deal for $18/person with cart. I paid in full at the time of purchasing the hot deal. The next day we arrived and checked in the with starter at the desk. He informed us that they just implemented a new policy with Hot Deals and the price is now $23/person. Even though I purchased the advertised price, we needed to give even more money.

The course itself is awful. The fairways look like roughs on most courses. The roughs are really high grass. Not sure how many balls we lost just because of the roughs. The 'sand' traps are just rock filled dirt. There are no water containers for the players to drink from or use to fill up their water bottles. The ball washers are either completely dry or completely missing.

I only gave 5 stars to the pace of play because we were the only ones on the course for the most part. Everything else was a 1 star.

I hope Laurel View comes around, but until it does, don't waste your money or your time. It is not fun at all anymore.

Commented On 05/22/2019

Hello. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for your experience during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. Please contact GolfNow customer service with your reservation number. Thank you for playing Laurel View.

What happened?

I had played here just once and it was a few years ago, but I was still surprised how this course is. I doesn't appear they have done maintenance in months. It was all bad - fairways, greens, and even the tee boxes. The layout is odd and frustrating. I won't be back.

Commented On 05/20/2019

Hi. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Laurel View. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Rough conditions

Laurel View is in sad shape. Today was wet, but the course is in overall bad conditions, bunkers are unplayable. The pro unexpectedly charged me an extra $6.00, seems to have been a ripoff, but some guy is the clubhouse gave me free practice balls,, so a wash. probably won't play here for a while.

Commented On 05/20/2019

Hello, Jeboriah. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We with the recent rain we are working to get everything up to par. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. Please contact GolfNow customer service with your reservation number at (800) 767-3574 regarding the additional charge. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing @LaurelViewCountryClub. We hope to see you again soon.

Satisfactory.

A little more maintenance to this course could make a world of difference. Some improvements were made from last year especially on the 11th hole.

Commented On 05/20/2019

Hi! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back! Thanks for choosing Laurel View.

Fake price

I bought two hot deal tee times of 7 players through online booking. The price in website was $18 green fee plus $3.49 of convinient fee. But there is a different rate of $23 minimum payment in the pro shop. So the person in pro shop extra charged $5 per player. The person said it is the order of his boss. This is unfair and fake online price. I complained but the pro shop person said if I don't pay the extra charge he will refund through GOLF NOW. Ii is terrible experience for me.

Commented On 05/17/2019

Hello. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for your experience. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. Please contact GolfNow customer service with your reservation number and speak with a member of their amazing team for resolution of this issue, and thank you for playing Laurel View.

Commented On 05/10/2019

Hello. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We see you rated the course 1-star and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take single star feedback very serious at our course. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Laurel View.

Needs some care

Haven't played this course in a few years. The greens & fairways were maintained but the rest of the course needs TLC A number of par 5s and long Par 4s that can eat you up unless you are along ball hitter. With some maintenance and care this course could come back to be the hidden gem it was. It is still good to play if you are in the area!

Commented On 05/01/2019

Hello. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future. Thanks for choosing Laurel View.

If Only.....(2)

I posted a long review last night that didn’t show up...,

First time playing this course.
I read the bad reviews AFTER I already made my reservation. I tried to cancel but decided to stick it out.

IF ONLY this course would listen to all the golfers that complain about the same issues.

*no basic maintenance anywhere on the course
*fallen trees everywhere ... on the cart paths, greens & fairways.
* a cart available woulda been nice for the front 9, that I paid for
*did not see a single worker on the course. Only “2” working the desk. (???)
*bunkers should all be out of play. Ridiculous condition

I loved the layout and the challenges of the course itself.

Town of Hamden needs to present a golf course or sell it for condos.

Course didn’t have enough golf carts and we had to walk. Greens were in TERRIBLE shape .

Commented On 03/28/2019

If only .....,,

I booked my Golfnow round before I checked out the reviews online.
So.... I went today with a totally open mind as Laurel View has gotten many poor reviews.

The course layout was extremely challenging!
I really enjoyed the day playing these holes.

Now....IF ONLY they would repair the cart paths.
IF ONLY they would clear the downed trees that are all over the golf course.
One such tree was actually on a par 3 green-which I parred!!
Another small tree was blocking a cart path-easy fix
Several small trees could of been moved easily.

Maybe it’s because they just opened, although I played with a regular LV golfer that told me the lack of hands on care tends to be the norm here.

