Heritage Golf Links - Legacy Nine

Red W: 68.2/126 427 206 66 276 123 197 316 398 306 2315 4654
Handicap 9 7 17 1 11 15 5 13 3
Par 5 4 3 4 3 4 4 5 4 36 72

Year Built 1996
Architect Mike Young (1996)

Pull-carts No

Golf School Academy Yes - "Tim Weinhart Golf Academy"

9-Hole Rounds 19

Heritage Golf Links - Heritage Nine
Commented On 12/05/2018

Thank you jeppicarnegie for the fantastic 5-star review of Heritage Golf Links here in beautiful Tucker, GA. We appreciate you taking the time and hope you will let us know if you ever need anything while you are here. Come back and see us again very soon for more of the best golf in town.

Pictures can be deceiving

The photos available on line are spectacular and the course is visually appealing. The course condition however is not on par and the pace of play was a snowman. Called it after 7 holes in two hours on a Friday morning.

California here I come

Response from Heritage Golf Links on 10/24/2018:
Thank you scottcarnold and we are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. Our staff is working relentlessly to return the course conditions back up to par and we appreciate your patience during this transition period. We hope you'll give us another try in the near future.
Response from Heritage Golf Links on 10/01/2018:
Thank you so much for the 5-star review as we appreciate you taking the time. We love to see you had a great time on the course and we hope you will book another round with us soon here at Heritage Golf Links in Tucker, GA.

bad greens

This is a nice layout; tees and fairways were in great shape but greens were AWFUL. I will not go back until i know the greens are better.

Response from Heritage Golf Links on 10/24/2018:
Thank you Tidwell1119 and we are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. Please know our staff is working hard on getting the course back in shape for you and your guests. We appreciate your patience during this recovery stage and we hope you will let us know if you ever need anything while you are here. Come back and give us another try in the near future as you are sure to be pleasantly surprised.
Response from Heritage Golf Links on 09/25/2018:
Thank you Jopshua for the 5-star review as we appreciate you taking the time. We love to see you had a great time on the course and we hope you will book another round with us soon here at Heritage Golf Links in Tucker, Georgia.

Bring your A Game

This is a collaboration of 3 nines. I played the Heritage and Tradition courses with Tradition being easier. There are several par 5's reachable in two by less than longer hitters which gives you a boost of confidence. However, there are several par 4's that you must be pin point accurate on your shots. Course was in great shape with the exception of the rough being a little high. This was my second time playing and will be playing again on my next trip through the area.

Response from Heritage Golf Links on 09/19/2018:
We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. It is great to see you had an enjoyable time on the course and we hope you join us for another round soon here at Heritage Golf Links in Tucker, Georgia.
Response from Heritage Golf Links on 09/14/2018:
Thank you GoodtoGreat as we appreciate your 4-star rating and review. It is great to see you had an enjoyable time on the course and we hope you join us for another round soon here at Heritage Golf Links.

GREENS ARE POOR

THE COURSE IS IN FAIR CINDITION BUT THE GREENS ARE POOR. THE GREENS NEED TO BE MOWED AND VERY SLOW.

Response from Heritage Golf Links on 09/14/2018:
We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. Please let us know if you ever need anything while you are here and we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.
Response from Heritage Golf Links on 09/05/2018:
We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. It is great to see you had an enjoyable time on the course and we hope you join us for another round soon here at Heritage Golf Links.

Ridiculous Greens

Every green is extremely sloped. The pin placements were on the sides of hills or the corner of the greens. It was so difficult that the round wasn’t enjoyable.

Response from Heritage Golf Links on 09/05/2018:

Not Far From Amazing

The layout of this course was just short of fantastic. I played all 27 holes. The Legacy and Heritage were by far the better of the 3. The Tradition felt more like a beginners course. It was in good shape however. It did feature 3 par 5's but the par 4's were extremely short.

There were a few tee boxes on each 9 that needed some work but that didn't bother me. It was just a matter of moving to a different area of the box. Many Bermuda courses had a shock to the growth chart this spring with a couple weird late freezes. The par 3 boxes were all in good shape which was more important.

