2.4
2.3
2.6

Laurel View Country Club

Year Built 1969
Architect Geoffrey Cornish (1969) Bill Robinson (1969)

Give me a refund and do not sell when it is close

I booked tee time 1104 DEC 23 for two players.
When I got to the golf club, it is close.
Then I met a staff and he said to me that he doesn't understand
why golfnow sold tee time even though Laurel View asked golfnow not to sell tee times.
So, anyhow get me a refund, and it's so disapointing and annoying.

Commented on 12/26/2019

Hello. We appreciate you reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the experience you had with your booking. We understand a refund has been issued so we're glad the situation was resolved; however, if you have additional questions, we ask that you contact GolfNow customer service at 1 (800) 767-3574. Please have your confirmation number handy. Thank you for choosing Laurel View Country Club. We hope to see you again soon.

SLOW PLAY

Sadly it's mid November,colder for sure. Had to deal with horribly slow play. It's winter rules,no need for 4 practice swings. Grip it and rip it. Have respect for players behind you.

Commented on 11/18/2019

Hello. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future. Thanks for choosing Laurel View Country Club.

The rookie

This is autumn so there were leaves all over the course that’s to be expected. I thought it was a good layout and I’ll go back. The weather was cloudy and light rain. Welcome to Connecticut

Commented on 11/11/2019

Hi, Joseph. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing @LaurelViewCountryClub.

Commented on 10/31/2019

Hi, Hyunyunj. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing @LaurelViewCountryClub.

#BeautifulGolfCourses

Good value for the money

We played on a nice fall weekday. Able to take our time as the course was not crowed. Course was in good condition. The greens were a little slow but of course you could adjust. Only complaint was the grill was not open when we finished. Would have like a light meal after the great 18 holes we played. But I am sure that there were not enough players there to justify opening it. I will play here again

Good day on a nice track but traps are a no play

Pro was wonderful, carts are new and great. Don't call the traps sand traps. They are boulder, rock and stone traps. Hit out of two lifted the other two. Had to move literally 8 inch boulder to hit one of my trap shots. Clay traps not sand. Rebuilding traps as some have white sand. I didn't hit into any of those so I can't comment on them. About 20% of traps have been rebuilt. First cut around greens is burnt and baked in too many places. Greens are good with a good roll and good speed. Worth the $'s but lift out of traps. Cart paths are going to destroy the new carts.

Commented on 10/02/2019

Hello. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the sand traps is important to us. We are working to get everything at the course up to par. As you mentioned, we have a project to tile the bunkers and restore them. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can continue to make improvements, and we will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Laurel View Country Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Good course, great value

I’ve been a regular at this course for years and enjoyed many wonderful rounds here with my girlfriend and friends. Course has a great layout with many fun holes. Front 9 is long and wide, back 9 is shorter and narrow with obstacles making it a very fun and somewhat challenging course for an intermediate golfer. Though the course has never been in top-notch shape (mostly the bunkers, but hey, you shouldn’t be in the sand anyway), the conditions are good enough to be unbothered and they have been working hard to fix up the place. Staff is very friendly and the new golf pro is a great guy who is very respectful, along with his awesome dog! Best part about this course is the excellent value. The course is also quite empty if you go at the right times, allowing you to cruise through a round with ease. Love this place, and I will continue to play here for years to come!

Commented on 09/20/2019

Hello, and thank you for reviewing the course. Your feedback about the price of our course is important to us. We always want to make sure we are offering golfers a competitive price for their round. It is our goal to give visitors the best chance to get out and play more. Thank you for playing @LaurelViewCountryClub. We hope to see you again soon.

