Lane Creek Golf Club

Year Built 1992
Fairways Bermuda
Greens Bent
Architect Mike Young

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Georgia (2017 #21)

Good Vibes

Course is in great shape. Enjoyable pace of play on busy day. Challenging enough to keep game sharp even for low handicap.

Always

Always friendly, helpful and pleasant staff assisting to ensure a great day on the course. Course is in great shape. I will continue to play there as my primary choice.

Lane Creek - Great Golf course close to Athens!

Lane Creek is a great golf course for all skill levels. I have been playing this golf course for 10+ years and would highly reccomend it to anyone in the Athens, GA area. You absolutely can not beat the value for the price. Be sure to check out their winter tee times - there are always great deals. The course is also well kept and have never had a bad experience with the greens here. The staff has always been friendly and welcoming. One time a few months ago I had an incident where another golfer was incredibly rude to our group. When we informed the clubhouse manager he gave us a free round and something to eat on our way home on the house. That is southern hospitality!! Love this course and will definitely continue to return for years to come

Good course for the money. Good on the higher handicap player, lots of short par 4s.

Great value course with great staff.

As always, had a great day playing in Bishop. This is one of the best values at a public course that I have in Georgia. Thanks for making is another fun day in the great outdoors. If I have ever had an issue they strive to make it right.

Lane creek review

Highly recommend this course.Good layout. Friendly staff ,good condition Reasonably. Priced

Poor Tee-time Management, Poor Course Conditions

If I had spent any more than the $17 plus convenience fees on a hot deal through Golf Now, I would have requested a refund. My experience was on par for the low cost of the round.

I arrived at 10:40a for a 11:30 tee time and checked in at the club house. The employee informed me that my tee time was a foursome, and I asked if there was a possibility of going off earlier. He told me they were booked up and suggested going to the driving range to kill time. Wow, there were foursomes booked straight for an entire hour? I guess good for them, but hard to believe.

Being my first time playing Lane Creek and seeing carts in multiple locations, I asked where I should get a cart from and he said to wait until 11:15a to get a cart because he wasn't sure that there were enough for the tee times before me. What?! How are there not enough carts to get you until noon, let alone 11:30?

I went to the range and made it back to the office at 11:20 to get a cart. I asked if the other three had checked in yet and he told me I had just missed them walking out. I asked if they had carts or anything yet and the employee couldn't tell me anything. He just told me to grab a cart and meet them and the starter at the first hole. I grab my bag and a cart to arrive to the first tee at 11:25a to see a foursome starting down the fairway and no starter in sight. I yell out asking them what tee time they had with them replying 11:30. Confused that it was a foursome for my tee time, not wanting to make it a fivesome, I let them go and started back to the clubhouse to sort out the miscommunication. The starter pulls around the corner in a cart and I catch him up to speed. His sheet still has my name as one of the four for 11:30, but I reiterate that he (or his absence) just let four tee off claiming they were the 11:30. The guy has one job. Starter calls the front office to sort things out and nobody has a good reason how there's a foresome teeing off early when I was still clearly scheduled to be one of the four. Either the fourth guy didn't pay with the starter not checking, the front office booked five, or somebody just took upon themselves to jump into someone else's tee time.

You can't have your cake and eat it too, Lane Creek. I arrive almost an hour early, told to wait for my tee time, have the others for my tee time tee off early (wit his an additional person mind you) causing me to miss the tee time, all due to mismanagement by staff. This kind of confusion can easily be avoided.

The cart: seats wet from the rain the night prior, dirt in the floor board, trash in the cup holders and cubbies, steering wheel had graffiti on it and the scorecard holder was broken off, and the parking break didnt work causing me to have to park it in odd positions to ensure it didn't roll away. Is there no once over given to this carts the morning of? I understand if they're washed the night prior and staged for the next day, but there needs to be better oversight and due diligence.

The course: cart paths were rough to say the least (missing sections throughout, large puddles and mud pits throughout, huge cracks, roots coming through, some parts were so bumpy and unlevel they caused me to be almost thrown from the cart). The fairways were in rough condition with visible tire tracks and worn spots from heavy cart traffic throughout...sometimes right up to the green (most likely from people knowing to avoid the cart paths altogether). Tee boxes weren't blown off, debris was everywhere on them and the blue tees had been set a yard from the back edge of the box. Greens were very bumpy and inconsistent. I found cigarette butts consistently throughout the course. No indication for pin placement on the scorecard or given by staff which made play difficult for a first time guest. There's not even a course map on the scorecard.

