Year Built 1994
Architect Robert Trent Jones, Jr. (1994) Donald Knott (1994) Gary Linn (1994)

Golf School Academy Yes - "Wailea Golf Academy"

Dress code Proper golf attire must be worn at all times

Bar, Restaurant

Clubhouse, Lounge, Banquet Facilities, Locker Rooms

Available Sports

Tennis

• Golf Advisor: Golfers' Choice (2019 #12)
  • Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Hawaii (2019 #1) (2018 #10) (2015 #3)
  • Golf Advisor: Top 25 Courses for Layout in the U.S. (2019 #8)
  • Golf Advisor: Top 25 Off-course amenities in the U.S. (2019 #13)

Playing Multiple Courses 7

WORST STAFF EVER!

Although the course was in good condition and the views are great the service at this place is appalling! We showed up and nobody is there to greet you, show you were to go, take your bags etc. We were treated like peons for showing up 5 min before our tee time and we scoffed at when we asked if we could just hit a couple range balls to warm up. After carrying our bags through the clubhouse in search of our carts we we're "greeted" just as we got to the carts and at this point they tried to take our bags to load them on the carts in search of a tip. The round went fine, but upon conclusion of the round we were once again treated poorly by the staff who tried to give us stern directions on where to park our carts and unload after we parked a mere 5' away they jumped in our carts and tried to pull them up before we could even unload our bags. Absolutely unprofessional I get treated better at my local muni course. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY HERE!

Commented on 07/10/2017

How about you don't show up 5 mins before a tee time and then ask to hit range balls??????

Birmingham Advisor

Beware the lava rock

This was my first Hawaii golf experience and it was as advertised. Lots of elevation change. Lava rock will really chew up a golf ball if you find one of the many outcroppings that line the fairways. The views, like most Hawaiian courses, are breathtaking. Hard to concentrate on golf at times. This courses, as with the others at Wailea, are extremely playable for all handicaps. Wide fairways and ample greens. Putting tip: these greens do not break as much as they appear. Putts into or down grain generally stay in the cup. When putting across the grain, play half of the break that you read. Just my experience.

Wailea Emerald

Absolutely outstanding views of the ocean on numerous holes. Beautiful landscaping on the course. Course was in great condition, but the greens were slow. Awesome happy hour with a phenomenal view after the round.

Good Course in Wailea

The Emerald Course is a great play in Wailea. The course is friendly for all levels of golfers and easily accessible if you are staying in Wailea. I would definitely recommend this friends and family but will probably try the Gold Course on my next visit to Maui before i play the Emerald again.

South Maui Icon

Another great South Maui golfing experience. Great views so take many pictures for friends and family to see! This course can get busy with average round approaching 4 1/2 hours. Overall course is good shape considering all the play it gets. Greens can get firm and three putts are expected. This course fits all skill levels.

Wailea Emerald Course, truly a gem!

Spent a week in July at Wailea and the weather for golf was perfect. I golfed the Wailea Emerald Course for 5 days straight and enjoyed it each time.

I believe this course is wonderful for women golfers. It’s fairways are generous, rough is easy to get out of and bunkers are minimal. Not too many hazards to ruin the golf game. However, the lava rock (A’a) areas come up once in awhile. It is so beautiful to see the black A’a in contrast with the green fairways but, once your ball sails into it, it may be lost to our Goddess Pele.

The range is perfect for practicing before your round. They also have a putting green to test your putting skills.

Bring your camera for all the photo ops. It is absolutely breathtaking. If you’re not a golfer, take advantage of coming along for the ride. The beverage cart cruises by often enough with food and beverages. Perfect Mai Tais and delicious sandwiches.

19th "Puka" aka Gannons is a wonderful place to have a cocktail and pupus after golf. Occasionally you'll see a wedding on the lanai as it's also noted to be a popular venue for tying the knot.

Pro shop has an awesome variety of golf wear. Especially for ladies (men too) looking to find the newer and more fashionable items. It's a little on the pricey side but where else can you find a cute double seahorse logo embroidered on everything.

Staff is amazing. We have been lucky to get Efran often to help us with our cart and set us up with our tee times. He can also direct you to the shower facilities that you can use after your round to "freshen up". Lockers, towels and toiletries are all complimentary with your green fees.

I've golfed at Wailea's Blue, Gold and Emerald courses. My favorite is the Emerald course by far. It's the perfect little Gem!

Despite rain, extremely enjoyable experience.

