A view of a hole at Southbridge Golf Club

Southbridge Savannah Golf Club

Year Built 1989
Architect Rees Jones (1989) Keith Evans (1989)

Golf School Academy Yes - "Jones Savannah Golf School"

Dress code Proper golf attire. No blue jeans will be allowed. Men are required to wear golf shirts.

Restaurant

Clubhouse, Banquet Facilities

Looking Good

This course is looking really good. Still needs a little work but Play was still above par. Looking forward to playing it often in the future.

Much improved

Condition of the course is MUCH IMPROVED over 6 months ago Still a little rough around the edges but fairways are good and greens smooth and fast . Excellent staff. Well worth the $

Getting better

My front nine was very slow. Being a single on Friday it would make sense. But the issue was I wasn’t told the nines had been switched. I had jumped ahead of players who were playing their last nine. When I made the turn I didn’t see another golfer. I was frustrated I wasn’t told.

The course was wet from recent rains so some fairways were cart path only. Their fairways have finally grown in and the greens are a lot better than earlier this season. They are doing a good job in improving the course.

Love the course but a little soggy from storms

I love coming down here from Charlotte. Staff friendly and helpful. Course is getting in decent shape. A lot of soggy areas and certain traps marked in blue to place drops but the course is fun to play. I come to Savannagh to visit my daughter and always play here.

Enjoyable experience!

Friendly staff, check-in was a breeze. The course is in good condition. Fairways and rough are well managed. Green are in good condition with very few bare spots and some grass sprigs in places. Nothing to affect putting. Pace of play was great. Played with two local members. Great day!

Fun and Fair

I played just after a rain and had the course to myself. Beautiful setting and well maintained course. The staff was friendly and my experience was good. The only negative was what appears to be some spots in the green effected by a fungus. Classic Rees Jones layout rewards good shots.

Great Course for Price

In from Dallas and had a great experience plying with beautiful scenery. Greens need some work but not too bad for the price and overall upkeep.

Birdman

Course is undergoing significant changes. So one needs to be patient. Greens need work. Back nine need a lot of mower work. Other than that it can be a 4 star easily.

Commented on 06/23/2020

Hello, thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is very important to us. Please know that we are working to get everything up to par as the current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game, and we will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Southbridge Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon.

A little wet but fun!

Some parts of the course were a bit wet, and some of the fairways were not cut properly, causing slow conditions rather than the usual firm and fast conditions at Southbridge. Greens seemed to be in good shape. Course staff is friendly, and Courtney on the beverage cart is outstanding, always with a warm smile and a friendly word.

Great course for the money.

Great layout and fun to play. You can tell course is coming along. Bunkers and greens need a little work. Great course for the price....and the cart person serving bevs was awesome.

The course was aerated

Greens and fairways were aerated. There was clumps of sand on the greens and large holes in the fairways. I realize that this has to be done, but we shouldn't be charged full price at the same time.

Commented on 06/09/2020

Hi, thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the conditions of the fairways and greens are very important to us. We are working to get everything up to par as the current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game, and will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Southbridge Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Add one

The layout was good, conditions fair, but you have to add one to every approach shot or you'll hit into the face of each elevated green and come up short. I don't know if it's the Donald Ross influence in this region or just necessary to make every green a hogback. It's a bit monotonous.
Greens were a bit spotty and kept them from being true.

Staff/course

Golf shop staff, professional/welcoming...Thx Carter ... Course played challenging However fair...!

Commented on 05/27/2020

Hi, thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back!

Surprised

Was surprised with how nice the course was. Having heard people say bad things I was definitely shocked. Greens were smooth and fast and the layout was challenging lots of opportunities to work on some new strategies. Will be back.

A work in progress

Southbridge is a work in progress as the club continues to make improvements to the course. Many of the fairway bunkers are still listed as ground under repair, and the cart paths are bumpy. The course plays hard and fast -- a solid drive can run out quite a bit (sometimes through the fairway), and the greens won't hold many shots. The greens are very fast, so chipping and putting can be tricky. Course personnel are friendly and accommodating -- Courtney on the beverage cart is an OUTSTANDING addition. The Rees Jones design is fun to play, and once the improvements are made to the course, it will be hard to find a better value.

Give them a chance

My in-laws live on number 4 and I have played the course 10+ times over the last two years. The first time I played there, it was horrendous. The fairways were concrete, the greens were burned, and tee boxes were sand! Over the last two years the course was purchased from what I was told was the HOA of Southbridge, and its really coming around and looking great. Give them a chance, support the course, and go out and have a nice round of golf. Without support, they can not make the improvements they need to make the course immaculate.

Very dry

This area hasn’t had much rain lately and the watering system I’ve heard is broken. This caused the fairways and green to be very hard. It was like playing in Ireland where you can bounce the ball onto the green.

The carts are new and the staff very friendly and working hard to improve the condition of the course. With some rain and TLC this course will improve.

Commented on 05/13/2020

Hi, uARQX1070AR! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. Please know the current conditions are by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We will continue to work towards a 5-star experience and we hope to see you back!

Bogey course

The first thing you realize is how beautiful the hole is. The second thing is the joke of a green. It’s like putting on concrete . It’s not tournament style, it’s ludicrous. Course needs to repair every square foot of pathway too. I would t pay more than $25 to golf here.

Commented on 05/13/2020

Hello, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. We have projects underway to recover the greens and hope you'll bear with us through this transition and give us another try in the near future. Thanks for choosing Southbridge Golf Club.

Hot day but great to go out and play

Course was wide open most of the day. Since it was hot, the greens were dry. First time playing this course but my son and I enjoyed it immensely. I will play when back in Savannagh.

Southbridge is making upgrades!

This course seems to be getting better with each visit. Tee boxes and bunkers still need a little work, but the fairways are in pretty good shape. Greens were extremely fast -- downhill putts were impossible to judge. Southbridge has added a very friendly cart girl -- great addition! -- and my playing partners said the bar staff was outstanding (although I didn't go in for a drink myself). The course needs a starter at #1 to manage tee times, but other than that, it seems to be a nice place to play.

Pooler, Georgia