Even though this is one of the more reasonably priced courses in the Athens area, I wouldn't pay full price to play here again from my experience today...it would be tough to justify taking advantage of another discounted rate even.

Commented on 01/07/2020

Hello Justin, thank you for reviewing Lane Creek Golf Club. We're very sorry to hear you may have had a poor customer experience with us recently, and we appreciate your feedback so we may work on improvements for your future experience with us. We apologize for any miscommunication or misunderstanding in regards to your reservation and hope we can better clarify in the future if necessary. We hope you give us another chance to improve upon your previous visit and want to see you again soon.

Fun course that will not beat you up

A course that is less than 7000 yards from the tips. Offers several different tees to suit all abilities. The course is always in very good condition and is fun to play. The 7th hole is probably the best par 4 in northeast Georgia. Very reasonable rates and the staff is always friendly

Commented on 10/28/2019

Hello halsbeerandwine. Thanks for the review. We see you rated the course 1-star and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take single star feedback very serious at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Lane Creek Golf Club.

Decent value

Just a fun rural course that is good for the money.

Commented on 10/18/2019

Hi halsbeerandwine. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We see you rated the course 1-star and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take single star feedback very serious at our course. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Lane Creek Golf Club.

Course was great, staff was rude

Had a great time playing this course, the only issues was the guy in the clubhouse. He didn’t have very good customer service skills and got frustrated when I didn’t hear him mumble something to me three times and I asked what he was saying.

Commented on 10/08/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review Lane Creek Golf Club. We sorry to hear you may have had a negative experience with any individual on our staff. This is not acceptable and by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We welcome any further feedback as to why you gave 1 star and what we can do to improve.

Tees

I fell that the white tees were a little to far up today so the course was not as long we normally play blue tees but we had a beginner with us and did want him to fill out of place playing that far back but in all the course was great thanks for job well done

Fantastic course with excellent service

Lane Creek has been my course of choice since moving back to GA 5 years ago. The staff is super friendly and always willing to help. The course is kept in great condition and is the best value in Oconee and the surrounding counties. Kids are always welcome on the course and they have great camps in the summer for aspiring young golfers.

Well worth the money

This is a really nice course beautiful layout My dad used to talk about how much he liked this course now I know why
Its a really challenging course for the average golfer the greens were fast and by far the smoothest greens around

Has potential but needs work

Fairways and greens are always in good shape.
No bathrooms on course. The tee boxes need work. The cart paths are horrible. Not enough yardage markers. Not a fan of the layout. It’s normally $32 in the week which is worth that but I would not pay anything more. There are cheaper and better courses within 30 minutes of Athens.

Commented on 07/05/2019

Hello. Thank you for reviewing the course. Your feedback about the price of our course is important to us. We always want to make sure we are offering golfers a competitive price for their round. It is our goal to give visitors the best chance to get out and play more. Thank you for playing Lane Creek Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Not my favorite but the greens are good

The cart paths are horrible. It’s not very well marked as far as distances. Even on the par 3’s.
I’m not a fan of the layout. The tee boxes need work. The fairways are in good shape and the greens are good but a little bumpy. No bathrooms on the course. All of these problems could be fixed easily with a little time money and effort. It’s always packed so I’m not sure where the money is going. It’s not horrible for $32 but there are several other options within an hour that are cheaper and nicer.

Commented on 07/01/2019

Hi. We appreciate you taking the time to give a well thought out and detailed review. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Lane Creek Golf Club. We hope to see you again in the future.

Worth Playing

My first time at Lane Creek. Nice mix of tight and open holes. 5 tees to choose from, easy to find right length for your game. Conditions very nice & staff super friendly. Highly recommend to anyone, I'll be back.

Valid dates: Apr 03, 2020 - Oct 24, 2020
Sunriver Resort's Unlimited Stay & Play Golf Package includes unlimited play on Meadows, Woodlands or Caldera Links along with one round at the famed Crosswater Club per day during your stay. Better yet—your lodging is included! Two person, two night minimum stay required.