Mystery Valley Golf Course
Orange 72 5352 yards 70.4 119
Scorecard for Mystery Valley Golf Course
Blue M: 71.7/125 520 152 331 177 378 406 526 394 418 3302 488 216 388 355 556 408 158 395 439 3403 6705
White M: 70.6/122 W: 76.5/135 506 138 313 156 358 380 505 376 401 3133 460 189 371 340 535 381 141 371 408 3196 6329
Gold M: 69.2/117 W: 74.9/132 473 121 290 133 341 360 489 355 379 2941 422 169 341 317 519 369 123 353 374 2987 5928
Red M: 66.7/111 W: 71.7/125 469 118 282 132 333 353 482 352 374 2895 419 163 332 310 509 358 116 347 366 2920 5815

Year Built 1966
Fairways Bermuda
Greens Bent
Architect Dick Wilson

9-Hole Rounds 7

Great course for the value!

It was cold but the course was in great conditions. The staff was friendly and helpful. The pace of play was great and the price could not be beat. Will play again!

Commented On 11/26/2018

We're glad you found value in our golf course for this time of year! We hope you and your family had a happy Thanksgiving.

Response from Mystery Valley Golf Club on 10/17/2018:
Thanks for the 4-star rating! Be sure to book your next round with us soon.

Great shape after Hurricane Michael

I played here the morning after Hurricane Michael dumped 3-4" of rain on the course. I honestly could not believe the course was open, & I feared we'd be playing in swampy conditions. Much to my surprise, the course was in great shape! Except for the bunkers, most of which were converted into small ponds, you'd never know it rained so much. It was 90° rule that day, but I only noticed a few wet spots in the fairways. It must drain very well, don't afraid to play after it's rained. Besides the course conditions, Mystery Valley is a nice layout that offers a challenge for all players. It was my second time playing, & I enjoyed the layout.

Commented On 11/05/2018

We're glad you discovered how well our course drains after rain! We hope you'll come back soon to enjoy some Fall golf.

Cut The Rough

This course is in pretty good shape right now except for one thing...CUT THE ROUGH! It is extremely easy to lose balls in the rough, it will just fall to the bottom. Most times you literally have to be standing DIRECTLY over the ball to see it. This slows the round for everyone on the course. The staff and starter very nice, the "marshal" was more interested in getting in some practice between groups than keeping players on pace.

Response from Mystery Valley Golf Club on 10/17/2018:
We appreciate your feedback and will look into your concerns regarding the rough. We hope you'll give us another shot soon!

Great value

This course is a great value for the money. Definitely no frills, but interesting layout, good greens, well kept tee boxes, etc. Best value inside the perimeter.

Response from Mystery Valley Golf Club on 10/01/2018:
We're glad you found value in our golf course! Come play again soon.

Cut the Rough

I hadn't played this course in several years. I was impressed with the overall condition of the course. But, I will say the rough was penalizing(as it should be). Just be sure to hit the fairway on every hole and you'll have an enjoyable round.

Response from Mystery Valley Golf Club on 09/14/2018:
We're glad you made it back to Mystery Valley after all these years! We hope to see you more often this season.

In Memory of Dad

My Dad used to love this place. He passed in 2001 and I haven’t played here since the early 90’s. The clubhouse has really gone downhill but the course is very nice and has fast greens but a few rough spots. Enjoyed it!

Response from Mystery Valley Golf Club on 09/06/2018:
We'd like to express our condolences for your father. We're happy to learn you shared great memories on our golf course. We hope to see you out here again soon.

Good course, although I thought the rough was too high. I had problems finding my balls

Well maintained course, for the most part the greens were in good condition. I thought the rough was too high. I had problems finding my balls. I was not expectiong a perfect course. For the cost, a good value.

Needs Improvement

This is a basic course layout and design- from the 70's. The understanding of how to cut fairways and first and second cut grass is MISSING. I hit 10 fairways and lost 7 balls because the grass 4 feet off the fairway was not cut- they need to learn how to cut the fairway 1st cut and 2nd cut of grass- this slowed play, because every group searches for great drives in the fairway- but slope takes it left or right- and then your ball is gone. This on most courses is called Fairway relief-

Improve the fairways conditions- and the 16 of us may come back for another try- otherwise our group has moved on.

Response from Mystery Valley Golf Club on 07/30/2018:
We appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback. We will look into your fairway concern and address it appropriately. We hope you give us another shot in the near future.

Decent Course

Teed off at 11:06 with temp already at 88. Was a hot day. Course was in good shape. Greens particularly rolled well. Traps still in need of sand. Round played in just over 5 hours. As reported in my previous review, there was no course marshall and play was unnecessarily slow. All in all, it was an enjoyable round.

