Slope N/A
Rating N/A

Indian Springs Golf Club in Middlefield has been owned and operated by the same family since it first opened in 1964. With a terrain of rolling, tree-covered hills, the course is as scenic as it is fun to play. The nine-hole layout is player friendly enough to appeal to players of all skill levels and there is an alternate set of tees to play an 18-hole round. Though many of the fairways are wide and forgiving, there are a few tricky blind shots that will test your accuracy. The par-5 second hole is one of the most memorable. It leads you uphill before plummeting downhill to a green protected by three sand traps. Indian Springs Golf Club's second par 5, the tree-lined fifth hole, is also notably tricky. The fairway edges along mature forests, leading to a sharp dogleg right downhill to the green, which is surrounded by trees.

Indian Springs Golf Club

Year Built 1964
Architect Al Zikorus (1964)

9-Hole Rounds 22

Good Condition, Good Value

Course was in good condition for this time of year.

Slow play

This is the second time coming from Shelton to play this course. It took 2 hours 40 minutes to play 9 holes VERY SLOW. Unacceptable!

Commented on 10/16/2020

Hi, thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the delay of play during your round. Please know that this is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Indian Springs Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Always enjoy

Tough year with the summer drought. Can’t wait for the rain on the fairways

Excellent!

Course was in excellent condition, tee boxes were decent, greens were excellent. Pace of play was very fast. No wait. Great price.

Short but a test

Played a quick 9 with my uncle and was pleasantly surprised. The greens had just been punched and the course was a bit dry but you could tell when in prime condition it’s a fun track. There are absolutely no flat greens on this course so I hope you can read greens and speeds well. Both par 5s are short but not for the faint of heart. The par 5 2nd has a huge shelf that filters all balls into the woods. I absolutely crushed my drive but because it was so dry the ball rolled all the way down to OB. I was told by the locals that on normal days that was a perfect drive. The 2nd par 5 asks the golfer to drive the ball around a tree and then play a procession shot down a “cliff.” I enjoyed the course for what it is and for a quick 9 it’s perfect.

First time

Course was well maintained. Only thing I didn't understand was they were irrigating the greens while we were playing? Maybe they'res a reason that couldn't be done before opening or after hours? Idk. Other than that nice place

Course review

Overall we liked the course, however, it wasn’t good timing with aerated greens that we know needs to be dine.

Commented on 09/18/2020

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Indian Springs Golf Club. We hope to see you again in the future.

Finessed our money

We paid for 18 on saturday, after playing 9 stuck behind the slowest playing golfers of our life we decided we didn’t want to circle back and play 9 again that day behind walking groups, we asked if we could get our money back and they told us we can just come back and play 9 another day. We booked for the next day (and rightfully assumed it was not going to cost us anything) When we arrived the same lady who
told us we could come play our other 9 the day before, now tells us 9 is more expensive then 18 and we we have to pay... what??? So we could have played our other 9 for free saturday but have to pay after being told to come play it whenever? Will never play here again strictly for that reason. Course is also not great, can be very hard to play, won’t miss it.

Commented on 09/14/2020

Hello and thank you for reviewing the course. We apologize for the delay of play during your round. Please know that this is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. With an uncharacteristically full day, we work hard to accommodate everyone who visits our course and allow our guests the chance to complete their rounds. We would also like to apologize for any miscommunication you experienced with us regarding your round. Please be advised that we are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game. For further resolution in this matter, please feel free to reach out to our team in the pro shop. Thank you for playing Indian Springs Golf Club. We hope to hear back from you soon!

Commented on 09/10/2020

Hi, we appreciate the review. We see that you rated us 3-stars which means there is room to improve on your recent experience at Indian Springs Golf Club. Please let us know, in the comments, how and where you would like to see changes from the course. Thanks for the feedback!

Connecticut Advisor

Both Rigor and Thrills

Varied comments on Indian Springs:

A) Solid Al Zikorus layout will challenge you from tee to green, and especially around the greens. They were slick today—as always—and downhill putts seemed, on a couple of occasions, to roll on and on. It’s comparable in difficulty to another Zikorus-designed toughie, Stonybrook GC of Litchfield.

B) I enjoyed playing this tough 9-holer once again. Still, the very quirky second, a par-five, left my ball running out of control over its fairway under these still-dry conditions, and it’s tricky under any conditions. My drive ended up in the far left rough even though I hit it straight up the middle. A few of the fairways have suffered a bit from the hot stretch throughout most of August, but it’s also clear they’ve all been watered.

C) Conditioning is good—better than most—but right now falls below what is the typical Indian Springs standard: excellent. It should bounce back before long with more rain added to what we’ve had recently. Pace was on the slow side: 2: 15 for nine.

D) The two best holes on the course, arguably, are seven and eight. Tee-to-green, the most difficult hole may be five, where three precise shots (favor the far left side of the fairway—or even the rough—on your tee shot) are required for a GIR. I’m still not a fan of the third, though it’s growing on me. Nine is one of the neatest drive-and-pitch holes in Connecticut; it’s the perfect finisher.

E) Plenty of elevation changes—sometimes steep ones—make this track interesting. And for low handicappers, there’s nothing automatic about breaking 40. You’ll have to earn pars, one grinding shot after another, and this despite only modest length.

F) Aesthetics are first-class; the holes are beautiful with some open and inviting, even a touch links-like, others winding through or around the forestland.

Meriden, Connecticut
Portland, Connecticut
Southington, Connecticut
4.1927411765

Valid dates: Jan 21, 2020 - Jan 31, 2022
Stay at Solitude Inn on the Green and play one of the best course in SE Michigan, Solitude Links Golf Course. Learn more.