Cateechee
Purple 72 6321 yards 71.0 133
Cateechee 72 6081 yards 70.2 130
Scorecard for Cateechee Golf Club
Black M: 73.0/137 536 195 503 397 537 185 397 362 402 3514 462 409 383 203 423 294 179 612 395 3360 6874
Purple M: 71.0/133 526 153 473 369 514 175 347 336 381 3274 429 370 344 151 392 264 151 578 368 3047 6321
Cateechee M: 70.2/130 526 153 442 341 486 175 347 307 381 3158 398 336 344 151 367 264 144 551 368 2923 6081
White M: 69.2/126 W: 74.2/132 443 152 442 341 486 163 322 307 358 3014 398 336 319 136 367 247 144 551 342 2840 5854
Gold M: 67.0/120 W: 72.1/126 388 139 436 335 478 154 297 278 335 2840 368 310 293 124 361 242 123 545 338 2704 5544
Red M: 63.6/112 W: 67.7/117 332 105 410 303 432 109 275 273 258 2497 333 237 289 91 327 134 103 475 307 2296 4793

Year Built 1997
Fairways Bermuda
Greens Bermuda
Architect Mike Young

Cateechee

This course is always in great condition! Pace of play is always very good. Great driving range and practice putting green. Golf carts have a great GPS installed that provides detailed yardage.

Get Ready to Rumble

This course will test your abilities as a golfer from the first tee. Great layout, awesome scenery and tough rough will have you coming back for more. Me and my buddy had never heard of this course until we saw it on Golfnow and we only live 45 minutes away. We will definitely return if the price is right. I felt like I had been in an 18 round boxing match when the round was over but loved every minute of the fight.

Excellent and challenging

Beautiful course in excellent shape. One of the more challenging courses I’ve played. Course was in excellent shape everywhere. New greens recent years (for the better I heard) but true and nice. Never played here before and thankfully with GPS carts and a few hole tips from the pro shop, had a decent score. Usually a +5 and was happy I went home with a 81. Hitting +15 more than usual could be expected first time on this tract. Greens were fast, rolled true and pins were tournament placements. Had to laugh at some because it is not a average Joe’s friendly scoring setup at least the Monday I played.
Fairways and 2nd cut perfect. Rough is a lost ball. Tall, thick, forget it. Undulating greens. Challenging obstacles (bunker placement, valleys, thick stuff, etc). Target golf. A course like this will make you better for sure. (Or make you give up golf. Lol).

Played with a newbie and she loved the course. Nature course, beautiful layout. She had one of her best rounds hitting pins, close putts, 400 lost balls, etc. She said it’s her new favorite course even after Sky Valley, Walker Course and Highland Walk.

Worth a drive. Nice pro shop, nice range, nice facility all around. Was little under an hour drive from Clemson. If I was closer I’d play here at least once a week. From Charleston, SC I’ll have to anxiously wait.

What a great course!

This course was a gem. Conditions were great for this time of year (early spring). Greens were smooth and rolled true. Fairways were in good condition. The pace of play was quick. The setup was a challenge and enjoyable. I really had. A great time and look forward to coming back.

Will be incredible once the grass comes in. Course was still dormant and fairways were really soft, meaning mud balls on every hole.

Best course in northeast Georgia You won’t be disappointed I promise !!

Great value

It had been raining much of the week and the day for that matter but the course did not hold water. Pace of play was very fast due to the rain. The greens rolled very well. I can’t say one bad thing about the day other than the rain. Still a great course even in the rain.

Peaceful

Played at 2:00 on a Friday afternoon. Did not see another golfer once we teed off. The greens, fairways, tee boxes, and bunkers are all in pristine condition. The only complaint was the GPS in our cart did not work and there are no pictures or sketches of the holes on the scorecard.. Since it was my first time playing, I did not know the layout of the course. Not knowing where the fairways were or the greens were located made the course even more challenging. The greens were tough, but very fair.

Hidden Paradise

This place is incredible!!! Greens were in phenomenal shape, they played super fast. Fairways were full land tee boxes were in great shape. Club house, turn house, and practice facility are top notch. I am definitely going back. I drove over an hour to play, and it was totally worth it!

Beautiful.

Great course. 5" of rain this week, but course was fine. Nice range and practice area. Excellent sandwiches at the turn house. Absolutely one of the best courses in N.E. Georgia.

Hidden treasure

Fantastic shape. Greens run at 11 on the stimpmeter. Cart gps even tells you what they are rolling for the day. Better have your A game on the greens. Bermuda rough will penalize you on wayward shots but overall a great day.

Excellent conditions. One recommendation would be to make rough a little shorter.

Best course in Georgia but stay away I don't want you slowing down our pace of play

Best course in Georgia. We travel an hour to play it but it's worth the drive.

Beautiful and challenging course. No houses on the course. Greens had been recently punched but were in excellent shape. Very friendly and attentive cart girl. Restaurant was closed on a Monday. Pro shop staff friendly and acted like my business was appreciated. Nice driving range. Great time! Recommend 100%.

Greens were pitiful.

I have only played here a couple of times. The first time it was mid fall and everything was good. I played this time and was very disappointed. I didn't keep count but the majority of the greens were shabby. I mean from large totally bare patches to putting through "sand traps". I know they are bent grass and we have had a hot summer but would expect much better from an upscale course like this. I really built this course up to my friend and we played on $39 Monday. But to think the regular greens fee are like $20-30 more on average. I would be upset paying that and then find out that the majority of the greens were unputtable. On the positive side the rest of the course was in good shape. I'm sure they will get them fixed in the near future but would have liked to have been notified before we played.

always a pleasure

The greens were quick and rolled true; people have done a good job repairing pitch marks. The layout rewards well placed shots and penalizes errant ones- bunkers are strategically placed, shots off-line will be further diverted by rolling terrain. It is a challenging, but fair course, which is nestled among the rolling woodlands of NE Ga.

Scenic with lots of elevation changes - hidden gem

I have played here numerous times. The course is always in great condition except very late in summer a few greens can become damaged. Extremely beautiful course and you feel like you are out in nature as there are no homes around the golf course. I love the layout. This is a course that you need to play to spots and to know where danger lies. So the more you play and learn this course the better you are likely to score. The restaurant is outstanding as well. This is my favorite course that is not well known in Georgia. I highly recommend it to anyone.

Hartwell, Georgia
Elberton, Georgia
Westminster, South Carolina
Westminster, South Carolina
Toccoa, Georgia

Valid dates: Jun 21, 2019 - Dec 31, 2019
Sign up for a 2 or 3 Day Golf School and receive accommodations in a villa for the duration of your stay.
Keystone Resort Stay, Play and Save
June Special at Shenvalee
Fling and Swing!
Sewailo Golf Club Stay & Play Hotel Package
Latest Articles
Articles
Golf tournament pro-ams: a primer
Articles
The days I fell in love with golf (a Cool Golf Memory)
Articles
What does the golf course of the future look like?