Creekside Golf Club

Year Built 1954
Architect Rich Mandell (1999)

Metal Spikes Allowed Soft spikes only
Dress code Collared shirt required

The Right Price!

I grew up in high school playing golf and since getting back into the sport I have really enjoyed coming to Creekside again and again to get better at the game of golf. First timers need to be wary of hidden hazards as well as the run offs in the middle of the fairway that this course hides so well with its teebox placement! Play long irons and the occasional driver and 3 wood and you’ll be way better off at this course!

Good winter conditions

Course played fine for Dec. Some greens a little bumpy but overall rolled ok. Still a fun course to play.

EXCELLENT STAFF & CARTS

Love the course layout. I do plan on returning:) Only negative I have was putting was all but impossible. Greens were in very rough conditions. Ball jumped and bounced on EVERY hole.

Fun Challenging Course

New owners keep putting money into course. Just got new Carts. Course is tight, so driving accuracy is a premium. Most traps are ground under repair. there are a few that are good but still a work in progress. Greens are smooth.. rolling quick now. Have a couple that had weed issues in the fall but are in recovery.

Really wish they'd trim the limbs of a tree that hangs out on Number 4.. when teeing off from white tees the limb hangs over and blocks left side. Tough enough driving hole without the extra challenge. I play course often, folks working course are really nice and friendly. Sometimes marshalls are too nice and don't prod the slow movers. Overall a challenging course to play.

Great people, great management, layout needs some attention.

As a member I personally know and interact regularly with the staff and management. They are fantastic people who are golfer-friendly, helpful, professional people. Our course is a great value for the quality of the people and the course.
On too many holes, fairways are very narrow and/or run sharply to very dense tree lines that swallow up all but the most accurate first or second shot. Thinning out of the wooded areas would go a long way to making our course more welcoming and enjoyable. I have watched many golfers show their frustration with the layout.
Our course has some excellent vistas and views and the layout is satisfyingly challenging without the dense wooded area and too numerous narrow or slanted fairways.
Although this summer has been brutal and has had an effect on all courses, our course is well maintained and the greens roll true with both subtle and, on a couple of holes, sweeping breaks that reward patient reading.

Beautiful Saturday Afternoon

The course was challenging as always. Some of the fairways had some wet areas from the rain late last week. Most of the greens was in excellent conditions, just a few greens with crabgrass on them. The course was not busy and made for a relaxing afternoon. Individuals need to repair there divot marks on the greens, I repaired a lot of divot marks left from earlier golfers.

Getting there

Staff always friendly. Many tee boxes need mowing, it is like hitting out of the rough on some holes. Fairways very tight, I worry about them recovering next spring, as they were not watered during the drought. Most bunkers either washed out or very firm, definitely need work. Greens are soft and green, and it looks like they are treating the weed problem. Many small dead spots where weeds once were, hopefully the grass will grow back in, and the greens will be nice again. New carts are nice, but not as much power as the old ones. If you have a cart bag (no tripod) with a wide base, the new carts make it difficult to accommodate that type of bag. It is a tight squeeze to get one bag to stay seated in the small base (has a divider to separate the bags), not sure if two similar sized bags would fit.

Commented on 10/25/2019

Hi 88driver! Thank you so much for leaving us with your detailed feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back!

Course is making a comeback

I played 18 holes here yesterday. You can tell that the weather on this hot and dry year has had some affects on the golf course. The fairways were pretty dry (good for me because the ball ran for ever. I felt like a long knocker). When I came to the greens I did notice they had some crab and goose grass. But the maintenance staff were out there pulling and sanding. And the greens still putted very smooth. The General manger ( I think his name was Sam ) and the new owner came out and greeted me and were very nice. They explained that they were seeding and sanding and that the course would be back in great shape very soon. I also liked the carts they had, a tad slow but ran great and had a port to plug in my phone to listen to music. Had a burger fries and a beer when I came in. Bartender was nice and you cant beat all that for around $10 at a golf course. Will for sure put Creekside in my rotation seeing I only live 35 minutes away in Marietta.

