West Pines Golf Club

Year Built 1965
Architect Bill Bergin

Credit Cards Accepted Amex MasterCard Visa Discover card(s) Welcomed
Dress code Proper golf attire required, Collared Shirts, Bermuda Length Shorts, No Cut Offs

Response from West Pines Golf Club on 06/28/2018:
Hello, we're happy you enjoyed a quick pace of play and an excellent value. Thank you for playing West Pines Golf Club! #WestPinesGC

Good course with lots of elevation.

Great course that’s challenging but fair. New Bermuda greens are in great shape. A lot of forced layups which requires course management.

Response from West Pines Golf Club on 06/26/2018:
Hello, we're happy you enjoyed our challenging course layout and great course conditions. Thank you for playing West Pines Golf Club! #WestPinesGC
Response from West Pines Golf Club on 06/22/2018:
Hello, we're happy you enjoyed our great course conditions and an excellent value. Thank you for playing West Pines Golf Club! #WestPinesGC

Fn and challenging course

West Pines was in pretty good shape with the greens running true. It was hot and humid and I played in the afternoon so the greens were drying out and running at a pretty good speed, a a little bumpy (between the heat and looked like there was still some sand still on the green from recent top dressing). I'm an 18 handicap and found the course a pretty good challenge and a lot of fun from the white tees. It offered hills, water, marsh and each hole presented a different challenge and required you to think not just try and hit a club as far as you can. Really enjoyed the course and would play it anytime!

Response from West Pines Golf Club on 06/20/2018:
Hello, we're glad you enjoyed our good course conditions and challenging layout. Thank you for playing West Pines Golf Club! #WestPinesGC
Response from West Pines Golf Club on 06/18/2018:
Hello, we're glad you enjoyed our friendly staff and a great value. Thank you for playing West Pines Golf Club! #WestPinesGC

West Pines

We haven't played the WP course in a few months and it was in good shape, the club house remodeling looks good. We will play again after the greens have taken in.

Response from West Pines Golf Club on 06/15/2018:
Hello, we're happy you enjoyed our good course conditions and a quick pace of play. Thank you for playing West Pines Golf Club, we look forward to welcoming you back soon! #WestPinesGC

First time there and my group was impressed. Greens were fantastic, fairways were great as well. Lot of elevation changes and a pretty tight course overall, but was very fun. We are making plans to play again soon! Give this one a try for yourself.

Response from West Pines Golf Club on 06/15/2018:
Hello, we're happy you enjoyed our fantastic greens and fun course layout. Thank you for playing West Pines Golf Club! #WestPinesGC

Fantastic greens

I took a chance to go out to Douglasville and I was quite pleased with what I found. The Bermuda greens were in excellent shape most of the fairways played really well and was quite impressed with the overall conditions for this daily fee course. If you’re in the Atlanta region I strongly suggest you check out this place. For the money this is definitely a good deal for anyone looking for a good a good test.

Response from West Pines Golf Club on 06/13/2018:
Hello, we're glad you enjoyed our excellent course conditions and friendly staff. Thank you for playing West Pines Golf Club! #WestPinesGC
Response from West Pines Golf Club on 06/11/2018:
Hello, we're glad you enjoyed a quick pace of play and our friendly staff. Thank you for playing West Pines Golf Club! #WestPinesGC

Very Nice Course!

It was backed up at the first tee but got to moving ok after a few holes. Course is in great shape right now. Bermuda greens look immaculate. Roll a little slow but true. Typical of nice bermuda greens. The fairways and rough and bunkers were in good shape too. Course is short but is challenging. Can't just bang driver all day if you are a longer hitter. Will have be smart and hit an iron or fairway wood off the tee at times, even on a par 5 and try to give yourself the proper yardage coming into the green. Lots of rain in the days before I played so was soggy but not as bad as could be. Everyone I met there from players to staff were all friendly. Cheap beer too! Would definitely recommend.

