Creekside Golf Club

Year Built 1954
Architect Rich Mandell (1999)

Metal Spikes Allowed Soft spikes only
Dress code Collared shirt required

So-So

Staff always friendly, course not crowded on a hot Thursday afternoon. Most tee boxes a little shaggy, probably trying to survive the heat and drought. Fairways brown-green and very firm. Greens still green, mostly soft, but with lots of small weeds, or small brown spots where weeds and grass have been treated. Some greens are tough to putt on with all the weeds. The owners seemed to be putting lots of attention into the course, but that seems to have slowed. I saw the occasional mower, but no watering whatsoever on a high 90's day. I enjoy the course, it just would be nice if they continued their upgrades from the past.

Needs more maintainence

The fairways and greens were in pretty bad shape. But there has been very little rain lately and its at the end of this golf season and i believe the course has been played a lot. The layout is awesome. If someone took over this course and put some money in, it would been a gem.

Commented On 09/09/2019

Hello, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

GREAT VALUE. NOT EASY

This course is in the middle of being brought back from some neglect. They are working hard at getting crabgrass and weeds out of greens, cutting trees to remove shade from tee boxes. It will take some time but its moving in a good direction. Love the layout. Its tough. you have to hit to spots to shoot well at this course. The greens hold well though. You can really fire at pins here. My big gripe is the ball washers are all broken or missing and thats not a big deal.

Creekside Golf Course

Great staff. Very friendly and helpful.

Course is very challenging, requiring accurate shots, every shot.

Greens in poor shape now. Were much better earlier in the year.

Please fix ball washers.

Poor Greens

Played yesterday and greens are in pretty bad shape right now. Crab grass on many of the greens so wouldn’t recommend playing Creekside until the greens are fixed.

Commented On 08/19/2019

Hi, jjaynes70. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We are working to get everything up to par. We have projects ongoing and the current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Creekside Golf & Country Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Challenging but other issues

The course is challenging no question about it which is cool. However some of the tee areas were pretty beat up, and the greens were a little sketchy as well. Lots of crabgrass on the fairways and rough. Also the coke machine near the turn didn’t work. And there were no detailed maps showing the layout of the course. There was one hole, I think 11, where I was 170 yards out and couldn’t see the green, and there was no way to drive ahead because there was a huge area of growth blocking your way. The woman, I think her name was Sam behind the bar was truly delightful, so that put a nice ending on the round! Lot of potential here if the upkeep was a bit better.

Commented On 08/19/2019

Hi Fishmonger! Thank you so much for leaving us with your honest feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and hope to clear up some of the layout confusion as well as improve course conditions all around. We hope to see you back!

Love this course but I have never seen pace of play so slow here.

There were so many groups of two and singles ahead of us. There was a group of two ahead of us that obviously don’t play a lot which is fine, but they proceeded to hit 4-5 tee shots each on every hole. They were not respectful about it at all either. It got too the point at number nine we realized they had loaded up their bags with range balls. Really have never seen anything like it. I play this course a lot and for the money I would say it’s hard to beat it. Just keep in mind there are plenty of people who play here that probably only play once a year so if you have a group like that ahead of you it may test your patience.

Great Course, Professional Management

One of the true gems,in northwest GA. Must have accurate shot making abilities. Greens roll true and the courae is in the best shape I have ever seen it in the 10 years I have played it.

Plenty of tee times on Sunday morning and during the week.

Best beer prices on a golf course that I have ever seen.

Great Experience

I have played here many times. The course is great to me. I'm not a great golfer so it is challenging for me. With the heat we have here in GA it would be hard to keep the course perfect all the time. Greens were fast and fair ways were good, no bad bounces. Samantha the bartender is great and the food is good to. especially the hot wings. I try and play once a week.

Fairly challenging course from the blues, have great hole layouts. Gas carts get up the hills really well. Staff is super kind and helpful, range balls are 6 bucks. Pretty unforgiving if you’re not on the green/fairway, some narrow openings but overall doable. Fun coarse overall! Doesnt come back to the clubhouse on the turn, but you’re greeted at 11 with a doozy of a par five! Great course!

Challenging and fun

Greens are fast and true, but still hold approach shots. Fairways are mostly good, but patchy in some areas, and very fast. Bunkers are hit or miss. Some have plenty of sand, some almost none. Some tee boxes are in bad shape. It is a very challenging layout, even though it is not overly long. #11 and #14 are more than enough challenge for anyone.

Commented On 06/26/2019

Hello, PEMRJM. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Creekside

Greens in excellent shape, they are doing a good job of keeping up against the heat. Fairways in good shape. Bunkers could use some sand in places. Some tees are showing wear. Staff always extremely friendly.

Fun Coarse

We played with two other people and had a great time

The Good The Bad & The Ugly

First, the Ugly- the fairways. I realize that the rain has stopped falling in N Ga , which is why the Bermuda fairways are suffering at Creekside. However the lack of rain doesn’t mean there should be sand and large swaths of red clay in almost every fairway. Never lost so many balls in my life due to a perfect drive that rolls so far that you are into snake infested /poison ivy natural areas. The course is extremely tight already without hitting a 5 iron into another county.
The Bad, after 4 holes we literally had to drive each hole to see what was ahead, IE poor tee box descriptions of the hole. Example River Pines has a perfect description of how far to hit to clear the natural areas or how far to get to the dogleg.
The Good, the Greens are perfect, fast and rolled perfectly. The staff were great, the Marshall came through several times to warn us of seeing snakes in the woods. The girl that checked us in was sweet and explained when the grill would open and the rules of the day.
Overall great day of golf with my dad , no matter how the course looked or how I played, nothing beats that time spend with him.

Great for the price

I have played creekside tons of times. Some are really good some are really bad. For $25 it can’t be beat. Course isn’t in great shape, but it’s under new management from what I’ve heard so hopefully they’ll get to work on the fairways and greens. Still love playing here. I’m nit very good so it’s a challenge for me to keep it on the fairway sometimes. Plenty of tight holes, but Friday I played very well. It really depends on what tee you pay from. I’ll keep going here as long as the rates stay similar.

Overall Good!

The course was in pretty good sharp except for the greens. and tee boxes. Greens were full of ball marks and I'm sure will need to be sanded pretty soon. Tee boxes look at thou there is not much maintenance being done to them. The staff inside the club house was Great and Cart Girl, "Melanie" She Was Awesome! The Marshall would be my biggest complaint! When folks PAY to enjoy a round of golf they should be treated with professionalism, the marshall was rude and not friendly, he acted as if he did not even what to be there. Someone needs to talk to him before someone playing does.

Commented On 04/29/2019

Hello Bob. Thank you for taking the time to review Creekside Golf & Country and rate us. We're very sorry to hear the conditions were not up to par and that you may have had a poor customer experience with some of our staff, but we are glad that everyone else treated you well. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting us!

Valid dates: Feb 01, 2020 - Feb 29, 2020
Three days of UNLIMITED golf and Three nights of lodging with FREE golf shoes.