City Club Marietta

2.4

City Club Marietta Golf Course
Scorecard for City Club Marietta
Blue M: 67.9/122 411 252 137 472 341 370 107 570 355 3015 351 285 180 307 491 320 286 140 346 2706 5721
White M: 66.6/119 W: 71.8/125 391 242 110 462 328 361 96 528 341 2859 332 254 163 290 465 315 275 112 331 2537 5396
Gold M: 64.3/113 W: 68.8/120 375 234 103 450 311 330 92 478 257 2630 316 237 121 240 309 306 268 88 222 2107 4737
Red W: 66.8/113 363 222 95 405 301 325 87 471 249 2518 303 233 121 228 430 277 207 85 212 2096 4614

Year Built 1927
Fairways Bermuda
Greens Bent
Architect Mike Young

Greens look like a putt putt course

Whoever thought it was okay to let anyone play these greens should be in jail. About 75% of the greens are embarrassing. Maybe 20% of the grass is dead on average, and I'm being extremely generous. Unless you can park the ball within 5-7 feet of the hole, you are going to have to putt over dead spots. The few greens that didn't have dead spots to putt over were liking putting on the first cut.

As long as you don't have a putter in your hands, the course design offers a variety of different holes that will challenge you to either lay it up or go for it. It's a short course with doglegs that break early (one hole breaks almost 90 degrees), so if you are working on your fades and draws, this is a really fun course to play off the tees -- even from the blues.

Carts have gps and touchscreen device that allows you to view each hole.

Greens are poor

So unfortunately their greens are in really poor shape. The grass on them is very poor and although there was an advisory you couldn’t see what that was. I assumed that it was likely a frost advisory as I played earlier in the morning. That is sad as the course is normally okay with some challenging holes and some super easy holes.

Until they fix the greens, I would advise against playing there.

Pretty rough

I haven’t played here in over 5 years so thought I would give it a shot. The layout is a bit quirky but I always enjoyed it in the past. Unfortunately, it is not in good shape right now. Many greens have very little grass so putting was a total guess. The tee boxes and fairways were below average but playable. I’m not sure if the Marriott connected to it is responsible but it needs some TLC. Not worth $40 in its current condition.

Commented On 11/11/2018

We are sorry you did not enjoy your round with us. The hot, wet weather this summer took a toll on the greens and it is taking some time to get them back in shape. We are looking at several different options to ensure that we do not encounter these issues in the future. We look forward to providing you with a better experience during your visit.

Greens need help!

I play this course every so often. It has a nice layout, friendly staff, etc.

I played yesterday, and the reviews I read are true. These greens SUCK!! Can't sugar coat it, it's bad. I still enjoyed my round, it was golf, go with the flow. But, to be charged full price for a round with those greens, is a stretch at best. They should only charge 50% of std greens fee, until they get there greens fixed.

Commented On 11/11/2018

Thank you for playing City Club. The greens are slowly coming back but it is taking some time, that is why we are offering reduced rates at the present time. We apologize if this was not conveying to you when you checked in to play, we are working to let everyone know in advance. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Very Slow play

I really like this course unfortunately this was again a very slow play because of the 4 in front of us not hitting balls and taking their sweet time... this is the 3rd time I play this course and every time had the same issue....

Commented On 10/10/2018

We are sorry you did not enjoy your round. We are always concerned with pace of play and we monitor it through the GPS system as well as marshals. We are looking into what happened that day to hopefully avoid the issue in the future. We appreciate the feedback and look forward to providing you with a better experience in the future.

Has been better

Greens were blotchy spotty and lots of bare spots. Fairways were so, so.

The Greens are in awful condition

The greens on this course is deceased or the greens keeper doesn't know his job.

Commented On 09/25/2018

Thank you for playing City Club during this difficult time. Our entire maintenance staff is working very hard to restore the greens and we are seeing new growth every day, but it will take some time. We look forward to seeing you again once the course is back in shape.

Bad Greens

The greens at this course are horrible and steadily getting worse! Golfers need to be discounted for booking here. No green has a good putting surface due to patches of grass missing.

Commented On 09/25/2018

We are sorry you did not enjoy the course. We have reseeded the greens and they are starting to come back, but it will take a little time. We look forward to seeing you again once conditions are back to normal.

Worst Greens in the State!

I have played Marietta City Club many times And have never seen them in the condition they were in today. The greens Are so bad they should consider closing the course. they absolutely should not be charging $45 to play the course. I am not sure what they are doing about it but there’s no course in the city with greens that deplorable.

Commented On 09/22/2018

We are sorry you did enjoy your round today. We have seeded the affected areas and we are seeing new growth, they should be back in shape before too long. We look forward to seeing you again this fall.

Greens shot...

Staff and course layout including pace of play excellent!!! How City Club has pretty much lost their greens to desease. From the look of things it will next spring before they return, greens keepers have a lot of work in front of them.

