Connecticut National Golf Club

Year Built 1994
Architect Mark Mungeam (2007)

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover welcomed
Dress code No jeans, collared shirts required.

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Connecticut (2018 #2)
  • Golf Advisor: Top Courses in New England (2017 #20)

I'll be coming back

Fun to play here!
Good combination of bunkers, slopes, long and short fair ways, water hazards & good mix of different course layout...
Hope they stay open deeper into winter!

Love it

Always love playing this course. Beautiful views and great layout . Definitely worth the money.

Beautiful Golf Course

Beautiful course great vistas. Bunkers were in bad shape due to heavy rains. The rest of the course was great, greens very fast but true. Usual Fall issues with leaves making finding/putting golf balls difficult. Even with the issues the course was extremely interesting and plays long due to many uphill holes. Would play again in a minute.

Great course, but the greens were so fast and hard , almost unfair

First Visit

I'd heard about this course from others that have played there and also written the reviews. Everything I read and heard lived up to be true. Certainly enjoyed the course set in rural CT. Especially scenic with the leaves changing. Pace of play was very good for the seven holes, but slowed once we caught up with a few groups with older players. Diffenitely will play again when I visit CT again next year.

Perfect Golf Day @ CT National

Book a "hot deal" few days in advance. Save a few bucks off the regular green fees. Booking/payment online/checking-in all went seamless.
Our actual tee time was only about 4 minutes off our booking. Played slowed down on the back nine, and our total round ended up being about 4.5 hrs. So, not a quick round. But the course was in great shape and the weather was perfect. Definitely need sunglasses & a buddies eye to watch your ball as several holes tee off directly into the late afternoon sunsets. Overall we had a great time. The convenience fee for online booking,...just a smidgen higher than other online bookings I've had.

Excellent

Course is in great shape, greens were incredible, very fast, rolled true. Can’t safe enough good things about this course.

Great course in fine shape, fast greens.

Excellent weather, course is in fine shape, tee to very fast greens. I asked the pro shop for a reading on the greens and expecting there was a tournament over the weekend. No tournament, running at 11 or over, this is a normal setup, I find it hard to believe as the flags were in very tight spots. Overall I enjoyed the course very much and welcomed the challenge, if there is one thing I would ding them on is pace of play. It was slow with no ranger in sight, our round was close to 5hrs.

A+

Course is amazing as always...greens are perfect but tough. The entire round was great except for the one young grounds crew kid that wouldn't shut up and kept yelling to his buddy while using a blower....I could hear him 3 holes over...other than that it was awesome

Stay below the hole!

Very nice course. First time played. We liked it a lot, but did not love it, cant tell you why. Greens fast but fair. Would play it again anytime. Payed $46 (still a good deal) from Golf Now, but if you pay the Golfing Magazine $49 gig, it's $25! friendly staff. Can't go wrong playing here. Played with the drummer of "The Love Dogs". Steve. Check em out. He broke balls with the best of them. I had 4 birdies and still managed to shoot an 84.

Disappointing Day

We drove over an hour to play this course on a friend’s recommendation. We made the prepaid reservation on Golfnow and thought we were getting a good deal. When we checked in we learned that the greens were recently aerated and we could have gotten the same reduced rate (without paying the “convenience fee”) if we had booked directly on the course website. The layout is fine, but the course conditions were rough. The bunkers were not raked and it appears water had recently pooled in some. The fairways had numerous bare spots and areas that looked like they could have been marked ground under repair. The course was built in 1994, when golf was on the upswing. Now it appears they don’t generate enough revenue to maintain it in good condition. I would have expected to pay less than $50 for a round on a similar course.

Aeration of greens

Terrible experience !!!
Booked online and the Golfnow website did not give an aeration alert. When we entered the Pro Shop the Pro alerted us that the greens were recently aerated and that the greens were covered with sand... To say the least it was very disappointing due to the fact that I specifically checked to make certain that there was not an aeration alert. Also we drove approximately an hour to get to the course. When I checked in, I asked the Pro why they had not notified Golfnow about The aeration. He told that they had...
Last Time I will book with Golfnow. Not worth the aggregation...

What a difference!!!

I’ll start by saying this is one of my favorite courses anyway. BUT, this past Sunday we played a public shotgun at 7:30am. The course did not overbook the round because they had a member/guest taking place that day. So pace of play was awesome. Due to the tournament, the greens were like lightning!!!! It was AWESOME!!!!!! Why don’t you keep them like this more often. I usually find them slow. This particular weekend was the MOST FUN I have ever had on this course. I understand fast greens are not for everyone but ,in my opinion, this course is one of the best values around anyway, and with the greens sped up, it becomes one of the more challenging courses as well. Hopefully anyone else who experienced your course this way feels the same and makes the request too. Looking forward to coming back!!!!

Challenging

the greens were fast. The fairways had elevation with sand and water on most holes. The layout is awesome and beautiful just don’t think you are getting. A personal best score here. Enjoy the round and recommend a friend for a great course.

Hidden Gem

This course is truly a hidden gem. Always great conditions and they are at their best right now. The course is a good mix of challenging holes and holes where you can score. The greens are pure and are rolling faster than I’ve ever seen them in my many rounds there.

Highly recommend it this course, it’s worth the drive!

Could be really great with some improvement in conditions

You can see the potential. Plays a lot shorter than the 7,000 on the card from the black tee with the changes in elevation. A fair price for a fair place but wouldn’t go too far out of the way to play.

Thompson, Connecticut