Talk about perfect

I've been coming to Laurel View for the past few years regularly. First of all, for the price, no one should ever complain. Laurel View probably has some of the best deals in all of Connecticut. The course has gradually been getting nicer over the years and you can tell the staff is doing all they can to improve conditions. Making these changes on the golf course (fixing up cart paths, bunkers, greens) obviously will take some time. If you complain about wanting them done so bad, how about you donate a million bucks and hire more grounds crew yourself. For people who have been there regularly and say they need more water coolers...the time will come, for now just BRING YOUR OWN WATERS...they will not yell at you. The staff has always been friendly and accommodating (having the dog Stanley around is an added bonus). Course can get crowded at times but that's just like anywhere else. The staff will be nice enough to send you off the back 9 if they know the front is packed. There's other days that the course is wide open and you can breeze through it. I can't say enough good things about this course, staff and what they're doing to improve it. It's a challenging course for a beginner but once you get used to it, you learn how to attack and play every hole in no time. This course will fore-ever be my golf home and I can't wait to see continuous improvements for years to come.

Commented on 09/20/2019

Hello, and thank you for your kind words! We are happy to be your golf home, and we hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing @LaurelViewCountryClub.

Commented on 09/04/2019

Hello. We appreciate the review. You rated us 3-stars which means there is room to improve on your recent experience at Laurel View. Let us know, in the comments, how and where you would like to see changes. Thanks for the feedback!

Commented on 09/04/2019

We want to hear more about your experience with us! Let us know in the comments. We look forward to seeing you again soon! Thanks for choosing @LaurelViewCountryClub.

#BeautifulGolfCourses

Challenging layout and good value for money

I played at the course on Golf Now hotdeal if less than $30 all inclusive. It’s a long course at 6924 yards. For actual golf play, overall, the fairways and greens are good,, but some tee boxes are very poor, devoid of grass. The front nine fairways are generally wide but the back nine fairways are hilly and narrow making it a challenge (slope is 127). The cart paths need resurfacing. But for the deal I got it was value for money and enjoyed the play with no rush.

Commented on 09/04/2019

Hi. Let us first start by thanking you for the great review. This is the experience we strive to provide. We partnered with GolfNow because we believe in offering our golfers the best opportunities in golf, whether that be with our website or our partner’s. We will continue to work hard and create an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing @LaurelViewCountryClub. We hope to see you again soon.

Challenging course

Wanted just a challenging round of golf and this course provided it. Quite hilly and good length. Previous reviews described bad cart paths and bunkers and that hasn't changed but outside of the traps it really didn't affect much. Only a couple of greens and tee boxes were not in good shape. Pace was fine. We were considerably backed up on the first tee and the manager had us go off the back nine first which greatly helped. Staff was friendly. Course was very busy. Overall it gave me what I wanted, a very good challenge at a reasonable price.

Commented on 08/20/2019

Hello. Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We see rated us 3 stars, which means there's room for improvement. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting @LaurelViewCountryClub!

course needs some work

Front nine fine, back nine greens very poor condition, could use some senior tees for a more enjoyable round

Commented on 09/04/2019

Hello. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing @LaurelViewCountryClub.

#BeautifulGolfCourses

Everything about this course sucks!

It all starts with the customer service, the guy at the pro shop was rude and very cold. The course was not not maintained. There are so many goose feathers on the fairway its extremely hard to locate balls. The sand traps are full of weeds. Your not able to order food at the 9th hole. They require you to order food after 18 holes. I can’t imagine anyone wanting to stay at that place after playing 18 holes.

Commented on 08/13/2019

Hello. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for your experience during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game. Thank you for playing Laurel View. We hope to see you again soon.

Frequent flyer

Me and my brother would play here all the time and considered ourself regulars. The conditions were never great. Some sand traps are rock traps, cart paths ripped up, tee boxes in poor condition. They’ve recently started to make renovations but it’s been an extremely slow process. Most of the changes have been made to holes that you can see from the parking lots to help with the overall appearance but it’s sort of a shame. The main course manager is a jerk and can be very rude at times. Was told they would have new water coolers out on the course but they’ve had no water at all the whole summer. And they’ll yell at yuh for bringing your own cooler. Only reason I keep coming back is because the prices are usually fairly cheap and the course can be empty so you can fly through 18 holes in 3 hour. Nice to bring my girlfriend to so she can practice and not get nervous with too many people around.

