Augusta Municipal Golf Course

Year Built 1928
Architect David Ogilvie (1928)

Credit Cards Accepted Yes
Dress code Proper golf attire.

Richmond County 'Patch" golf course

Fairways in poor condition. Would be nice to be able to drive on any of them without bouncing down the fairway at slow speed. Greens were good. Pace of play not fault of course management. Though I hate to have players hitting into me when waiting for players to get at least 175 yards ahead or clear the green.

Difficulty Extremely Easy
Anonymous

Not worth the money

This is not a $24 dollar course play was slow players hitting two or more balls on multiple occasions this is at best a $16 dollar course I’ve had a lot of good days playing here this was by far the worst

Bizarre Experience

I’ve played at this course many times prior to this one and it’s always been a mediocre course. I booked a hot deal and got on for cheap at an odd time.

When checking in I got prioritized getting a cart before walk ins which was nice because I had a tee time. When I went to get my cart a staff member directed me to get a cart that he just cleaned. He stated he partially cleaned it. The cart was soaking wet from him spraying it off with a hose. I guess that was his version of clean.

Next, we tee off and there were multiple foursome ahead of us so we knew it’d be slow. See proceeded to play thru one foursome as they were kind to do so. Then, on the par 3 next to the entrance a man that was alone on his cart appeared out of nowhere. He wasn’t in the group ahead of us and it looked as if he decided he would play in the middle of the groups. He teed off then told us to come on and hit our balls. We proceeded to do so. It was odd but we kept playing.

On the following hole he proceeded to tee off with the group waiting ahead of us pulled over waiting on the next group that was backed up. He told us to hit our balls bc they said we could play through. We did so taking his word for it and the group seemed a bit surprised we’d do so. One guy muttered they were waiting on the other group. The guy sped off as he finished out the hole and showed up at the following tee box. We caught up to him and he was teeing off into yet another group. He told us to go ahead again and that the group told us to play through. By this time I could tell that this guy was just hitting balls into groups so I asked him. He said he worked here and he could do this all day. I saw the group that he hit into this time throwing his ball off. The employee then sped off on a back route.

I am a local and will never play at this course again. This employee was later seen teeing balls up behind the cart shack and hitting them into holes of play. We concluded our round early because of how bad we felt for skipping groups and interceding play.

Very poorly run establishment and this employee should be fired.

Golf course etiquette

We got hit into three times on the front side .Not close enough to hurt anyone but never “fore” or an apology is certainly appreciated .

The Patch is improving

They are trying hard to improve the course and the greens were in decent shape and a lot bette than last time I pl;ayed. The greens are EXTREMELY small and it is hard to fly the ball onto the green so I had to hit a bump into the bank on EVERY hole.

I only paid $10.00 and Golfnow gave me a $10 reward so I only paid $3.77 which is awesome!

Overall had a great time
Shot 46 on front
Shot 40 on back

Fair price fun game

Price is fair and it’s nice when a airplane fly’s overhead while hitting a tee shot I am from Knoxville TN have never played here however felt like my home course

The back nine was closed for over-seeding. The greens on the front side were heavily sanded. Most were un-puttable. Not a pleasant experience!

Better Than Expected

I have a tough time with City of Augusta managed services so I went into this course thinking it was going to be low quality, but it was really a nice course. The fairways could be filled as there were a bunch of "craters" and the greens were cut to low so some of them felt like I was putting on packed sand; however, the course is overall very nice and for the price, very difficult to beat. I will definitely be playing this course again.

This course is not very difficult as most holes were straight, but had just enough challenge to keep it interesting with the sand traps and the amount of hills on the course.

The employees were nice, but sometimes seemed more as "golfers who work the course" as opposed to actual employees. There is also little to no Pro Shop, and the cafe didn't seem to be very good (but I did not go in, it was just empty).

Golf etiquette

Some players at this course need to take a class in golf etiquette when it comes to pace of play. I was behind a single walker who was behind a twosome that was playing very slow. The single walker was hitting 2 balls off of every tee and the twosome was still holding him up with their slow pace. When I was on the first green, I saw a group of what had to be 5-6 on the 7th green ( I encountered this last week as well but I was behind them and they never let me play through.

Slow play

I think there needs to be an etiquette course that some people should take. I was a single player in a cart and was behind a walking twosome on the front nine then got behind a foursome on the back. I was on 11 tee and they were on 13 tee and I caught them on 13 green and was waiting at every hole.

This course is steadily improving

This course used to be a convenient place to play cheap. It has some small greens,the tee boxes needed work and grass was sparse in the fairways. The small greens are still there but the tee boxes are improving and so are the fairways. The condition of the greens is the best that I've seen. This is a fun course to play and is a great value!

North Augusta, South Carolina

Valid dates: May 10, 2020 - Jun 18, 2020
Every spring getaway should include the perfect mixture of lakeside recreation and 4-Star relaxation! The Tahoe Tap-in Stay & Play package offers a luxurious stay at Edgewood Tahoe Resort plus your choice of two rounds of golf with a cart at Lake Tahoe's only public lakefront golf course, two 50-minute treatments at the serene Spa Edgewood, or one of each for each night per reservation.