Southland Golf & Country Club

2.6

Southland Golf Club
Scorecard for The Southland Golf & Country Club
Blue M: 73.0/134 561 381 211 373 351 506 453 325 162 3323 385 349 176 498 381 411 417 191 512 3320 6643
White M: 70.1/124 476 355 184 354 315 462 413 300 142 3001 340 330 139 462 370 388 363 166 480 3038 6039
Red W: 69.5/121 354 256 124 293 273 384 346 407 107 2544 281 270 108 398 300 325 281 117 404 2484 5028

Year Built 1989
Architect Willard Byrd (1989)

Carts Yes - included in green fee

Response from Southland Golf & Country Club on 10/08/2018:
Thank you for the 5-Star review! Please come back and see us again soon.

Best Value in Atlanta, Don't tell anyone

I love this course. You have to drive it straight or it will be a hard day. Greens could be frimer and faster. Best value in Atlanta. Driving range is only for loosening up.

Response from Southland Golf & Country Club on 10/03/2018:
Thank you for the great review, we appreciate you taking the time to leave us some feedback. We are honored to be considered one of the best courses in Atlanta, such a great compliment! Thanks for coming out and we hope to see you again soon.

We are looking into it?

To be honest, I haven't played the course. I am scheduled to play in a tournament here and so wanted to read reviews before I went. I am concerned because all of the problems that are current have been brought up many times and there doesn't seem to have been any change in the bunker, or course, or food service quality. The responses by management seem perfunctory and not followed up by any effort. Well see I guess, but the pattern seems pretty obvious. Doesn't make me look forward to playing there and would cancel if this wasn't money I am donating to charity.

Great Value

The course was in good shape. The greens were in good shape also.

Response from Southland Golf & Country Club on 10/03/2018:
Thank you for the great review! We are so glad you enjoyed our course conditions at Southland. Please come back and see us again soon.
Response from Southland Golf & Country Club on 09/13/2018:
Thank you for the 4-Star review, please come back and see us again soon.

Good value

Course was in good shape, except for the sand traps aka mud traps. They need sand and a whole lot of it.

Response from Southland Golf & Country Club on 09/13/2018:
Thank you for the review, we appreciate the feedback and we will look into our bunkers more closely. Thanks for coming out and we hope to see you again this weekend.

Love it

I play here a lot, so I may be biased. I just wish there were refreshments available while playing.

Response from Southland Golf & Country Club on 09/10/2018:
Thank you for the 5-Star review. Thank you for making us aware of refreshments out on the course, we will take a closer look into this issue. Thank you for coming out and we hope to see you again soon.

Never again

Bunkers are garbage. Management worse. Drove out on course to harass me over a rider in my cart. Stupid . only 15 cars in parking lot . only saw 10 people playing. But harass me over 15 dollars

Response from Southland Golf & Country Club on 09/10/2018:
Thank you for your honest review, we appreciate you pointing out any customer services issues at the course. We will take a closer look and see what went wrong. Thank you for coming out and we hope to see you again in the near future.
u000004104773
Commented On 09/17/2018

Southland Golf Club asks that players that sign up through Golf Now Hot Deals please review your agreement you made with Golf Now. We follow the rules set forth by Golf Now. Also the $15 for riders is a posted rate inside the pro shop.We are sorry you somehow felt harassed, not our intention, only fairness.

Good layout, poorly kept, ash trays for bunkers

Fairways were decent, greens were bumpy and slow, rough was super deep which was good motivation to be accurate off the tee. The actual course design was fine with some interesting dog legs and a couple uphill tee shots which made for an interesting round. My problem and why it gets a 2 instead of 3 was the bunkers were dang near empty, barely any sand was left, weeds were growing in the bottom, and most had more than a few cig butts in them. It was clear the course was either hard on money or just didn't care to maintain more than cutting grass.

Response from Southland Golf & Country Club on 07/21/2018:
We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. We are currently working on many of this things you have presented in the review. Thank you for coming out and we hope you'll give us another try in the near future
Response from Southland Golf & Country Club on 07/13/2018:
Hello. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. We hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Pace of Play

The pace of play was horrible, they had a tournament starting up and we were forced to allow them to play through. I think that they should have either closed the course or refund our money.

Response from Southland Golf & Country Club on 07/18/2018:
Hello. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Could be so much better

Back 9 is beautiful and the course is in good shape overall. Though not a single trap was raked and they had grass growing in them. Grass had not been cut in a while and all the grass trimmings were thick. Greens were in great shape.

Would not go back though if I found something of similar rate.

Nice round

I thoroughly enjoyed today’s round. My only concern is that the bunkers need significant work.

Response from Southland Golf & Country Club on 07/11/2018:

Good course for the price

The tee boxes were ok, some of them had been moved away from areas with lots of use. Fairways in very good condition as well as most greens.

The bunkers look like they haven't been maintained in a while.

Response from Southland Golf & Country Club on 06/29/2018:
Hello. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We're glad you enjoyed the course conditions and we hope you join us for another round soon.

Challenging but fun

Good course for the layman. Par 4's and 5's are fairly long. Green are well kept but the speed can be deceiving. The bunker conditions are horrible with weeds or plain mud being the playing area.

Response from Southland Golf Club on 06/22/2018:
Hello, Phillip. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. We hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Club house getting better

I noticed the club house has been cleaned up and no longer a sea of used balls and old, beat up old clubs. The staff was informative and friendly. I was able to get a sandwich, also there is a beverage cart on the course.While I was there a new chipping green was being installed. The greens were a little slow but in great shape. My group played in 4.5 hours on a Sunday morning. The value and condition of the course can not be beat.

Response from Southland Golf Club on 06/22/2018:
Hello. Thank you for your 5-star rating! We're so glad that you enjoyed your tee time, and we hope you and your friends will book another round with us soon.

Good but could be much so much better

This course is a good layout with greens that were In great shape. A little slow but I think they are close to aerating them. The staff that we saw was very nice . They just need more of them and more course maintenance. The need to institute a program of retirees that play for free to be volunteer Marshalls on the weekends. Pace of play was very slow. And course could be excellent with more money put into everywhere but greens. Will playbit Will probably try to play midweek and not on weekend

Response from Southland Golf Club on 06/22/2018:
Response from Southland Golf Club on 06/15/2018:
Hello. Thank you for your 5-star rating! Book another round with us soon.
Response from Southland Golf Club on 06/15/2018: