Type Public/Municipal
Scorecard for Sugar Hill Golf Club
Blue M: 71.5/139 384 524 146 402 399 388 341 164 526 3274 365 358 141 505 392 402 182 378 525 3248 6522
White M: 68.8/130 356 474 119 366 377 360 291 128 497 2968 322 287 119 485 356 362 166 348 498 2943 5911
Gold M: 66.5/119 W: 71.6/134 326 426 97 302 357 279 276 117 478 2658 278 262 111 440 320 337 150 319 457 2674 5332
Red W: 65.8/113 281 398 83 295 230 235 147 111 390 2170 237 158 88 409 313 174 102 194 386 2061 4231

Year Built 1992
Greens Championship Bermuda Grass
Architect Willard Byrd (1992) Nai Chung Chang

Walking Allowed Yes, at the starters discretion

Very Nice Course

I have adopted it as my home course!! Well maintained
Nice layout and just enjoy the challenge!!

Commented On 07/16/2019

Great! Thank you for your review. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Sugar Hill Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Pace of play

Although I played as a single, the pace of play was excellent. There were two golfers ahead of me and they never had me waiting. I do play fast too!
The starter was awesome, courteous and professional.

Commented On 07/16/2019

Excellent! Your feedback is important to us. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Sugar Hill Golf Club.

Much Improved

After a disappointing first experience at Sugar Hill earlier this Spring due to poor course conditions, I must compliment course management on how much things have improved. The greens, although a little slow, were in nice shape. The fairways were well maintained. The staff was friendly and helpful. Overall, it was an excellent experience and I’ll definitely be back.

Commented On 07/09/2019

Great! We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Sugar Hill Golf Club.

Commented On 07/09/2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Great Hilly Course

This a nice hilly course which is well maintained for the right price!! It will keep you coming back for more! :)

Commented On 07/16/2019

Awesome! Thank you for visiting us at Sugar Hill Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Dragon Lee

The staff was for rude and never reasonable.
Green is a horrible.
I think green is not for golf but soccer.
Definitely would not recommend even if low price.

Commented On 06/26/2019

Thank you for your review! We apologize that you didn't enjoy your experience with us and that our staff didn't provide a great experience for you. We would love the chance to learn more about your time with us. Please reach out to us at sugarhillgolfclub@gmail.com at your earliest convenience. Thank you again and we look forward to speaking with you!

June 23rd

Fist time playing, overall the layout was challenging. The greens were too long and very slow. Improve the greens and this is a great course.

Commented On 06/25/2019

Awesome! We're pleased that you enjoyed your first time playing our course. We're glad that you enjoyed the challenge of our layout and we appreciate your feedback on our greens. We hope to have you back again soon for your next round!

Nice Course, Enjoyable and Interesting

Very enjoyable round of golf. I like this course a lot and find the particular challenges on 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 11, 13, 14, 17 and 18 a fair test of golf. Given the weather earlier in the year the course is in pretty good condition and it looks to me as though it is headed in the right direction. The outside folks (starters) are always nice and friendly but sometimes the inside folks could take a little more time to be friendlier. Occasionally I feel as though the inside folks think this is their private course and we are somehow intruding into their environment. Overall though, I enjoy playing here and at the price it is a real bargain. It is unfortunate that folks sometimes expect a $200 resort type golf experience for $30 to $40. Fairways and greens!!!!!

Commented On 06/20/2019

Great

Awesome day! Staff super friendly. Grill is outstanding.

Commented On 06/25/2019

Wonderful! We're thrilled that you enjoyed our course and that our staff left a great impression on you. We can't wait to have you back again soon for your next round at Sugar Hill!

Enjoyable course

Whenever we come to Suwanee (2 or 3 times a year) I usually play Sugar Hill several times. I love the course layout and the friendliness of the staff. The price to me is more than reasonable for a good golf experience. I hope everyone recognizes this has been a very, very wet Spring and most of the courses on the east coast have battled way more rain than a golf course can readily handle. It looks to me like the the Superintendent has a handle on what needs to be done and is proceeding accordingly. I'll play several more times, weather permitting and enjoy myself before I head back to Virginia.

Commented On 06/25/2019

Great! We're glad that you enjoyed the challenge of our layout and that our staff left a great impression on you. We appreciate your review and we look forward to having you back again soon!

Overall Bad Experience

Definitely would not recommend even at the low price. The staff here were for the most part rude. We were told we couldn’t take the cart to our car to get our bags, not a big deal, but we get to our car and as soon as we got there two guys in their 50s pull up in carts to their vehicle to get their bags. Still not a big deal so we get to the first tee and they said my buddy and I could play as a twosome. Awesome, the only thing is they said they are going to let a foursome of older ladies go before us since their tee time was before ours. It turned out to be one of the longest rounds of golf I’ve ever played. At times we had to wait for 5+ minutes for that group to clear. The course has a great layout but the greens were horrendous. Out of everything the worst part was how the members and staff acted. They act like this is Augusta National and not only is it not a premier course, it’s one of the worst courses and experiences that I’ve had. Honestly it’s sad and it’s a shame because with some work on the greens, a more friendly staff and members that were a little more humble it would be a fun place to play.

