Type Public/Municipal
Style Links

Buffalo Run Golf Course is a locally acclaimed 18-hole, municipal course in Commerce City. The links-style layout covers 7,411 yards from its longest tees with a par of 72. Designed by Keith Foster, there are challenging elements such as water hazards and bunkers that come into play on the course. The wind creates difficulty on this golf course. Buffalo Run Golf Course's front nine is less challenging than the back nine but it builds up good practice for the second half of the game. One hole to note is the demanding 13th hole. It is a par-3 that has a well-placed bunker near the green.

Buffalo Run Golf Course

Year Built 1996
Fairways Blue Grass
Greens Blue Grass
Architect Keith Foster

Carts Yes - $17

Dress code T-shirts, tank-tops, gym clothing and excessively worn clothing is not permitted.

Bar, Restaurant

Fun Track

Enjoyed our first drive to Buffalo Run. Staff is great

Aerated Green

Waisted 64.00 today. Greens were aerated and ruined the entire experience. Course should communicate that before allowing tee times.

Very disappointed.

Buffalo Run has gone downhill

Awesome staff, conditions were terrible. Way too much sand on greens after aerating. Tons of GUR. Letting the playing areas go. Will not go back soon.

I didn’t want to pull my hair out

Some of the courses in this area are ridiculous in terms of difficulty. I typically shoot high 70s or low 80s, this course offered wide fair ways and smaller greens. That’s a good thing for someone that wants to work on the short game without hitting out of a jungle. The greens were well kept and the course played beautifully. I’ll definitely be back before the weather makes a turn for winter

Bad Management

This has nothing to do with the course itself but the management. I bought a Players Pass in 2019 at a charity event. Shortly after I purchased the pass I injured my shoulder. I was not certain if I was going to heal without surgery and was not able to do anything with my left arm. Ended up having surgery in August. My wife was in a car accident in 2018 and also had shoulder surgery a week after mine. We could not do anything through the rest of the year. My wife just had to have neck surgery due to the car accident. The last thing on my mind was the golf pass that I bought. Finally got through rehab and ready to get back to golf in 2020. Then we have the pandemic where I lost my company and both of us are not working. I found my players pass and thought that with these circumstances they would be a little forgiving about allowing me to get some use out of it this year. Called them and they said no way. Usually when you buy passes like this if you go through the expiration without using it you could get your purchase value applied to something else. The manager would not even do this and said that I would have to go back to the charity for a refund. How ridiculous. Buffalo Run did donate the pass to Belleview Christian School but the wrote the entire amount off in their taxes. I thought that they would have allowed me to use the pass because I would be bringing paying players with me and introducing new people to the course. That is what these passes are used for, Marketing. The management does not care at all about people that are hurting out there. The only response from them was for me to get a refund from Belleview.

Cart restrictions

Eight holes today with cart required to stay on court path. On a hot day that is how to ruin a round of golf for some of us over the age of 25.

Not friendly to newcomers

Poor treatment when entering pro shop - Not welcomed we had a threesome instead of foursome- paid for the 4th player anyway and was told we could have our Own carts. The young girl was struggling with payment - we then went out in 2 carts and let a 2 some go through on 2nd hole. Then a single player ion next hole- then we had a 3 some on us by 4 tee- we were frustrated with being played into early , then we actuality had 2 guys cone out and finally give us a cart and they received a call that there were complaints and the possibility of an assault on my girlfriend “so they said.”.
We laughed as my partner hails from NY and I from Chicago so we are pretty loud- Especially watching the 2 players make a combined 26 on the hole. My girlfriend was only upset due to the poor planning on the pairings and having to drive past her ball since we had a 3rd group in 3 holes play right into us due to having 2 carts and letting the 2 some play through on 2 (courtesy for Less players), but took 25 minutes to play one hole !
Needless to say- NOT a fun start! We suggested tying up.into 4somes or at least 3 players for smoother play...
After that the head ranger came out- we apologized for speed of play that was NOT our fault at all, and for the call the accused one of us of assaulting my girlfriend- And of course nothing of the sort happened at all-
We explained what had transpired and he understood and said “enjoy the rest of our round-
Play sped up and all was well as he checked in is 2wice more - However, my girlfriend decided to not play last 7 holes because she was frustrated and practicing for an upcoming event - and she said her day and concentration was ruined in the 2nd - 5th hole-
I feel the young girl at the desk should have received assistance from other male in the shop who paid no attention to us upon entry and gave us no assistance, which was not a favor to us for our 1st time on course-
The track itself was well taken care of and challenging enough without worrying about balls being fired at us from 1green until 5th fairway!
Course - well groomed and great - staff that day other than older gentleman who rode out to is - D- poor

Poorly maintained, but very nice course

I really like this layout and wish that it was better maintained. When it initially opened it was a gem. It was well run and played like a top flight public course, but now it is maintained like a poor muni. The exception would be the greens, they were very nice. The tee boxes and fairways were spotty, and the grass off the cart paths was worn out or dirt. The traps had "sand" that looked like clay. It really needs some love to get back to what it once was.

Great for Twilight

First time I’ve been at Buffalo Run for awhile. Pleasantly surprised by the course conditions. Greens were very fast and in good shape, although they were littered with ball marks. We got a good deal with Cart for 9 holes for $24 per person late in the afternoon, that’s one of the better deals around town. I will defUnitedly be returning to this course in the future.

Greens are fabulous

Fabulous greens and two out of three fairways are awesome. There are a number of fairways were it seems topsoil was in short supply. Great layout. Quite a nice outing

Course is in good shape

The course is in good shape even with the summer heat beating down. Pace of play was a little slower than what is expected. There was also a fair amount of construction happening around the course with the new houses being built. Still one of my favorite courses to play.

Highly anticipated

A nice well kept and very well layed out course. The rough has a treacherous strain of grass and some fast greens be warned haha

Nothing special..

Th course itself is ok .it is a non walkable real estate development. Course condition is average. Greens loaded with ball marks. Course pushes carts off hole far from green. It results in a ton of walking and slower play.

Hot and Noisy

Played golf in a war zone. Road construction, house construction-very noisy. Slow group in front of us (a twosome) with 5 open holes in front of them. Way too much cart path only.

Construction site.

This course has no trees and tons of tall grass. The rough was cut in what seemed like layers so your ball was deep in the whole time.

The course had no real character. You could tell they wanted it to pass a very nice course, however it was not.

You can only ride your cart on half the course which defeats the purpose.

If this course cost half the price it does to play it would definitely be worth it, but for $60 with a cart I would definitely avoid this place and do something in Denver. Every public course in Denver is more affordable and in much better shape.

Commented on 07/12/2020

Agree -- this place is a dog track. There are much better places to play in Aurora like Murphy Creek, Meadow Hills and Saddle Rock.

Brighton, Colorado