Southbridge Golf Club

Practice bunker: Yes
Golf school / academy: Yes - "Jones Savannah Golf School"

Dress code: Proper golf attire. No blue jeans will be allowed. Men are required to wear golf shirts.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Discover Welcomed

Location is convenient to the city near the airport worth the drive   Great for locals advanced golfers seniors   Challenges include bunkers water hazards undulating greens   Great for drinks

"Confusing tee boxes"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/18/2018

Fun course great condition. But the tee boxes are marked with a variety of different tee box markers. Very confusting. You could probably buy some two by fours and cut them and spray paint them if cost is an issue for not have uniformity.

"Pleasantly suprised"

sdreid25's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/16/2018

Didn't know what to expect, have played here dozen of times over 14 years. Greens in good shape, 12 of the 14 fairways were good. Will play it again.

"Decent value"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/12/2018

I booked a round after getting a great deal on GolfNow. The course was in pretty good shape. Yes, the cart paths need a lot of work but I found them passable as long as you pay attention and drive slowly. They certainly need to be replaced though. The carts are older but were fine minus no cooler and no ball holders. I played from the men’s white tees and I agree with some previous reviewers about the markers on the tee box being confusing; They were mismatched and changed depending on which hole you were on. Some were white and some were white with blue tips which indicated different things depending on which hole you were on. Please standardize your markers on the tee boxes. A decent value overall. Will probably play here again.

reginald1920247's avatar
Plays:  Once a year

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/07/2018

Response from Southbridge Golf Club on 06/11/2018:

Hello, on behalf of Southbridge Golf Club staff we appreciate you taking the time to address your concerns as we are always looking to improve. We are disappointed to hear that you were not happy with the conditions of the course but still hope you enjoyed your round. Again, we appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon.

AlfredB8288148's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/06/2018

"Poor cart paths"

JCBSR's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/05/2018

Course and greens were nice. Tee box markers were hard to tell which one you were at. Colors were hard to see until you are on them. If you went to the wrong one drive back or just play it. Carts and cart paths SUCKED!!! My back still hurts from the ride between shots.

"Good course, but........"

uARQX1070AR's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/03/2018
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

I've played SouthBridge many times and my review is always the same- good course but terrible carts paths and carts. The course was wet from recent rains so some of the rough was high but the course played fine.

You'll have to coast around the course on very broken up cart paths. If you're not watching, you'll come off your seat even if you're going slowly. This has caused players to go around trouble spots and tear up these areas.

The carts have little to no brakes and no ball slots so anything left in the dash of the carts will fall out. The course is the only thing worth praising.

"“Rough round”"

Richard3852603's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/25/2018

My wife and I booked a tee time here last minute. The golf course was just great. They had recently had some serious rain and the fairways may have rolled a little short on some of the tee balls, but the greens were true and accepting of approach shots. The course has houses around, but it was very quiet and it felt like a real wooded course. Enough water to keep you honest. Fairways moved right and left equally, so you had to plan the approach shots. I loved “the golf course”.

Now for the bad. And it was REAL bad. I had read prior reviews discussing the state of the cart paths and thought “what a bunch of complainers”. Unfortunately they were right. The cart paths are almost not drivable. The large pines have essentially destroyed the cart path to the point it is almost dangerous. With our luck it was cart path only the day we played! We could have played in well under 4 hours, but to navigate the cart path really slowed you down.

If you want a really nice course to “golf” on, this course is a deal. But I have to say I wouldn’t play it again because of the cart paths. And I LIVE for golf.

"Great Price"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/22/2018

The price for the quality of course was fantastic. Layout was challenging but also rewarding when finding fairways. Greens in above average shape and pace of play was perfect. Awesome course

"Awesome"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/19/2018

My favorite course to play it is in excellent condition and the staff is awesome

Tarheel7375's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/10/2018

Nice course and conditions were okay for this time of year. Bermuda in the fairways is slow coming in.. Greens were in fair condition even though they had been aerated and sanded. Some sand traps are still under repair. Others were nice.

knarf1058's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/02/2018

"Needs a lot of money..."

Frogislander's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/25/2018

Have played this course a number of times but it has been over a year since last outing. If anything the course is in worse shape than our last outing and it was pretty bad then.