I really wanted to give a good review being the first time here in 25 years.
I will give Laurel View in Hamden another shot this year.

IF ONLY they would get caught up on the maintenance....geez

Commented On 03/28/2019

Hi. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Laurel View.

Needs work

Course needs a lot of work. Good news is that I have heard that they have a very good new member on the grounds staff .

Also a pricing issue, they do not honor the price shown on golf now site, not happy.

Commented On 05/22/2019

Commented On 05/20/2019

Hi. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing @LaurelViewCountryClub.

#GolfLife
#letsglow
#GolfTravel
#GolfFriends
#drivechipandputt
#BeautifulGolfCourses

Please mow the lawn

I understand that it is early and that the greens crew has not had a real chance to get ahold of the place yet but then you should not be open if the fairways are uncut and the greens are fuzzy.

Commented On 04/02/2019

Hello. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We see you rated the course 1-star We take single star feedback very serious at our course. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Laurel View.

Response from Laurel View Country Club on 10/10/2018:
Hello. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. We hope you'll give us another try in the near future. Thanks for playing Laurel View.

Fix this course

What used to be a good course is no more. Every sand trap was weeds and rocks . No sand. Tee boxes and greens poorly maintained.

Response from Laurel View Country Club on 09/25/2018:
Hello, Leo. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. We hope you'll give us another try in the near future. Thanks for choosing Laurel View.

Poor value for amount charged

Played this course for the 3rd. time and that would be the last. Travelled an hour and a half to come play due to a friend leaving nearby. The facility is dirty. The Bathroom is filthy with cobwebs, dirt everywhere, and light fixtures hanging down. there are no staffs on site or the course if something transpired. The Golf shop is a rundown room. The course itself is what it is. It is a shame that such a beautiful space is being managed this way. I was insulted for the price paid to play and the amenities received which is basically none. It is Heartbroken to see how filthy the property is. Will definitely saved my $50 and play somewhere else.

Response from Laurel View Country Club on 09/10/2018:
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We apologize that we did not provide you with the top-notch golf experience you were looking for. Please give us a call and request to speak with Matt Menchetti. We would like to make this right

First Time

I wish I could have played this course 20 years ago, as I bet it was one of the best in CT. The layout & design is amazing. It uses the CT countryside extremely well. However, the overall condition of the buildings, cart paths, etc. is not very good. Too bad...This course has some very memorable holes.

Response from Laurel View Country Club on 09/10/2018:
Thank you for providing very helpful feedback! We're working hard to improve conditions and we hope you'll return in the future for a better experience with us.

Review

The course could be a very nice course If it was maintained, for the price I played with 18 I can't complain I got a golf now hot deal for 20 dollars but I would not recommend paying more than that the bunkers were non playable as they were all over grown with grass and I arrived at the course early to be able to go to the driving range before my round but they were out of balls which I know happens but what I don't understand is how 4 hours after my round they still didn't have any balls for the range so in conclusion if you can get a hot deal or pay 20 dollars or less I'd go to this course but if not spend your money somewhere else

Response from Laurel View Country Club on 09/04/2018:
Hello. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. We appreciate your feedback, and we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Well it was only $30

This course isn’t the best maintained. The greens are in very poor shape. There are interesting elevations and some blind shots. They probably aren’t going to put money into the course so I probably won’t be back anytime soon.

Response from Laurel View Country Club on 09/04/2018:
Hello, Kent. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. We hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Avoid at all costs

Man they have let this course go. The course conditions are deplorable. Greens are gross dead spots everywhere crab grass growing right in the greens. Bunkers are overgrown with plants and haven’t been raked all season it seems. Really sad, this course isn’t far away from closing down. I won’t be back, and wouldn’t even go if it was free.

Response from Laurel View Country Club on 09/04/2018:
Hello, Michael. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. We hope you'll give us another try in the near future.
Hamden, Connecticut
Woodbridge, Connecticut
New Haven, Connecticut
Woodbridge, Connecticut

Valid dates: May 27, 2019 - Sep 01, 2019
Experience golf at its best on five fully renovated championship courses in pristine condition. This summer, villa accommodations start at just $232/person/night—or you can upgrade to The Sanctuary Hotel from $404/person/night (midweek).
TPC Sawgrass Experience Golf Package
PARK CITY VACATION DEALS
Stay and Play
Stay & Play Escape at Eagle Eye!
Stay and Play
Stay & Play this Summer at Hawk Hollow!