Innsbruck Resort & Golf Club

Fairways Bermuda
Greens Bent
Golf Season year round
Architect Bill Watts

• Golf Advisor: Top 25 Courses for Pace of Play in the U.S. (2015 #24)
  • Golf Advisor: Top 25 Value Courses in the U.S. (2015 #17)

challenging layout, rough around the edges...

challenging layout, rough around the edges, on a couple holes there were areas in the first cut of rough that were bare rocky ground. So you just keep in the fairways, which were in good shape. Some of the back tee boxes were closed off, some of the tees were moved up closer than listed on the scorecard, but unless you're a scratch golfer, you probably won't mind this. Construction work on structure off left side, hole 18 fairway somewhat encroaches on the playability of the hole, not sure why this was allowed to happen...

Really fun course, great layout

This course never disappoints. There are so many fun holes that make you hit shots other than just pulling a driver and swinging away. If you can keep it in the fairway you won't have a bad lie all day. The elevation changes are worth the price alone you but this course is always fun to get out and play.

Very nice.

This course was in great shape. Loved playing it again. Fairways and greens were great. Greens in best shape I’ve ever seen. Can’t wait for tomorrow to play it again.

Horrendous Conditions

We read some of the reviews thinking that that course would be super nice. When we arrived it was an absolute train wreck from the beginning. The driving range is barely there and the tee times were super unorganized. The only reason the pace of play was good is because people had learned from past experience and made sure to never play there again. The course was in such bad shape that most of the time hitting off of cart path would have been a nicer lay. Would never go back and wouldn’t recommend spending a dime at this so called golf course.

Tough mountain course.

Enjoy this course, elevation changes, narrow fairways, a lot of fun.

Wonderful experience

My husband and I played on a Saturday. It was a very hot and sunny day but the course had beautiful shaded cart paths. Each hole was private, greens were good and we saw two black bears walking across two fairways! We loved playing this course and will be back!

I will go back!

Great course. Fun in mountains! The course is in great condition with the exception of some areas from the flood a few weeks ago (no fault of the course of-course). I wish the driving was more updated with target flags at various distances for example. But overall I really enjoyed this course and I will definitely be back in he future.

Rough gem

This is a beautiful piece of land that has a course built through it. Everyone should play there for the scenery. Unfortunately I don't think the owners are putting any money to speak of into the course. The cart paths are really rough and they have definitely had some serious damage from the recent floods and rains. Having said that, still go play.

Great views,

I always enjoy this course, but after 14 inches of rain the previous week it was a little rough in places. The greens were terrific, will play again.

Fairways are horrible!!!

The greens are in perfect shape!!! But the fairways and tee boxes are another story.
Lots of bare areas in the fairways and tee boxes.Not just where the grass has not grown in,I mean bare dirt and rocks!!

Course has beautiful mountain scenery and unique course layout.

One of most memorable golf outings. I will always play this course when given the opportunity.

Early season fun

Greens were putting well. No grass growing yet in fairways. Many putts have a lot of break. Many holes are cut out of the north Georgia mountain ridges, leaving a narrow actual fairway with steep slopes, often on both sides, which often returns a slightly errant drive back down the hill to the fairway -- still overall driving landing areas are narrow. Several blind holes when driving that you don't know whether to hit a driver or not. On cart GPS and map is nice and provides some help for those situations. There is a dramatically steep par 3 (I think no. 15) which has an elevation drop of (I'm guessing 150 feet. My range finder said it was 165 yards, but a local told me to play the hole as if it were 125 yards and he was exactly right. If you use your map app on your phone/computer to get to this course, it might take you to the backside where you cannot get it. You must enter from the Helen, GA side.

Decent course, relatively empty

Greens in good shape B+.
Fairways get a passing grade C due to need for watering.
Bunkers and water are well placed but the bunkers were not recently raked so they were pretty hard.
I don’t know if it was normal but playing on a Saturday afternoon, this place wasn’t crowded at all and that was great because the pace of play was exactly our pace of play.
Despite critiques above, relative to other area courses, it’s above average and overall I’m very happy and would go back again.

Great!!!!

Staff super nice and course is just beautiful!! greens were super fast today FYI!!! The crows will steal your crackers out of your cart not joking!!

Overall good experience

First time playing here. Green’s had been recently punched, but still rolled pretty good. Very good green’s when they come in. The fairways and tee boxes wasn’t to good with patchy grass. They really needed to overseed those area’s. I would definitely want to play again around June.

Great value

This review is purely for the golf course which I played recently as part of an organized golf association event.

With respect to the course itself, I feel it is certainly worth playing if you are in the area. It was still very early in the season when I played and that needs to be taken into account in my review. I found several of the holes to be very narrow and in some cases the greens were a little on the unfair side - almost impossible to stop the ball on downhill putts, even at this time of year. The signature Par 3 on the back nine is almost worth the trip alone but overall, I certainly felt satisfied with the course and very happy I made the drive up from North Atlanta to play in the event.

As you would expect given its location, the scenery is absolutely spectacular and I found the staff hospitality to be exceptional from the guy at the gatehouse to the Club Pro and everyone else in between. We were made to feel extremely welcome at all times.

Great value

Mountain Golf

Challenging course... up hill, then down with tight fairways, plenty of contour on the greens. Played on a rainy day and had a great time. Beautiful course, fun to play and the staff was friendly and informative. Can't wait to play again.

Private/Resort