Highland Golf Club

3.2222000000 3.2 stars from 5 (117)

Caddies: No

Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard Welcomed

Location is in the 'burbs   Great for locals   Challenges include water hazards bunkers   Great for drinks

"Disappointment"

u229198058's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/02/2016

This course does meet projected expectations. Weeds in the tee box and general look is unkept. Not worth the drive and will not be returning.

"Bad Shape"

Robb8226204's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/21/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Fair weather

This course could be so much better and fun. The greens are terrible, they are almost unplayable. Can't really tell the difference between the fairway and rough, even in winter there are a lot on bad areas. The staff however was very friendly and helpful, good bar with good food. With some work on this course it could be a star.

Commented on 03/09/2016

We appreciate the feedback and we are actively working on the course conditions. We are glad to hear you enjoyed our staff, bar, and food! We hope to see you back soon so we can provide a fully satisfying experience!

"Course needs A lot of work"

Todd7422076's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/20/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

Cons - Course needs a lot of work... the greens are about as bad as you can find anywhere..

Pros - The pace of play was not bad considering we tee'd off around 11:30 on a Saturday. The weather was fantastic and enjoyed my time with my buddies. Stopped in at the Pro Shop and had what was possibly the best chicken salad sandwich I've ever had in my life.

Commented on 03/02/2016

We appreciate the feedback and we are actively working on the course conditions. In regards to the chicken salad sandwich - agreed!

"Damaged Course"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/31/2015
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Average weather Verified Purchaser

The course is rapidly deteriorating. The rains seem to have taken a toll on it with washed out cart paths. The greens are damaged, probably eaten out by bugs in spots, but where there was turf, the roll was pretty good. Fairways are not too bad, but you could get a ball sitting in a hole/depression. I like to play the ball where it lies and these lies in the fairways made for some mishits.

Quality of food & beverage: Fair

Commented on 11/06/2015

We appreciate you coming to play and we appreciate your feedback. We are actively working on the conditions and hope that you will return soon.

"Hot deal is a steal"

Cody8288704's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/01/2015

Nice course and layout. Greens had some wear but probably due to current weather and late in season. Some challenging spots throughout the round. This course is fun and has some nice views. Worth the hot deal price.

Commented on 10/09/2015

Thank you for playing with us and for taking the time to fill out a review! We hope to see you again soon!

"Areas need work"

williambthore's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/23/2015

Greens need some work weather has hurt them badly but overall was fun to play

Quality of food & beverage: Excellent

Commented on 10/02/2015

We appreciate the feedback and we are glad that you enjoyed your round with us!

"Course coming along"

johnislj's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/07/2015

The heat has been hard on the greens but they appear to be trying to come back. The staff is working on improving the greens and the ruff. I enjoy playing here.veru nice staff very friendly and helpful.

Commented on 09/11/2015

Thanks for the review. We are, like you said, actively working on the conditions. We hope to see you again soon.

"Will never play here again."

Brian6576023's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/07/2015

Worst course conditions i have ever seen. Greens are terrible and the fairways are worse. The rough looks like it has not been cut in over a month.

Commented on 09/11/2015

"Greens or waste areas?"

mygnfresno's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/30/2015

All the greens are in the worse condition I've seen. Just damaged areas filled with sand everywhere. Nice part is, you don't have to clean your ball before putting because it won't matter. It's a joke for the price they're charging for a course in this condition.

Commented on 09/04/2015

"Dusappointed"

tcolburn11's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/29/2015

The course is in very poor condition at this time. The greens were in the worst condition I've ever seen. I usually like this course but I do not recommend playing it at this time.

Commented on 09/04/2015

We appreciate the feedback and would like you to know that we are actively working on the course conditions. We appreciate your business.

"Poor customer service"

new71's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/23/2015

It rained really bad around my tee time. Could not get anyone on the phone to until after the rain stopped. Customer service was really bad. Range balls was so worn to where they wasn't even hitable.

Commented on 08/28/2015

We appreciate the feedback and would like to learn more about your experience. Please send us an email at HighlandGolfGA@Gmail.com.

