Year Built 1926
Fairways Blue
Greens Blue
Architect Harry Collis

Diamond of South Suburbs

I played Glenwoodie yesterday, I walked and really enjoyed my game! The course even though we have had a lot of rain drains well and carts were allowed on the fairways.
The rough is tough and the greens are the best around.
Had a burger in the clubhouse wow what a bar and banquet center to behold. I ate on the tree outdoor wrap around deck beautiful. There is an automatic brick ball dispenser to lit real grass driving range can it get any better.

Great shape, poorly managed

I will start with the positive. The course is in excellent shape. The layout is very challenging with a nice mix of tough holes and fairly easy holes. With that being said do not try playing here early in the morning. They advertise tee times as early as 6am online. The last two times I booked times around 630am. The guy who was supposed to open up didn’t even show up until nearly 630am. Because they have a gate you couldn’t even get into parking lot. There were several groups literally waiting in their cars outside the parking lot. The grounds crew also starts very late. On 4 holes on the front we were waiting in the fairway for mowers, blowers, rollers, etc...to finish their work. They were still cutting and rolling greens at 11am. While preparing to take swings many times the workers left their lawnmowers and blowers running - it was often very loud and sometimes distracting. The price is good though so I guess you take the good with the bad.

What a place!!!

Had a 6:08 tee time. Arrived at 5:45 no one around. Gate, locked. I can wait for awhile.6:15 gate still locked. A few guys showing up. 6:30 more people showing up, gate still locked. 7:10 manager shows up, unlocks gate, and gate a hand full of cart keys to us. Then locks building up, then disappears. Leaving cart boy to run the show. He tells us to get your own cart, and you can settle up at the turn. well all the foursomes push to the front, and rush to the 1st tee. Showing there massive golf etiquette.. Now with four foursome on the 1st tee. And no intentions for letting a single go. I ask if anyone has a key to the building. Been there for an hour and a half. Coffee is starting to work. Was told there is a port-a-potty on number 12, over there.

Poor weather

Secret spot

This course is excellent and good value. long enough for the bombers but still challenging at shorter tees.

Commented on 08/21/2016

Great Course, Great Course Conditions and Great Friendly Staff.

Well maintained course

The course was in fine condition for this time of year.
Some forgiving fairways and large greens.
The back nine is challenging.
Great place to play golf.

long day

Wonderful course found online problem is to many people think they are professional player's. They can barely hit it past the white tee's.when there on there 6 shot and you drive it over there heads your the problem. Maybe if there was a ranger it may be quicker 5 1/2 hours way to long for 18 holes.

$13 for this course is a steal

This time through the course was sooo much better. Some rough was a bit shaggy so thinning but hey it's fall season. Tee boxes weren't torn up fairways were in nice shape for the time of year. Bunkers do need to be raked with the tractor and smoothed more often and those who play out of the bunkers need to rake them when done. Our cart also lasted us the whole round where as last time they didn't charge them enough and went through 3 carts. This time the weather for being overcast and a bit windy didn't really effect the course too much. In the spring it made the course play even harder especially on the uphill holes. Nice undulation on the greens but not so they are tour difficult either. Holes vary nicely in length and many test your skills a lot. They removed the stumps from trees they removed too bad they didn't replace them as with them it was a traditional layout without them it's a wide open parkland or a links style without burm and loads of sand. Glad to see them turn things around a bit for a better time out this fall and for $13-20 it's worth it over say coyote run or joe louis.

GLEENWOODIE

This is a very good course for the money....Fairways are tree lined and generous....The back nine is a lot harder than the front in my opinion....Enjoyed my round

Glenwoodie

good course great value. rough could be mowed down to help with the pace of play.

Rough is more forgiving than other courses

I was initially skeptical to play here considering I heard the course has very unforgiving rough. I was surprised that not only the pace of play but the ease at witch I found my balls off that tee that drifted into rough areas. The course layout is nice and pace of play was good especially considering the landscapers were moving and tending to the course while we played; they managed to stay out of the way so no complaints,

Easy front; challenging back; very good condition

Perfect weather day on this well-kept course. Rough was a bit longer than the typical municipal course and staying in the fairway is a premium. Iron shots from the rough are difficult. Greens in excellent shape as were the fairways. Easy front nine with straight back-and-forth hole layouts. Nice par 3 at #3 plays longer than it looks. Back nine much more challenging. Expect your score to be at least 5-6 strokes higher. Four holes cross the creek and its surrounding valley. Great last-minute rate thru GolfNow.

Never Again

Potentially good course. Thick rough punishes any shot that misses the fairway.

Glenwoodie

Excellent Course, wide manicured fairways with lots of hazards. Greens were large, fast, and hole placement challenging. You had to keep the ball in play in order to score well. I will definitely recommend this course. Denny

Fairways and greens

Course was in excellent condition, played in under 4hrs although the back nine played slower.

not bad but could be alot better

Overall not too bad.I have played there a few times but there are a couple of problems as I see it.First there is no second cut in the fairways and the rough is quite heavy,a few times I missed the fairway be afoot or so and then it was almost impossible to reach the green.Also the bunkers are not good,they are very hard underneath with only alittle loose sand on top.Plus there was a leaque going out so we had to play the front 9 twice,and we did run into a couple of numbskulls out there but that can happen anywhere.

Great course. Pace was a little slow. Great and friendly staff! Great value for the money.

A long round

Got an excellent deal on golf now. I figured they'd be slammed on a friday afternoon, and they were. Unfortunately, I was 2nd or 3rd tee time after an outing. Staff seemed confused as to how to get the non-outing players off the first tee. Also, toward end of round, the course decided to put children (lessons) on the course in front of our 4some. I love this course. It's one I've played for almost 20 years now. I just hope they manage the play time better.

minor problem

the course is good but the staff needs serious improvement when it comes to attitude.

Course

Everything was great. The only problem was the pace of play. We had a 4some ahead of us. They played sloooooow. Teeing up extra balls. The group ahead of them was two holes ahead. The ranger didn't say a word.

Bring a hammer

Enjoyed a round of golf with my buddy and another golfer that joined us. Course is in excellent condition except for the tee boxes. They are as hard as concrete. We could barely get our tees in the ground. I joked with my buddy, "Next time we play this course remind me to bring a hammer!". Get some water on those tee boxes! Otherwise, it was a great time.

Homewood, Illinois