Southbridge Golf Club

Southbridge Golf Club
Scorecard for Southbridge
Gold M: 73.2/133 318 390 173 506 211 447 402 406 578 3431 417 207 406 190 421 372 567 409 497 3486 6917
Blue M: 71.5/130 286 369 137 490 183 432 368 385 551 3201 391 187 384 179 358 350 545 398 480 3272 6473
SMGA M: 70.4/126 286 356 138 490 159 395 361 368 510 3063 391 178 383 144 356 349 543 377 452 3173 6236
White M: 69.0/123 W: 74.6/129 274 360 107 481 162 395 347 367 510 3003 333 176 322 143 347 329 522 376 454 3002 6005
Green M: 66.4/116 262 324 100 432 154 344 257 317 460 2650 297 160 273 130 315 321 482 350 406 2734 5384
Red W: 69.7/116 250 319 97 424 146 336 249 308 453 2582 293 154 269 124 312 312 313 341 399 2517 5099
Silver W: 65.9/106 200 255 97 386 158 269 236 237 415 2253 293 91 233 90 264 270 285 292 344 2162 4415

Year Built 1989
Architect Rees Jones (1989) Keith Evans (1989)

Golf School Academy Yes - "Jones Savannah Golf School"

Dress code Proper golf attire. No blue jeans will be allowed. Men are required to wear golf shirts.

Golf now

Course didn't know I had booked tee time on golfnow for three. Then charged $20 over what golfnow had said. Didnt realize it till I had left the course.Disappointed.

Response from Southbridge Golf Club on 09/20/2018:
Hello, thank you for taking the time to review us at Southbridge Golf Club. We apologize for any confusion or misunderstanding regarding your recent reservation booked through GolfNow. We appreciate your dedication to playing our course and hope we can continue to provide you with a valuable golf experience. We value your feedback and hope to welcome you back for another round soon.

Solid Course

Course was in excellent condition. Enjoyed the round. If I'm ever back in the area will play again.

A great course

A very reasonable course. No mean tricks. Two problems though. Our cart was poorly charged and we barely made the 18 without needing to call for a replacement. That's not the big thing however. The cart paths are in horrible shape we are players who always want to stay off the well manicured grass so it was a considerable problem. Obviously trees that make the course beautiful have the roots that disrupt the concrete so it's a trade off. I'm looking forward to playing the course again when back in savannah.

Good conditions

Had an early tee time, went out at 7:15 am. Fairways and tee boxes in very good shape. Greens were great, putted well. Haven’t been here in a year but this course is in good shape and a fun outing. Was very,busy by the end of our round, so I’d recommend going early.

Early

Decent day. First off tee. No one in front. Greens rolled well. Tees and fairways were good. No pin change, wore out edges. Some unplayable traps. Cart paths a beaten on you....

Response from Southbridge Golf Club on 08/30/2018:
Hello, thank you for sharing your review. We truly appreciate both your positive and constructive feedback and will be sure to pass it along to our team. We’re thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time at Southbridge Golf Club and also appreciate your input on our Cart paths. We hope to welcome you back for an enjoyable experience on the course in the near future.

Nice Layout, needs renovation

Course itself was ok. Was a little soggy but course got a good bit of rain so that was expected. Previous review mentioned cart paths and they were truly terrible. I put covers on my clubs and it’s a good thing or line would be damaged. The tee box issue is what I can’t wrap my head around. The blue tee markers were only offered on a handful of holes and never quite knew which we were supposed to be playing. Overall considering price, it’s not a bad option here in Savannah. Next time I might take the drive to Hilton Head instead though.

Response from Southbridge Golf Club on 07/30/2018:
Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Southbridge Golf Club, and for the 3 stars. We hope that you enjoyed playing our golf course and that you will see improvements in the course conditions the next time you are with us. It looks like you had a smooth round and a friendly experience with our staff, so we are glad to see that. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Very Enjoyable

Played here 4 or 5 times a year for 4 or 5 years. The course was in the best shape I have ever seen. The greens putted very well...if you like moderately fast greens. They were a little hard, but it was very hot so I can understand that. We will definitely be back soon.

Course is the best thing about experience

Cart paths still rattle your teeth but traps are slowly getting better. Carts are still run down. Didn't see anyone in the pro shop so we just went to the first tee.

The course was in great shape and you won't be disappointed in that regard.

Confusing tee boxes

Fun course great condition. But the tee boxes are marked with a variety of different tee box markers. Very confusting. You could probably buy some two by fours and cut them and spray paint them if cost is an issue for not have uniformity.

Pleasantly suprised

Didn't know what to expect, have played here dozen of times over 14 years. Greens in good shape, 12 of the 14 fairways were good. Will play it again.

Decent value

I booked a round after getting a great deal on GolfNow. The course was in pretty good shape. Yes, the cart paths need a lot of work but I found them passable as long as you pay attention and drive slowly. They certainly need to be replaced though. The carts are older but were fine minus no cooler and no ball holders. I played from the men’s white tees and I agree with some previous reviewers about the markers on the tee box being confusing; They were mismatched and changed depending on which hole you were on. Some were white and some were white with blue tips which indicated different things depending on which hole you were on. Please standardize your markers on the tee boxes. A decent value overall. Will probably play here again.

Plays Once a year
Response from Southbridge Golf Club on 06/11/2018:
Hello, on behalf of Southbridge Golf Club staff we appreciate you taking the time to address your concerns as we are always looking to improve. We are disappointed to hear that you were not happy with the conditions of the course but still hope you enjoyed your round. Again, we appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon.

Poor cart paths

Course and greens were nice. Tee box markers were hard to tell which one you were at. Colors were hard to see until you are on them. If you went to the wrong one drive back or just play it. Carts and cart paths SUCKED!!! My back still hurts from the ride between shots.

Good course, but........

I've played SouthBridge many times and my review is always the same- good course but terrible carts paths and carts. The course was wet from recent rains so some of the rough was high but the course played fine.

You'll have to coast around the course on very broken up cart paths. If you're not watching, you'll come off your seat even if you're going slowly. This has caused players to go around trouble spots and tear up these areas.

The carts have little to no brakes and no ball slots so anything left in the dash of the carts will fall out. The course is the only thing worth praising.

“Rough round”

My wife and I booked a tee time here last minute. The golf course was just great. They had recently had some serious rain and the fairways may have rolled a little short on some of the tee balls, but the greens were true and accepting of approach shots. The course has houses around, but it was very quiet and it felt like a real wooded course. Enough water to keep you honest. Fairways moved right and left equally, so you had to plan the approach shots. I loved “the golf course”.

Now for the bad. And it was REAL bad. I had read prior reviews discussing the state of the cart paths and thought “what a bunch of complainers”. Unfortunately they were right. The cart paths are almost not drivable. The large pines have essentially destroyed the cart path to the point it is almost dangerous. With our luck it was cart path only the day we played! We could have played in well under 4 hours, but to navigate the cart path really slowed you down.

If you want a really nice course to “golf” on, this course is a deal. But I have to say I wouldn’t play it again because of the cart paths. And I LIVE for golf.

Great Price

The price for the quality of course was fantastic. Layout was challenging but also rewarding when finding fairways. Greens in above average shape and pace of play was perfect. Awesome course

Valid dates: Oct 19, 2018 - Dec 20, 2018