Got through two holes before the skies opened up. Went back to the clubhouse to try and wait it out and grab a bite to eat. The staff was extremely accommodating and helpful the entire time, and we managed to get back out on the course within a few minutes of the rain stopping. Spectacular views, particularly on the front 9, and the course was in immaculate shape. although a bit pricey, I'd be perfectly willing to put up the money for this course rather than play another course half the price twice. It's absolutely worth the money if you want to play one of the most amazing courses you will ever play in your lifetime. Even with the heavy rain, the course dried out very quickly. Very impressive facilities and modernized golf carts with GPS inside. Only complaints would be hitting off the mats at the range, and the range balls could use an upgrade. When the only complaint is the range balls though, you know it's an outstanding place. Would recommend to anyone visiting Maui. 10/10

Best in Maui Hands Down

Spectacular setting in probably one of the nicest areas of Maui. Vistas of the mountains and ocean from just about every hole. Only a few blind shots, but the GPS on the cart takes care of that. Not overly difficult and while many of the fairways and greens have slope, everything is pretty straight forward. Landscaping is well done. Facilities are nice. Could use a slight upgrade, but the golf is what we are here for.

Dream day

On this course you have more seaview as on the Gold-Course.
It was a very nice day! We will come back.

Perfect course and day

The course was beautiful with each hole contained in its own perfect scenery using trees and lava rocks etc. The course was easier then kapalua and not nearly as long. I found this course playable I am an 18 handicap and played from the blue tees. It was by far the best course I have ever played and the most beautiful course I have ever played. Still shot in the 90s but never felt like this is impossible. Great course.... Dinner at their restaurant was just as good!

Emerald is a gem!

Another spectacular day in Wailea. The winds were blowing hard. Emerald is equal to Gold, make your pick you will have a great day no matter what. Finishing the day par birdie birdie from the blues to go 43/37 will always make for a great day! Make sure you go to either Gannons or Mulligans for happy hour, especially the latter to watch Ireland play rugby on St Paddy's day!

Very good layout and condition. Greens a bit slow

Except for slowness of greens a great course and good speed of play- 3 1/2 hours.

The Emerald on an almost windless day

The Emerald is a very well conditioned golf course, relative user friendly with wide fairways and not particularly onerous shots to the greens. I didn't say easy, I just said not overly punishing. It's a perfect resort course. The greens however are pretty challenging. You need to be on the correct side of the hole to have a better shot at birdie or par. Overall a great experience for my wife and I and two of our dearest friends.

Course caters to slow play

Teed off on a Saturday afternoon. This course has no idea to pair people up. Twosome after twosome then a single. They want you to pair up after a few holes on the course. Three groups on every hole. We pressed the player assistant button a few times...no one came. The management was dismissive and rude to us. What happened to"while we're young"

A fun course to play. Great views and conditions.

Lucked out and got to play with very little wind. Played from the blue tees. Have many holes with elevation change to factor in. Greens were receptive and true. Hardest part for me was gauging the speed, with or against the grain. Not a tight driving course although there were a couple of holes with blind tee shots. Staff was friendly and driving range was adequate although I would have preferred hitting off grass instead of mates.

Very scenic and a fair golf course to play.

Course rewards good shots and provides enough challenges for a 12 handicapper. A couple of sand traps were a little crusty after a recent rain but I would assume that was not the norm.

Course staff were engaging to golfers and did the usual extra service things.

Golf club rentals were adequate except for the putter. I wish I has taken a better look and asked for a different one . It was pretty beat up.

I would play this course again when back in Maui.

Very interesting course with lots of variety

Course was very playable-as a women I would like to see a tee selection around 5500 yards, but still had great time. The course was in great condition, and the pin placements were challenging but fair. The course offered enough variety that it kept you interested. Views were lovely from the course-hard not to leave there in a good mood!

Wonderful

Perfection. Not a blade of grass out of place. Absolutely gorgeous course. Couldn't have been nicer. Nice pro shop for shopping! I'm looking forward to the Gold course next week.

Minimal trouble in front of greens with few forced carries.

1. I don't appreciate these high end courses not advising before play that their conditions aren't worthy of the fees charged. I may have missed it, but we were not aware that these greens still had fertilizer on them.
2. I also couldn't use my Golf BC membership card as we had paid for our rounds (3 of us) on line with Golfnow and there was no accommodation for us to use our card at time of bookiing. Also, the course wouldn't accept it as we had not paid directly with them but with Golfnow. This may not be your concern but with other memberships, I'm sure it comes up.

This course is in excellent condition.

Course is in pristine condition. The staff is friendly and obviously focus on customer service. The facilities are first rate and the food is very good at reasonable prices.

Wailea, Hawaii