"Play here regularly"

BigDre73's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/14/2015

A good and peaceful round after work. Definitely great value for the money...Greens leave something to be desired but just needing to get out for a quick round, they're manageable....

Commented on 08/28/2015

Thanks for taking the time to fill out a review. You know what they say: "A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day in office". We hope to see you again soon!

"My favorite course"

pendermi's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/09/2015
Previously played Used cart Average weather

Today I had no problems locating my golf balls in the rough. The staff did a good job addressing that issue. My partner and I landed on the green and he asked me, "Is this the bunker or the green?"

Commented on 08/14/2015

We appreciate the feedback and we are working very hard to return the course to its usual excellent shape. Come back and see us again soon!

"Greens were poorly maintained"

hakijackson's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/02/2015
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Played 9 holes Average weather Verified Purchaser

The putting greens were in very bad shape. The rough on the side of the fairways, and on the side of the green had very high grass which made it impossible to find your balls if you didn't hit it in the center.

Commented on 08/07/2015

We appreciate you taking the time to review our course. We are working very hard on the course conditions and hope to see them start improving very soon.

"The course is laid out okay"

John3460448's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/31/2015

The course need more landscape maintenance upkeep such as mowing of the high grass in some areas on the fairways and around the greens....add white sand to the sand traps as well...

Commented on 08/07/2015

Thanks for the feedback. We are actively working on course conditions and will be laying down a spray to help combat against the high grass growth.

"Good for the money"

Kasey5293219's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/16/2015
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

We played on a hot deal for $10 so it was great price regardless of course conditions. The fairways and tee boxes were in good condition. The greens were sketchy. Some were okay, but they are probably going to lose a few of them this summer by the appearance. Slow greens, but playable for the most part. The rough was the shocking part of the round. All of it was 3"-8" high. It slowed down the round because you could not find your ball unless you were directly over it. You would be walking around the rough just off the fairway looking for your ball and you would find 2 or 3 other balls that other golfers abandoned. That made it challenging.

Commented on 08/03/2015

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review and we appreciate the feedback. We are actively working on the rough situation and will be putting down a spray to help with ball-finding conditions. We hope to see you again!

"NEED TO CUT THE GRASS"

Bryant1412132's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/16/2015
Previously played Paired up at course Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

I had the same problem the last two times I have played this course. I looked and lost balls just off the fairway due to the grass being two high. Balls that should have been easy to find. The pace of the game was slowed down tremendously just because of this situation. The grass around bunkers were ridiculously too long also. Love the layout of this course, but dont expect to have too much fun when you spend so much time looking for balls JUST OFF THE FAIRWAY!!!

Commented on 08/03/2015

We are sorry you have had a hard time finding your balls. We are actively working on the rough situation and will be putting down a spray to help with ball-finding conditions.

"Needs some TLC"

Brian2349852's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/12/2015

I picked up a Hot Deal for this course and that will probably be the only way I would go back again. The staff is very friendly and the layout has some challenges, but the fairways and toughs are in bad shape with a handful of greens that are close to unplayable. The pace of play was very good.

Commented on 08/03/2015

Thanks for checking us out! We are actively working on the course conditions and hope to have the rough thinned out soon. We appreciate the feedback.

"The course was in good shape. The rough was a bit too high, lost 2 balls just off the fairway"

golfer1949's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/09/2015
Previously played Played as a single Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

overall condition of the course was good but the rough was too high. I lost 2 balls just off the fairway

Commented on 08/03/2015

We're glad you enjoyed the round and found the course in good shape. We are actively working on the rough situation and will be putting down a spray to help with ball-finding conditions. We hope to see you again soon!

"Need to play the course again."

tondavi's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/05/2015
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

We've had a great amount of rain prior to playing the course. Sand traps were flooded,the ruff was U.S. Open deep,understandably so due to the weather. a lil love and no rain it can be a great course! I am going to play it again.

Quality of food & beverage: Excellent

Commented on 08/03/2015

Sorry Mother Nature wasn't cooperating during your round with us. C'mon back and give it a go on a sunny day soon! Thanks for taking the time to review our track.