Response from West Pines Golf Club on 06/11/2018:
Hello, we're glad you enjoyed our great course conditions and challenging layout. Thank you for playing West Pines Golf Club! #WestPinesGolfClub

West Pines

Course is in great shape. The new Bermuda greens are awesome

Response from West Pines Golf Club on 06/05/2018:
Hello, we're happy you enjoyed our great course conditions. Thank you for playing West Pines Golf Club! #WestPinesGC

Excellent Greens

Course is in the best shape I’ve seen it in all year. In competition for the best greens in Metro Atlanta. A must play course.

Response from West Pines Golf Club on 06/05/2018:
Hello, we're happy you enjoyed our good course conditions and friendly staff. Thank you for playing West Pines Golf Club! #WestPinesGC

Surprised

I had been by this course many times traveling to Atlanta and finally played it yesterday... For a public course it is excellent... Good layout, great fairways and greens... I will be back...

Response from West Pines Golf Club on 06/05/2018:
Hello, we're happy you enjoyed our good course layout and great fairways and greens. Thank you for playing West Pines Golf Club, we look forward to welcoming you back soon! #WestPinesGC

Nothing but high praise for what the City of Douglasville has done...

Cut my teeth on golf at West Pines over 20 years ago way before the city took it over.
Needless to say, it wasn't that well maintained back then but the city did a good job right off the bat. Moved to McDonough about 7 years ago and haven't played it since until today.
All I can say is WOW!!! The course was in EXCELLENT condition even after all the rain we've had and their new Bermuda greens were excellent. A little on the slow side but excellent.
If you get a chance, do yourself a favor and play this course. What a gem the city of Douglasville has turned this course into Douglasville should be incredibly proud of what they have turned this into for their citizens. If I still lived in the area I' would have been a member before I left today.

Response from West Pines Golf Club on 06/01/2018:

Must play!

The course was in the best condition ever. Fairways, tees, greens were all good. Traps were wet and sand packed down. Great value for seniors $28. Layout is hilly with some blind shots. Greens were sandy and a little slow.

Always up to par

Not much to fault with West Pines. Hot Tee Time around 9:45 for $25. Good pace of play and the course as always is in great condition. On our regular rotation and will remain so. Highly recommended.

Response from West Pines Golf Club on 05/25/2018:
Hello, we're happy you enjoyed a quick pace of play and our great course conditions. Thank you for playing West Pines Golf Club! #WestPinesGC
Response from West Pines Golf Club on 05/21/2018:
Hello, we're happy you enjoyed a quick pace of play and our friendly staff. Thank you for playing West Pines Golf Club! #WestPinesGC

hit the slopes

the greens were very good(Bermuda), a few bare spots(red clay) in the common areas. very hilly, sloped course. a few(about 3) forced lay ups( less than driver). cart service was good with a great chicken salad sandwich. all one could ask for in a day at the course.

Response from West Pines Golf Club on 05/21/2018:
Hello, we're happy you enjoyed our nice course layout and a good value. Thank you for playing West Pines Golf Club! #WestPinesGC

Nice local course

West Pines is a nice course to play. Easy to get on. Priced right. Greens are ok. Pace sometimes gets slow but you know, it is part of the deal.

Response from West Pines Golf Club on 05/16/2018:
Hello, we're happy you enjoyed our friendly staff and a great value. Thank you for playing West Pines Golf Club! #WestPinesGC

Great shape and improving

The course is waking up from winter, fairways have a lot of roll and greens are fast, the upgrade to the greens was money well spent. I look forward to playing the coourse frequently I live in the city and pleased to have this gem close to home.

Response from West Pines Golf Club on 05/07/2018:
Hello, we're happy you enjoyed our great course conditions and friendly staff. Thank you for playing West Pines Golf Club! #WestPinesGC

Valid dates: Feb 01, 2020 - Feb 29, 2020
Three days of UNLIMITED golf and Three nights of lodging with FREE golf shoes.