2.4

Year Built 1992
Architect Mike Young

Golf Simulator Yes

Single Allowed No
Dress code Proper golf attire.

• Golf Advisor: Top 25 Value Courses in the U.S. (2015 #12)

Nothing special for the money

Course was in decent condition given the recent rain. There’s a few interesting holes but nothing especially memorable. The greens were the highlight with generally interesting but fair contouring. Thought the course was a bit overpriced.

Terrible customer service

Would not recommend to anyone. I called to make a tee time at 3:30, as it was the only time my visiting friend could play. Nobody told me on the phone that the carts needed to be in at 6:30. I arrived at the course and the golf staff asked in a derogatory tone if we both had clubs because we cannot use one set. We obviously said we did. Again, nobody mentioned carts being turned in at 6:30. Due to weather, we could not tee off until 4. We made the turn at 6:10 with still over 2 hours of daylight to play. Halfway through #10, the cart boy told us the carts needed to be in the clubhouse in 10 minutes. Nobody told us about this until we had paid $55 and played only half of our round. Upon requesting a refund for the golf we could not complete, we were told to leave our numbers with the staff to get a call back. One call was made to my phone. I had to call twice to request my refund and still never received a refund or any compensation.

As for the course itself, it was in mediocre shape. Greens were bouncy and unreliable. I would not recommend this course to anyone. The customer service was unbelievable. I do not write reviews for anything, but due to the lack of customer service and absolutely nothing being done for reimbursement, not to mention the over priced golf for a sub par course, something had to be said. I hope someone can read this and take their game somewhere else.

Great Turn Around at H.O.

I am a local and have played this course for over 15 years. There were times I would not play - or even recommend that others play - because of the poor conditions of the course. Then the previous owner tricked it up into circus style target golf. In short many stopped playing the course and went to other venues.

The new owner and has put much thought ($$) into the course. Most importantly he hired an amazing greens keeper who has completely changed the look and quality of the layout. The result has been a top-notch gem in the Golden Isles that I would recommend over any track in this area. It is not a bomber's course even from the blue tees but there are more than a few opportunities to hit it long and score. But the driver probably won't be a staple off the tee. The greens are in excellent shape. If you are playing for the first time consider hitting to the 150 marker rather than trying to bomb off the tee. Carts are quality with the GPS being a nice bonus in getting yard ages. Hats off to the owner and staff for really turning this course around!

Great greens.

The course is in great condition. Only one hole is temporarily closed.

Commented on 04/27/2016

Thank you gbjaudon1 for your recent review. Our golf course superintendent and his assistant and the whole golf course maintenance staff have been doing a great job!!!

Southern Charm

Heritage Oaks is a fine example of southern style living with a great golf. Layout is challenging for all levels of players. Making new tee boxes, greens to upgrade and improve course. This course is a keeper.

somewhere between houses is a golf course

I knew course was in a housing development but almost every hole you traveled between houses and across a road. Course layout is nothing special and greens were punched a week ago. Greens were slow and many in poor shape. Staff and golfers friendly.

Rude Staff

The starter and the mens group decided to make jokes when one in our party hit a bad tee shot off one.

The club house staff is rude and only caters to the regulars.

fns redsign is coming well

Do enjoy the new work being done and we be a pleasure to play when its matured out

Commented on 04/02/2016

u558275626!!! Please come back and play another round when you are in the area. Have a great summer!

A Nice Saturday Afternoon

First of all the address that came with my GolfNow confirmation was wrong. It took me to a private house. Luckily it was in the same development where the course was. That being said, let's talk the course. The course is nice. You can see improvements are going on. There are 2 tees which are elevated , which i loved. The greens however where average at best. They look to be going in the right direction though. There was no starter and i started as a single. I tried to pair up with other groups but was rebuffed. As a result pace of play was slow. i would have rather played with someone who had played the course before. as a result i found trouble because i didn't know where any of the hazards were. Carts had gps which was nice. I'll play again when in the area again.

