Slope N/A
Rating N/A

Year Built 1992
Architect Mike Young (1992)

Restaurant

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Georgia (2017 #21)

Lane Creek G.C.

Great track!! Plenty of Bermuda to hit off.
Will be back asap.
Thanks for a great round

Overrated

The Good. Fairways and Greens are always in good shape. Normally around $35-$40
The Bad. The worst cart paths of any course I’ve ever played. Slow pace of play. Bad Layout. No yardage markers.
The Ugly. Extremely rude employees in the club house.

Customer Unfriendly

Course is playable even though very wet.
Staff were unfriendly and made us feel unwelcome. The reason they gave was ‘we don’t like GolfNow because we don’t make any money ‘
Then don’t post GolfNow t-times.

Commented on 03/05/2020

Hello. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for your experience during your round. We are sorry to hear you may have had a negative experience with any individual on our staff. This is not acceptable and by no means the standard we strive to achieve. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Lane Creek Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Disappointed

This course is a favorite of ours when we get a good deal.
However our foursome had a 11:28 Golfnow tee time deal, arrived early hoping ,if not crowded (it wasn’t, mid 40’s & windy) to get off early because two granddads had to pick g’kids up from school. When I checked our group in, before 11:00 am was told by employee in clubhouse, “because you’re a Golfnow customer you’ll have to wait till your scheduled time, we don’t make money with Golfnow, In future book with us & we can possibly work you in”. Their cost $32 pp, Golfnow $22,. Course wasn’t crowded or groups lined up to tee off & at one point the tee box was open :20+ & still we had to wait till 11:28. Their own website has Golfnow tee times posted, so if not making $ with them why show times on their website.
Our group patiently waited :30+ but was disappointed with way this was handled,. Never a problem before teeing off early with Golfnow Times., if tee box open.
Is this a course or now a Golfnow rule?

Commented on 03/05/2020

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review us. We apologize for any confusion or misunderstanding regarding your recent reservation. If you have any questions regarding your GolfNow reservations and policies in the future, please do not hesitate to contact their team at 1 (800) 767-3574. We value your feedback and hope to welcome you back for another round soon.

Horrible staff.

Booked a tee time. Showed up 40 minutes early so I could get loose and hit balls. Went inside and that’s when the nonsense started. They couldn’t find my tee time and then when they did, they said they had a dog fight teeing off before then. They said if I could make it to the first tee to tee off with a threesome, I could play. I had prepaid for a 11:56 tee time and it’s 11:20 and I’m being told to run to the first tee. I hadn’t even taken my clubs, shoes etc out of my car. I had booked lessons with the pro at this course. Nice guy but doubtful I use him anymore. This is how horrible of an experience this was. Don’t waste your time with these people.

Good Vibes

Course is in great shape. Enjoyable pace of play on busy day. Challenging enough to keep game sharp even for low handicap.

Always

Always friendly, helpful and pleasant staff assisting to ensure a great day on the course. Course is in great shape. I will continue to play there as my primary choice.

Lane Creek - Great Golf course close to Athens!

Lane Creek is a great golf course for all skill levels. I have been playing this golf course for 10+ years and would highly reccomend it to anyone in the Athens, GA area. You absolutely can not beat the value for the price. Be sure to check out their winter tee times - there are always great deals. The course is also well kept and have never had a bad experience with the greens here. The staff has always been friendly and welcoming. One time a few months ago I had an incident where another golfer was incredibly rude to our group. When we informed the clubhouse manager he gave us a free round and something to eat on our way home on the house. That is southern hospitality!! Love this course and will definitely continue to return for years to come

Good course for the money. Good on the higher handicap player, lots of short par 4s.

Great value course with great staff.

As always, had a great day playing in Bishop. This is one of the best values at a public course that I have in Georgia. Thanks for making is another fun day in the great outdoors. If I have ever had an issue they strive to make it right.

