East at White Pines Golf Course

Carts: Yes - $10

Golf school / academy: Yes - "Play Better Golf Academy"

Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Discover Welcomed

Black (W) 70 6371 yards 76.8 133
Silver 70 5893 yards 69.0 122
Silver (W) 70 5893 yards 74.2 127
Maroon (W) 73 5150 yards 70.1 118
Maroon 73 5150 yards 65.6 114

White Pines Golf Club is ideally situated for both locals and visitors with a convenient location that is just 30 minutes from downtown Chicago and only 10 minutes from O'Hare International Airport. The club has two 18-hole courses, the East and the West. The East is the shorter and more player friendly of the two at 6,371 yards from the back tees. The fairways are seemingly narrow but there is some room for recovery if you have an errant shot. There aren't as many bunkers or water as on the West Course, but there is enough to provide a fun round. In addition to 36 holes of golf, White Pines G.C. also offers the Golf Dome, one of the world's largest indoor golf facilities. It features five target greens surrounded by bunkers, 50 hitting tees on two levels, and six suspended hitting targets for practicing your accuracy.

Location is near the airport convenient to the city in the 'burbs   Great for locals advanced golfers walkers   Challenges include water hazards narrow fairways bunkers   Great for drinks watching the game patio dining

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/19/2018

Response from White Pines Golf Club on 07/20/2018:

Thank you for the input regarding our golf course. We are working on a strategic plan to address the issues at our facility. Please feel free to contact me (Frank) directly at 630-766-0304 x3002 so we can discuss further.<br/>

"Needs maintenance"

Kbdesign's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/18/2018

Course in OK shape, fairways need to be arated.

Carts paths are a disaster

Lot of dead trees.

Needs some overgrown trees to be cut back

Course has gone downhill since playing it 3 years ago.

"White Pines"

rca33156's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/18/2018

Great course layout and challenging enough for the intermediate golfer . Well maintained fairways and greens . One little complaint , fix the cart path ,to many ruts .

Response from White Pines Golf Club on 07/20/2018:

Thank you for the 5-star review of White Pines Golf Club. Glad to hear you enjoyed the course. Please come back and visit us soon.

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/17/2018

Response from White Pines Golf Club on 07/18/2018:

Thank you for the 5-star review of White Pines. Please come back and visit us soon.

Jack1162893's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/15/2018

Response from White Pines Golf Club on 07/16/2018:

Thank you for the 4-star review of White Pines. Please come back and visit us soon.

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/15/2018

Response from White Pines Golf Club on 07/16/2018:

Thank you for the 5-star review of White Pines Golf Club. Please come back and visit us soon.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/10/2018

"Excellent Course Conditions"

1ladygolfer81's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/04/2018

White Pines West course itself is in excellent condition. However, for the life of me I can't understand them offering pin placements at the starters check in when there are no placement numbers on the scorecards or the golf carts plus the flags are all the same color. It's impossible to tell where the pin has been placed on the greens without a description of some sort. I questioned this in the pro shop when we were finished and was told there were stickers to put on cards but they just haven't gotten around to putting them on yet. How nice for the golfer!! Also the golf carts could be hosed down and cleaned out better. I went to 3 carts before I found one I didn't have to empty of some sort of trash. These carts were all lined up to be used. If you had to have a windshield up, you'd have a hard time seeing thru it! In addition, the women's restroom at the halfway house could definitely smell better! The cart paths have their usual ton of bumps and holes that could really be filled up with gravel at least. Pace of play was over 5 hours and 20 minutes with no rangers to move golfers along. Very slow and frustrating. It's a shame because apparently the groundskeeper is the only one that knows his job from the excellent condition of the course. Someone in management needs to do a better job of making sure these things are addressed.

Response from White Pines Golf Club on 07/09/2018:

Thank you so much for the 4-star review of White Pines. We appreciate you taking the time and writing the review. We know there are a few things that we certainly can work on. Hope to see you again.

"path"

DABOZ808's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/25/2018

I just want tobtalk about the cart path on this course. It is bar none the worst I I have ever been on. The potholes literally suk up the entire golf cart not to mention needing a cortisone injection after the round from the bumpy ride. This needs to be adressed.

Response from White Pines Golf Club on 06/29/2018:

The Management Team at White Pines Golf Club is fully aware of the unacceptable condition of our cart paths and the effect that they have on our customers’ experience at our facility. We are in the process of formulating a strategic plan to address our cart path issues and we are anticipating having that plan in place in the near future.<br/> Please feel free to contact me (Frank) directly at your convenience 630-766-0304 x3002 if you wish to discuss further.<br/> Thank you for your input concerning your visit to White Pines Golf Club.<br/>

"Long and fun"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/17/2018

Great course long the rough was rough but a great run

Response from White Pines on 06/21/2018:

Jose6890029's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/17/2018

Response from White Pines on 06/21/2018:

"DANGER! Killer Cart Paths!"

bholmer's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/04/2018

Gravel cart paths now feature hundreds of water-filled potholes - dangerous to your spine!

