2.6
2.2
2.4

Year Built 1973
Fairways Blue Grass
Architect Geoffrey Cornish (1973) Bill Robinson (1973)

Credit Cards Accepted VISA, MasterCard Accepted

2.6

9-Hole Rounds 6

Terrible Course

I decided to play Rolling Greens despite the poor reviews because they offer twilight for $20. The "tee boxes" were as long as the rough. The course is not maintained. There are no green side bunkers, just grass where they clearly used to be. There is no rough or fairway, it's all the same length. The layout is squeezed in between condos where there wasn't enough room. After I finished the terrible 9 course there was still an hour until sunset and I figured I could get my monies worth since I paid for "twilight" and get a few more holes in. The staff raced over to me and treated me as if I stole something when I was tried to continue to play. I apologized and told them that Twilight generally means that you can play until sunset and the women looked at me like I was crazy and continued to yell. Rude staff, terribly maintained, terrible layout. I will not be returning

Terrible course

I decided to play Rolling Greens despite the poor reviews because they offer twilight after 5pm for $20. The “tee boxes” were as long as the rough. To say the course is poorly maintained would understatement. There are no green side bunkers, just grass where they clearly used to be. There is no rough or fairway, it’s all the same length. The layout is squeezed inbetween condos where there wasn’t enough room. After I finished the terrible 9 hole course there was still an hour until sunset and I figured I could get my monies worth since I paid for “twilight” and get a few more holes in. The staff raced over, yelled at me and treated me as if I stole something when I was tried to continue to play. I apologized and told them that “twilight” generally means that you can play until sunset. The women looked at me like I was crazy and continued to yell. Rude staff, terribly maintained, terrible layout. I will not be returning.

Great Course, friendly staff

I had a great time playing this course with my son. They could do a better job keeping up with some of it, but at the end of the day the layout is great and you'll have a good time. The staff is always so friendly and the prices are very reasonable. I especially like that you don't have to make a tee time, you can just walk in and they'll send you out. If you call ahead they'll let you know how busy it is so you can plan out what time to go at. Make sure you ask for military/senior discount too!

Our Go-To Course

First, let me say that I've been playing Century Hills (now Rolling Greens) regularly for decades. For those who don't know, it was designed by Geoffrey Cornish, a nationally known architect who's done a lot of work on Cape Cod and elsewhere. The routing is magnificent and it's a real challenge given tight fairways, ponds, trees and a number of elevated greens. Sadly, due to lack of funding, they filled in all but a handful of bunkers years ago so they play as grass "depressions." The small maintenance staff does what it can with limited resources, but there's sometimes no definition between fairways and rough and the tees are universally horrible -- not only divots everywhere, but cut VERY high (If at all. When's the last time you teed up a driver and the ball was below the top of the driver? It's like teeing up in the rough.) and many are crowned so there's no level lies. Greens, surprisingly, are always in decent shape despite the lack of care. I play here at least once a week and dream about years past when it was in good shape. Too bad, because if it was manicured with bunkers restored I believe people would flock to it -- but then, I wouldn't have the course to myself, as I often do. I recommend this course, reluctantly, to die-hards who can appreciate what it could be with some attention.

Too expensive for the poor course conditions

I live very close by to this course and I'll play nine there, once, maybe twice a year. The layout is good, especially from the tips. However, the course is in really bad shape. I can deal with the fairways full of clover patches and brown spots b/c we've had such a dry summer. What is unacceptable are the tee-boxes. There is NO hope trying to find a somewhat level lie, they are poorly mowed, and you can forget the divots being filled-in. For $15 - $20 for nine holes, that's reasonable. They charge $28 during the week! Again, I really like the layout, but you can find a MUCH better course for the price. The bar and outdoor patio have been a nice addition.

A Nice Course.

A good niner that will continually excite you... Holes number 2, 5 & 6 will test your inner golfer instinct to "go long or go home". Sometimes it pays, sometimes... you wish you were not that aggressive.

Too expensive

This course is way overpriced for a nine hole course. The condition is poor and the pace of play is slow.

Value deal that meets expectations.

Friendly pro-shop staff and reasonably good playing conditions. The cart path is a bit rough, but that's my only knock.

Good course for a quick nine

Fairways are well kept. Greens are somewhat hard
and are crowned. Tee boxes are worn though.
But Interesting holes design.

Nice 9 hole course

First time I played this course and I was pleased with the course and staff. The course offered some challenge but seemed fair for the average golfer. I would recommend this course to anyone looking for a nice nine hole round.

Worst run course in CT

Showed up for my 10:34 tee time at 10am and when I walked into the pro shop I was told that the course was closed to the public because there was a tournament being played. I explained that I had booked a tee time the day before, to which the gentleman told me "Sorry, but there's nothing I can do." This course is a dump anyways but it's close and for my first time out on the season I didn't really care, just wanted to swing the club. I won't make the mistake again, and won't return here. I wouldn't recommend anyone booking a tee time at this place. Ever.

Rolling Greens Review

Early in the season so conditions ok. Course is good for a quick 9 as long as pace of play moves along.

GOOD ROUND

FOR BEING THIS EARLY IN THE YEAR I WAS SURPRISED THAT THE COURSE WAS FIRM.HOLE 7 WAS MOIST IN THE FAIRWAY.GREENS WERE AIRATTED BUT PUTTABLE.DIDNT HIT TO ANY TRAPS
WHICH WAS STRANGE.THIS COURSE IS A VERY GOOD TEST FOR WHERE YOUR GAME IS,YOU HAVE TO THINK AHEAD OR BE DEAD.PLAY THIS COURSE 4-6 TIMES A YEAR WILL BE BACK

for the price it was ok

never knew how far we really were when hitting off the tee box, the blue and white markers weren't out so we were clueless where to hit. Not a lot of markers in the fairway but for the price it was ok..the staff was wicked nice and warned me about 2 dangerous holes

Great course, solid value...definitely recommended!

This is the first time I've played this course, and I was pleasantly surprised. Some challenging holes and a fun layout. My only complaint is that I was able to reserve a 7:30 tee time online, but they didn't actually open until 8. While waiting for 20 minutes for no reason was not ideal, I was still the first one on the course and able to finish a quick practice round.

Cromwell, Connecticut