Lane Creek Golf Club

Year Built 1992
Fairways Bermuda
Greens Bent
Architect Mike Young

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Georgia (2017 #21)

Worth Playing

My first time at Lane Creek. Nice mix of tight and open holes. 5 tees to choose from, easy to find right length for your game. Conditions very nice & staff super friendly. Highly recommend to anyone, I'll be back.

Good short course for beginners

Played 9 holes, finishing in an hour and a half on a hot day. We were the only women on the course and naturally before starting some men mentioned that we would need to keep moving. The group behind us never waited but we waited a couple of times for the pair in front of us. Course was in good condition and we enjoyed the round. Will play here again, accepting blatant sexism as an unfortunate part of golf culture. Sigh.

Great staff, great course!

I have played this course dozens of times. I keep coming back because it’s a challenging layout at a great value. I played with two employees today, both were great guys. Played 18 holes in about 3 1/2 hrs. If you have not played this course put it on your list to play this summer. You won’t be disappointed!

Very good course and a great value

This course never fails to impress. Greens are very good, fairways can be challenging if you don’t hit the right spots and the length is fair for a weekend golfer.

Commented on 05/20/2019

Hello Dukjae. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Bargain

Good course. Waited too long to tee off. Will come back.

Challenging course

Great course, keeps you on your toes. A lot of difficult holes that require some accurate shots. You need to keep it in the fairway to shoot a good round. We play it every Thanksgiving. The greens run true and are in great shape.

As I remembered

Hadn’t played here in some years and it was good to see that it has been maintained. Great tough layout and the greens were pretty fast.

The diamond in the rough

Great course! I love playing there because you can go low. It's a little on the short side but the layout is exceptional. Greens are always in good shape. Bunkers have plenty of sand. Range balls are decent too. It is sometimes hard to get a tee time in the mornings but since football season has started up more are available. And since its a popular course its usually busy. Which means the pace of play can sometimes be slow.
Shot 71 & 75 there today. It only cost me $10 to play another round. I will be back for more.......

Commented on 08/14/2019

Hi, thank you for taking the time to review the course. We take single star feedback very serious at our course. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Lane Creek Golf Club.

Ridiculous

When I got there for my 11:20 tee time at 10:40 I went to get a cart and there was only one. I cleaned all the trash out of it and checked the gas and went to check in, and get some range balls. While I was warming up the owner came and took my cart 10 minutes before my tee time, to give to the group of six in front of me,that’s right I said SIX!!! He said “we will get you out there eventually “ I was bewildered! I played 9 holes that only took about three and a half ours and had joined others as we were held up by the debacle in front of us. I left after 9 and went to the UGA golf course and had awesome time. I love lane creeks course but every thing else could use some work, it’s like the Wild West out there.

Commented on 07/16/2019

Hi, Buck. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. The situation with the cart and group ahead of you is not acceptable and by no means the standard we strive to achieve. Thanks for visiting Lane Creek Golf Club. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Really fun course.

Really fun course in good shape. Greens are super quick and pretty tricky. They force you to take your time. Fairways are in great condition and rough is unless you get too far to the sides. I hope to play here a few more times.

I’ve moved to this area six months ago and am playing courses within an hours’ drive. There are many very good to excellent courses in my area but I keep coming back to Lane Creek, only six miles from my house! The course is in excellent shape considering the amount of rain and cold weather these past two months. This is probably my 10th time playing and I play 1-2 times a week.

mzbc123

Played using a website deal, great price. Course in good to great shape, greens a little fast. They were blowing leaves off the course. Course is a fun course, not to hard & always in good shape from tee boxes to greens. Nice driving range also. Watch for good deals on various golf sites. Would not pay full price, but try not to pay full price on any course. Compare this course to some of my other favorites, The Chimneys & Chicopee Woods.

Sunday funday

Course in great shape greens fast and true need some work on tee boxes they are a little bare

Great golf course

Played twice in last 8 days. Fun course Nd good layout always in good shape.
The only thing stopping 5 stars are greens are too slowwww the staff does a great job and be sure to put this course on your play list

To the guys on the lawn mowers

What the heck. On about 5 holes, two guys on mowers decided the fairway needed to be mowed at 1 pm. They never stopped, waited, or even cut the motor off. They just mowed right around us, back and fourth. We’d go to the next hole and here they come and do it again. Very unprofessional, rude, and dangerous.

Great Greens!

The course was fun! Hosted one of the nicest and friendliest staffs. The greens were quick (not super fast) and in great shape!

Lane Creek-hopefully will get to play here again someday.

Was in the area visiting family. Found this on GolfNow and had a good price. It is a bit rural and therefore mildly harder to arrive at the course but that actually is beneficial. The course was beautiful and in wonderful condition! Challenging enough but not daunting! Loved it!

Blind Golfing for the First Timer

Course was in good shape, greens were a bit fast. Biggest complaint was there weren't any kind of descriptions of the holes as you went along, not on the scorecard or the hole markers so we had no idea on some holes where the green was. Also, no signs along the cart path so we weren't sure where to go, luckily we only missed one hole of the 18.

Response from on 10/11/2018:
Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Lane Creek Golf Course, in the Bishop, Georgia area. We are sorry to see that you may have had a poor customer experience with us and that the course may not have been in the best shape when you played. Any additional feedback is greatly appreciated so that we can improve your experience with us in the future. Thank you for choosing to golf with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Valid dates: Jan 21, 2020 - Jan 31, 2022
Stay at Solitude Inn on the Green and play one of the best course in SE Michigan, Solitude Links Golf Course. Learn more.