Delcastle Golf Club
Scorecard for Del Castle Golf Club
Blue M: 71.0/122 372 477 384 402 368 194 555 422 177 3351 425 285 408 406 156 519 389 166 520 3274 6625
White M: 69.6/120 358 456 364 394 354 183 534 398 173 3214 398 273 392 385 140 497 372 151 504 3112 6326
Gold M: 65.4/105 W: 71.3/120 318 400 329 363 342 137 434 336 150 2809 345 260 355 294 124 420 304 124 440 2666 5475
Red W: 70.7/119 311 391 327 359 328 131 422 334 148 2751 335 260 347 287 124 415 296 120 434 2618 5369

Year Built 1971
Fairways Rye Grass
Architect Ed Ault (1971)

Clubs No

Very slow play. Unnecessary. A ranger could have moved the group about 4 ahead of us along. Good daily course if they kept the golfers moving a bit quicker. Nice staff, very friendly. Greens were really slow, but with all the rain, that was to be expected
Off-course amenities Fair
Course Layout Fair

GREAT ROUND, low score of the year

great experience from check in through post round lunch. Played in less than 4 hours, course in great shape except for a couple of tee boxes and small area in front of 18th green. First time playing Delcastle since the late 90s and it was worth the trip. Of the three Wilmington courses, Oliver and Rock Manor are the others, I enjoy the layout of Delcastle the best. The course is moderate to easy for a mid to high handicap golfer. There is room to spray the ball around without major penalty. That makes the round much less frustrating for a 23 handicap like me. Delcastle will be back in my regular rotation of courses and I look forward getting back there ASAP
Staff Friendliness Excellent

Never looked better

You notice a big change when you pull into the parking lot. Almost all ofthe trees blocking the view of the first fairway are gone! You pull in and see the course. That’s very noticeable to anyone who has played here over the years. I’ve played here off and on for 25-30 years and Can’t remember when Delcastle has looked so good. If you haven’t played Delcastle ina few years, come back and check it out. I believe you will like the changes.
Off-course amenities Good

High Grass

Due to rain grass was high and very difficult to locate golf ball.
Staff Friendliness Excellent
Pace of Play Excellent
Course Layout Good

Don’t be two mins late !

Don’t be 2 mins late or you can’t play, pace of play suck almost every hole foursome in front look for thief lost balls for ten mins, 6 hrs to play takes the fun out of golf don’t think I’ll be back any time soon
Staff Friendliness Fair
Value for the Money Fair

Alternate choice

Based on some scheduling and weather problems, we chose this course to play. Pretty crowded for a Friday afternoon, so the pace was not less than 4 hours. We were surprised by the elevations on a few of the holes. A few good holes, our paired up duos were friendly, and it was a good course that met our needs
Pace of Play Average
GMdelcastle
Commented On 06/21/2018
Sorry to hear your round was slower than you hoped. We hope you'll come back and try our course again!

This course has tremendous value for the price I paid. The quality and layout are for average golfers looking for a challenge. The greens are always in good shape and the fairways almost never in bad condition. Looking forward to getting out to Delcastle again soon!
Pace of Play Average
Course Layout Excellent

there;s good news & bad news

Solid golf course, I'd say typical 60' or 70's designed no issues with tees, fairways or greens which were better then I expected. I've played here a handful of times thru the years and as luck would have it I had to walk every time, my bad. If the ground is soggy they don't have a cart path only policy, they have a no cart allowed on the course policy as some of the paths don't extend the length of the hole . You are either hoofing it to the 1st tee or back to your car. Onward to the tee it was a pretty nice day for a walk but a tad humid.Since my best days are behind me I was looking for a bench or even a dry tree stump to sit for a minute or 10, I ended up at the 16th sitting under a tree on the wet ground hoping to get my 4th wind. Finally hit 2 decent shots on the 18th seen the hill leading up to the green pick my ball up walked to the 13th and played that in to the parking lot..I'll be back but not until we have 2 straight of weeks sunshine.

Very nice local course

The course was in good shape, we were never help up and not pushed. Was a very enjoyable round of golf.
GMdelcastle
Commented On 04/17/2018
Thanks for playing Delcastle! We're ecstatic that your round was fun and enjoyable!

S L O W

Slow play with no ranger. At one point we pulled up to the next hole and there were three groups on same hole, with us making it four! On the back nine we gave up and left. Such a shame because the course is beautiful, although the greens were in awful shape. We don't plan on returning : (
Course Conditions Fair