Peacock Gap Golf Club

Peacock Gap Golf Club
White/Red (W) 71 5126 yards 71.6 125
White/Red 71 5126 yards 66.8 119
Scorecard for Peacock Gap
Black M: 70.4/126 409 411 175 505 385 176 297 475 352 3185 133 435 546 197 487 359 155 329 435 3076 6261
Blue M: 69.7/124 404 393 170 501 381 171 287 472 348 3127 131 386 530 190 484 356 148 320 429 2974 6101
White M: 68.1/122 W: 71.8/127 376 382 155 488 360 148 276 462 335 2982 122 378 515 173 464 323 129 300 406 2810 5792
White/Red M: 67.6/120 W: 70.1/122 337 270 121 403 360 113 276 462 295 2637 122 317 420 132 395 323 129 300 351 2489 5126
Red M: 65.2/118 W: 68.5/117 337 270 121 403 306 113 213 394 295 2452 103 317 420 132 395 289 121 248 351 2376 4828

Year Built 1960
Greens Rye Grass
Architect William F. Bell (1960) Forrest Richardson (2008)

Carts Yes - $11 - $15

Good Marin County 18 hole course

The course is mostly flat but has quite a few holes that have a left turn on the fairway which can make it a little harder if you are a person who has trouble with slicing. Great way to spend a day walking a course when the weather is a perfect fall day.

Peacock gap looking better

I have played this course many times over the years and have found it over priced and not in great condition. However I played today western jas been warm and sunny for weeks now but some of the fairways were very wet and they had sanded the greens. Not something that was disclosed when I checked in. The layout s good with some tight holes. And in general the course and greens were I. Good condition but the sand on them made putting difficult . I will go back again soon and see how it compares

Fun little track in San Rafael

This course was super fun and a course that actually forces you to make decisions - lay up or crush it? Left or right? Etc l...instead of 15 holes of straightforward stuff at different lengths with cool views.

I played on a Saturday evening and the pace was pretty decent — 4hrs 28mins.

Put more time in between adults and kids

I played here on Monday afternoon with a buddy and the 1st 9 holes were a nightmare. They had about 6 foursomes of kids around 9-10 years old with one baby sitter in a cart and the kids were all walking. I’m all for kids playing the game, but they should have been with more adults and carts, or at least start the next group after the block of kids far enough behind the group so we don’t have to endure the extremely slow pace of play. I mean kids were laying on the greens at times and the fairways. Give me a break!

d3c077cb-d618-5282-a1aa-7abf2b522511
PeacockGapManagement
Commented On 06/28/2018

Hi Kevin ~ We are sorry that the kids created a bad experience for you. Your feedback is well taken and we will look at widening the gap between our regular play and the kids camp. We are holding our summer Nike Junior camps to grow the game but we certainly don't want to inconvenience our valued players such as yourself. Thanks and hope to see you out here again soon!

Dumpster Fire

If you like standing water in sand traps, workers mowing the green while you putt, 6 hour rounds, confused staff, slow greens, and inconsistent fairways - this is your course!

d3c077cb-d618-5282-a1aa-7abf2b522511
PeacockGapManagement
Commented On 06/26/2018

We are very sorry to hear that you had a bad experience here at Peacock Gap GC. We certainly do our best to make sure the rounds stay under 4 1/2 hours and most days they are at 4 hours. We are going through a bunker renovation project that is about 60% completed so if there were bunkers with standing water in them, they were ones that have not yet been completed. For this we certainly apologize. During these hot summer months we do our best to keep the fairway turf as healthy as possible within the irrigation constraints we are under. Our greens roll at an average or 9" on the stimp meter so while this can seem slow to some advanced players like yourself, it is a fairly average speed for a public golf course. Your feedback is pretty strong but we hope you will come give us another try. Thanks!

BEST COURSE OF MY YEAR

First time I made my way out to Peacock and I must say it was my favorite course of all year. I will be back for sure. Range is nice of the grass, golf carts are nice with the built in gps and makes it easy to order food or drinks. The course it's self was well maintained and a little challenging. You have to try it if you haven't already

Slow Play

This was one of the worst days a of golf I’ve ever had at this course. They had a tournament earlier and then booked too many tee times. It took 5.5 hours to play. Unacceptable!

Peacock Gap Review

The ciourse was in pretty good shape, except for some of the sand traps, most of which did not have deep enough sand or were gritty and/or crusty. The greens were aerated and sanded a few weeks ago, so are now pretty smooth if a ittle slow. I assume that some of the rough with exceptionally long grass next to the fairway will be mowed when the ground dries out a bit more.

Maintenance lacking

One of my favorite courses in the area. However, maintenance was not evident. Fairways were not mowed on most of the holes, and the rough was like the U.S Open. With that said, the greens were in great shape. Most sand traps were unplayable. Will be back though.

Wow... not what I remembered

Played this course a lot in the 80’s, 90’s up to around 2000.... this is the worst shape I’ve seen it ...Disappointed

Rain has the course looking good, but

The grass in general is too long. The fairways are pretty tall at the moment. I imagine that the recent rain has had it growing like crazy.

Also the tough out of bounds is very difficult to find balls in. Hopefully things shape up a little bit.

Overall Good Experience

Driving range is grass, huge perk! Clubhouse is very nice as well. The course itself is okay, it had rained the day before and this course does not drain particularly well. Pace of play was great though there are some challenging holes. Biggest complaint - They have white flowers everywhere that make it impossible to find balls. You can sometimes hit it straight and it will take awhile to find your ball. Definitely need to get the mower out.

Good course but often a bad value

I really do like Peacock. It's just not a very good value. 84 bucks with cart during prime time is really quite expensive. Do they throw in a warmup bucket? Nope.

It's been raining a lot, so I know the weather and conditions are out their control. However, when we paid on the Sunday, two thirds of the bunkers were ponds/pools. I've never seen anything like it. We're talking about 2 feet of standing water. Hit the ball in the middle and it wasn't reachable by rake or club to get it out.

This is the type of thing that aggravates me about this course. I pay almost 100 bucks to play and no one can be bothered to get up early with some sump pumps. They didn't even warn us at the pro shop.

You guys owe me a sleeve of balls.

Madison with the drink cart and the older Marshal are the most outgoing employees there and I appreciate them.

Would it kill the pro shop to give you a couple tees or 10 warmup balls for 84 bucks?

Tee time

I do,my know why they propose. Delay start.

12:45 not original 12:09?

Great conditions

The course is in great shape and the weather was perfect.

San Rafael, California