Spencer T. Olin Golf Course

Middle 72 6414 yards 71.3 128
Forward 72 5847 yards 68.8 117
Ladies 72 5049 yards 65.6 110
Scorecard for Spencer T. Olin
Green M: 73.5/135 377 540 439 452 180 358 472 222 503 3543 565 380 163 425 361 534 149 406 415 3398 6941
White M: 71.3/128 346 514 413 423 145 338 412 204 467 3262 540 346 145 383 343 508 125 380 382 3152 6414
Yellow M: 68.8/117 W: 70.2/119 326 469 349 375 127 317 395 188 442 2988 473 309 140 358 317 453 115 338 356 2859 5847
Red W: 67.1/113 267 401 306 330 107 272 330 163 414 2590 423 275 118 306 229 401 103 293 311 2459 5049

Year Built 1989
Fairways Zoysia Grass
Architect Arnold Palmer (1989) Ed Seay (1989)

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover

Challenging layout yet fun! Awesome staff and value.

I live about an hour and change away from this course and will be making the trip many times in the future to enjoy this course. The staff is incredibly friendly, and the course was in great condition. The greens were punched on the Monday of the week I played. I called ahead and the person on the phone told me so and that the greens were rolling very well. He wasn’t lying! I appreciate that because of the distance I drove. If you are in the St. Louis area this is a must play.

Money grab

Made reservation on golf now, however no mention of scramble tournament was mentioned prior to our 8:16am tee time. Upon seeing line of carts when we arrived, I questioned staff about our concerns of slow play and was assured that there would be no hold ups....wow!! Nothing like a 6 hour round to make your golfing experience memorable!

Awesome course. Very pretty and challenging. Had a great time playing with friends.

Great Value

I love this course and wish it was more convenient in driving distance for me. This is a very playable course for all levels of golfers, great design by Arnold Palmer and excellent maintaince by the Spencer T. Olin grounds crew and golf management team. This is a definite play if in the area!

Outstanding Conditions

Spencer T. Olin is one of the best conditioned courses in the St. Louis Metro area in late August.
The zoysia tee boxes were perfect. The fairways were good also. With most courses afraid to cut the greens short in these hot conditions in St. Louis, their greens are the fastest around this summer.

Great Round at Spencer T

Spencer T is really a nice course. It's not terribly difficult but has some nice challenges and rewards you for keeping the ball on the fairway. Many sloping fairways and greens demand some placement with irons which I really like and many places where if you miss, the ball is running down a deep, dark hill that you don't want to mess with. The pace of play was excellent, I was thrilled with that. We finished 18 right at 4 hours and we didn't rush at all. My complaint is with the greens. There were some that were pretty beat up, people not fixing their ball marks, which over time becomes a big problem. Also some spots where the greens were lost, and crab grass invaded. I'm not picky but it's the only reason I'm not rating the course as excellent. Excellent is hard to be, but the greens need to be true. I didn't think the greens rolled consistently around the course which had us guessing throughout the round. Overall, it's an excellent course. To me it's a $30-$35 course, I got a hot deal for $21 so that made it solid. I wouldn't pay $50-$60 to play here, to me it's not to the level of other courses in the metro that are charging those rates. It's worth playing but if I'm spending $50 I'm heading to Annbriar.

Great Course for the Money

Very nice course with well kept greens and fairways. Most fairways were open and forgiving. Course is not hard but some challenging.
Water hazards came into play a few times. Sand bunkers well kept.
All in all a nice course.

Spencer T. Olin In The Best Shape I've Seen

Spencer T. Olin is one of the Top 5 courses in the St. Louis metro area. When I played it on 7/28/18, you could tell they have made a special commitment to improve the conditioning of the course. Plus, the $50 green fee on a weekend, makes it an incredible value.

First thing I noticed was two fans on the practice putting green. Never seen this on a course. If they are that concerned about the practice putting green, then you know the course is going to be in great shape. The putting green was in the best shape I've seen it.

The tee boxes and fairways were in great shape.

They have always had trouble with the 14th green due to the hot summer heat. They had two fans on this green and this green was in the best shape I've ever seen it. Also, on that hole is the Arnold Palmer logo on the other side of the pond. It has always been in disarray. They have replaced the colored rock in the logo and it looks great now. A small thing but you can tell there is an emphasis to improve the course.

The only concerns I had about the course. There were sections of rough around the greens that were brown/dead. Also, a few greens had crabgrass creeping on the putting surfaces.

Get out and play Spencer T. Olin. Great course, great conditioning and a great value.

Needed more water stations on a very hot day, otherwise great trac.

Always a pleasure...

The course is always in good shape and the staff is friendly. Worth the drive. For some reason, this course tends to back up on holes 14, 15, and 16. But hey, there's always Fast Eddies!

Spencer T Golf Course

We had a great time except there was a group of two who slowed the pace down for everyone on the back 9 of the golf course.

Not This Time...

Every once in a while, I'll jump on an amazing GolfNow rate at various favorite courses. I thought I found such a gem this week at Spencer T.. Little did I know our slot was 1/2 hour after the last group of 70 golfers from a professional association (older golfers who rarely play).
Our tee time was Tuesday afternoon but I just finished 18 on Wednesday night...I know. It just felt like play was that slow. But it really was that painful.
Spencer T. is a spectacular layout. It's always in better than great condition. The range is solid. The staff is professional and friendly. Tuesday was just painful. But I learned a lesson...I'll still seek the perfect rate at the perfect courses. But I'll try to be wiser about sliding behind large tournament groups.

Great course, poor customer service and course management

Great course and conditions, not much better in the area for the price, however, they changed our tee time day before (moving us back) and then started a tournament in the middle of our round Saturday morning. No warning, just did a shot gun start right in front of us. On pace to play a three hour round and last 6 holes took over 2 hours. They asked if we were angry from the shop to guy on course, that was it. We weren’t angry just disappointed they could be that poorly run. The great course isn’t worth the poor service to me.

Great, but took awhile

Course was wet due to a lot of recent rain, but was still in excellent condition. Only negative thing to say was the pace of play was really bad, took about 5-5 1/2 hours to complete the round. Pretty much had to wait to hit every shot. Multiple groups waiting to tee off on pretty much every hole. Never seen it this bad here, clubhouse attendant did come by on the 8th tee box and apologized for the delay so they were aware. Other than that it was excellent and will play again in the near future.

Wood River, Illinois
Saint Louis, Missouri
Edwardsville, Illinois
Edwardsville, Illinois
Godfrey, Illinois

Valid dates: Apr 13, 2019 - Apr 16, 2019
The Ak-Chin Smash in the Sun Stay & Play includes a three night stay at Harrah’s Ak-Chin, two rounds of golf at Ak-Chin Southern Dunes, and the ideal location to catch all of the long drive action during the Ak-Chin Smash in the Sun!