Laurel View Country Club

Year Built 1969
Architect Geoffrey Cornish (1969) Bill Robinson (1969)

Clubhouse

Commented on 07/29/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We'd love to hear more about your round. Comment below or give us a call, and please book another round with us soon. Thanks for choosing @LaurelViewCountryClub!

Save your money

The management at this place is atrocious. No sand in the bunkers (just dirt and rocks), the driving range hasn’t been operational in decades, and it says they offer pass perks, but when I asked the owner about them (he was on his phone while being the only employee in the pro shop), he had no idea what I was talking about. On top of it all, the cart was $25. So the $27 hot deal actually ends up being $52, for a course that is barely being taken care of at all. What a ripoff. The owner is clearly just making a quick buck while people will pay $60 for any golf course right now, instead of investing money back into the course.

Commented on 07/27/2020

Hello, John. Thanks for the review. We see you rated the course 1-star. We take single star feedback very seriously at our course. We always appreciate the feedback. Please reach out to our management team at (203) 281- 0670. Thank you for choosing Laurel View Country Club.

Ct Pat

Bunkers were just dirt holes, no sand.
Hot deal was not so hot since to my surprise, did not include carts. Did not pay attention to this since in the past carts were always include. In this case turned out to be same price as the green fees. Too much.

Commented on 07/21/2020

Hello, Pat. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the sand traps is important to us. We are working to get everything at the course up to par. We have a project to tile the bunkers and restore them. The current condition is not the standard we strive to achieve. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Laurel View Country Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Amazing course great value

This course is amazing. The people were very nice and caring and I felt at home. The prices are very fair and I would 10/10 recommend for a friend.

Commented on 07/13/2020

Hello. We are beyond happy to hear you enjoyed a great day at our course. Positive experiences make lifelong golfers. We look forward to many good times ahead with you, and we will pass on your kind words to those responsible so they can continue to help others enjoy great experiences @LaurelViewCountryClub.

Very Challenging and enjoyable course

I played this course on Monday and it was my first time playing here and I had a great time. The course layout is truly one of a kind I would definitely recommend playing here.

Commented on 07/13/2020

Hi. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back @LaurelViewCountryClub!

#BeautifulGolfCourses

Save your money and play somewhere else. Bunkers don’t even exist here and you wait on each tee box for ten minutes to tee off

Commented on 07/07/2020

Hello, and thank you for reviewing the course. We apologize for the delay of play during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. With so many golfers looking to get out, we are working very hard to maintain social distancing while accommodating everyone who visits our course. We are doing everything we can to allow our guests the chance to complete their rounds and finish in a reasonable amount of time. We will continue to look for ways to improve, and thank you for playing Laurel View Country Club. We hope to see you again soon.

When I played at Laurel View I could not believe my eyes it was my first time playing their this year and the improvements and changes they have made are spectacular. The greens and fairways are in amazing shape. The food from the 19th hole was outstanding and the service was even better.I ordered a burger and it was delivered to me on the course. The staff is very friendly. Overall I had a very good experience playing at Laure View and will definitely be returning.

Commented on 07/07/2020

Hi, Brendan. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We see you rated the course 1-star and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take single star feedback very seriously at our course. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Laurel View Country Club.

A mixed bag...but good value for money

Played the course for the first time. Really liked the layout and it is somewhat challenging. Tee boxes, fairways and greens were in decent shape for a public course. The bunkers have no sand but I read that in a prior report so we were prepared and just played it as a free drop and for the majority of golfers that is just fine. There are some other areas that need a little repair but overall a lot to like with a challenging design and decent conditions at a fair price.

Commented on 07/07/2020

Hi! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back at Laurel View Country Club!

Great Course Layout

Great course layout. Staff were very helpful and kind. Greens and fairways in good condition. I enjoyed playing here and would recommend to friends.

Commented on 07/13/2020

Hi. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us 5 stars. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back @LaurelViewCountryClub!

Rude staff, poor communication

I can't recommend anyone spend money to play at this course. We called for a tee time and asked if we could have a group of 4 where 3 would play 18 holes and 1 would play 9 holes. We were told that wouldn't be a problem and were given a Saturday morning tee time. When we arrived at the course to pay they refused to allow our 1 player to pay for the 9 hole fee and he had to instead pay for the full 18 hole price. This needed to be communicated during the booking process when we called and the misunderstanding could have been avoided. Lack of communication on the part of the staff would be a continuing trend.

