Pequot Golf Club

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, AMEX, Discover, Mastercard welcomed

Bar, Restaurant

Clubhouse, Banquet Facilities

Pace of play

We were a 2some behind a couple of 2somes and the pace of play on the front 9 was terrific if fact the 2 some ahead of us were 2 holes ahead when we got to back 9 I noticed they were just on 10 tee now and it keep getting worse , come to find out the other 2 some before then did only 9 and the starter or whoever placed a 4 some on the 10th tee 1 walking the other 3 each in there own cart and they were riding all over in the carts. Kept redoing shots ect, so as it took only 1:15 to do front 9 it took over 3 hours to do back very poor des ion by lunch

Owner/Staff

The staff are very friendly and helpful. The member tournaments on Sundays are great as well as the one on Monday's. They also have other leagues which is great if 2 of these days you can't make. The players here are nice and have been coming here for years as I have as well. The golf & food are priced just right. Come out and join a league and you'll be hooked. Not a long course, some tight fairways and the greens are always well cared for.
I didn't just play on 8/7/2016, I played just about every Sunday in the Men's league.

Friendly, relaxed environment.

We really enjoyed our experience at Peqout Golf Club. The drought conditions has taken it's toll on the fairways but grounds crew has done an excellent job with the greens. Congratulations with that. The staff as well as our fellow golfers were friendly and accommodating. We would play here again.

Course is in rough shape

I've played Pequot a number of times over the years, but this is my first review of the course. I have always thought it was a decent little track. Unfortunately, the conditions have trended downward over time and with the recent lack of rain, the fairways and rough are in terrible condition....really terrible condition. The grass, what's left of it, is almost completely brown and there are large areas where there is no grass and a bunch of rocks that have made their way to the surface. Fortunately, they have taken pretty good care of the greens for the most part. Based on my most recent experience, I'm having a hard time recommending anyone play here...however, I know what this course could be if the staff worked a little harder to improve playing conditions....so I'm going to give it a thumbs up anyway. But, they really need to step up their game if they want people to come back. It has the potential to be a very enjoyable course.

Course is looking good

I have played Pequot Golf Course multiple times over several years and I am very pleased with the various improvements that have been done at the course. The tee boxes and greens are in excellent condition. Bravo, keep up the good work. I believe that roping off the areas in front and around the greens has been key to the lush conditions on and around the greens. The fairways are in good condition despite the lack of rain in the area. I love the fact that they have added irrigation systems to the 6th and 7th holes. The grounds crew should be commended for their excellent work.

Several years ago Pequot was a course that was basically a cow pasture, but not anymore. There is clearly a new pride in how the course looks and this has added to the enjoyment of play at the course. Pequot is a short course that is easy to walk or ride. I love to play early in the morning because the course in not crowded and the pace of play is excellent. When I play by myself I can easily complete 18 holes in 2 1/2 hours.

Great weather

Perfect weather day. Course was in OK shape. Tees and fairways were beat up. Started on back at Pro shop request and then first tee was backed up when we made the turn. When we asked the response was they are members. I didn't realize that made a difference

Great course to work on irons

I recently played a few times early (7am) and for only 10-15 dollars w/cart. You can't beat the deals on golf now. I probably wouldn't pay full price to play there with many other courses to choose from. If you haven't played there in a while they have made some improvements to the course and it's in much better shape then I remembered. Many of the par 4s are short enough you could get to the green with two iron shots. I enjoy playing this course!

Great weather, good course

Picture perfect day and course was in great condition.. we unfortunately got stuck behind a local walking 3 some - on the back 9 of life, who wouldn't let us play through. So it made for a longer day than normal. Also, the bunkers were not very good..

We will play here again.

could use fairway irrigation

This is a nice little course with some interesting holes, elevation changes and a few tight ones through the woods. Greens in good if slow shape. Biggest problem is the fairways, if it hasn't rained lately -- they can get hard and bare.

played each shot without waiting

pro shop was excellent we showed up late because of traffic in the area and they got us right out without a problem. fiendly and professional people

A hidden gem

Greens were out standing and we enjoyed the different contours. Pace of play was perfect. We throughly enjoyed our outing!

Pequot

Good course, pretty easy to score, particularly on the front nine. Greens are beautiful, fairways very good as well. played for only $15 18 holes with a cart. great deal

Great local value

Course was in great shape. Very few rough spots on the greens.Caught the tail end of a tournament but got out on time. 4 hr round.

Pequot golf club

I enjoyed the course . It was my second round of golf in 28 yrs. i found it to be pretty open and even though it was a tough course for a rookie like me i feel an avid golfer would still find it a challenge. I did not try the grill so i cant rate that but the staff was friendly and courteous. Thanks pequot for the great day

Pleasantly Surprised

After reading reviews about slow greens I was pleasantly surprised to find them pretty fast for a public course. Course layout was fun with doglegs and some blind shots. Fairways are reasonably wide. Only slight negative is that course is on the short side but that did make it easier to score.

roasted fairways

The fairways were burnt out on the front and a couple on the back. Greens were very good but just a littte slow . The course looks more like a pasture then a golf course .

Playing Pequot

Had foursome on beautiful day had 18holes with cart for $26. first time at course nice layout but some fairways were burnt out, greens for most part in good condition

Nice course, good value.

I have played Pequot many times and always enjoy it. It is a short course (5,900 yds) and is great for working on your game. Every hole is different with challenges at every tee box. The staff has always been friendly and helpful. The greens are not fast, the rough not too long which keeps the pace of play moving along. Don't expect a country club experience and you will enjoy your round.

Long hitter short course

I have been playing here for years. The course is not in great shape. Fairways are bad, greens are GREAT! This course will challenge your club selection off the tee. Greens are on the smaller side. Lots of dog legs which can really show down play. I have played alot of golf at a lot of places and hands down Pequot has the friendliest staff. They make you feel welcome every time. That really helps.

Not worth the money

Well the first 9 were closed and we weren't told until we were about to pay. The staff member told us we could play the back 9 twice if we wanted. It would've saved us $5 to only play 9. So we of course did their version of 18. The course was ok except for them patches of dirt and rocks where sometimes the ball would land. If it wasn't a rocky dirt patch there was goose droppings. The grill they serve food at reminded me of the one on the block island ferry. Overpriced hot dogs. I think I would pay $20 to play here but not much more.

Stonington, Connecticut