Highland Walk Golf Course at Victoria Bryant

Year Built 1971

• Golf Advisor: Top 25 Value Courses in the U.S. (2018 #22)
  • Golf Advisor: Top 25 Courses for Pace of Play in the U.S. (2018 #12)
  • Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Georgia (2018 #17) (2016 #19)

Plays Long 11

My favorite

A wonderful day challenging all the clubs in my bag. Every part of the course is in great shape. The blue tees were pushed back, making you focus on hitting accurate shots. A great course to play in the North Georgia mountains and enjoy the fall colors.

Love this course!

Very challenging course w holes uphill and down. Buy the guide book first time there. Hit it where they say or it will be a long round. The greens were PERFECT. Top of the Hat to the greens keeper. I played this course 10 years ago. It is a great track. Go play it!!

Hot day but course is excellent

We had a hot day ( hit 102 about 1 PM) to play. Predictably not a lot of people on the course. There was some breeze and enough tree shade for us to cool off. Course was very good in providing cooler and ice to start. The course itself is probably the best public course I have played in many states over 50 years. I still don't know how they managed to keep the greens in great shape. Greens were receptive but did not leave ball marks. The course has a lot of elevation changes and moderately difficult. A must play for any golfer within a 100 miles of the course.

Customer Appreciation Day Success

Participated in Customer Appreciation Day, a well ran organized event Skills contest, range balls, club fitting, stroke play tournament, lunch, raffle drawing, goody bag , all for a great price. One of the best one day deals around.
Course in good to great shape, especially the greens, despite lack of rain & the heat we’ve had. They’re letting rough & surrounding areas grow in, which is good & not so good. More tournament conditions but also tougher. We played from senior tees & 2-3 holes still long & may need to be looked at & adjusted. Thanks Bill, Eric, Doug, Bar H bar b que & all the volunteers for a great day! We’ve played 7 of the 8 state park courses & recommend all

29fd3998-f74c-5ef2-a741-466e739c23e9
Commented on 10/04/2019

Many thanks for your participation and strong support. Appreciate your feedback and will look at the couple issues you mentioned.

Always great course to play and always in excellent condition. My wife loves this course because of the layout and the challenges. Everyone should make the trip to enjoy the scenery and a day out you will enjoy.

Great condition, especialy for the hot weather we have had lately

We played the course a little while back, maybe 6 months ago, really liked it then, but just have not gotten back because we play a lot of different courses. Played it again on 9/13 and found it to be in great condition so we went back again on 9/16. Our drive was 45 miles each way but found the courses to be well worth the money and the drive.

Our favorite course

This is a great course to hone your game using every club in your bag. The holes are a good mix of challenging, to very challenging, to difficult. You have to be on top of your swing otherwise the course gods and the state forest will eat up your balls. The greens are perfect and birdies will be had if you can put. Great amenities, always nice people and plenty of ice and water stations on the course. Have fun but make sure your big stick is working.

Always enjoy this course.

Course is in great shape! People are always friendly. Recommend this course to everyone I know.

One of the best

I have been playing golf in Georgia since 1997; and playing this course since early 2,000's. To me this is one of the best public courses in the State. The layout is very conducive to challenging all facets of your game. Woods, long irons and short irons are all used on the array of interesting layouts for the holes. Accuracy is needed on nearly every hole, except maybe no#1. The first hole and second hole lulls you into thinking that this course is easy; but soon the golf gods slap you in the face when you get to No#3. I like to play the Blue tees on this course, because if you are an average golfer, you need to bring your A game to go home with a decent score. Playing this course certainly shrinks the balls (golf) and everything else. Everybody needs a shrinking some time to bring you back to reality. Have a great round at a great course; you will need the well wishes.

Georgia Advisor

Fun Course - Good Conditions - Great Value

I have played Highland Walk several times and each time I play I have a great time and enjoy the golf course.

The wort part of the entire day was the golf cart attendant. He was rude and tried to be bossy. We were trying to get ice for the cooler (heat index was 100 today and so we needed water and ice) Cart attendant yelled at my partner and I to come to him vs. going into the club house to get ice. We did not realize he was hollering at us. We thought he was hollering at another person who was returning a cart to the car return area.
Other than the rude cart attendant, the place is great. The greens were recently aerated so the greens were not in pristine condition, but give them a couple weeks and they will be back to their normal, great condition.
During our round it began pouring rain for about 20 minutes so the course was wet and soggy, but that did not stop us from having a great time and a great round. I really like the layout and the challenge of the course. There is only one hole (#7) which is goofy and gimmicky. Other than #7, the holes are fun, challenging and a true test. They do a great job keeping the course in great condition.
There are lots of elevation changes and holes where you have to hike up and down hills to get to the greens, but other than that, I highly recommend Highland Walk.

Go play this course!

If you love a challenge and some great greens, go make the drive to Royston to play here! Worth the drive! Love getting an early tee time and playing a quick 18 on a challenging course! I’ll be going back often!

Beautiful Challenging Course

The course was in great shape despite the heavy rains we've had recently. Loved it.

Beautiful course

Loved the course but it is difficult for older legs. Lots of climbing up and down hills. It was in great shape and well maintained.

Great Sunday round

Course was in great shape even with storms that rolled through last night. Greens rolled true and fairways were like a well manicured lawn. More than worth the greens fees friendly staff nice laid back place to play. Don’t be fooled Awsome layouts but some challenging holes greens are of ample size pretty open. Definitely one of my new favorites.

Hidden beauty of a course.

First time on this course and was very impressed! I’m an avg golfer and found it very challenging but not too difficult. Beautiful area and the course is in great shape. Well worth the drive up to play. Will definitely be back this summer for another round. And a great price on Golf Now!

Picturesque and challenging course

In my estimation, this is one of the most beautiful and well-kept golf courses in Georgia! I have played it many times before, but the conditions now are perfect! I will certainly be back soon!

Georgia Gem

Soft even fairways, spongy consistent greens, beautiful vistas, and a combination of challenging and easy holes. I will definitely be back!

Hartwell, Georgia