The greens rolled true, even after a recent aerification. I did notice quite a few pock marks as mentioned in previous reviews. I can't blame the course for that. Golfers need to take responsibility and fix their own ball marks. I tried fixing a few extra myself.

Just a little extra Love in some areas and this course could rival any other in its class. I found a HOT DEAL for $35 in the mid morning and it was worth every penny. I would have paid more.

Response from Heritage Golf Links on 08/07/2018:
Thank you cubmanii as we very much appreciate your 4-star rating and review. It is great to see you had an enjoyable time on the course and we hope you join us for another round soon here at Heritage Golf Links in Tucker, Georgia.
Response from Heritage Golf Links on 07/16/2018:

Love the layout but course needs work

Great layout, one of the highest slope ratings of courses in the area. Many tee boxes on the Legacy course were in very poor shape, lacking grass (#2 in particular). Most of the greens had pock marks due to lack of fixing ball marks. Heritage course (back 9) was much better, still a few pock marks, but more playable. Weird thing is half the par 3s are extremely short <150 yds, the other half are really long 200+ yds. The layout is great, but it suffers from over play and lack of care.

Response from Heritage Golf Links on 07/05/2018:
Thank you Lane and we are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. Please let us know if you ever need anything while you are here and we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Excellent Course

First time playing this course and I was very impressed. The lay out is challenging and scenic. Be prepared for the no flat greens. Speed of the greens was nice. Not slow and not to fast. I hope you enjoy the course as I did.

Response from Heritage Golf Links on 06/29/2018:
Thank you mrseay2 so much for taking the time and for your 5-star rating! Book another round with us soon here at Heritage Golf Links here in Tucker, GA.
Response from Heritage Golf Links on 06/22/2018:
Thank you Greg5901 as we appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon here at Heritage Golf Links in Tucker, Ga.

Pace of play is horrendous

The course has a nice layout but the pace of play completely ruins the experience. 3 hour front 9 and 5.5 hours for 18. No marshals on the course and even when I have seen marshals nothing is done to speed up pace of play. BEWARE tee boxes are normally moved up on EVERY hole on the weekends. This is a feeble attempt to speed up pace of play instead of spacing out tee times better and actually enforcing pace of play on the course, and is very frustrating for golfers who want to play the true back tees on an already short golf course. I want to continue keeping this my home course but pace of play must improve.

Greens are very, very soft (approaches leave big craters in the green) and don't have much pace. Would be nice to see the greens firmed up sped up.

Response from Heritage Golf Links on 06/19/2018:
We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. We hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Great course, great facilities, but...

Pace of play was horrendous. The staff has got to do a better job of managing the tee times and enforcing pace of play. It doesn’t matter how nice the course is, if the pace of play continues to be 6 hour plus rounds and waiting 15-20 minutes in each tee box, I will take my game to another course. It’s a shame too, I really like this course and want to make it my home course, but the pace of play ruins it.

Response from Heritage Golf Links on 06/12/2018:
Thanks Adam as we are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. We hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

So slow

5 hour round guaranteed. For the price in peak times they should do better.

Response from Heritage Golf Links on 06/12/2018:
Thank you csm400 as we are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. We hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Evening race for the first tee

I really like this course. Really challenging but fun. The only real negative is that there seems to be little order for evening tee times. People in the evening just show up, pay, and run out to the first tee. We showed up on time and teed off maybe 25 mins late. That said, we still got 18 holes in and we left the first tee at 5:30 and played part of that as a fivesome because of the hold up. So if you play in the evening, be prepared for a frustrating and hectic start, but after that it should be OK.

Response from Heritage Golf Links on 06/07/2018:
We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.
Response from Heritage Golf Links on 06/07/2018:
Thank you so much for taking the time and for your 5-star rating! Book another round with us soon here at Heritage Golf links in Tucker, GA.
Tucker, Georgia