Commented On 06/06/2019

Thank you for your review! We apologize that you didn't enjoy your experience with us. We do have a policy of no carts in the parking lot. However, when you are done playing you can take the cart to the lot to drop off your clubs. We're also sorry that our staff didn't leave a great impression on you. We would love the chance to speak to you more about your time with us. Please reach out to our General Manager, Scott Murphy, at smurphy@cityofsugarhill.com at your earliest convenience. Thank you again and we look forward to speaking with you!

Commented On 05/29/2019

Thank you for your review! Come back soon!

Not for faint of heart

Fun course with massive elevation changes and some great scenery. Not for beginners or high handicappers due to some required long balls off the tee. Greens not in great shape but most of the course is being worked on. There are a few quirky holes, blind shots required but fair distances. VERY female friendly course. Great deal for the Hot Deal price.

Commented On 05/20/2019

Awesome! We're pleased that you enjoyed our course and the challenge it presented. We appreciate your review and we hope to have you back again soon!

Commented On 05/20/2019

Fantastic! Glad you enjoyed your time with us!

Atrocious

Today was my friend’s 18th birthday, who’s new to golf, and he didn’t like the upscale feel of a course like Windermere so we were going to take him somewhere that has a more down to earth feel. My other friend and I came here a year ago and we had a great experience. The customer service was great, the food was amazing, and we loved every bit of it. This time the experience has the absolute worst I’ve had in golfing for the past 10 years. We were immediately treated to an incredibly rude man in the pro shop who scolded us for being early even though we intended to hit the range. After that we went to take carts to our cars to get our bags and take them to range. As we were pulling out the starter yelled at us telling us to not take carts to the parking lot. While we were at the range we looked behind us to see three older groups in carts at their cars which was incredibly frustrating. At the turn apparently there are two ways to get back to the clubhouse and onto the back 9. The way we took was the wrong one according to the started who again started to yell at us while we were doing nothing wrong. The incorrect path has no barrier to indicate not to take that way and when we told the starter that it was an honest mistake he aggressively leaned in and began yelling in my face. After that the ranger followed us for the next 3 holes to keep an eye on us. This golf course is clearly not meant for anyone under the age of 50 and according to the other reviews it’s meant for a particular group of people above their 50s. For a public course they were incredibly condescending and rude considering the condition the course is kept in. It’s one thing to be pretentious at a highly coveted establishment and it’s another to be so when the course is poorly taken care of.

Commented On 05/16/2019

Thank you for your review! We apologize that you didn't enjoy your experience with us. We do have a policy of no carts in the parking lot. However, when you are done playing you can take the cart to the lot to drop off your clubs. That is what the older group was doing. We're also sorry that our staff didn't leave a great impression on you. We would love the chance to speak to you more about your time with us. Please reach out to our General Manager, Scott Murphy, at smurphy@cityofsugarhill.com at your earliest convenience. Thank you again and we look forward to speaking with you!

Commented On 05/08/2019

Great! Glad you enjoyed your time with us!

Commented On 05/22/2019

Thank you for your review! We apologize that you didn't enjoy your experience with us. We would love the chance to learn more about your time with us. Please reach out to us at sugarhillgolfclub@gmail.com at your earliest convenience. Thank you again and we look forward to speaking with you!

Greens are almost gone forever

Great layout- poor conditions- greens are worst I ever seen

Commented On 05/08/2019

Thank you for your review! We're pleased that you enjoyed our layout but we apologize that our conditions didn't meet your expectations. We appreciate your feedback and we hope you'll give us another try in the future!

Course Conditions

I have been playing this course for around 5 years now and over the years it seems like course maintenance is slacking. Greens are in very rough shape. Tee boxes are hard as rock and the fairways are more weeds than grass. This course has great potential however it needs to be taking care of.

Commented On 05/08/2019

Thank you for your review! We apologize that our course conditions didn't meet your expectations. We are working on improving our course everyday. We appreciate your feedback and we hope to have you back again soon!

Hoping for the comeback

Great staff that’s pouring their hearts into getting this longtime gem back into what this track can really be. New grounds people working to get this to be the comeback track of the year! Great staff,great layout! Couple tricky holes that makes you come back. Used pretty much all clubs in the bag. Fun challenging track.

Commented On 05/08/2019

Awesome! We're pleased that you enjoyed the challenge of our course and that our staff left a great impression on you. We're also glad that you've noticed the improvement that our grounds team has made. We appreciate your review and we hope to have you back again soon!

Cumming, Georgia