Sugar Hill Golf Club

Sugar Hill Golf Club
Scorecard for Sugar Hill Golf Club
Blue M: 71.5/139 384 524 146 402 399 388 341 164 526 3274 365 358 141 505 392 402 182 378 525 3248 6522
White M: 69.1/129 356 474 119 366 377 360 291 128 497 2968 322 287 119 485 356 362 166 348 498 2943 5911
Gold M: 66.5/119 W: 71.6/134 326 426 97 302 357 279 276 117 478 2658 278 262 111 440 320 337 150 319 457 2674 5332
Red W: 65.8/113 281 398 83 295 230 235 147 111 390 2170 237 158 88 409 313 174 102 194 386 2061 4231

Year Built 1992
Greens Championship Bermuda
Architect Willard Byrd (1992)

Walking Allowed Yes, at the starters discretion

Challenging

Played seniors shoot 93, nice course and greens. Picturesque.

Response from Sugar Hill Golf Club on 09/20/2018:
Wonderful! We're thrilled that you enjoyed our course and our views. We can't wait to have you back again soon for your next round at Sugar Hill!

Great Elevation, Awesome layout

Overall good course! Wonderful views and fun layout. Greens were slow and sand traps need work, but still a fun course and good experience.

Response from Sugar Hill Golf Club on 09/18/2018:
Great! We're glad that you enjoyed our course and the challenge it presented. We're pleased that you enjoyed your experience with us and we look forward to having you back again soon!

Best course in Gwinnett

Best course in Gwinnett And I had another fantastic day… This is my favorite place to play in the Atlanta area and I would recommend it to everyone at any level!!

Response from Sugar Hill Golf Club on 09/11/2018:
Outstanding! We're thrilled that you enjoyed your time with us at Country Club of Gwinnett. We're honored that we are your favorite course in the Atlanta area and we can't wait to have you back again soon for your next round!

Senior Player

The course is in good shape Playing from the gold tees there are some holes that are hard to get over the canyon/valley. We like the Super senior rate. Also the staff in the restaurant and prices are good.

Response from Sugar Hill Golf Club on 09/10/2018:
Awesome! We're pleased that our course conditions met your expectations and that our staff left a great impression on you. We're also glad that you found us to be a good value. We hope to have you back again soon for your next round with us!

Pace of Play Major Issue

Played late morning on a Tuesday and had large delays in pace of play. After a 4-some of women would not allow me to pass for 4-5 holes, I skipped hole 8 to pass them. Ran into similar issue in the back 9, 4-some of women that saw me waiting for them while they teed off multiple times and made no offer to allow me to pass thru to wide open course in front of them. Finally skipped holes 17 & 18 to leave the course after well over 4 hours very frustrated. Course was in fairly good shape overall except for fairways not being cut and thus not rolling like they normally do. I know this course fairly well and have played it many times, but not sure I will return after this experience. Course is challenging enough without rushing to hit every shot because course is stacked up with players behind you and being held up on an otherwise slow time of day for play.

Terrible staff

Marshal drove up on us while hitting our approach shot on the second hole and began yelling at us for having a cooler in the cart. After we agreed to take it back to the car he then began to yell more about how our cart was past the “no cart line” that was not marked and over 100 yards away from the green. He then continued to follow us and only us throughout the rest of our round.

The manor in which this employee spoke to us was very rude and extremely unprofessional. I do not recommend a course who treats their paying customers this way.

Response from Sugar Hill Golf Club on 08/14/2018:
Thank you for your review! We apologize that you didn't enjoy your experience with us. Our staff does their best to make sure everyone is following the rules, but we never want our guests to feel mistreated. We would love the chance to speak to you more about your time with us. Please reach out to us at sugarhillgolflcub@gmail.com at your earliest convenience. Thank you again and we look forward to speaking with you!

Decent course Rude staff

This was only my second time playing this course and will be my last. The course was in okay shape but the staff was aweful. The marshal drove out to us on the second hole while preparing to take our shot specifically to attempt to search our cart and bags looking for outside beverages. He told us that if we wanted drinks that we would have to purchase them from the clubhouse. We told the marshal that we would return our drinks to our vehicle and then buy beverages from the bar in the clubhouse, no problem.

He then continued to yell at us for our cart being past the “no cart line” even though the line was not marked and located over 100 yards from the green. Afterwards he continued to follow us and only us throughout the rest of our round.

The rules are rules and we were happy to abide by them but the way in which the marshal spoke to us was extremely rude and morbidly unprofessional. I do not recommend playing at a course that treats their paying customers this way.

Response from Sugar Hill Golf Club on 08/14/2018:

Cool layout, okay conditions, golf shop needs lessons in customer service

Booked an 8 a.m. tee time through GolfNow, with the first tee time being 7:50 a.m. Golf shop didn’t open until 7:30. We walked in at 7:26 to try to by some range balls and the representative snapped at us, saying “We don’t open until 7:30 guys”.

Once we paid and went to the first tee, the starter, who was really nice, allowed the next tee time to roll right up to the tees while we were on the box.

The course was wet, having had 6” of rain in the last three days, but was in good shape overall. A lot of the bunkers still had an inch or more of water in them. You could see where the employee that mowed greens stopped his reels on the greens to remove the flag, and there was goose grass all over the greens. The tee markers and cups hadn’t been changed, but you could tell that they attempted to mow the rough in the dryer areas.

Kudos to the superintendent and his staff for making the course playable, but the GM needs to take the time to work with his golf shop staff on customer service.

Response from Sugar Hill Golf Club on 08/07/2018:
Thank you for your review! We're pleased that you enjoyed our course despite all the rain we've had, but we apologize that our staff didn't leave a great impression on you. We appreciate your feedback and we'd love to speak to you more about your time with us. Please reach out to us at sugarhillgolflcub@gmail.com at your earliest convenience. Thank you again and we look forward to speaking with you!
Response from Sugar Hill Golf Club on 07/31/2018:
Great! Come back soon!

Enjoyable Round

Greens and Tee boxes were much better than I expected and the fairways were excellent. Only wish I hit more of the them. The bermuda rough was a bear. I haven't played this course in a while and I forgot how difficult it can play from the back tees. The pace of play was excellent. Never saw anyone behind us and the group in front played quickly. Finished in 3 1/2 hours. I'm sure it's not always like that but it made for a really enjoyable round. It will definitely bring me back. The ding on amenities were the driving range only because I hate hitting off a mat and there was no beverage cart.

Response from Sugar Hill Golf Club on 07/31/2018:
Outstanding! We're thrilled that our course conditions met your expectations and that you were able to play at a good pace. We appreciate your review and we can't wait to have you back again soon at Sugar Hill!
Cumming, Georgia