Golf carts are in rough shape...parking brakes did not work on either cart in our four ball. Cart paths, simply put, are dangerous. Many tee boxes are actually “domed.” Pin placements must have been done by the “Pin Placement Clown.”

This could be a really good course but needs a lot of money and a lot of time. In the four years that we have played this course we have seen no indication of either. We won’t be back. Unfortunate conditions for what could be a very nice piece of golf real estate.

Response from Southbridge Golf Club on 04/27/2018:

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review us, Southbridge Golf Club, in the Savannah, Georgia area. We're very sorry to hear you may not have had the best recent customer experience with us due to the pace of play, and we greatly appreciate your feedback regarding the carts so we may work towards any necessary improvements. We also appreciate your dedication to playing our course over the years and hope we can continue to provide you with a valuable golf experience. Thank you for golfing with us, and we hope to see you again soon.

"Pace of play is awful"

tallent3's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/22/2018

This is the third time I have played this course. I like the course, its a bit tight but nice. It is not worth more than $40. The problem is everytime I come it takes 6-6 hrs for a round. The POP is the worst. Everytime! They never have a starter and no one manages tee times as far as I can tell. I was with a foursome on the teebox, looking at a foursome in the fairway who was looking at a foursome putting. Don't think I will be back anytime soon.

Response from Southbridge Golf Club on 04/27/2018:

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review us, Southbridge Golf Club, in the Savannah, Georgia area. We're very sorry to hear you may not have had the best recent customer experience with us due to the pace of play, and we greatly appreciate your feedback. We also appreciate your dedication to playing our course over the years and hope we can continue to provide you with a valuable golf experience. Thank you for golfing with us, and we hope to see you again soon.

Oyvinn2223820's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/22/2018

Response from Southbridge Golf Club on 04/27/2018:

Hello, thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the condition of the greens. We can assure you our staff works tirelessly to keep the course in tip-top shape!

"Chaodic"

trey9999's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/22/2018
Previously played Used cart Windy weather

Went to the course to hit a bucket of balls before the round and no one was at the desk for check in. waited over 20 minutes and still no one showed up. someone in front of me was trying to pay for green fees and went to the bar to get help. she came up but unable to collect their money and told them to go on (to bad I pre-paid). No starter, and with the chaos at check in several groups started at once causing a very long front nine. Had to skip a hole to get past a really slow 5'some on the back to play the last 7 holes in an hour. Total round was over 4.5 hours with the mess at the beginning. Usually I play this course in less than 3 hours (group of 2), and after today may look elsewhere to play for awhile.

Response from Southbridge Golf Club on 04/27/2018:

Hello Trey, thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to review your experience with us, we truly appreciate your feedback and will certainly pass it along to our team. We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to the 5-star experience that you deserve.

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/21/2018

Response from Southbridge Golf Club on 04/27/2018:

Hello, thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to review your experience with us, we truly appreciate your feedback and will certainly pass it along to our team. We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to the 5-star experience that you deserve.

"Don’t be fooled by the copy or others ratings"

Kingsbag's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/13/2018

This course must have been lovely but it is not now. Play somewhere else.

Response from Southbridge Golf Club on 04/16/2018:

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Southbridge Golf Club, in the Savannah, Georgia area. We are sorry to see that you may have had a poor customer experience with us and that the course may not have been in the best shape when you played. Any additional feedback is greatly appreciated so that we can improve your experience with us in the future. Thank you for choosing to golf with us and we hope to see you again soon.

"Same course, same issues"

uARQX1070AR's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/11/2018

Another pleasant round but traps and cart paths are still in their state of disarray. Some traps are better but others remain half repaired.

There was a very slow foursome I had to play around by skipping a hole but that happens very seldom. This is a good course to play and could be great with some finishing repairs.

"Great Layout"

GreggHook's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/07/2018

Very well designed layout which requires you to play lots of different golf shots. Greens were fast and smooth. Fairways were quite dry and needed water. Some more maintenance and attention to detail would make this a 4-5?star layout. Cart paths in particular need work. Still enjoyed my round.

Response from Southbridge Golf Club on 04/10/2018:

Hello, thank you for sharing your review, We truly appreciate both your positive and constructive feedback regarding the course conditions and will be sure to pass it along to our team. We’re thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our staff and sceneries at Southbridge Golf Club, and also appreciate your input on our maintenance. We hope to welcome you back for an enjoyable experience on the course in the near future.