Year Built 1994
Architect Robert Trent Jones, Jr. (1994) Donald Knott (1994) Gary Linn (1994)

Golf School Academy Yes - "Wailea Golf Academy"

Dress code Proper golf attire must be worn at all times

Playing Multiple Courses 7

Very good layout and condition. Greens a bit slow

Except for slowness of greens a great course and good speed of play- 3 1/2 hours.

The Emerald on an almost windless day

The Emerald is a very well conditioned golf course, relative user friendly with wide fairways and not particularly onerous shots to the greens. I didn't say easy, I just said not overly punishing. It's a perfect resort course. The greens however are pretty challenging. You need to be on the correct side of the hole to have a better shot at birdie or par. Overall a great experience for my wife and I and two of our dearest friends.

Course caters to slow play

Teed off on a Saturday afternoon. This course has no idea to pair people up. Twosome after twosome then a single. They want you to pair up after a few holes on the course. Three groups on every hole. We pressed the player assistant button a few times...no one came. The management was dismissive and rude to us. What happened to"while we're young"

A fun course to play. Great views and conditions.

Lucked out and got to play with very little wind. Played from the blue tees. Have many holes with elevation change to factor in. Greens were receptive and true. Hardest part for me was gauging the speed, with or against the grain. Not a tight driving course although there were a couple of holes with blind tee shots. Staff was friendly and driving range was adequate although I would have preferred hitting off grass instead of mates.

Very scenic and a fair golf course to play.

Course rewards good shots and provides enough challenges for a 12 handicapper. A couple of sand traps were a little crusty after a recent rain but I would assume that was not the norm.

Course staff were engaging to golfers and did the usual extra service things.

Golf club rentals were adequate except for the putter. I wish I has taken a better look and asked for a different one . It was pretty beat up.

I would play this course again when back in Maui.

Very interesting course with lots of variety

Course was very playable-as a women I would like to see a tee selection around 5500 yards, but still had great time. The course was in great condition, and the pin placements were challenging but fair. The course offered enough variety that it kept you interested. Views were lovely from the course-hard not to leave there in a good mood!

Wonderful

Perfection. Not a blade of grass out of place. Absolutely gorgeous course. Couldn't have been nicer. Nice pro shop for shopping! I'm looking forward to the Gold course next week.

Minimal trouble in front of greens with few forced carries.

1. I don't appreciate these high end courses not advising before play that their conditions aren't worthy of the fees charged. I may have missed it, but we were not aware that these greens still had fertilizer on them.
2. I also couldn't use my Golf BC membership card as we had paid for our rounds (3 of us) on line with Golfnow and there was no accommodation for us to use our card at time of bookiing. Also, the course wouldn't accept it as we had not paid directly with them but with Golfnow. This may not be your concern but with other memberships, I'm sure it comes up.

This course is in excellent condition.

Course is in pristine condition. The staff is friendly and obviously focus on customer service. The facilities are first rate and the food is very good at reasonable prices.

absolutely beautiful scenic views from every hole

the slow play was caused partially by the couple they threw in at the last minute and golfers that were starting on the 10th hole at the turn. Beautiful facility and lots of fun.

Spectacular Views

If you want to see the ocean and beautiful views of Maui then this is the course for you.

This is the best maintained course I'v ever played. I'v played about 200 courses.

If in Maui don't miss this course.The ocean views are great

Great condition & even better ocean views!

Fairways & greens in excellent condition. Friendly staff. Great Happy Hour food & beverages following our round. Golf.Now discount created great value!

This course has beautiful scenery

While Wialea Gold is the more challenging course, Emerald is the more beautiful. Most holes have views of ocean and/or the uplands of Haleakala. The course has many elevation changes so heed the advice of the cart GPS system. I highly recommend you make time to play this course during your next trip to Maui. Also, enjoyed happy hour food and drink at the course restaurant.

Hawaii golf

Nothing beats golf in paradise. Course was on the ninth day of aerification but was still in pretty good shape. Can't beat the view ans it was still a great challenge. Marshall's did not want to challenge slow play which is my biggest complaint.

All the accolades given this course are deserved. Fun to play...

Friendly,Friendly,Friendly... staff very professional, course well groomed, great yardage markers as well as GPS. Great track for the short to mid distance hitter. Very good value with Golf Now discounts.
Easy to book

Great experience despite areated greens

We got a great price for a quality track through Golf Now. They had aerated the greens a few days earlier so there were some bumps when you putted but the rest of the course was in great shape. Beautiful course.

Scenic course with challenging layout

Wailea Emerald has always been one of my favorite courses on Maui. It features a challenging Robert Trent Jones layout with unmatched scenic views of the ocean. The lush greenery and landscaping is very well maintained as well as the placement of natural lava rock formations that make for easy carries to forgiving fairways. The day we played the course it had been aerated just four day prior, so the putting was not as easy as it normally was in the past. It had also been raining lightly this day, so the ball did not roll as much on the fairways as it normally does here. How ever, with the rain, the course was less crowded so only serious golfers came out making the round's pace very fast - less than 3-1/2 hours!

This course is one of my favorites here. The staff is really friendly and the pro shop is one of the best anywhere. The only thing wrong with the day was that the course was cart path only and the range was closed due to the weather, which is understandable.

An Average Course at Hugely Inflated Price!

I have now played all 3 Wailea courses, and have had the same experience at each. Yes, the course was in good shape, but it was definitely not a "10". The staff in the clubhouse were in a word - rude! I stood at the counter for several minutes while one person answered a couple of phone calls, and the other person never even looked up from her computer! The experience did not improve from that point. The starter ignored me at first, and then rushed me off the first tee ahead of my scheduled tee time. I was supposed to be playing with another single, but he decided to join the 3-some in front of me, which meant I waited on every shot until another single joined up with me on about the sixth hole. The round was comparitively SLOW - about 4 1/2 hours. (I had played Kahili in less than 3 hours 2 days earlier.) Don't pay anything close to full price for this course. There are several other courses on Maui that are in equal condition, for less than 1/2 the price.

Wow!!!

Spectacular views- fairways and greens in pristine condition, well worth the money

Wailea, Hawaii
Paia, Hawaii
Lahaina, Hawaii
Lahaina, Hawaii

Valid dates: Nov 19, 2019 - Feb 29, 2020
NEW Online Stay & Play Promotion running through the end of February.
From $1900