Laurel View Country Club

Dress code: Proper attire is required.

Location is in the 'burbs convenient to the city worth the drive   Great for locals wildlife/ scenic views advanced golfers   Challenges include elevation changes narrow fairways water hazards   Great for drinks

"Nice course in need of work"

knotritenaou's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/16/2018

This place is a great layout, especially the back 9. However it is in need of serious repair, especially the sand traps and the cart paths. Not a drop of water available (not even in the ball washers)

"Going downhill fast"

pliontas's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/15/2018

Lack of maintenance main issue. Cart paths and bunkers are in poor shape. Crab grass everywhere. Several greens damaged from oil leak on mower.

"SAVE YOUR MONEY"

Scottyboy87's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/13/2018

Course is in absolutely terrible shape...no money put into this course and falling apart, as well as the club house !!

Save your money and play elsewhere !!

Response from Laurel View Country Club on 07/17/2018:

Hi Scottyboy87, we're sorry to hear your round with us was anything short of 5-stars. We appreciate you giving us a shot and hope you reconsider giving us another chance in the future. Thanks for playing Laurel View Country Club.

"(Lack of) Water Under The Bridge"

CTBackInTheRough's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/10/2018

If I can be honest, I've let this course fester for a few days before writing this review as I wanted my initial negative feelings to dissipate a bit before sitting down to write a review.

As a player with no home course, I like to play different courses around the state. So I was looking forward to Laurel View, as I look forward to every new course.

Let me start with the positives: The gentlemen in the pro shop was very nice. I have a CSGA PlayBook to save money at some of the state's courses, and he opted not to sign and said I could come back and play again for same price of $25 (with a cart).

Only after the round, did I realize why.

As for the course, it's tight on the back nine and quite a challenging layout. I thought my score would balloon significantly, but it didn't -- much to my surprise. Laurel View, I think, would be a good test even for the straightest of hitters if not for ....

The first negative: The range was closed. As an older golfer, I like to warm up and get a few swings in to loosen up the muscles and joints. On this day, though, the range was closed. Not a major issue, I suppose, but still. When you have a range and it's not open, it's a let down.

The bigger negatives: Throughout 18 holes on the course there is no water outside of the hazards. As in no drinking water and no ball washing water. In fact, most of the ball washers were broken.

Some of the fairways were very, very dry in spots and a handful of the greens (which did roll true and nice) had these odd brown stripes running to and fro over them).

I knew around the turn that I wouldn't be returning to Laurel because of the far from pristine conditions and lack of amenities.

Upon my departure, I met a man in the parking lot who asked me how things went. We talked about the course and I was honest with him in my critiques.

He then told me he plays there a lot and the owners are having a tough time with the town, which refuses to support the course.

As such, I admit I felt kind of bad about feeling so bad about the course I had just played.

So, in closing, I guess I'd say if you want to try a new course, that's quite challenging for a low price, Laurel View might be worth a shot. Just bring plenty of water and plenty of balls because you won't be able to clean any along the way.

"What happened?"

jmarini8175's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/09/2018

Laurel View used to be a hidden gem in CT. I played the course many times and absolutely loved the layout. Both 9’s offered totally different challenges. However, I could not believe what happened to this course. I knew something was up, when I booked a Hot Deal on Golf Now for $13 (18 holes, cart included). I felt like I was robbing the place. The course has gone downhill significantly. From a bare bones pro shop, to a closed restaurant, to a range reminiscent of the movie Tin Cup, this course needs major help. The positive is the layout. Great challenging course, with greens that roll surprisingly very true, despite the look. Now the bad. There is very little sand in bunkers and they are very neglected. I saw one rake on the whole course. Ponds and lakes have so much algae, you may actually be able to walk on them and play your ball from the hazard. In the good ol’ days they had fountains to keep water moving. There are ball washers with no water, cart paths with more holes than I-95 and no water coolers for drinking water. Fairways and tee boxes are mediocre at best. Wish I had money to buy the course to revamp it. Would love this course to get revived. I don’t want to see it go down the path of Woodbridge CC. For the price, it was worth playing. However, I would love to see it get back to the glory days over the next couple of years and pay $40-50 for 18. Hopefully, it will be done because this can once again can be a hidden gem of CT with some TLC. Good luck!

"Needs work!"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/08/2018

When I was there some of the greens were burned in the circular manner because of oil dripping from one of the rollers or grass cutters. Sand traps need sand.

Response from Laurel View Country Club on 07/12/2018:

Hello, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate the feedback about your round and are sorry to hear the conditions of the course weren't up to expectations. We hope you reconsider returning for another round soon. Thanks for playing Laurel View Country Club.

"No drinking water"

Fairwayted's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/29/2018

Played the course a month previous and the conditions were good. This time except for the greens the conditions were poor.

Rock hard fairways,clover all over the place and they would be better off getting rid of the bunkers. It was 90 degrees that day and there was no drinking water on the course. The layout is fantastic. I hope that the conditions improve

Response from Laurel View Country Club on 07/05/2018:

Hi Fairwayted, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate the feedback about your round and are sorry to hear the conditions of the course weren't up to expectations. We hope you consider returning for another round in the near future. Thanks for playing Laurel View Country Club.

"Decline of Laurel View"

rhipona's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/26/2018

I remember playing here in the 90s. A lot has changed for the worse.