Commented On 09/18/2018

Thank you for playing City Club Marietta. We are happy that you enjoyed our staff and the pace of play. The maintenance crew is working hard on the greens and we are seeing new growth in the affected areas. It will take a little time for the greens to completely heal, but we anticipate a marked improvement within the next month or so. We look forward to seeing you again this fall.

Golfer Beware**** Greens are garbage

It’s amazing to me that this course is still open and booking tee times. I was told they aeirated the greens 9 days ago but that’s not the problem. The greens are completely gone. Grass is gone and it’s sand/ dirt in 75/80% of the greens. Tee boxes are in bad shape as well.

The staff mentioned nothing at booking and check in.

I’d suggest not playing here until the greens are replaced.

IMO I should have demanded a refund but chose to move on and not bother.

Hope this helps.

Commented On 09/14/2018

We are very sorry that you were not informed prior to playing. We have been trying to let everyone know about the course conditions either at the time of booking or check-in. We have re-seeded the problem areas and they are beginning to show signs of life. Please keep us in mind for the future as the course will be back in shape soon.

This is a wonderful place to play golf, staff friendly and a great course layout with wonderful views of Marietta.

I am sure the management already knows about the greens.

If you can get by the damaged greens you can have a great day.

Commented On 09/14/2018

Thank you for playing City Club Marietta! We are working hard on the greens and they will be back soon. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Greens were terrible

Past rounds here have generally found course conditions to be above average. However, the greens today were in terrible condition. There was an aeration alert posted, but that was not the issue. Approximately 40% of almost every green was just sand because there was just no grass. We were playing on a Hot Deal so we did not pay a premium for Sunday play, but walkups were paying about $45. Way too much given the condition of the greens.

Commented On 09/14/2018

We are sorry you did not have a great experience with us this time. The staff is working on the greens and the new seed is showing signs of life, so we should be back to our normal conditions before too long.

Shocked

I was truly shocked to see what horrible shape this course is in. They’ve totally lost the greens, most of them more bare than green, virtually impossible to putt on. The tee boxes and fairways weren’t that great either, while not bare, other clumping grasses in spots. I complained to the staff and received somewhat lame excuses. I also mentioned that they should have posted some type of notice as to how bad the greens are. The gentleman at the clubhouse said he posted an alert with GolfNow but I didn’t see any such alert. On the way home, I opened the app to book another tee time just to look for a course alert and nothing. They should close the course until they can revive their greens. What made it even worse is that since the greens were so bad, nobody seemed to be repairing their ball marks either. It will be a long time before I play here again, if ever.

Commented On 09/14/2018

We apologize for your less than ideal experience. We are working hard on the course and we are already seeing new growth on the greens. We hope that you will give us another chance in the future.

Green need work

Overall the course very nice, except for the greens. They seemed neglected. Also no sand available for the course to fill in club marks in fairway.

Commented On 09/14/2018

Thank you for playing City Club Marietta. The rain and heat have taken a toll on the greens this summer, but the staff is working hard to get them back in shape. We are seeing new growth and we are looking forward to a great fall season.

Good Course for $, little chaotic though

I've played this course several times over the years. Lots of rain this year have made the greens very soft and slow. My ball actually plugged on 3 of them. Pace of play could use a lot of improvement, add an extra 5 minutes between tee times and this would solve that issue. One other thing to be wary of, the hole locations are close. Keep your head on a swivel, I dodges (literally) three balls last round.

All in all, it is worth the price. Solid course. Decent challenge. Overall well kept but gets a lot of play and the rain just took its tole this year on their greens.

Commented On 09/14/2018

Thank you for the kind words. The Bentgrass/Poa Annua combination of grasses on the greens do require extra water in the heat of the summer causing softer conditions. We look forward to seeing you again this fall!

Play when it's in better shape

This course currently needs a warning the greens are not playable until they get them back. It's currently not worth the price. I've played this course when it was in better shape and enjoyed it. Be prepared for slow weekend rounds. The amount of blind shots and short par 4s lead to very slow pace, and I didn't see any marshals speeding up slow groups.

WORST GREENS EVER PLAYED BY FAR

Cart attendent was very rude. The worst greens by far I have ever played on. Mud for greens with no grass. Told me it was discounted $45 really. Should be $25. There was no info about the poor conditions of the greens on the website or golf now. Very disappointed wish I could have my money back. The layout of the course is acceptional but I would not reccomend this course to anybody and I’ll never play here again. Bulldoze the greens and start over.

First time playing this course

I thought that the layout of the course was very good. The greens were in bad shape and it was difficult to putt through a muddy area to the hole. I hope that the greens do come back this year as I would love to play here again. The rest of the course was in good condition. Pace was good as we played in just a little over 3 hours.

Valid dates: Nov 26, 2018 - Dec 31, 2019