Type Private
Blue (W) 72 5804 yards 74.7 141
Scorecard for Smoke Rise
Black M: 73.5/145 370 565 169 393 370 560 199 334 493 3453 523 188 423 609 180 393 494 189 400 3399 6852
Gold M: 71.3/138 339 534 141 372 345 537 185 300 405 3158 484 171 375 588 160 356 469 168 387 3158 6316
Blue M: 68.9/133 W: 74.7/141 330 530 137 362 370 537 170 289 400 3125 454 152 325 554 146 337 457 151 359 2935 6060
Green W: 70.2/127 277 435 83 289 247 468 142 228 220 2389 421 106 281 441 116 331 410 104 346 2556 4945

Year Built 1998
Greens Mini-Verdi Championship Bermuda
Golf Season Year round. Closed on Mondays.
Architect Gary Baird (1998)

Dress code Proper golf attire is required.

Save your money and go play a muni!

First time I’ve played here this summer and it was extremely disappointing. The green were recently aerated which I was not told when I booked the tee time ( I can honestly see past that because it needs to be done at some point). The rest of the course looks like the maintenance team is on strike or they fired most of them. The tee boxes were all dirt and uneven, the rough had 6 inch weeds popping up every where, bunkers haven’t been raked in atleast a week. I had my brother in law in town and was embarrassed to bring him there. We almost left after 2 holes and went to another course. The lay out and architecture is actually really great it’s a shame it’s being run into the ground. I will also say this is the first review I’ve ever written, it was that bad.

Commented On 06/18/2019

Hello. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future. Thanks for choosing Smoke Rise.

Commented On 06/17/2019

Hi. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing @SmokeRiseCountryClub.

#BeautifulGolfCourses

Really nice, but difficult course!

This course is not for beginners and can be difficult to play alone due to the hills. The hills will sometimes cause you to lose sight of your ball even when you know where you hit your ball. I lost 6 balls! It was pure comedy! The staff, especially William, was great! I’ll be back but I’m bringing a friend to watch where my balls go.

Commented On 06/18/2019

Your feedback is important to us. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing @SmokeRiseCountryClub.

Beauty

My biggest impression was the scenic beauty of the course. It was in good condition, you could see where improvements were being made. The recent weather in the area caused some conditions that I found on all the area course I played this weekend ( debri from excess water on the fairways).

Commented On 06/13/2019

Thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing @SmokeRiseCountryClub.

#BeautifulGolfCourses

Light rain very humid Med. fast greens

Fantastic Staff and course. Not an easy track if you can't find the fairway. The tee shot should be in the right position to attack the flag.

Commented On 06/12/2019

Commented On 06/05/2019

Thank you for visiting us @SmokeRiseCountryClub. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented On 05/29/2019

We hope you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round! Thanks for choosing @SmokeRiseCountryClub.

#BeautifulGolfCourses

Greens need the maintenace.

Unfortunately the reens were not maintained good compared to usual. There were not cut nor rollered. Everything else was great as usual.

Commented On 05/29/2019

Hi. Thank you for reviewing the course and rating us 4 stars. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We are working to get everything up to par. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game. We are glad to see you rated the rest of your visit to be great during your game. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing @SmokeRiseCountryClub. We hope to see you again soon.

One if the best courses in Atlanta

Hills, excellent greens, great time and good pros.

Commented On 05/22/2019

Rodave, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing @SmokeRiseCountryClub.

Smoke Rise needs some work

It pains me to have to write this review as I've many good rounds at this course for a great rate. This weekend that was not the case. I hope they can right the right the ship over there.
First the good things: Pace of play excellent, Greens were in really good shape, bunkers were good, and the staff was pleasant.
Now the not so good. We played from the gold tees and the condition of most of the tee boxes was bad, it didn't look like anyone was even trying. Lumpy, bare spots, erosion leading up to the tee boxes and there were not really any prime grassy spots to hit off of without a tee. This being an issue when 75% of the par fours are a 220 shot or less off the tee.
The fairways need some love too. The many divots need attention, the grass was brown(bad news for a course in mid May before the real heat. Then there was the general erosion around the rest the rest of the course that needs attention.

Commented On 05/22/2019

Hi, Kaya. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We are working to get everything up to par. We have projects ongoing to recovery the fairways and greens. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are glad to see you rated the rest of your visit to be great during your game. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Smoke Rise. We hope to see you again soon.

