Club at Jones Creek

Yellow 72 5743 yards 68.1 122
Yellow (W) 72 5743 yards 73.5 130
Senior (W) 72 4583 yards 67.1 114
Scorecard for Jones Creek
Gold M: 74.1/140 434 220 391 375 508 207 456 557 389 3537 385 546 190 513 395 150 380 460 452 3471 7008
Blue M: 72.3/134 W: 76.0/136 404 174 366 350 485 167 432 526 370 3274 354 508 173 500 385 131 358 445 429 3283 6557
White M: 70.8/132 W: 74.0/134 379 158 346 327 463 154 401 491 342 3061 341 472 153 476 362 115 328 422 396 3065 6126
Red M: 68.2/128 W: 72.6/130 351 133 294 301 442 133 370 426 292 2742 295 430 127 436 303 91 286 392 328 2688 5430

Year Built 1986
Greens Tif EagleBermuda
Architect Rees Jones (1986) Tom Fazio (2003) Keith Evans (1986)

Golf Simulator Yes

Awful, simply awful

On 04/27/18, I played in a charity golf tournament that was a $100 entry at Jones Creek, a course I used to LOVE playing. I realized quickly that the course conditions had gone downhill when I was at the driving range and the weeds and grass were so high that you could not see your ball land. Then we got out onto the course and the greens were easily the worst part of the course. There was very little grass and they were about as smooth as the surface of the moon. The fairways were not much better and pretty bare and very muddy in spots.

After the conclusion of the tournament, I went into the golf shop and spoke with Gregg, the Director of Operations at the course, and asked what had happened because the course used to be in such great shape. He then proceeded to be sarcastic about the conditions.

That evening, I left a review on the course's Facebook page very similar to what is written above, but a lot less descriptive. Fast forward to 05/01/18, I headed back out to Jones Creek to play in another tournament that I had already committed to prior to knowing the condition of the course. While inside the clubhouse, I was confronted by Gregg about the review that I left. He accused me of writing it with the sole purpose of hurting the course and had a few other choice words for me as well. He then went on to tell me that I was no longer welcome at his course and that I needed to go get my bag off of the cart and leave and not to ever come back. I told him I had already committed to this tournament, took a day of vacation time to play in this tournament, and it was about five minutes until the shotgun start, which left my team without a player. Gregg did not care and even called the Sheriff's Office out to have me removed, simply because he did not like my review.

I was never rude and the intent of the review never had any malice with it. I use these review like lots of other people to see where I want to play and if I am going to spend my money on something, I want a quality product. There are plenty of other courses in the Augusta area that are of much better quality, less expensive, and have way better customer service. It is not hard to see why the course has gone downhill. I will not spend another penny at Jones Creek.

Greens horrible. Skip it

Almost every green had bare spots and were very bumpy. Fairways and rough still mostly dormant. Right now, skip it.

Just a terrible course

Was once a gem, now a goat track. Hot dogs at the turn were from yesterday and the bun was hard as a rock. Greens are shot. Way over priced

They've Ruined This Course

I'm at a loss. I grew up in Augusta not 6 minutes from Jones Creek. It absolutely used to be the best course in town that didn't host a major. West Lake had nothing on it. ACC wasn't half as fun.

I haven't played it in a decade, and someone has gone in and ruined this golf course. The first hint was on #2 which used to have 2 bunkers in front of the green and a long one on the upper right. Those have been taken out. Same thing on #15, a super short par 3 that had a bunker behind the green that if you went long, forced you to splash out downhill toward the water, with the green running away from you.

There are many other changes to the course, those are just the easiest to explain. Was it too hard for people? They changed up the formerly lightning fast bent grass greens as well. The condition of the fairways left a lot to be desired as well. Truthfully, it looked like a regular muni. Nicer than "the patch" but more like Forest Hills, and that's not a compliment.

Truly at a loss. They took a demanding course that really made you think and turned it into a wide-open generic mess. The worst part is that the changes to the layout have nothing to do with the condition of the course. It could still be properly maintained. Mud was everywhere and it hadn't rained in 4 full days. I truly should have asked for my money back. I felt robbed.

Terrible Shape

I have been playing this course for many years, and this is the worst shape I have seen it. I hit a perfect drive on number 3 into the fairway, and it landed in mud. I understand we had a lot of rain, but the right half of the fairway had no grass. The eighth green was in horrible shape. The driving range had very little grass to hit off of, and range itself was overgrown with weeds I was very disappointed in the course conditions, and I will not be going back until they correct the issues with the course. This gives me little pleasure to type this review, and I live less than 10 minutes away. They have one month before the Masters, it is going to take an army!

Not ready for play during masters week

After the first 3 holes all the fairways are dormant. Expect to be hitting off dirt/sand for tee balls in the fairway. Greens are fine. But nowhere else has been fertilized/watered and finding decent grass to hit off is impossible. They were not ready for the Masters rush, course was packed and not staggered well. Our round took 6 hours and we were waiting on every hole. Kitchen also was not ready. We phoned in lunch from 8 tee and still had to wait over 30 minutes in the clubhouse for 4 sandwiches. The rate increase this week is NOT worth it. The river club was in much better shape and offered a better experience.

Jones Creek Much Improved

This course has had its ups and downs over the years. Now, it is in the best condition I've ever seen it. Very well worth the drive and money.

Good regular course with plenty of skill-test

This course is one of my favorites, especially for the money. Most folks say the course is tight, but it really is easy enough to enjoy every round. There are several holes that challenge your skill, especially distance control. If you do not choose the right club, you may not find your ball in a hazard or the jungle of a treeline that some of the holes are known for having. Once adjusted to the course, it really is not that hard, and quite enjoyable to play on a regular basis. Any issues that the course has ever had, whether it be with greens or tee boxes, the course has done a good job of treating the problem in a reasonable amount of time and the course seems to be in pretty good shape year round. Overall, just a nice everyday course.

Augusta, Georgia