My group tee'd off exactly on time. There is a sign on the first hole that says "Max time for 9 holes is 2 hours 15 minutes". So we were mindful of spending no more than 15 minutes per hole and finished the 9 holes in 2 hours and 11 minutes. When we went to make the turn, two different managers pressured us to play faster. We explained that we timed ourselves and completed the first 9 within the acceptable time outlined by the sign on the course. At that point, a manager named Matt, got very rude and intimidating with us - almost like he was a bouncer at a nightclub kicking someone out and spitting non-sense about how we were taking too long and needed to stay within half a hole of the group in front of us (there was no group in front of us) - even though we played within the allotted time outlined by the course rules. It doesn't make sense for management to pressure paying guests to play faster if it's posted that 2 hours 15 minutes per 9 holes is allowed. Again, if it was clearly communicated beforehand that a faster pace of play is expected then it wouldn't have been an issue and my group would have adjusted. However, it seems that this golf course lacks customer respect and the communications skills necessary to run a successful business. The remaining 3 players were followed the whole way on the back 9 being pressured to increase speed by the manager. 18 holes were played in 4 hours 20 minutes according to their watch, an average of 2 hours 10 minutes per 9 holes , 5 minutes shorter than the allowed time.

Very rude, very inconsiderate staff. The owner needs to hire people who are capable of properly communicating guidelines to the golf players before they make their tee times so they have an idea of what to expect. There are so many golf courses in this area of CT that are of the same quality that everyone should really avoid coming here. The staff only cares about getting you off the course as fast as possible. Avoid at all costs.

Commented on 06/29/2020

Hello. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for your experience during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our management team so we can make improvements, and we will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Laurel View Country Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Extremely rude staff

My friends and I had an early morning tee time for a group of 4 on a Saturday. When we booked the tee time the staff told us we could book one person for 9 holes and the other 3 for 18. When we arrived they refused to allow us to book one person for 9 holes. So one of us had to pay the 18 hole price for only 9 holes.

To make matters worse, when my group went to make the turn we were harassed by management for not playing faster. We timed ourselves and the 4 of us (2 people in carts, 2 walking) completed the 9 holes in 2 hours 11 minutes. There is a sign near the first hole that says max time allowed is 2 hours 15 minutes. So by the rules of the course my group was perfectly fine. We pointed this out to the staff and instead of having a civil conservation with us, an employee named Matt decided to get angry , loud , and intimidating to try and prove his point.

The harassment continued on the back 9 where another manager continued following our group all the way to the 18th hole. The group finished all 18 holes ( except for 1 of our friends who left the course after 9 holes ) ,with 1 person walking in 4 hours total. Which again is perfectly within the time limits set by the course. All of us were angry and felt like we had been robbed of our money. Truly terrible customer service and treatment by this staff. If there is a log jam on the course you need to actually go out and find it and not assume it’s your earlier group because we saw plenty of other groups on adjacent holes spending 12 minutes looking for their tee shot while we were able to complete an entire hole.

I can not recommend anyone go to this course unless you enjoy being treated terribly and wasting money.

What Kansas, Dorothy and Toto must have looked like after the twister.

Bunkers are shot. Off Fairway areas like construction zones. The carts are bumper cars gone wild. The greens were actually ok This place is obviously going under.

Commented on 06/26/2020

Hello. We are sorry to hear your experience did not meet your expectations; however, the way you have provided your feedback does not offer us any room to grow or change. Making comments that cut down the course are not helpful to us or any golfers reading your review. We encourage you to update your review to fit a more constructive form so we can use your experience to make changes. Thanks for playing Laurel View Country Club.

Stay away

The money spent on course maintenance, is so low, the bunkers did not even have sand in any of them.

Commented on 06/03/2020

Hello, and thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the bunkers is important to us. We are working to get everything at the course up to par. We have a project to tile the bunkers and restore them. The current condition is not the standard we strive to achieve, and we will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Laurel View Country Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Sand traps were parking lots

The traps were overgrown and harder than concrete, they didn’t even attempt to rake or tend to them.

Commented on 05/26/2020

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give Laurel View Country Club another try in the near future.

The course is in beautiful condition

The course is well maintained excluding the bunkers. The greens were in good condition. It is a challenging course to walk but if you’re up for the challenge I would recommend it! The price is reasonable and it was easy to get a tee time.

Commented on 05/19/2020

Hi. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing @LaurelViewCountryClub.

Commented on 05/07/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating,! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing @LaurelViewCountryClub!

Disappointed

I have to say I am very disappointed in the condition of the cart paths and the sand traps or should I say lack thereof sand in the sand traps. I was over charged after booking online once I arrived for my tee time as well. Will not be returning to this course.

Commented on 05/04/2020

Hello. Thanks for the review. We see you rated the course 1-star. We take single star feedback very seriously at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop. Thank you for playing Laurel View Country Club.

Laurel view

Played Laurel View today and could not believe my eyes. I played about 1 month ago and the course improvements since then are really impressive. The staff was very busy washing the carts and then sanitizing them. Staff is going the extra mile to insure the safety of the public. This course is well on its way to the hidden gem it once was, Book a starting time before you go, Matt Menchetti and pro Tony Roberto are two great guys doing a great job.

Commented on 04/30/2020

Wow, we are so happy you enjoyed your round! We look forward to seeing you again soon. Thanks for choosing @LaurelViewCountryClub.

Commented on 04/30/2020

Thank you for visiting us @LaurelViewCountryClub. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Hamden, Connecticut