Coming back slowly

Drought has been hard on the course. Greens are super soft from watering and allow you to fire at the pins. This in turn causes very rough greens with lots of divots. Some rain would allow them to firm them back up again I think. New cars are nice and clubhouse is very nice. Layout is always challenging. Im a fan of this course. Mother nature needs to help them out a little

Commented on 09/23/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Creekside Golf & Country Club. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Greens are awful 9/2019

Greens are covered in weeds....every single one. It is nothing like when I played there a few years back. The ball will not roll true. See their Facebook page Recommendations section for pics of the greens. Good layout.

Commented on 09/23/2019

Hello, CourseReviewer. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. We have projects underway to recover the greens. We hope you'll bear with us through this transition and give us another try in the near future. Thanks for choosing Creekside Golf & Country Club.

Let it Go

Played this course for the second time (probably the last) the greens were unkept weeds growing all over and holes. Fairways were poor almost brown and tee boxes the same

So-So

Staff always friendly, course not crowded on a hot Thursday afternoon. Most tee boxes a little shaggy, probably trying to survive the heat and drought. Fairways brown-green and very firm. Greens still green, mostly soft, but with lots of small weeds, or small brown spots where weeds and grass have been treated. Some greens are tough to putt on with all the weeds. The owners seemed to be putting lots of attention into the course, but that seems to have slowed. I saw the occasional mower, but no watering whatsoever on a high 90's day. I enjoy the course, it just would be nice if they continued their upgrades from the past.

Commented on 09/23/2019

We appreciate the review. You rated us 3-stars which means there is room to improve on your recent experience at Creekside Golf & Country Club. Thanks for the feedback. We hope to see you again soon!

Needs more maintainence

The fairways and greens were in pretty bad shape. But there has been very little rain lately and its at the end of this golf season and i believe the course has been played a lot. The layout is awesome. If someone took over this course and put some money in, it would been a gem.

Commented on 09/09/2019

Hello, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

GREAT VALUE. NOT EASY

This course is in the middle of being brought back from some neglect. They are working hard at getting crabgrass and weeds out of greens, cutting trees to remove shade from tee boxes. It will take some time but its moving in a good direction. Love the layout. Its tough. you have to hit to spots to shoot well at this course. The greens hold well though. You can really fire at pins here. My big gripe is the ball washers are all broken or missing and thats not a big deal.

Creekside Golf Course

Great staff. Very friendly and helpful.

Course is very challenging, requiring accurate shots, every shot.

Greens in poor shape now. Were much better earlier in the year.

Please fix ball washers.

Poor Greens

Played yesterday and greens are in pretty bad shape right now. Crab grass on many of the greens so wouldn’t recommend playing Creekside until the greens are fixed.

Commented on 08/19/2019

Hi, jjaynes70. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We are working to get everything up to par. We have projects ongoing and the current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Creekside Golf & Country Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Challenging but other issues

The course is challenging no question about it which is cool. However some of the tee areas were pretty beat up, and the greens were a little sketchy as well. Lots of crabgrass on the fairways and rough. Also the coke machine near the turn didn’t work. And there were no detailed maps showing the layout of the course. There was one hole, I think 11, where I was 170 yards out and couldn’t see the green, and there was no way to drive ahead because there was a huge area of growth blocking your way. The woman, I think her name was Sam behind the bar was truly delightful, so that put a nice ending on the round! Lot of potential here if the upkeep was a bit better.

Commented on 08/19/2019

Hi Fishmonger! Thank you so much for leaving us with your honest feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and hope to clear up some of the layout confusion as well as improve course conditions all around. We hope to see you back!

Love this course but I have never seen pace of play so slow here.

There were so many groups of two and singles ahead of us. There was a group of two ahead of us that obviously don’t play a lot which is fine, but they proceeded to hit 4-5 tee shots each on every hole. They were not respectful about it at all either. It got too the point at number nine we realized they had loaded up their bags with range balls. Really have never seen anything like it. I play this course a lot and for the money I would say it’s hard to beat it. Just keep in mind there are plenty of people who play here that probably only play once a year so if you have a group like that ahead of you it may test your patience.

Valid dates: Jan 21, 2020 - Jan 31, 2022
Stay at Solitude Inn on the Green and play one of the best course in SE Michigan, Solitude Links Golf Course. Learn more.