Lane creek review

Highly recommend this course.Good layout. Friendly staff ,good condition Reasonably. Priced

Poor Tee-time Management, Poor Course Conditions

If I had spent any more than the $17 plus convenience fees on a hot deal through Golf Now, I would have requested a refund. My experience was on par for the low cost of the round.

I arrived at 10:40a for a 11:30 tee time and checked in at the club house. The employee informed me that my tee time was a foursome, and I asked if there was a possibility of going off earlier. He told me they were booked up and suggested going to the driving range to kill time. Wow, there were foursomes booked straight for an entire hour? I guess good for them, but hard to believe.

Being my first time playing Lane Creek and seeing carts in multiple locations, I asked where I should get a cart from and he said to wait until 11:15a to get a cart because he wasn't sure that there were enough for the tee times before me. What?! How are there not enough carts to get you until noon, let alone 11:30?

I went to the range and made it back to the office at 11:20 to get a cart. I asked if the other three had checked in yet and he told me I had just missed them walking out. I asked if they had carts or anything yet and the employee couldn't tell me anything. He just told me to grab a cart and meet them and the starter at the first hole. I grab my bag and a cart to arrive to the first tee at 11:25a to see a foursome starting down the fairway and no starter in sight. I yell out asking them what tee time they had with them replying 11:30. Confused that it was a foursome for my tee time, not wanting to make it a fivesome, I let them go and started back to the clubhouse to sort out the miscommunication. The starter pulls around the corner in a cart and I catch him up to speed. His sheet still has my name as one of the four for 11:30, but I reiterate that he (or his absence) just let four tee off claiming they were the 11:30. The guy has one job. Starter calls the front office to sort things out and nobody has a good reason how there's a foresome teeing off early when I was still clearly scheduled to be one of the four. Either the fourth guy didn't pay with the starter not checking, the front office booked five, or somebody just took upon themselves to jump into someone else's tee time.

You can't have your cake and eat it too, Lane Creek. I arrive almost an hour early, told to wait for my tee time, have the others for my tee time tee off early (wit his an additional person mind you) causing me to miss the tee time, all due to mismanagement by staff. This kind of confusion can easily be avoided.

The cart: seats wet from the rain the night prior, dirt in the floor board, trash in the cup holders and cubbies, steering wheel had graffiti on it and the scorecard holder was broken off, and the parking break didnt work causing me to have to park it in odd positions to ensure it didn't roll away. Is there no once over given to this carts the morning of? I understand if they're washed the night prior and staged for the next day, but there needs to be better oversight and due diligence.

The course: cart paths were rough to say the least (missing sections throughout, large puddles and mud pits throughout, huge cracks, roots coming through, some parts were so bumpy and unlevel they caused me to be almost thrown from the cart). The fairways were in rough condition with visible tire tracks and worn spots from heavy cart traffic throughout...sometimes right up to the green (most likely from people knowing to avoid the cart paths altogether). Tee boxes weren't blown off, debris was everywhere on them and the blue tees had been set a yard from the back edge of the box. Greens were very bumpy and inconsistent. I found cigarette butts consistently throughout the course. No indication for pin placement on the scorecard or given by staff which made play difficult for a first time guest. There's not even a course map on the scorecard.

Even though this is one of the more reasonably priced courses in the Athens area, I wouldn't pay full price to play here again from my experience today...it would be tough to justify taking advantage of another discounted rate even.

Commented on 01/07/2020

Hello Justin, thank you for reviewing Lane Creek Golf Club. We're very sorry to hear you may have had a poor customer experience with us recently, and we appreciate your feedback so we may work on improvements for your future experience with us. We apologize for any miscommunication or misunderstanding in regards to your reservation and hope we can better clarify in the future if necessary. We hope you give us another chance to improve upon your previous visit and want to see you again soon.

Fun course that will not beat you up

A course that is less than 7000 yards from the tips. Offers several different tees to suit all abilities. The course is always in very good condition and is fun to play. The 7th hole is probably the best par 4 in northeast Georgia. Very reasonable rates and the staff is always friendly

Bogart, Georgia