Wide open but not

Course I’s decently maintained Staff was very friendly. Cart service was available. Greens are excellent and fast. Fairways seem wide open but drives get lost due the large degree of sloping. The course overall is very hilly. A challenging course that dares you to beat it.

Commented On 05/20/2019

Hi, Phillip. Thank you so much for the great review and rating us 4 stars. We are glad you enjoyed the challenge, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing @SmokeRiseCountryClub.

Commented On 05/20/2019

Hi. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time @SmokeRiseCountryClub. We look forward to seeing you at the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Tasty Greens

All around fantastic course. Greens are in great shape. A few tee boxes need some work (one or two had little/no grass). Other than that, zero complaints. Friendly staff. Not the longest course, but not forgiving to wayward shots. Play there. You won’t be disappointed.

Commented On 05/16/2019

Finally!

If you're looking for a course that challenges you mentally and requires shot-placement to make par, then this is it.
Tees: some in shaky condition, but still playable. People need to pick up their tees, broken or not; there is no maid service and groundskeepers have better tasks.
Fairways: great shape, good drainage (rained last three days), nicely cut.
Rough: forget trying to find your ball if you go out, it's a jungle. Play conservatively, many greens are closely protected
Bunkers: even after the rain, most were drained. Great condition, well-cut lips, nicely placed for risk/reward
Greens: great shape, challenging to putt (multiple breaks), good speed, no burns and ball marks repaired (it's just common courtesy!)
Carts/paths: great carts (ball/club washers and mini-coolers, USB ports), paths are rough in places and grades are steep in some areas. Good braking and acceleration.
Proshop: very helpful, quite professional, a real pleasure.

Commented On 05/14/2019

Hello. We really appreciate you leaving such a thorough review and rating us 5 stars. We're glad to hear how much you enjoyed the challenge and how well our staff treated you. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off, and we look forward to having you back! Thanks for choosing @SmokeRiseCountryClub.

#BeautifulGolfCourses

Excellent value and very challenging

The course was in good condition but I love this tough layout. You have to be accurate or you are done for. My wife and I had a great round. The staff was friendly. The greens are fast. It’s one of my favorite course in Atlanta.

Commented On 05/10/2019

Thank you for your kind words! We're glad to hear we're one of your favorites, and we hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing @SmokeRiseCountryClub.

Great day

course in great shape.
greens rolling true and in good condition. fairways a little hard but fair. tee boxes need some attention as several were all dirt. overall good condition. my group enjoys this challenging course each time we play.

Commented On 05/09/2019

Hi. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. We're glad you and your group enjoy the challenge and thank you for playing @SmokeRiseCountryClub.

Great green conditions

We haven't played for few weeks, compared to the last time, greens were all so nice and fast the way I like. Keep up the great maintenance work, guys.

Commented On 05/06/2019

Hi. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us 4 stars. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back, and thanks for choosing @SmokeRiseCountryClub.

Commented On 04/25/2019

Hello. Thank you for taking the time to review the course. Please tell us more. The way you have provided your feedback does not offer us any room to grow or change. We encourage you to update your review to fit a more constructive form so we can use your experience to make changes. Thanks for playing Smoke Rise.

Needs a lot of TLC

Played this 2 course days after 6 inches of rain. Course was understandably suffering from that, but there were many other indications of poor upkeep. There were no tee markers except for the black tees. Difficult layout, too penal for my liking. Greens were excellent.

Commented On 04/24/2019

Hello. We appreciate you reviewing the course. Your feedback about the tee markers is important to us. We always appreciate golfer comments and we are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements towards an excellent experience. Thank you for playing Smoke Rise. We hope to see you again soon.

Lithonia, Georgia
Lawrenceville, Georgia

Valid dates: Jun 25, 2019 - Dec 31, 2019
TPC San Antonio offers you the chance to play two championship golf courses that have hosted several PGA TOUR and PGA TOUR Champions events and is home to several PGA TOUR pros.
Texas Tees Package
Lone Star Stay & Play at TPC San Antonio
TPC Las Vegas Summer Special
Championship Package at TPC Sawgrass
Latest Articles
Metro Detroit's best public courses
Articles
Golf tournament pro-ams: a primer
Articles
The days I fell in love with golf (a Cool Golf Memory)