Commented on 10/25/2019

I wrote this review one day after one bad experience and I love the course and workers there so much I feel the need to comment and apologize. This course truly gets a bad rep and it doesn’t deserve it. They offer great deals and the course has a great pace of play. Conditions are improving and the staff is friendly. Love coming back and always enjoy my round.

Commented on 09/04/2019

The manager is a fine gentlemen.
As for bringing a small cooler of some water on a hot day I never been yelled at here or anywhere else that I play.

Commented on 08/13/2019

Hello. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. We are working to get everything at the course up to par including the cart path and restoring the bunkers. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience, and we hope you'll give us another try in the near future. Thanks for choosing Laurel View.

I really like this course

Some attention to the sand traps is needed. The greens were a little bit slow. Overall everything was in great shape except for the sand traps.

Commented on 07/24/2019

Hi. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing @LaurelViewCountryClub.

Getting much better

This course has a great layout. The new pro there is extremely friendly and accommodating. The greens, which had some dollar spot disease, are all coming back nicely after a few recent treatments. Several have recently been aerated and are looking much better as the holes fill in. Due to the heat they are on the slow side because they haven’t been cut too short. They recently got new cutting equipment and this has generally helped a great deal in keeping the rough playable.
The bunkers are gradually being renovated with new sand and the weeds and rocks have mostly been removed but remain below the standard of the rest of the course.
The grill room, which in the past has not often been open, is now mostly open and offers food and a nice bar area.
Overall, definitely improved and a fun place to play.
Recommended!

Commented on 07/24/2019

Hello. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us 4 stars. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back @LaurelViewCountryClub!

Worst condition

This was undoubtedly the worst golf course condition I have ever played on. One hole didn’t even have a fairway. All the Greens were completely overgrown and the bunkers weren’t bunkers .

Commented on 07/09/2019

Hi. Thank you for taking the time to review the course. We take single star feedback very serious at our course. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Laurel View.

Not Bad for the price

Greens and fairways were in great shape. Second cuts and sand traps (if that's what you want to call them.... They were all clay and pretty rough shape) Course recently underwent a redesign and is a beautiful layout. Pretty challenging for a beginner and intermediate player. Staff was great. Will be playing here again for sure.

Commented on 07/10/2019

Hello. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the sand traps is important to us. We are working to get everything at the course up to par. We have a project to tile the bunkers and restore them. The current condition is not the standard we strive to achieve. We are glad to see you found the course layout to your liking. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience, and thank you for playing Laurel View. We hope to see you again soon.

This course has potential.

I was excited to play this course and found a great price through Golf Now. One of my major complaints is that due to the lack of available golf carts, my round did not start until one hour after our scheduled tee time. The owner was very apologetic and said that he was making strides to improve the course and getting more golf carts. We were offered some range balls, but I think that due to the inconvenience, the owner could have offered a discount on the round, or a least a couple of free beers.

Now for the actual course review. I thought the course had a great layout and wasn't too difficult, but had a few very challenging holes. Some of the greens were not in good shape and had a lot of bumps that could derail your putting. The cart paths were terrible and need to be totally redone. There were no water jugs and I think that on a hot day, this is essential. Simple things like ball washers and more garbage cans on the course are also very much needed.

I would play here again, but not for a while, but hopefully the owner will sink a significant amount of money to improve the course. Upgrade the course conditions and people will want to play here,

Commented on 06/17/2019

Hi, J. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We apologize for the delay and lack of golf carts. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Laurel View. We hope to see you again in the future.

Hamden, Connecticut
4.1903588235
New Haven, Connecticut
Woodbridge, Connecticut

Valid dates: Mar 06, 2020 - May 06, 2020
Talamore’s Spring Signature Package (2 Nights / 3 Rounds), starting at $325 per person.