Response from White Pines Management on 06/11/2018:

Your feedback on cart paths is greatly appreciated. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/03/2018

Response from White Pines Management on 06/11/2018:

Thank you for the 4-star review!

"There is nothing wrong with this place"

u000002047419's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/01/2018

There is nothing wrong with this place. That should probably be the official motto. The layouts are fine; the conditioning is fine*; the amenities are fine. And if you get one of the cheaper prices it's a pretty good value.

Response from White Pines on 06/04/2018:

Thank you for the review of White Pines. Please come back and visit us soon.

"Fantastic Course for the Price"

u923201157's avatar
Plays:  Once every three months

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/30/2018

Great course. Great pace of play. Staff was awesome. Let us play an extra 9 for free

Response from White Pines on 06/04/2018:

Thank you for the 5-star review of White Pines. Glad to hear the course was in great shape and the staff was friendly. Please come back and visit us soon.

"Course has potential if they better maintain and invest in it"

TeeItUpAllYear's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/28/2018

About the fifth time playing the course in the past ten years. Management has many opportunities to make improvements, but don’t see them. On the positive side, greens were in really good shape. Staff was courteous. $49 with cart is reasonable on a holiday weekend. Maintenance on the rest of the course was lacking. Numerous dead trees, inconsistent mowing (clipping clumps everywhere), beat up cart paths, etc. Never saw a ranger to check Pace of play, and limited drinking water spots on the course.

In the Chicago metro area, there are several courses that are better options for about $10-20 more per round.

Response from Frank Bonanno on 05/30/2018:

-TeeItUpAllYear<br/> <br/> Our team appreciates you choosing to play at White Pines Golf Club and for your feedback. We understand the challenges and opportunities that we have on our property. We did remove over 200 trees during this off season and we will continue to address that issue. Cart path renovations will depend on the long term direction of our facilities. Please feel free to contact me directly at 630-766-0304 x3002 or by email at bonanno@whitepinesgolf.com.

Thanks Again <br/>

"Slowest play ever"

crecchio's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/25/2018

There are no rangers so this was an extremly painful round waiting at least 5 to 10 min for every single shot

Response from Frank Bonanno on 05/30/2018:

My name is Frank Bonanno and I am the Director of Golf Course Operations at White Pines Golf Club.<br/> Our team is sorry to hear about the unpleasant experience that you had at White Pines Golf Club last Friday.<br/> At your convenience, please contact me directly at 630-766-0304 x3002 or by e-mail at fbonanno@whitepinesgolf.com.

"great course except for...."

jeff6806101's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/25/2018

We had fun on our round. Would do it again. My only complaint is that the grass was too long off the fairways. If you hit your ball 5 feet off the fairway good luck finding your ball. There were people all of over the course looking for balls that should have been easily findable. I walked away from atleast 5 of them after searching for 3 min. I'll go back when the grass is managed better.

Response from White Pines on 05/30/2018:

Thank you for playing White Pines. We are sorry to hear the grass was a little long when you played. We hope your next round with us is much better.

"Seen Better Days"

FrielJames1960's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/12/2018
Previously played Used cart Cold weather Verified Purchaser

The west course at White Pines has an interesting and challenging layout. The fairways and rough could be in better shape - partly due to the weather this year and to the general upkeep of the course. The greens were actually pretty good, they rolled nice and reasonably fast despite some aeration that hasn't fully healed. The sand was better than the local average which isn't a rousing recommendation but there is sand in the bunkers despite the weather. It was a cold day and our last two holes were rained out. I will play there again this summer to see how the course has fared with sun and heat. It was well worth the golf now hot deal price we paid.

Response from White Pines on 05/16/2018:

Thank you for the 4-star review of White Pines Golf Course. Please come back and visit us soon.

"White Pinea East Course"

blanigan66's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/10/2018

The East course is in excellent shape!! They have done a very good job surviving our stubborn winter and getting the course ready for the season. The hole positions for the day were innaccurate and did not correspond to the map but the greens are not huge anyway so it was not an issue.There was a maintainence crew on one hole, removing an old dead tree, that showed no regard for the golfers on the course by blocking the cart path, leaving tools sprawled all around and acting like they were at the beach on vacation. But other then that, it was a great experience. I got lucky and played it when there were only a few others out there. I flew around and finished in less than 3 hours. I give White Pines East high marks and would recommend it as a great value for the price and good test of skill.

Response from White Pines on 05/16/2018:

Thank you so much for the kind words and the 4-star review of White Pines. Please come back and visit us soon.