Year Built 1968

Clubs No

Dress code Proper golf attire.

Playing Multiple Courses 29

Best of the Jekyll Island courses

Of the 3 Jekyll Island courses, I thought this one was in the best shape. None have completely recovered from Irma damage, but the fairways seemed better on this course and the greens were the fastest of the 3 sets. The layout is nothing outstanding, we a few interesting holes. But by and large the fairways were wide and the greens relatively straight forward.

Excellent Conditions Very Impressed

I have played at many of the St Simons Island area courses but never on Jekyll until playing Pine Lakes. I was very impressed with the course conditions and the greens. The thick Bermuda was a challenge if you missed the fairway or green. Greens were rolling beautifully. I also played Indian Mounds the day before and Pine Lakes has a better layout plus Indian Mounds was still recovering from aeration. I saw over 20 deer and other wildlife throughout the course which was amazing. Staff in the Pro Shop were very friendly and I had a club sandwich in the grill area which was great. I was pleasantly surprised and will visit again!

Golf Now

Can't beat their HOT DEALS In Southern Coastal GA we have many fine golf courses and it is so easy at anytime to get online and get a Great Deal. I have played most of these courses and you can't beat this

Pine lakes

Family friendly course and nice layout.

Indian Mound

Course is challenging but not difficult if you stay out of the rough and the woods. Fairway condition was a bit above average. About half the greens had dirt spots and seemed to be dead or dying in places.

Overall great course. Greens were a little hard this early in the year but were still good for putting. Presents a fun challenge and great views.

Great courses

Great courses part of Georgia state parks. Play all three 18 hole courses and don't forget the 9 hole Dunes course.

Nice

Staff could care less about you, no personality at all. HOWEVER, the course was in good shape, nice lay out and we "owned" it on a Thursday, no-one in front or behind us. We took our time, took plenty of pics of all the gators and scenery. for $16-25 I'd say its a great deal.

NICE COURSE

FAIRWAYS--SOSO-EARLY IN SEASON

GREENS WERE FINE

First time played

Nice layout and enough tees (seven) for any level of golfer. Greens were in good condition. Will play there again.

Jekyll Island Pine Lakes

Great price point for this course. Even though the weather was cooler and wetter than normal, the course was in good shape and well maintained. Aesthetically, the Jekyll courses are all beautiful.

Value for the$

Played golf with 11 yo soon. Extra tees for youth are great.

Wet w/ 0% chance of rain

We played Oleander and Pine Lakes yesterday. Was surprised to hear the cart staff mention one of the courses they just started allowing 90 degree rule that day, but when we started playing we understood. Not one tee box or fairway, much less rough, has been cut in several days. grass was covered 3/4 of the ball in the middle of the fairway. The worst part to me was when I called in about a week before making our tee times the staff mentioned how great of shape the courses were in. But the most confusing part is I live about 30 mins south of the course and we haven't had hardly any rain lately, so I got home and looked it up...1.35 inches on the last 30 days.

A Beauty on Jekyll Island

It's easy to see why so many folks choose Jekyll for a golf vacation getaway. With the three courses together on the island, you can almost always find a tee time. We were on Pine Lakes this time. The only negative was that due to rains it was cart path only and the fairways were a bit thick. Otherwise, it was an excellent round of golf on a beautiful December day!

Great fun and beautiful scenery!

Course is in good shape and good pace. Challenging to say the least on the front 9 but could be my fault. Always fun to go to Jekyll.

Great Layout

My wife and I had an 8:08 tee time. Starter put us off the back side. When we made the turn we ran into three groups on #1. Unwilling to suffer the delays we decided to quit after 9 holes. We loved the layout and would suggest you play after split tee times end.

Pace of play

This is a great course that I enjoy playing very much. There are 3 courses from one clubhouse and each play differently. I was disappointed, however, that the management chose not only to start players on hole #1 but also #10. This slowed play down quite a bit because we had to wait to start back nine. That should have been communicated by the staff in the clubhouse.

Just wonderful

Can't say enough about the staff. They were extremely accomodating and friendly. We chose not to bring our clubs with us on vacation and they set us up with great clubs at a very reasonable price. We will certainly play there on our next trip.

no communication

I had reserved Pine lake and was advised upon arriving that they had a college tourney that would take precedence and we would be playing Indian Mound.
Did this tourney just magically appear or had they had it on their schedule for more than 5-10 days? they confirmed my reservation 2 days in advance and then had the nerve to tell me of the tourney when I arrived.
Please ask me about my reservation of the 15th, it gets even worse. I have been playing this venue since I arrived in Ga.26 yrs. ago. NEVER AGAIN.

Southern Hospitality...not

The course was in good, not great, condition. They typically let the fairways grow a little longer and you get very little roll-out on drives. Not really a big deal if you know this ahead of time. The greens are usually in very good condition and this was the case for our round. They roll on the slower side but very true. I was pleasantly surprised to see that they are now rolling the greens. The challenge is to stay in the fairway. Although not real tight if you miss the fairways the rough will eat your ball alive. You may have a hard time finding it even if you are a few yards astray. This penalizes you appropriately and presents the biggest challenge when playing this course.

We were a twosome who played behind four sloppy old dudes. They had a full hole and a half open in front of them all round and refused to let us play through even as was waited for them to tee off right in front of us. We told the starter Lou at the turn and he said THEY WERE MEMBERS and he wasn't going to say anything. This isn't the first time and it really gives the locals (I am one too) a bad rep at this place. The Canadians who come down in the spring are so courteous and pleasant to play with and understand golf etiquette. It's too bad these elderly bubbas, who looked the part and carried all the right equipment, didn't have the class to match. Driving the cart onto the green fringe, putting with your shoes off. Genteel southern gentlemen indeed. Al Czervik (Rodney Dangerfield) had more class than these 'members'.

Jekyll Island, Georgia
Sea Island, Georgia
Saint Simons Island, Georgia
Brunswick, Georgia

Valid dates: Nov 01, 2019 - Feb 29, 2020
Back at Kiawah Island Golf Resort for a limited time, the Golf or Gourmet Escape is a perfect opportunity to pursue your passion for the game and experience this premier resort's pristine championship courses.
Featured Content