Hilldale Golf Club

Year Built 1970
Architect Robert Trent Jones, Sr. (1970) Roger Rulewich (1972)

Snacks

Clubhouse, Banquet Facilities

Entertaining Clients 7

Wonderful time playing 9 holes

Had a wonderful time playing Hilldale, this was my first time playing here. Course had a great layout. Nice easy Par 3, not a lot of areas to get into trouble.
I'm already booking my next visit for this weekend!

Nice course first nine was cart path only but the fairways were well drain and in good condition

Good time

.Me and my son went out to play arf nine holes. The review would’ve been 4 .5 except for the guy who was washing the carts as we came off. Just didn’t look like he wanted to be there crabby, wouldn’t even talk to us. However the gentleman at the front desk was great as were the Rangers. The course was in very good condition considering all the rain we had. It was a great time.

Great staff

The staff here are excellent in helping new people playing the course for the first time. The course has a nice layout. Do to the recent heavy rain the grass need to be cut, the rough was really rough. I am sure I will be back again to play this summer.

a little gem

I only live about 15 minutes from the course and I’m not sure why I haven’t played it more in the past definitely will be going back

Commented on 05/27/2020

Your feedback is important to us. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Hilldale Golf Club.

Great course, good value

Today was my first time playing Hilldale. I really liked the course, some great holes. I played after some heavy rains so the course was super wet, the 17th hole was closed. This is a very well-designed golf course with elevation changes, doglegs, etc. Hilldale talks about how good their greens are and I had no complaints. They rolled very true and I would consider them very good greens. I am looking forward to playing this course again when the conditions are better. I will definitely be back.

Coronavirus round

Had a nice day on the course. Tee times got backed up due to computer glitch but tee time was only delayed by 5 minutes. Finished in a little under 4 hours. I like to walk when playing but caution that there is a substantial walk between some of the holes so if you are not in the best shape you may want to avoid walking this course.

Commented on 05/27/2020

Thank you for visiting us at Hilldale Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 05/27/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Hilldale Golf Club!

Commented on 05/27/2020

I booked through golf now which said cart was included. when i got to the course it was walking only. Luckily I brought my pull cart otherwise I would have been very disappointed. It was supposed to be a Hot Deal but for $30 walking I don't feel it was worth it.

Commented on 05/27/2020

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Hilldale Golf Club.

Great course!!

Great course with challenging holes. Given the heavy rain prior and the volume of traffic on the first few days of being re-opened after the COVID-19 shutdown, I thought it held up very well and the staff done an excellent job with it. Thoroughly enjoyed it, would recommend to anyone in the area.

Commented on 05/27/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Hilldale Golf Club thanks you!

Covid rules

Nice course and layout. Pretty good condition overall but some wet spots. With Covid rules the cup was raised so no balls could enter the hole which I think is worse than the ones that have something in the bottom of the cup like foam.

Commented on 05/27/2020

We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Hilldale Golf Club!

1st Round After COVID-19 Restrictions

Course in very good conditions. Greens were slower than their typical. Rains from the previous days left filled water retention areas. Fairways drained well and playable. Most sand bunkers drained well too and playable. Will play this course again!

Commented on 05/27/2020

Overall nice course for the price

The only thing I didn’t love were the couple of holes on the back 9 that butt up against the highway. Not the most peaceful experience lol.

Great course; Rough walk

As mentioned, some holes are very far apart (up to like 2-3 min of walking in some cases)! It was a busy day, so I'm not surprised, but the play was a little slow. Took about 4 hr 35 min walking 18 and constantly waiting to tee off because of ppl ahead of me. Greens were in great condition! Fairway and rough seemed recently cut, so they were also good.

Slow pace and bad conditions

Course was closed to the back 9, do to the rain previous days. The pace of play was so bad because they loaded all tee times to the 9 holes. So at times there was 3 groups on 1 hole. Could of spread it more. Will not go back when that happens again.

Watch people for 4 somes

I saw people pairing into 4 somes multiple times and ruining pace of play for those who followed the rules and played 2 somes or alone.

I had to skip holes due to this. I’ve been playing here for 12 years and it’s a shame this happens during these times. Track is in great shape. But take the cup spacers out!!! Use pool noodles because you’re taking hole outs, chip ins, and aces out of play.

Hilldale

Got lucky for October, great weather, great day. Everything was great except the greens were not good and I remember them always being gre as t!

Commented on 10/31/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Hilldale Golf Club.

Schaumburg, Illinois