Manchester Country Club

Year Built 1917
Architect Tom Bendelow (1917) Devereux Emmet (1917) A. W. Tillinghast (1935)

Dress code Jeans, tee shirts are NOT permitted on the golf course. Collared shirts, khaki type slacks or Bermuda shorts are required for play.

Fun, classic Layout

This is a fun golf course! Great variety of halls in both length and set up. Conditions were very good. Highly recommend checking this place out if you have not played it and if it’s been a while go back

Been in GA for two years came back

This place is fabulous
Just fabulous
Played a private course day before
It’s better

Great semi private course

MCC might be the best value you’ve ever played .....course is challenging enough and interesting without being tricked-out..... always in terrific shape and well maintained.....some bunkers could use more sand.... staff and players are all friendly .....restaurant has really great food ..... prices for play and food are very reasonable.....our group of retirees plays there regularly and we always have a good time ....

Course in fabulous shape

Played this course countless times over the years and today was by far the greatest shape I’ve seen the course in. Hats off to the Super and his team. The capital improvements they’re been making have paid off. Will strongly consider joining next year. Keep up the good work!

Beautfiul Course

Course was in great shape played on a Wednesday at 930 am to try and beat the Heat course was in Great shape greens looked good and taken care of,, i Great \Course

early round success!

i showed up early after booking a golfnow deal for 8:02am and actually tee'd off around 7:45am! course was in great shape as usual! a little damp and dlow for the first 4-5 holes but was perfect when it dried out! shot the round of my life with a 76 and finished the last 4 holes with bogey's! probably could have shot even due to perfect conditions but got fatigued walking in the heat! fun and accessible layout and great staff everyday! if you haven't played manchester country club you definitely should! some of the best golf in the area!

Expectations Met Once Again

Course in very good condition after a tough New England spring.. Greens rolling smooth and true with moderate pace. Topped off with great weather conditions.

Great Public Course

Have lived next to this beautiful golf course for 21 years, but have only been a full member over the past 6 years. The senior family membership was affordable for us and we loved the course. When we vacation, we find places that either have a golf course on site or golf courses nearby. We always are amazed how much we appreciate our home course after playing many of these highly rated away courses. Manchester is not an easy course and for women it can seem long. It defies the norm in that the ninth hole is far away from the club house, although there is a great little place there to catch good food and drink for the trek in. The Waterview Cafe back at the clubhouse is exceptional in its offerings and excellence. Great sea food offerings as well as traditional pub fare. Waitstaff is excellent. Cons are few,. Weekends in the pm can be slow, although they are trying to pick up pace. I love this course. Play it often and never tire of the challenge it offers. ALB

Good course but.....

I've played this course for 10 years and it a good course but, it does have a few issues. The course layout is funky with back-to-back par 5's on both nines. Then there's the issue when playing only 9 holes that leave you out in the boonies with a long walk or ride to the clubhouse.

I also found a few policies upsetting. One petty gripe of mine (that happened a few times) was being not being able to start playing when the 1st fairway was clear or the group in front of us was on the green or were teeing off from #2. We were given some lame excuse why we couldn't tee off. And we were hitting from the whites and couldn't hit the green anyway. Come on guys.

Another gripe is MCC's inflexibility regarding discount golfing program restrictions, which MCC dictates. For example, my golf partner was subbing in the men's league and wanted to use his golfing program certificate. He was told he couldn't because the program (MCC's restriction actually) required an 11 am or later tee time. There's was 1030. So for 30 minutes they made him pay full price. He told me he would never play there again.

A great old world course!

Considering recent weather, the course is in outstanding shape - the "good" rating is a reflection of that, not the commendable efforts of grounds crew (the best in the state).

Love this track

Course always well kept, Staff are the best, Other then 9th hole being 5 miles away (exaggeration) from the clubhouse I love this track.
I golf at other courses all the time and enjoy the diversity but I always coming back to this course.
Food is always good to great and I never wait long for a cold beer.

Central Connecticut Favorite

I was a member here several years back and return to play when I am back in Connecticut. The course is always well kept and managed. Never felt the need to roll a ball in the fairway. Layout is great in my opinion. A lot of great scoring opportunities on Par 5's and a few short Par 4's but also some real challenging Par 4's that make you think. With the Manchester Open and all of the league play, this place has shown that it can be a great test for Professionals and single digit handicaps while also being very playable for recreation play based on respective tee boxes. Restaurant staff was always friendly and very accommodating. The only two downsides I've noticed are pace of play and tee time availability on Club event or League days which is to be expected at nearly any course. The second is the driving range being located in the middle of the course and having to drive your cart out to it but given the lay of the land I'm not sure that there alternatives to change that. Nonetheless, I highly recommend visiting. Side note, growing up in competitive golf, I have met many highly ranked juniors, collegiate players and professionals who have specifically chosen Manchester Country Club as their choice of home course. because of the great conditions and layout.

Excellent Golf Course

Always enjoy MCC, we have had a wet spring and the course played great, excellent job by the staff at this facility.
The greens crew certainly works hard to deliver excellent results,

Home Course

I have been playing this course since 1995 when I moved to CT. It gets better and better each year. There are some areas whereby dirt and/or rock can be brought in around some of the cart paths. Additionally some fill needs to be spread under some pine trees to cover the roots. All in all a wonderful course with great staff.

Course was in great shape for this time of year especially considering how much rain we have had. The greens were recently punched but that was announced well in advance before I booked the round.

Glastonbury, Connecticut
Hartford, Connecticut
Hartford, Connecticut
Ellington, Connecticut

Valid dates: Oct 10, 2019 - Oct 31, 2019
Golf Package Special for October starts at $199.00 for 1 or 2 golfers, Monday to Thursday. Golf included for each nights stay. Call 520-577-4092 to add additional golfers to the package.
Featured Content