2.6

Year Built 1937
Architect George Cobb (1967) MacCurrach Golf

Dress code No Tank Tops or Cutoffs

Nice course great vale

Probably can't get a better value. If yo are looking for all the bells and whistle's this may not be the course for you. However if you just want to get out and play a round it works out great. Of note you my want to cal to check directions as our GPS got us into the international paper factory.

Commented On 2019-01-22T14:56:22.000+00:00

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Mary Calder Golf Club, and for the 3 stars. We hope that you enjoyed playing our golf course and that you will continue to see improvements in the course conditions the next time you are with us. It looks like you had a smooth round and a friendly experience with us, so we are glad to see that. Thank you for recommending our golf course, we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented On 2019-01-22T14:54:04.000+00:00

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to review our course, Mary Calder Golf Club, and for the 3 stars. We hope that you enjoyed playing our golf course and that you will continue to see improvements in the course the next time you are with us. We are glad to see that you had a smooth round and a friendly experience with us. Thank you for playing our golf course, we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Early winter round ok

Greens are good. Fairways are getting a little thin because we’ve had the first frost. Likely won’t get any new grass for a couple months. For the money it’s a good place to work on your game.

Good value

Played here several times this year. The course was a little wet in spots due to recent rains but greens were in good shape. This is a great layout to work on your game. Great value for the money.

Response from Mary Calder Golf Club on 11/02/2018:
Hello, thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to review your experience with us, we truly appreciate your feedback and will certainly pass it along to our team. We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to the 5-star experience that you deserve.

Great price, course is in pretty good shape

Have played here several times the past few years. Improvements have been made to fairways and greens. Conditions are pretty good now and if you can snag a hot deal tee time it’s well worth the money.

I have not been playing that course over the last several years but I started playing it over 20 years ago. The course is not maintained, The greens were not bad but the fairways and overall course needs more frequent cutting. The cart paths have many pot holes. It needs cleaning. I could be a lovely little course as it was back in the day.

Response from Mary Calder Golf Club on 09/05/2018:
Hello, thank you for reviewing our course, Mary Calder Golf Club. We strive to provide the best possible customer experience to our golfers, and we apologize if we missed the mark. Your loyalty to our course is valued and we hope you will see improvements the next time you are with us. Thank you for choosing to play our course, in the Chatham County area, and we hope to earn your business again soon.

Overall great value

This is not a great course in the grand tradition; they won't be holding the state am here anytime soon. But then again, where else can you play as inexpensively in a relaxed atmosphere? This is the perfect track for beginners; the course has just enough variance to be interesting and moderately challenging but does not have all the nonsense associated with many of the pretentious grand courses with forced carries and 15' deep sand traps. The course is a little rough around the edges, and sometimes you run into little oddities on the greens, tufts of weeds here and there, but I've seen worse. There's generally grass in the fairways, so there's that. The clubhouse is dingy and the posters on the wall are a good 40 years old, but the staff is always friendly. Very good, down home atmosphere that remind me of the courses I used to play decades ago when I first learned the game. Long as I'm in the area, I'll always play there from time-to-time.

Ehhhhhh....not bad

Hey this is a decent 9 hole course.... nothing fancy, definitely not worth what they are charging at the door... 32dollars to play 18 that is ridiculous.... there are way better courses here for the same amount of money but for what I played on the golf now app, not a bad course....

Response from Mary Calder Golf Club on 04/20/2018:
Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Mary Calder Golf Club, and for the 3 stars. We're very sorry to hear you may have had a poor customer experience with us recently, and we appreciate your feedback so we may work on improvements for your future experience with us. It looks like you had a smooth round and ahad a fun time on the course, so we are glad to see that. Thank you for your choosing our course, in the Savannah area, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Response from Mary Calder Golf Club on 04/11/2018:
We are sorry to see that the course may not have been in the best shape when you played and your feedback is appreciated. It looks like you had a friendly experience with our staff, , so we hope this improved your overall experience with us. Thank you for recommending our golf course, Mary Calder Golf Club, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Nice day.....

Busy day At the MC. Had a good time. Worked on my game today. No rush. Tee to green great for the price. Very friendly staff!!!!

Nice day.....

Early tee time...... First one out...pace of play excellent. Great course to work on your game. Can't beat the price. Less than a bucket of balls. Cameron the super, nice as all and really cares on improving the course. Paul and I spoke for a few which I'll be attending some events. If you have a golf fix, hit this course up. Give it a few months and the course should be improving. Tough winter with a lot of rain. Shout out to the few staff members at the Mary!!!!!

Response from Mary Calder Golf Club on 03/20/2018:

Good time

An oasis in an industrial area, don’t let this stop you had a great day..9 hole 2 tee boxes nice condition for February, greens were decent, bunkers decent,fairways ruff but will return in the spring, nice staff

Response from Mary Calder Golf Club on 02/20/2018:
Thanks so much, Todd, for writing a review for our course. We are so happy that you enjoyed your round with us. We rely on our customers' feedback to help us provide a great golf experience for every round. Thanks so much for contributing. We will share your insights with our team, and we hope to see you back again soon.

Great day despite terrible conditions

I read all the reviews prior to booking, and I was reluctant to play but I’m beyond happy that I did. It was incredibly cold, and slightly drizzling but it didn’t downplay the course, whatsoever. The fairways and greens were surprisingly nice, better than some courses in Bluffton. The only issue was the construction for some of the ditches on the fairways. Staff was incredibly friendly, felt like a family was running the course. I would recommend this course to a friend, and I can’t wait to see how much the course improves in the future.

Response from Mary Calder Golf Club on 01/05/2018:
Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Mary Calder Golf Club, and for the 3 stars. We hope that you enjoyed playing our golf course and that you will see improvements in the course conditions the next time you are with us. It looks like you had a smooth round and a friendly experience with our staff, so we are glad to see that. Thank you for recommending our golf course, in the Savannah, GA area, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Great for beginners

We're on vacation and hadn't golfed for about 2 months. This was the perfect course to get the feel of it again. Would definitely recommend it for beginners or hackers like us.

Response from Mary Calder Golf Club on 10/26/2017:
Hello Kevin, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Mary Calder Golf Club in the Jekyll Island/Savannah area, and for the 3 stars. We see that the course may not have been in the best conditions when you played and your feedback is appreciated for future improvements. However, we're glad you enjoyed our course layout and received a great value for your round. Thank you for your choosing our course and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
3.5719352941

Valid dates: Apr 13, 2019 - Apr 16, 2019
The Ak-Chin Smash in the Sun Stay & Play includes a three night stay at Harrah’s Ak-Chin, two rounds of golf at Ak-Chin Southern Dunes, and the ideal location to catch all of the long drive action during the Ak-Chin Smash in the Sun!