Golf Club of South Georgia

2.6

The Golf Club of South Georgia
Yellow 72 4406 yards
Scorecard for Sunsweet Hills
Black M: 72.5/129 386 201 354 548 526 396 451 176 444 3482 574 382 191 391 405 388 166 407 555 3459 6941
Blue M: 70.7/123 368 187 334 488 514 377 422 164 379 3233 548 357 154 372 386 370 137 384 504 3212 6445
White M: 68.9/117 340 164 314 448 495 352 383 150 352 2998 484 337 139 350 365 346 127 354 476 2978 5976
Red W: 70.7/120 298 107 273 396 430 306 290 131 317 2548 334 280 125 325 295 280 101 325 420 2485 5033
Yellow W: 69.3/116 288 99 258 386 336 280 285 102 258 2292 319 270 78 254 245 247 78 274 349 2114 4406

Year Built 1992
Architect Don McMillan (1992) Ray Jensen (1992)

Driving Range Yes - 50 tees driving range

Great Potential

This course has made incredible improvements in the last 6 months. Greens are green and roll true, and the fairways and tee boxes are well maintained. 3-4 yards off the fairway has the potential for a lost ball because it’s not maintained, though. Some of the bunkers are hardened with weeds growing. Moving in the right direction, though! The guy who works there is always rude and short with customers. Comes off as rude.

much improved

greens very good, course is better each time I have played this year.

Good time

Love the layout of the course. Need to have water out on the course for the golfer but we had a great time.

Nice layout, good course

I have played this course several times. It was in good shape. The greens were a little slow but consistent. I will be back.

Course is in fantastic condition. Greens are a little slower than expected but putt very well.

Needs work

Course needs to be watered. The greens were absolutely awful.

No water jugs on the course to rehydrate either.

Very poorly maintained.

The Layout of the course itself is REALLY COOL. This course has some amazing potential, but I’m assuming they don’t have the funds to take care of it as it should.

Unfortunate

Course Is in terrible shape. Had an 810 tee time, showed up to the course around 745, they don't open until 8? I had never seen such a thing. I fear this course will be closed soon which is a shame. It's got a good layout with no houses lining the course, just golf. But the greens were just weeds, the fairways were just as bad. It was Sunday morning, we finished before noon and there were probably 10 cars in the parking lot. There aren't many options in this area, but, stay away and just pray this course gets bought out and fixed up.

Total disappointment

I booked this course because it's half way from our homes, a little over 2 hours for all of us. $77.00 was a real bargain for 3 players if the course had been 3.5 stars as advertised, really beautiful on "golf now" but really ugly on the ground. The greens were more than 50% lost and we didn't drive that far to putt on dirt. I would have accepted rain checks for the round and returned in the summer but I was refused when I requested them. I signed a no money back waver with golf now so I lost $77.00 . Needless to say, I will be exceptionally careful when booking on line in the future. I've used golf now for quite a while but this might be the end of our business dealings also.. Totally disappointed! Fortunately we did find a great course not far away, " Pine Hill Country Club" the hospitality was exceptional and the course in super shape! The management gave us a Veteran discount and we had a blast. We will definitely be meeting there henceforth when we get together.

Worst Course I've Played

I dont normally give negative reviews however this course is in terrible condition. The greens are mostly dirt and weeds making my putts bounce more than roll. Its hard to decide if you hit the fairway or rough because its pretty much a cow pasture. I wouldnt play this course again for free ...Im glad I got a hot deal and didnt pay full price. I WOULD NOT RECOMEND PLAYING THIS COURSE.

Who designed this course!

I loved the layout. They took interstate pasture/crop land and made it a gem of a layout. I have played a lot of courses and this is easily in the top 10! The architects got real game!

The bad: a lot of things.

Conclusion: They will never make enough money to maintain it properly, but if they can at least keep it together, the layout makes it a fun play.

*FYI, If you not going to over seed the greens or the collars, spray the greens with a pre emergent in the Fall and the poa annua will not germinate during the Winter and Spring.

Sparse grass

greens were very dry and hard. guess the only water they get is when it rains. layout is interesting enough.

traps were well kept. tees were ok.

staffer was pleasant and very helpful.

This course is a wonderful layout

Glad they decided to keep this course open and was glad to see they had workers working but it needs a lot of care.Greens are not in good shape.

The Golf Course of South Georgia

This is a great track but it is in poor condition. I found out why .... this course is closing for good Dec. 10th.

What a shame.The greens are basically gone. Dirt and some grass. The ball bounces all over the I

place.No way to hold a line.

I was going to play one last time but I think I just did. Sad.

Golf Club South GA

Overall a really great layout. Each hole has its own character. Greens can be challenging. Hope that they can keep things going.

Gone downhill

This course used to be a gem. Great layout. Greens are horrible, bunkers have more rocks than sand. Just overall conditions are poor. Million dollar clubhouse, and 30 bucks spent on course over last couple yrs. Owner is great guy but AWOL. Good luck & God bless.

Great course layout- no effort in improving

Nice 18 hole course, but I won't pay unless I book using golf now and get a discount. They don't upkeep the rough so losing a ball 3ft off the fairway is entirely possible. They don't mark holes except for using spray paint on the deteriorated cart paths. Range balls have to be 5 to 6 years old and most are fracked and dirty. I don't even like using them with my clubs. The employee who works behind the counter never says more than the total you owe and is constantly rude. With some effort for improvement on the course, amenities and staff, this course could be miraculous.

Great layout and playability.

Excellent conditions for play. course was in good condition, greens were great, fairways were good with no bare spots. Bunkers were poor with little sand and hard pan.

Staff rude, no clean carts, limited food

I showed up at 2 in the afternoon for an afternoon round after playing another local course that morning. The clubhouse is brand new, but it appears the owners spent all their money on paint, wood and nails since the only food in the place was two kinds of crackers, and a few candy bars. Okay, maybe that's not quite fair. They had a hot dog tray with two "exploded" hot dogs that the cashier said were made that morning. Also, they had no buns for the hot dogs.

This course is fun to play, challenging, and varied. However, the group in front of us was three drunk college kids who left beer cans at every tee box and green, played extremely slow, and refused to let us play through. My round took five hours when it easily would have been only four hours if they let us play through.

In the end, we got a great deal on the tee time through golf now, but I would NEVER pay full price at this course.

Valid dates: Nov 26, 2018 - Dec 31, 2019