Response from Mystery Valley Golf Club on 07/30/2018:
Thank you for your review again! As we stated before, we do apologize for the slow pace of play on this Saturday. Weekends are a challenge for most courses but we are taking steps to make sure they go smoothly from now on.

Municipal course with good layout

Have played this Dekalb County course about 6 times. It is a better public course than others I've tried. The layout is creative and challenging at times due to a few narrow fairways and doglegs. Greens and fairways were generally in good shape. The traps are generally sparse of sand so that can make for difficult bunker shots. The course was not crowded Friday, but a foursome in front made waiting necessary. Must have had a lot riding on their game. As a result, our round took 5 hours. All in all, it is a good value for the money.

Response from Mystery Valley Golf Club on 07/16/2018:
We are glad you enjoyed your round overall, but we do apologize for the delay in the pace of play. We will work to make sure this does not happen again in the future.

Course was in great condition

The course was in better condition than I thought it would be. Fairways were grown in nicely and greens were fair. The only thing it needed is sand on the bunkers.

Response from Mystery Valley Golf Club on 07/09/2018:
Thank you for the 4-star review! We are glad you enjoyed the course conditions this season. Book your next round with us very soon!
Response from Mystery Valley Golf Course on 06/26/2018:
Thank you for the 5-star rating! Book your next round with us soon.

Outside Landscaping Eyesore to Neighbors!!!

On behalf of the residents on King Way Dr. Please cut down the high weeds & grass on the fence, sidewalks, and curbs entering onto King Way Dr! Several tax paying residents have contacted code enforcement and the Commissioners Office in reference to this concern. This has become a hazard to children walking to school, and a eyesore to many tax paying/hard working residents. When the course was privately owned this was never a problem. Now that it's county owned it is very poorly maintained.

NOT FAIR TO TAXPAYERS AND RESIDENTS....

Response from Mystery Valley Golf Club on 06/21/2018:
Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention! Your feedback is greatly appreciated. Please feel free to reach out to the pro shop to further discuss your concerns. See you soon!

Good Value

This was my second time playing the course. As a single, I was paired with a 3-some. Great guys and enjoyed the round. On the 9th hole, the bottom fell out. All golfers made a dash for the clubhouse. After a delay of about 45 minutes, it was deemed clear enough for us to resume play, however, on the 12th hole, the rain and winds resumed and we took shelter under a restroom roof on the course. We resumed again 30 minutes later in light rain. Finally, about hole 15, the rain ceased. The course was in good shape and greens were true. The sand traps did not contain any sand and many were filled with water, which changed the game a bit. I believe hole 15 was infested with geese . . . about 100. The green was virtually unplayable due to the goose poop. Overall, the round was enjoyable.

Response from Mystery Valley Golf Club on 06/04/2018:
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We're glad you came back to the golf course for more! We hope you can make it back for a clearer day.

Juniors not welcome

The course is nice, but that isn’t my concern. I am appalled at how this golf course has not tried to accommodate junior golfers. They will let them play, but for the price of their age, plus cart fee. So let’s add that up for a 14 yr old. That’s $14 + $13 (cart fee), $27 + Tax for a child to play golf with his or her father. Now that’s fine for a one time family outing. But what if the junior is trying to grow into the game. How can they afford that 2 or 3 times a week. I mean come on. There are programs the golf course could belong to (YouthOnCourse) that gives juniors the opportunity to learn the game at a much more affordable price . How does this golf course expect to have a more people coming to the facility in the future if they shun out our future golfers? And the worst part about it is management at Myster Valley has no interest in taking an initiative to get this changed. It doesn’t cost $30 each time for a junior to play any other sport, it shouldn’t be for golf either. #SMH #GOTTADOBETTER

Response from Mystery Valley Golf Club on 05/25/2018:
We are sorry to see your experience of the course was anything short of 5 stars. We hope you give us another shot in the near future.
Response from Mystery Valley Golf Club on 05/22/2018:
Thank you for the 4-star review! We are glad you enjoyed everything.

Very good experience!

Golf course in excellent conditions. Fairways are great and the greens were in exceptional shape. Thoroughly enjoyed playing!

Response from Mystery Valley Golf Course on 05/14/2018:
Thank you for the 5-star rating and review! We are glad you had a fantastic round of even more excellent conditions. Come play again soon!
Response from Mystery Valley Golf Course on 05/07/2018:
Thank you for the 4 stars! Come play again soon.
Stone Mountain, Georgia