RETIRED

FRONT SIDE GREENS NOT VERY GOOD, BACK SIDE

BETTER

Hello holeinone91,
Thank you for your comment. We have purchased 5 walk-behind mowers and the cut is very much improved. Our stimpmeter reading is 9.5 and as the warmer weather helps the bermuda and our goal is a stimpmeter reading of 10.0 to 10.5.

Had a good time

The course was in pretty good shape considering all the rain on the course the previous month. Warm weather and growing season will make this course just beautiful.

Hello digger1949,

Thank you for your recent comment. We have recently purchased new Walk mowers for the greens in an effort to get very smooth and quicker. There has also been a lot of drainage work being done. Please come back and play when you are back in this area.

This is changing for the better!

There are several hole layouts that have been recently changed or are in the process of being renovated. Hole #10 has the most impact in my opinion. Two new elevated tee boxes give the course a fresh look. Well done, Heritage Oaks!

Hello sbcpankey,

In the last 8 months we have laid 60 truckloads of new sod, laser leveled all of our tee boxes, completely rebuilt #10 fairway and green. Glad you noticed the upgrades!!!
Please come back and play soon!

challenging but fair

very nice doing lots of upgrading would play again

Great Potential--Under Construction

I've played Heritage Oaks 3 times over the past 6 months, and every time the course is in better shape. They have made major landscaping improvements and major changes to the course layout--new elevated tee boxes for the gold & white tees, and restructuring some water hazards. Hole #10 was closed when I played with my boyfriend on 1/3/16, but you can play a little Par 3 island green by the driving range to kind of make up for it. Fairways & greens well manicured except for the recent construction. The price could be a little better given that a hole is closed--$39 was a little steep compared with $33 to play Sea Palms on St. Simons Island and $30 to play Oleander on Jekyll Island. When they were charging $15 to $25 over the summer, I'd give the course 5 stars for value.

Terrible Greems

Played two days after Christmas, and it looked like the greens hadn't been cut since before the holiday. Putting was a joke and a bad one at that. Layout is decent and fairways were okay. Tee boxes need some work and were equally shaggy. It could have been an enjoyable day but for the condition of the greens. 10th hole was out of play due to construction. Played the 100-yard island green 19th instead.

Old Course, Very Nice

This is one of the original courses on Jekyll Island. Very very small greens, no cart path, (Drive on fairway), good condition. Lots of fun...alligators and all!

Commented on 01/17/2016

Hello,

Heritage Oaks GC is not located on Jekyll Island. I believe your review should be for Great Dunes maybe?

A thinking course

First time playing this course keeps you guessing. Not always sure the best landing areas so you have to pay attention. Hitting the fairway is a must! Loved the course and will go back now I have a better idea of lay up locations. They need to put better marking from hole to hole, got lost a couple of times.

WORK IN PROGRESS

It appears that the course is in the middle of a renovation. One tee box is the highest point in Glynn County. Thankfully, much of the marsh grass has been removed. It will be a great course once all renovations are complete..

Needs Some Work

The greens remain a problem. A number of them had been sanded. Putting is a more of "which way will ball bounce". I wish they would spend $$ on the greens instead of the "super raised tee boxes".

first time playing there

our first time. course was under some construction, will be fabulous when done. some challenging holes, plenty of water, and other hazards. nice course for the money. will play there whenever we visit brunswick. watch for gators on water holes, they are there. when hole 10 is completed with the upgrades, it will be nice. overseeded just completed, but greens putted well. wife shot her best score there, so it is friendly for the ladies. island green at the end did give you 18 holes since 10 is under construction. enjoy!

Brunswick, Georgia
Waverly, Georgia
Sea Island, Georgia

Valid dates: Apr 04, 2020 - Sep 30, 2020
Here at Coachman's Golf Resort we pride ourselves on the high quality of magnificent golf, superb amenities and outstanding service that we offer our valued customers.