Woodland Hills Golf Club
Scorecard for Woodland Hills Golf Club At Carter Grove
Blue M: 69.6/125 W: 75.2/137 352 380 165 390 503 426 387 160 413 3176 456 510 225 364 174 477 193 386 459 3244 6420
White M: 67.9/117 W: 72.7/131 339 362 139 368 490 412 362 135 390 2997 418 486 183 339 155 463 175 371 426 3016 6013
Gold M: 66.1/112 W: 70.5/125 323 353 130 310 480 397 344 101 326 2764 340 431 167 321 147 451 160 353 410 2780 5544
Red M: 63.7/106 W: 67.8/112 300 302 128 301 440 330 290 90 321 2502 305 428 127 258 93 317 122 333 356 2339 4841

Year Built 1978
Architect David Bingman

Clubs No

Walking Allowed Yes, on Weekdays and Weekends after 1:00PM
Dress code Proper golfing attire is required. Tee shirts & denim apparel are not allowed.

Course was in great shape, pace of play was excellent, we played in less than 4 hours with a foursome on Saturday morning at 8 am.

Great course, course use some little things.

Great course I enjoy playing every chance I get. Tight fairways reward good drives and crush bad/center drives. Hilly fairways and great use of the rolling terrain create tricky shots even from good drives, (screw you #9). Greens are in great shape and I always see the groundskeeping staff working something to tweak or repair the course.

Slow play is a bit of an issue during high volume times. More pro-active Marshall’s would help with that. I’ve got no problem with beginning golfers learning (we’ve all been there). And one of the most important rules is not hold up play.

Drinking water on the course is an issue. There are two water points and two bathrooms with water on the course. Not so much a big deal on the front nine, since they are spaced out evenly but it’s a big deal on the back when the first water point is at 14 followed by another at 15.

All in all great course and reasonably priced. Will challenge most golfers..

No Marshall, big problem

So this is a nice course, i think. Aesthetically, looks a bit more like an HOA suburb and the holes are right on top of each other. The 10th and 11th holes are littered with range balls because the range literally hits into them. Pace of play was a disaster, and i had the group before us hit into us repeatedly - while still on the fairway and when on the green, and they weren’t blind shots; marshall didnt care, and they were uber aggressive about it.
Pretty challenging course, but its tough to get going because the wait between shots was so long, and none of the golfers remotely tried to pick up the play, and nobody was telling them to, either.
This is a nice-ish course, but very poorly managed. The bar consists of five whiskeys - three bourbons, a scotch, Canadian and Tennessee and literally no other types of liquor. Three different beer types, and no coolers allowed or provided - just a cheap grocery bag full of half melted ice, my beers were warm already, and hot by the turn.
Maybe I caught them on a bad day, but it doesnt make me want to play here again.

Hot deal

Played at noontime, so it was hot! Course was it great shape for the most part. Fairways were really good as long as you stayed on path, of course I didn’t. Greens were very fast but in great shape. All in all I had a wonderful time.

Won't go back

My friends and I (4 total) decided to play Woodland hills because it was midway between where we all live and it was a decent price. Course was easy to find and in decent shape. However, we will not be returning to play another round. 100% due to the harassment and argumentative nature of the starter/marshal on the course.

Our start time was at 11:10am. We were there on time and ready to go with the starter. For some reason a threesome got to jump ahead of us and take our tee time. No big deal as we figured they might have been scheduled before us, but were just running late. So we tee off at about 11:25. We saw them for the first two holes, but naturally, 3 people can typically play faster than 4. So by hole 3, we did not see them again. However, we did see the marshal and starter about 4 times during the front 9. They seemed to be watching us very closely the whole time.

At the turn (not exactly sure what time it was), we decide to stop and grab a drink and a snack. As soon as we pull up, we get stopped by the marshal and are told that our pace of play is much too slow, causing a major backup on the entire course. We explain to him that we don't believe that we are the issue as we had not seen the group behind us at all after we hole 1. He asks us when was the last time we saw the group in front of us. We tell him we hadn't seen them since the 3rd hole, but that they only have 3 with them. He continues to tell us we are the issue and asked us to go ahead and skip 10 and go straight to 11.