Attendant locks entrance door to get carts. Searched for entry way having to pass through locker room exit.

We were informed there was a Womans league off at 9AM starting on 1 and 7. We had to find and start off at 6th hole with no course map on card. Behind group of 4 that were noisy who were eventually joined by another 2 some. Quite a bother following a 6some!

No course rangers to manage pace of play.

Response from Laurel View Country Club on 07/03/2018:

Hi rhipona, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We're sorry to hear your round with us was anything short of 5-stars. We hope this doesn't deter you from returning for another round soon. Thanks for playing Laurel View Country Club.

Brian6343006's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/25/2018

Response from Laurel View Country Club on 07/03/2018:

Hi Brian6343006, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We're sorry to hear your round with us was anything short of 5-stars. We hope this doesn't deter you from returning for another round soon. Thanks for playing Laurel View Country Club!

"This course needs water!"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/22/2018

Although I have enjoyed playing here in the past, the lack of water combined with the shotty mowing has burnt out many places in the fairways. The greens are hard and not in very good shape. The roughs have poor grass causing the ball to not stop rolling and bouncing when it's off the fairway. The sand traps are like concrete and the cart paths are in such disrepair you can't drive on them in many places. Pease water this course! It uaee to be nice!

Response from Laurel View Country Club on 06/26/2018:

Hello, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate the feedback about your round and are sorry to hear it wasn't up to expectations. We hope this doesn't deter you from returning for another round soon. Thanks for playing Laurel View Country Club!

golferbee's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/16/2018

Response from Laurel View Country Club on 06/19/2018:

Hi golferbee, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We're sorry to hear your round with us was anything short of 5-stars. We hope this doesn't deter you from returning for another round soon. Thanks for playing Laurel View Country Club.

wbpawlak's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/03/2018

No on course amenities. No drinking water cart paths are brutally beat up and tee boxes have beat up old ball washers that don’t work.

Response from Laurel View Country Club on 06/15/2018:

Hello, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We're sorry to hear your round with us was anything short of 5-stars. We hope you consider giving us another shot in the future. Thanks for playing Laurel View Country Club.

"Course with potential"

durabin's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/31/2018

Good course but upkeep is lagging. Amenities such as water on the course, ball washers, and sand in the traps were notably missing. Hope the mgmt can get it together, otherwise LV is going down.

Response from Laurel View Country Club on 06/04/2018:

Hi durabin, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We're sorry to the conditions of the course weren't up to par during your round. We hope this doesn't deter from returning for another round soon. Thanks for playing Laurel View Country Club.

vindastoli's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/23/2018

Response from Laurel View Country Club on 05/31/2018:

Hi vindastoli, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate your feedback about your round and are sorry to hear it was only 2-stars. We hope this doesn't deter you from returning for another round soon. Thanks for playing Laurel View Country Club.

"Pretty Good Shape"

Fairwayted's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/08/2018

I read a lot of reviews lately that the course was in awful shape. How untrue those reviews are. Greens were fast and true. The ball sat up nice in the fairway. Yes the bunkers do need work and the cart paths could also use some but overall the course is in pretty good shape. I wish the restaurant was open but it probably does not pay to open it on a slow Tuesday. I will be returning.

Response from Laurel View Country Club on 05/10/2018:

Hi Fairwayted, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate your feedback about your round and hope to see you again for another round soon! Thanks for playing #LaurelViewCountryClub.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/24/2018

Response from Laurel View Country Club on 04/27/2018:

Hello, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate your feedback about your round and are happy to hear you enjoyed it. We hope to see you again for another round soon! Thanks for playing #LaurelViewCountryClub!

"A Good Course in Decline"

Fourmyle's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/21/2018
Previously played Used cart Cold weather Verified Purchaser

I was sad to return to Laurel View and find the course in such condition. The cart paths are rutted gullies, as if bombed. Bunkers have not been maintained, being no more than packed sand. Fairways and greens are OK.

Response from Laurel View Country Club on 04/24/2018:

Hi Fourmyle, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate your feedback about your round and are sorry to hear you didn't enjoy it. We hope this doesn't deter you from returning for another round soon! Thanks for playing Laurel View Country Club.

"Left for dead"

RichMuli's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/11/2018

Each of the last 5-6 years this course is declining . Greens are heavily diseased and the sand traps well aren’t sand! To bad there’s a lack care for this course it could be a really nice track.

Response from Laurel View Country Club on 04/17/2018:

Hi RichMuli, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate your feedback about our course conditions and apologize they weren't up to expectations. We appreciate you giving us a shot. Thanks for playing Laurel View Country Club.

u000008081972's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/09/2018

Response from Laurel View Country Club on 04/13/2018:

Hello, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate your feedback about your round and are happy to hear you enjoyed it. We hope to see you again for another round soon! Thanks for playing Laurel View Country Club!

"Maintanance"

bobobereski's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/01/2017

Leaves covered most of the course. Lost 3 balls on the 1st 4 holes and 3 of my drives were on the fairway. I’ll go back in the spring and Summer but never again in the Fall.....

Response from Laurel View Country Club on 11/06/2017:

Thanks for the review, bobobereski. We appreciate your feedback and are sorry to hear about all the leaves on the course. Our staff does our best to clear the course before play in the mornings. We're looking forward to your next round with us. Thanks for playing!