Type Public/Municipal
Crestbrook Park Golf Course

Year Built 1962
Fairways Blue Grass
Architect Geoffrey Cornish (1962)

Great Day

Drove 40 min to try this new course. I was a single paired with 2 young guys. Got off early. Course was almost in perfect condition for lae July. Greens were beautiful. Had so much fun i played another 9

Nice course with some poor conditions

Course has a number of fairways that are very uneven due to things like drainage ditches and sinkholes. Greens were in very good shape on this trip and it looks like they have improved the bunkers. Quiet day so the pace was perfect. Guys mowing seemed to follow us to each hole. Fee should be reduced if we are expected to play around the maintenance crews all day. This is a $45 course. Anything over $50 starts to get pricey.

Horrible pace of play

The staff were short on carts so they allowed a 5 ball to go out and play. They were horribly slow, and it didn’t help that the 4 ball behind them were also slow.
There was a huge backup on the course, that we called the pro shop asking them to fix the issue. They said there is nothing they can do, it will just be a slow day.
We got to the 16th hole after 6 hours! We didn’t even play the last two holes, because we couldn’t take the wait on the tee box.

Every hole is either uphill or downhill, with perfectly average conditions. They should charge around $20 for 18 holes.

Crestbrook

Pretty shaggy very slow greens! Looked good but SLOW. Terrible hot deal as the price was the same when we got to the pro shop!!
I’m sure it will get better later in the summer!

Great public course

The layout was fantastic and just the right level of difficulty. The greens had lots of slopes are were tough. I loved the signs at each hole telling you how to play the hole; a great addition for my first time playing an unknown course. Staff was super friendly and the course was very enjoyable.

Enjoyable golf course

Pretty challenging course, very green, good shape, grass on fairways and greens a little long, but probably protecting course from recent hot conditions. Great variety of holes, very walk able course, will definitely play again. Restaurant on property was another pleasant surprise.

Tuff but enjoyable

Course is in great shape, tee boxes on the hard side fairways beautiful and the greens rolled true. If you can keep it in the fairway you can score well get in the ruff you might not find your ball. Overall everyone in my foursome had a good time. We will be back.

Pleasant day

A few bare spots on some fairways. Greens were smooth, a little slow, but perfect speed for the slope of the greens on a public course. Moderately hilly, which adds interest. Several holes play across overall course slope, so you can expect to get sidehill lies. Other holes are up or downhill. A nice variety of straight and dogleg holes. Rough was playable, not punitive.

Alright

Friendly staff, course has intelligent layout with narrow fairways and some difficult par 3's that make for a challenging round. Fairways and greens were in good shape, some of the tee boxes were pretty rough. Good views.

Getting better

Use to be my favorite course in Connecticut. It had declined severely in last 15 years. Now on way back. Bunkers redone. Fairway and greens are in good shape. Greens rolling true but slow. They seem to have plan. Restaurant is excellent. Food and bar great.

Great value!

I’d highly recommend Crestbrook Park for intermediate to good golfers. The staff is friendly, the course forgiving, and the pace of play fantastic. Our round took only 3 1/2 hours. We ate at the restaurant that was just great. We’ll definitely return.

Typical (in a good way) Connecticut muni golf

Despite growing up about 35 minutes away, I'd never gotten around to playing Crestbrook Park while living in Connecticut. My interest in Geoffrey Cornish's designs spurred me to visit with my dad while visiting recently, and I'm glad I made it.

Crestbrook Park isn't going to win any big awards, but with its friendly staff (helmed by local native Jan Wivestad) and consistent stream of local play, it seems primed to continue to fill a need for pleasant, affordable golf in mid-western Connecticut. The course's virtues and defense come in the form of some elevation changes and at times scary-steep greens, which are fairly simple on the front but get a bit more characterful on the back. It's a solid blue-collar test of golf in a nice park setting.

Will seriously think about not playing there again. There was no starter so groups who were on the tee later tried to cut in front of us . Very slow play,four groups on the par four eleventh hole no ranger available to get the four golfers clowning around on the green straightened out . Ended up being five hour round. No fun!!!!!!!!

Nice layout, good condition

I like to play Crestbrook from time to time. I find it to be a great course to get my game together when I come to the US, twice a year. The course is in good shape this summer, and the pace tends to be quite fast. Not a World-class PGA course, but it doesn't pretend to be. A great place for a laid back afternoon with friends, and certainly a good option within the regional public courses.

Not worth a dollar

What a waste of a potentially great layout. The town obviously doesn't care about golfers coming back. The fairways were void of grass. I know we had a drought this year but I played this course 2 years ago and it was worse. The greens were horrible as well. I will not come back even if it were free. The only nice thing I can say about the experience was that the staff in the pro shop was very nice. Never again for me

Watertown, Connecticut
Naugatuck, Connecticut
Washington, Connecticut
Wolcott, Connecticut

Valid dates: Apr 04, 2020 - Sep 30, 2020
Here at Coachman's Golf Resort we pride ourselves on the high quality of magnificent golf, superb amenities and outstanding service that we offer our valued customers.