Creekside Golf Club

Year Built 1954
Architect Rich Mandell (1999)

Metal Spikes Allowed Soft spikes only
Dress code Collared shirt required

Clubhouse, Banquet Facilities, Locker Rooms

Good, Solid Course

This course is a bang for your buck and the staff are very nice and respectful. I’ve played better courses but overall not too shabby. Also somewhat difficult because of the amount of trees.

Such great potential

The course provides a unique layout. Could be a great course if it was brought into shape.
Greens were in OK condition. It is likely about time to punch the greens. They were a little 'furry' and slow. Would not be so terrible if us golfers would repair our divots.
Fairways were in good shape as well.
The course needs serious cleanup. Several trees and rough that should not be in play has overgrown to become obstacles.
The driving range is only a place to hit some well used range balls into a field. No way to know if you are hitting your distances.
All this stated, the staff is very friendly. If not for the friendliness of the staff rating would have been lower.
Really wish someone would get this course cleaned up.

Commented on 08/21/2020

Hello, we appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. Thank you for choosing Creekside Golf & Country Club. We would love to know how we can earn those last two stars next time!

Play it you will like it

Greens are excellent and fairways are good. You have to place your shots.

Had a Great Time

I am just now starting to play golf, so I am a super beginner. When I was teeing off on the first hole the man that was checking the tee times (I didn't catch his name) saw that I was having a difficult time making contact as I have only played a few times voluntarily came down and gave me pointers on how to improve and reassured me that there was no rush and to take my time and relax. The course conditions were really nice the only downfall which isn't that big of a deal was that some spots on the cart path were a little rough and very bumpy. Other than that I had a great time I will be back for sure.

nice

awesome greens nice use of thye terrain ,challenging looks longer than it is on several holes. heavy short rain

Commented on 05/27/2020

Thank you for reviewing us. We see you rated the course 3-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve before your next round. Feel free to comment on this review or reach out to the team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Creekside Golf & Country Club, and we hope to see you again soon.

Plays Twice a year

Great day for golf!

My son and I had a great time. This was a good price for a round of golf.

Bad Shape!

It’s the beginning of May and the course is in terrible shape. Weeds all over the place and not mowed for several days at least. Pace of play has been the worst I have ever seen. They stacked groups all over each other. Definitely not worth the money with good courses all around. I have played here many times and never left a review in my life. But it has literally been so bad that I’m leaving this review while I’m still on the course.

Commented on 05/08/2020

Hi, tthompson10. Thank you for taking the time to review the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is very important to us. We are working to get everything up to par as the current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game, and we will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Creekside Golf & Country Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Good course with some very challenging holes and a few rather easy holes. Good variety.

Commented on 04/20/2020

Thank you for reviewing us. We see you rated the course 3-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve before your next round? Please feel free to comment on this review or reach out to the team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Creekside Golf & Country Club, and we hope to see you again soon.

Not worth the trouble go elsewhere

The course is in disrepair, they are charging too much for greens fees. it is apparent that the grounds keeping crew has been cut to a bare minimum. Also I'm not certain that the carts are being disinfected between uses. I'd rather pay more for a better experience during this crazy pandemic.

Not crazy about this course!

Played this course about 5 years ago; wasn't too crazy about it then; and I am not too crazy about it now! They have really let the course and the range go. The bunkers are pure red mud water traps; not kept up at all! The greens are pretty good for the most part except for a couple; but there are a lot of areas in the fairways that are not good at all! Plus there are a couple of holes that are strange for golf holes; not crazy about them. Also, there are plenty of hazards crossing the fairways, water, ravines, thicket patches, etc...

Commented on 02/25/2020

Hello, WesAskea. Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We see you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take customer feedback very serious at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind. Thank you for playing Creekside Golf & Country Club.

The Right Price!

I grew up in high school playing golf and since getting back into the sport I have really enjoyed coming to Creekside again and again to get better at the game of golf. First timers need to be wary of hidden hazards as well as the run offs in the middle of the fairway that this course hides so well with its teebox placement! Play long irons and the occasional driver and 3 wood and you’ll be way better off at this course!

They Are Losing This Course

I've played this course a lot. I used to marshal there years ago. The first time I played it was 2012 and it was in awesome shape. It seems now that management refuses to put any money into its upkeep. Most of the sprinkler heads on the fairways and greens are busted and they can't water the greens and fairways. They've had this problem for several years now and haven't addressed it. In the summer this course will probably be unplayable. They're losing this course. Don't pay $35 or $40 to play it.

Commented on 05/19/2020

Hello, thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for your experience during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. Please know that we are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game and we will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. For further resolution in this matter, please feel free to reach out to our team in the pro shop. Thank you for playing Creekside Golf & Country Club. We hope to earn your business again soon!

Good winter conditions

Course played fine for Dec. Some greens a little bumpy but overall rolled ok. Still a fun course to play.

EXCELLENT STAFF & CARTS

Love the course layout. I do plan on returning:) Only negative I have was putting was all but impossible. Greens were in very rough conditions. Ball jumped and bounced on EVERY hole.

Fun Challenging Course

New owners keep putting money into course. Just got new Carts. Course is tight, so driving accuracy is a premium. Most traps are ground under repair. there are a few that are good but still a work in progress. Greens are smooth.. rolling quick now. Have a couple that had weed issues in the fall but are in recovery.

Really wish they'd trim the limbs of a tree that hangs out on Number 4.. when teeing off from white tees the limb hangs over and blocks left side. Tough enough driving hole without the extra challenge. I play course often, folks working course are really nice and friendly. Sometimes marshalls are too nice and don't prod the slow movers. Overall a challenging course to play.

Great people, great management, layout needs some attention.

As a member I personally know and interact regularly with the staff and management. They are fantastic people who are golfer-friendly, helpful, professional people. Our course is a great value for the quality of the people and the course.
On too many holes, fairways are very narrow and/or run sharply to very dense tree lines that swallow up all but the most accurate first or second shot. Thinning out of the wooded areas would go a long way to making our course more welcoming and enjoyable. I have watched many golfers show their frustration with the layout.
Our course has some excellent vistas and views and the layout is satisfyingly challenging without the dense wooded area and too numerous narrow or slanted fairways.
Although this summer has been brutal and has had an effect on all courses, our course is well maintained and the greens roll true with both subtle and, on a couple of holes, sweeping breaks that reward patient reading.

Beautiful Saturday Afternoon

The course was challenging as always. Some of the fairways had some wet areas from the rain late last week. Most of the greens was in excellent conditions, just a few greens with crabgrass on them. The course was not busy and made for a relaxing afternoon. Individuals need to repair there divot marks on the greens, I repaired a lot of divot marks left from earlier golfers.

Private/Community