We told him that we would do whatever they wanted, but that we were in no way causing a slow down on the course. We explained to him that we were playing 2v2 best ball, and had shot a 40 and 44 on the front. He didn't seem to care and made the request once again to have us skip 10. We told him we would, but it would be the last time we ever play there. He told us that he wasn't trying to ruin our day, but wanted to make it fun for everyone playing that day. We told him that was fine, but didn't change that we thought he was incorrect.

3 of our 4 go inside to get food and drinks. It takes approx 10 min because they were busy inside. During this time, our 4th that stayed out there mentioned to the marshal that we'd talk to him about the situation for 10 min and we'd been inside for about 10 min, yet nobody behind us that had caught up. Our 4th asked him to just go check to where they were. He agrees and sees that even after approx 20 min after he stopped us, the group behind us was just getting to the 9th tee box.

He came back and apologized to our 4th and told us that he was wrong. Told us to just keep doing how we were doing and go to 10 like normal. Ended the round at 4:05pm. Meaning we took about 4.5 hours to play 18, including the 20 min we spend with him at the turn.

Overall, it rubbed all of us the wrong way as all they wanted to do was tell us to hurry. Didn't really care what we were saying. Would have been a pleasant day had this not occurred.

WH

Greens in nice shape. Fairways a bit softer due to recent rain, but still fairly firm. A few tee boxes could use some grass, but overall course in good shape.

Fine course/ great GN value

Nothing I can say that's unfavorable. Nice layout, fairways great and tee boxes and green good. With a 12:00 start we finished in 4 hours with no one in front of us despite way too many strokes. Fairways quite ample and not tight, If you can hit the ball not overly-crooked and avoid water penalty strokes one could score pretty decent here--------we didn't. Liked they had some sprinklers on trying to maintain course in during this very hot stretch. Be happy to make Woodland Hills a regular play, nice course in good shape. And Oh how much nicer it its when its not a cart path only day.

Tricky

The course was in good shape and the pace of play was excellent. I used a hot deal and had a $10 off credit so I only paid eight dollars to play it.

The course is very short and has a lot of blind shots. It was not the type of layout I enjoy. On one par 4 I had a hit nine iron off the tee to lay up short of some junk and then another nine iron to the green.

For the money I paid it was fantastic. However, I wouldn’t pay more than $15.

u8005548
Commented On 06/11/2019

Yes its not a long course but you "layed up" with a 9 and then hit another 9 to the green on a par 4----I really doubt that or you should quit playing the ladies tees if you that great. 9 out of 10 would say this fine , well-conditioned course is a bargain at a $15-- go instead and pay $12 for a large bucket of balls

Played 18 in less than four hours. Tee time was at 12:30.The golf course was in excellent condition.

course and greens

The course really well fairways were in good condition. The greens were slow and had not completely healed up .

Great course, hidden gem. Good course for the value.

Great Value

The course is getting better every round. Fairways still not grown up.
Group of 7 held up play on back 9.

Nice Course, But Slow.

I hadn't played here in 4 or 5 years and was glad to be playing the course again because I always liked the tight, challenging layout. The greens are relatively small, but well maintained. It was a nice day for golf on a nice golf course. Bunkers are also well maintained. I don't mind hitting out of a bunker as long as I'm hitting out of sand, not mud. The flowers were still in bloom too, which really added to the scenery on an already pleasant track.
Play was slow because there were no marshals directing traffic and we had a group of 4 skip in front of us on #14 and our play almost ground to a virtual standstill. They were playing very slow, hitting multiple balls off the tee box, and generally messing around. I see a lot of that on golf courses these days. If you want to have a party, throw a barbecue in your back yard, don't hold your social on the golf course. I'm out there to play golf. Play golf or get out of the way.

Joe Forrester

Nice course Greens and fairways in great condition. Great Job all around.

Valid dates: May 26, 2020 - Jul 12, 2020