Chalet Hills Golf Club

Year Built 1995
Fairways Bent
Greens Bent
Architect Ken Killian

A great bonus round at an wonderful course!

We don’t play golf in December north of Chicago, but we had another mid 50 weather day! With all the rain the day before, the course was wet, but definitely playable!

Chalet Hills is a fun, challenging course. Unfortunately, the egocentric hackers who insist on teeing from the tips as they progress slowly around the course dampens the fun. The lack of rangers have been an issue here, but hard to have them in late December.

Commented on 01/03/2020

Hi GolfDawg54. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Chalet Hills Golf Club.

Chalet Hills in Cary IL

Great course and with snow melting only the day before, we could not imagine how well it had drained and the excellent fall shape of the course.

Commented on 12/06/2019

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us, u702811138. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round!

Anonymous
Plays Twice a year

Great course.

Had a nice time during the round. A frost issue pushed all times back, so it turned into a 5 and a half hour round which is a bit crazy. The cart path was also in really bad shape. Especially on some of those sharp turns and steep inclines.

Commented on 10/21/2019

Hello, u5282549. Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon at Chalet Hills Golf Club!

Commented on 10/21/2019

Hello, kimyounjun. Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon at Chalet Hills Golf Club!

Commented on 10/21/2019

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us, kimyounjun. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round!

Played on a wet Saturday

Half the holes were cart path only so play was a bit slow. The greens are fast and good there. The only real complaint is that they had a special for $35 but we paid $55 in early October since we booked online and the front desk wouldn't give us the difference. Bummer.

Commented on 10/11/2019

Thank you for visiting us at Chalet Hills Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 10/11/2019

Thank you for your review, uKRSI4335KR. We would love to know how we can earn those last two stars next time!

Tough but good

Lots of risk reward shots on this course. Usually in good condition and pretty good pace of play most of the time, have probably played this course around 20 times. Has come down in price though various deals and such as well.

Good course to play if you like a challenge!

Commented on 09/06/2019

We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Chalet Hills Golf Club!

Almost like a private

This course would get a legit 5 star if it weren’t for the slow play. I was a single, tee’d off at 9:45 and didn’t finish til 2:30. This course is almost immaculate and I have nothing but positive things to say about everything except the pace of play and lack of rangers to “encourage” faster play or allowing others to play through. Then again, I did play 2 balls because of the waiting which essentially gave me 36 holes for the price of 18. If you’ve never played it, try it out, it’s definitely worth the $35 weekday rate

Commented on 09/05/2019

Hi, thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the delay of play during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. Please be assured that we are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make the necessary improvements before your next round with us. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Chalet Hills Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Very slow pace of play, took us 5 hours 15 minutes. Nice course but wouldn’t go back because of this.

Commented on 08/13/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Chalet Hills Golf Club. We hope to see you again in the future.

Sleeping giant

Those of you who haven’t played this course are truly missing out of a wonderful golf experience. Here lies a great layout that will test all your shot making skills. Bring your A game.

Commented on 08/08/2019

Thank you for your review, jpevitts. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Chalet Hills Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Enjoyable

Had an enjoyable time on the course. Still don’t understand how this course can’t have cart paths that are paved. There is also too many areas where carts aren’t allowed which requires bringing multiple clubs to the ball.

Commented on 07/30/2019

Hi. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Chalet Hills!

Cary Holds the Best Gems

Tee time: 3:48 on a Friday ($25). If you like great golf, look no further than Cary, IL. Chalet Hills and Foxford Hills are beautiful and two of my favorite tracks in the Chicagoland area. I love Chalet because it is well kept, challenging, and forces you to use every club in your bag. No two holes are alike! Similar to others, my only complaint is that there is no driving range and the carts do not have GPS. Living in Chicago, I don't get to play this course often, but when I do it's a huge treat. It's time I move out of the city so I can start playing Chalet Hills (and Foxford Hills) on the regular.

Great Value

This is a tough course with a lot of undulation. Unlike most courses in IL. Great value for the course. Greens and fairways consistently in very good shape The course needs some money put in to extra maintenance to improve the looks and some playability in spots. Could be one of the great courses in the state. Friendly staff. Highly recommend.

First attempt

The course was really well kept and had a lot of fun water features. As a new golfer I was told to play from the green markers but found I was much better off playing from the white tees. The only complaints I have was no driving range to warm up and the pace was way too slow due to a large group. Other than that I am going back for more.

Commented on 07/23/2019

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We always aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement and will use your comments as guidance. Thank you for playing Chalet Hills Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon!

Anonymous
Commented on 07/18/2019

Hello. Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon.

Cary, Illinois
Cary, Illinois
4.4682058824
North Barrington, Illinois

Valid dates: Mar 02, 2020 - May 24, 2020
Experience extraordinary play on five fully renovated championship courses boasting pristine conditions. This spring, villa accommodations start at just $241/person/night—or you can upgrade to The Sanctuary from $453/person/night (midweek).