Twin Lakes Village Golf Course

Carts: Yes - included in green fee

Practice bunker: Yes

Dress code: Proper golf attire required.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex Welcomed

"Mixed Emotions"

DirtyBoots's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/25/2017

Let me start by saying that as a single golfer never have I felt more alienated than at this course. I was first out and the start of my round was great. Nice practice facility but is off the beaten path. I had to take a cart to get there. I teed off at 645am and enjoyed the front nine. I came up no. 9 to find a gaggle of old timers yakking it up behind the green. As I made my way up to the green I saw a ball on the fairway and I went to look at it. Not mine so I left it. Anyway, some old timer couldn't see his ball so these guys all start saying I picked it up. Haha I just laughed it off and said to myself they'll find his brutal tee shot soon enough. As I made my way to the tenth tee a nice lady was putting so I asked her if I was going the right way, indeed I was. A complaint would be that there are no signs to tell you where to go, or maybe I didn't see them. The back nine presents some challenges due to tight fairways. I have to say there were some putts that were "unmakeable" due to the pin locations. My confusion and round blew up on the last six holes where on the 13th green you have to walk approx 300 yds to no.14 tee box. The grounds crew were raking bunkers and cutting fairways and I thought they would step aside to let me hit. Alas, no. I hit and it was bad. Ok, no biggie, shake it off. I'm 60 yds out and this guy is driving his machine through the green side bunkers, ok let's wait. Nope he's not stopping for me. I hit, and it was bad. I pick it up and move on starting to get flustered. He says to me as he pulls his headphones out... " oh sorry I didn't notice you there" ok give him the benefit of the doubt, move on. On to the next hole... what a beauty nice par 3 with lake in front, about 160 yds. There's a guy raking a bunker and he's working hard to get out of the way for me so I wait but that's not the big deal. There's a lady who supposed to be playing tennis with her country club buddies but instead she's standing at the lake in front of my tee box feeding the ducks and I'm starting to think to myself I'm in the twilight zone!!! Like is this a park or a golf course, i stand there and stare right at her kind of trying to give the hint to "get out of the way!!" but nope. So I hit, and it was bad, like really bad. I just storm off and pick up my ball and go to the next hole... ok three holes left, time to hit the reset button.

Nope not gonna happen. For some reason which is beyond me the grounds crew mowing the grass must not be scared or they're told to keep cutting while paying customers are wanting to hit (no hard hats so that's probably not the case), or they plain old don't see me because what I went through on the last six holes at this golf course has never once happened to me in the 28 yrs that I've been playing golf. I would suggest that they could move aside and wait for the shot then continue, anyhow rant over. It was a nice place and I might consider playing later in the day to avoid the grounds crew.

"Awesome course"

Jason9394899's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/19/2015

Fast greens, and a great view it challenges, and calms. all in all I had a great time and will be back.

Quality of food & beverage: Excellent

"Beautiful Course"

u000002094806's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/04/2014
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

The course was in excellent condition. The staff were very friendly and the weather was perfect.

"Well maintained course"

krschindler's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/15/2014

If you play golf in this area this is a must play the fairways are tight and challenging,

Quality of food & beverage: Excellent

"great course"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/12/2014
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

This was the first time I played this course and it was in great shape, I enjoyed playing it and would definitely play it again

"Beautiful course among residential homes"

diane509's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/21/2014
First time playing Played with a group Walked Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

Most of the course has straight fairways except a few dog legs. Nothing extremely challenging (that being said from someone with a 40 handicap!)<br/> Back 9 a little noisy with the highway. No goose droppings on the course to be seen! Loved the trout pond on 16. Only complaint was calling in for food on the 9th and arriving to find out the order was forgotten, but she made up for it with 2 free beers. We would have finished in just under 4 hrs otherwise.

Quality of food & beverage: Average

"Nice round"

Dozzie's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/09/2014

Nice course winding through a residential area. Only downfall was the 3 old geezers behind us who hit into us a few times. Round was at a good pace we were waiting on the group in front a bit. Met a few local residents who were very friendly. We will come back.

"Marlys' birthday"

stevebusch's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/08/2014

The course was in great shape for early in the season! The greens were especially good. The staff was super and friendly. A great start to our season.

"great"

knightjrk's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/12/2013

played this course every year we come up - always great

"Short but Challenging."

phonetim's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 7/28/2013

In very good shape, staff was friendly and got us off on time. Not a long course, but lots of water on the front, and a little tighter on the back with trees.

"Beautiful course in Northern Idaho"

robinoos's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 7/27/2013

Twin lakes golf course is set in a very scenic location amid mountains, forest and near a lake. The front and back nines are totally different being build many years apart.<br/> The presents a much bigger challenge.

"Picture Perfect Golf in a Small Rural Community"

mllwdean's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 7/18/2013

I was pleasantly surprised with this golf course. Thought it would be more like a country club course that was force-fit in and around the private houses, but instead, it looked like the community grew up around the course. Everything was green even though it has been very hot and dry in the Northwest. Some of the fairways are tight - but fair (use a 5-wood or hybrid off the tee and you will be in good shape). Plenty of hard-to-see water hazards to be careful of and most greens are protected by white sand bunkers (the sand was just being replaced on the course when I played). The greens were in great shape, fairly flat, and of medium speed. The folks at the course welcomed me as if I were a long standing member which made me feel right at home. Thank you Golfnow for listing tee-times for this Northern Idaho course.

"outstanding and fun"

Randy1053586's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 7/7/2013

We are from out of town and picked this course from golfnow. Outstanding staff and course. Great time was had by all in our foresome. Don't miss it if you are in the area.

"Twin Lakes Gem"

citydiggerbill's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 6/12/2012

I liked this course very much. It has a little of everything for me. Some longer holes, some short, a few narrow fairways that will test your accuracy for sure. The scenery is amazing! Loved the third hole(I think) with it's very elevated tee box, hitting way down to the fairway. Beautiful hole!