Year Built 1992
Fairways Bermuda
Greens Bent
Architect Mike Young

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Georgia (2017 #21)

Tees

I fell that the white tees were a little to far up today so the course was not as long we normally play blue tees but we had a beginner with us and did want him to fill out of place playing that far back but in all the course was great thanks for job well done

Fantastic course with excellent service

Lane Creek has been my course of choice since moving back to GA 5 years ago. The staff is super friendly and always willing to help. The course is kept in great condition and is the best value in Oconee and the surrounding counties. Kids are always welcome on the course and they have great camps in the summer for aspiring young golfers.

Well worth the money

This is a really nice course beautiful layout My dad used to talk about how much he liked this course now I know why
Its a really challenging course for the average golfer the greens were fast and by far the smoothest greens around

Has potential but needs work

Fairways and greens are always in good shape.
No bathrooms on course. The tee boxes need work. The cart paths are horrible. Not enough yardage markers. Not a fan of the layout. It’s normally $32 in the week which is worth that but I would not pay anything more. There are cheaper and better courses within 30 minutes of Athens.

Commented On 07/05/2019

Hello. Thank you for reviewing the course. Your feedback about the price of our course is important to us. We always want to make sure we are offering golfers a competitive price for their round. It is our goal to give visitors the best chance to get out and play more. Thank you for playing Lane Creek Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Not my favorite but the greens are good

The cart paths are horrible. It’s not very well marked as far as distances. Even on the par 3’s.
I’m not a fan of the layout. The tee boxes need work. The fairways are in good shape and the greens are good but a little bumpy. No bathrooms on the course. All of these problems could be fixed easily with a little time money and effort. It’s always packed so I’m not sure where the money is going. It’s not horrible for $32 but there are several other options within an hour that are cheaper and nicer.

Commented On 07/01/2019

Hi. We appreciate you taking the time to give a well thought out and detailed review. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Lane Creek Golf Club. We hope to see you again in the future.

Worth Playing

My first time at Lane Creek. Nice mix of tight and open holes. 5 tees to choose from, easy to find right length for your game. Conditions very nice & staff super friendly. Highly recommend to anyone, I'll be back.

Good short course for beginners

Played 9 holes, finishing in an hour and a half on a hot day. We were the only women on the course and naturally before starting some men mentioned that we would need to keep moving. The group behind us never waited but we waited a couple of times for the pair in front of us. Course was in good condition and we enjoyed the round. Will play here again, accepting blatant sexism as an unfortunate part of golf culture. Sigh.

Great staff, great course!

I have played this course dozens of times. I keep coming back because it’s a challenging layout at a great value. I played with two employees today, both were great guys. Played 18 holes in about 3 1/2 hrs. If you have not played this course put it on your list to play this summer. You won’t be disappointed!

Very good course and a great value

This course never fails to impress. Greens are very good, fairways can be challenging if you don’t hit the right spots and the length is fair for a weekend golfer.

Commented On 05/20/2019

Hello Dukjae. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Bargain

Good course. Waited too long to tee off. Will come back.

As I remembered

Hadn’t played here in some years and it was good to see that it has been maintained. Great tough layout and the greens were pretty fast.

The diamond in the rough

Great course! I love playing there because you can go low. It's a little on the short side but the layout is exceptional. Greens are always in good shape. Bunkers have plenty of sand. Range balls are decent too. It is sometimes hard to get a tee time in the mornings but since football season has started up more are available. And since its a popular course its usually busy. Which means the pace of play can sometimes be slow.
Shot 71 & 75 there today. It only cost me $10 to play another round. I will be back for more.......

Commented On 08/14/2019

Hi, thank you for taking the time to review the course. We take single star feedback very serious at our course. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Lane Creek Golf Club.

Ridiculous

When I got there for my 11:20 tee time at 10:40 I went to get a cart and there was only one. I cleaned all the trash out of it and checked the gas and went to check in, and get some range balls. While I was warming up the owner came and took my cart 10 minutes before my tee time, to give to the group of six in front of me,that’s right I said SIX!!! He said “we will get you out there eventually “ I was bewildered! I played 9 holes that only took about three and a half ours and had joined others as we were held up by the debacle in front of us. I left after 9 and went to the UGA golf course and had awesome time. I love lane creeks course but every thing else could use some work, it’s like the Wild West out there.

Commented On 07/16/2019

Hi, Buck. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. The situation with the cart and group ahead of you is not acceptable and by no means the standard we strive to achieve. Thanks for visiting Lane Creek Golf Club. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Really fun course.

Really fun course in good shape. Greens are super quick and pretty tricky. They force you to take your time. Fairways are in great condition and rough is unless you get too far to the sides. I hope to play here a few more times.

I’ve moved to this area six months ago and am playing courses within an hours’ drive. There are many very good to excellent courses in my area but I keep coming back to Lane Creek, only six miles from my house! The course is in excellent shape considering the amount of rain and cold weather these past two months. This is probably my 10th time playing and I play 1-2 times a week.

mzbc123

Played using a website deal, great price. Course in good to great shape, greens a little fast. They were blowing leaves off the course. Course is a fun course, not to hard & always in good shape from tee boxes to greens. Nice driving range also. Watch for good deals on various golf sites. Would not pay full price, but try not to pay full price on any course. Compare this course to some of my other favorites, The Chimneys & Chicopee Woods.

Sunday funday

Course in great shape greens fast and true need some work on tee boxes they are a little bare

Great golf course

Played twice in last 8 days. Fun course Nd good layout always in good shape.
The only thing stopping 5 stars are greens are too slowwww the staff does a great job and be sure to put this course on your play list

Valid dates: Sep 16, 2019 - Mar 31, 2020