Year Built 1926
Architect Donald Ross (1926) Arnold Palmer (2004) Arnold Palmer (1984) Ed Seay (1984)

Single Allowed No
Dress code Proper golf attire. No denim permitted.

Course played awesome! Green were challenging and very well maintained. Can't wait to go back!

In great condition

Forest Hills is in great condition right now and you can't beat the value. If this were up north it would be a $175 round.

FYI - they are currently renovating the greenside bunkers and hole #8 is closed.

Excellent Course for the money

Excellent Course for the money... There was a girls league or tournament walking in front of us that lead to the slow play. Like the course layout with some fun holes and greens.

Commented On 08/27/2019

Hi tjniete. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Forest Hills Golf Club.

Commented On 08/27/2019

Highly Recommended

This course and facility is in fantastic condition. The clubhouse and restaurant personnel were very friendly and respectful. This was my first experience with this course and I look forward to playing here again in the future. Thank you.

Commented On 08/13/2019

Hello, ctim4300. Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon at Forest Hills Golf Club!

Get what you pay for.

Sure you get a nice discount on the afternoon round but just like a lot of other courses late morning they send their crews out blowing, mowing and trimming. Some do a better job at being courteos than others. This place really didn’t give us enough courtesy today.Not shutting equipment off, coming up cart paths while we we on the tee box, laying sod in front of tee box while we’re teeing off. I know this is a necessary evil but It just felt like for four holes they were stalking us. My buddy had a par round going but by the time we got away from them it was wrecked.

Commented On 08/08/2019

Hello u373523431. Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting us!

Groundskeeper with a death wish

A great course in very good condition and reasonably priced. My only issue was as I was preparing to tee off on 12 a groundskeeper walked out 20 yards in front of the tee and started digging a hole. When I asked him to let me hit he completely ignored me and just stared at me. Rather than risk taking his head off I teed off from the ladies tees. Weird.

Commented On 07/12/2019

Hello. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for your experience during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game. We are glad to know you enjoyed the other aspects of your visit, and we will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing @ForestHillsGolfClub. We hope to see you again soon.

Commented On 07/10/2019

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences, Junior. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed from your round with us. Thanks for choosing @ForestHillsGolfClub!

Commented On 06/26/2019

Hi, Gary. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing @ForestHillsGolfClub.

Fun Course

Tee boxes need some grass on a few. Greens had been punched about 2 weeks earlier. Not very fast greens. Water on only backside par 3. Very hilly back nine while front nine was not as hilly. Will be back

Commented On 06/21/2019

Hi. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing @ForestHillsGolfClub.

Commented On 06/21/2019

We hope you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us, Mellington. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round @ForestHillsGolfClub!

Aerated greens

I do like this course but I was told the greens were aerated two weeks ago but they were good to go now.....they were not good. I would say the greens right now are at best terrible. Bumpy, sandy some were much faster/slower than others. The pace was horrible. Waited at least 5 minutes on each shot! There was a group of 5 ahead of us. Not ok.

Commented On 06/17/2019

Hello. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future. Thanks for playing Forest Hills.

Forest hills

Love the course. Greens recently aerated but rolled okay. Fairways in great shape. Recent rains resulted in reduced roll out but greens receptive. Played an additional 9. Pace of play was great.

Commented On 06/13/2019

Hi, Jad. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us 4 stars. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back @ForestHillsGolfClub!

Great price, great pace

The greens were recently aerated and were still relatively playable (The GolfNow booking indicated an aeration notification) so course conditions could not be rated at the highest level. Otherwise course conditions were very good. Very friendly greeting from the staff—we were allowed to start earlier than our tee time. Pace of play was outstanding—3 of us finishing in less than 3 hours. We had time to play an additional 9 holes for the price of the golf cart. Forecasted rain and recent maintenance on the greens probably kept others away—but we found everything perfect for our round. Very fair and playable layout—not many bunkers and only two water crossings (on par 3’s). In a few weeks the course should be in great shape—highly recommended

Commented On 06/12/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We appreciate the 4 stars. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. @ForestHillsGolfClub thanks you!

nice course

My first visit to Forest Hills was enough to bring me back despite my bad score. The fairways are cut short so lots of roll and the only drawback to that is that the ball does not sit up well. I almost preferred the lie in the rough! I hit 4 or 5 bunkers and all of them seemed to have huge lips, quite a challenge for this duffer! The greens were nice with many undulations and tiers and also quite fast. I'll score better next time!

Commented On 05/30/2019

Hi. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. It's good to hear you enjoyed the challenge. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing @ForestHillsGolfClub.

Commented On 05/20/2019

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences, Scott. Thanks for the 4-star review! Please tell us more about what you enjoyed from your round with us, and please visit us again soon. Thanks for choosing @ForestHillsGolfClub.

Great Round at Forest Hills

Another good day playing at Forest Hills. The course is in good shape. Tee boxes need some attention after leveling last year they seem a bit beat up. Greens are fast, fast, fast. Had to wait on a few holes for slower group ahead, but round finished in exactly 4 hours.

Commented On 04/30/2019

Hi, Rodney. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing @ForestHillsGolfClub.

Commented On 04/29/2019

Hi, Frans. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing @ForestHillsGolfClub.

#BeautifulGolfCourses

Decent course, greens in great shape. Not overwhelming but good course layout

Commented On 04/29/2019

Hi, John. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had a good time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing @ForestHillsGolfClub.

#BeautifulGolfCourses

Doesn’t seem like they’re interested in the pace of play. Waited on the group in front of us every single hole. No ranger on the course

Commented On 04/29/2019

Hello, and thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back! Thanks for choosing Forest Hills.

Could be in better shape.

We played the course the day after The Masters. The grass around the greens was brown, if there was any grass at all. There was a lot of dirt around the greens which made chipping impossible. Many tee boxes were in bad shape with no grass at all. The greens on the other hand were in great shape. We got a great deal on Golf Now for $30 per golfer, so it was still a great deal. But if we had to pay $175 during Masters week we would have been greatly disappointed with the conditions. It is a nice track and the best public course near The Masters. Springtime in Augusta should have fantastic course conditions.

Commented On 04/18/2019

Hello. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements. We're glad, however, to see our partnership with GolfNow continues to give golfers the best opportunities in golf, whether that be with our website or our partner’s. Thank you for playing Forest Hills, and we hope to see you again soon.

North Augusta, South Carolina