Lake Arrowhead Yacht & Country Club
Gray Wolf (W) 72 5600 yards 72.4 133
Red Cloud 72 4700 yards 63.8 103
Red Cloud (W) 72 4700 yards 68.1 115
Scorecard for Lake Arrowhead 2
Highlands M: 74.9/136 518 177 335 384 576 468 235 457 422 3572 514 355 472 217 379 431 341 161 556 3426 6998
Blue Fox M: 72.7/131 484 139 316 355 548 406 213 435 401 3297 474 331 442 204 372 411 312 145 522 3213 6510
White Eagle M: 70.5/126 471 132 284 327 492 388 185 403 383 3065 450 307 410 192 351 406 284 126 458 2984 6049
Gray Wolf M: 67.5/119 W: 72.4/133 442 115 252 301 436 334 148 371 353 2752 423 263 385 139 317 311 256 104 429 2627 5379
Red Cloud M: 63.8/103 W: 68.1/115 393 87 227 271 162 330 92 365 335 2262 364 259 368 71 297 304 227 72 404 2366 4628

Year Built 1970
Greens Bent
Architect D. J. DeVictor

Pull-carts No

Golf School Academy No
Golf Simulator No
Practice Hole No

Dress code Proper Dress Required (No T-shirts, denim or cut-off shorts)

Very Challenging, Beautiful and Enjoyable

This was my first time on a course in 5 years and the first time for a friend. The front 9 offers nearly every challenge a seasoned golfer could hope to play. For the first timer it was very challenging and provided us with several WOW moments. Before we completed our play we were already comparing calendars to schedule our next play on this course. The staff in the Pro Shop and the Marshal are not only friendly but go out of their way to encourage and wish the players the best day ever. Bathroom facilities on the course are very clean and comfortable with running water and power. Drinking water was available on every hole. The club house restaurant is a fantastic place to cool down and rehydrate and the staff are equally friendly and proved the best in service.

Commented On 08/19/2019

Thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Lake Arrowhead Yacht & Country Club - Highlands Course.

Great Course!

The front nine is a real challenge, the back opens up for more wood and driver use. Great course in a interesting location.

Commented On 08/13/2019

Thank you for visiting us at Lake Arrowhead Yacht & Country Club - Highlands Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Fun course but needs some attention

Second time here. Last time, enjoyed the course, but the greens were beat up. Thought it was recovering from aeration, but was wrong. Went back and it was the same. From the tee up to the green is great. Layout is very challenging and fun, but the greens ruined the round for me. It wasn’t every green, but some were almost unplayable. They may be working this out, but I won’t be back this year due to it. I’ll try again next year.

Commented On 08/06/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting us!

Commented On 07/31/2019

Commented On 07/29/2019

Wow, we are so happy you enjoyed your round with us! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Beautiful course

What a beautiful course in a beautiful setting. Front nine especially is tricky. It’s not grip it and rip it off the tees. You need to hit your spots with correct distance and accuracy. Opens up for the driver on back nine. Need to be spot on with your distance on the tees. Twice I hit a hybrid off the tee and both times rolled 1 Yard too far. Really fun course and absolutely beautiful setting. Course overall is in great shape.

Commented On 07/26/2019

We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Lake Arrowhead Yacht & Country Club - Highlands Course!

Played Lake Arrowhead today and it was in great shape. The greens were quick, fairways were smooth, and there's always deer and other animals running around while you play. It's just a great atmosphere to play golf and the course is in good shape.

Commented On 07/25/2019

Plays Twice a year

Probably not fair

First time playing this year. Age 80+. Greens are excellent. Fairways very good. First and fifth holes are very difficult for a high handicapper. I may have been playing tees too long for my game. I certainty recommend this course. Some of the most helpful and friendliest taff I have seen at any course.

Commented On 08/01/2019

Spectacular mountain golf course

This is one of the most beautiful and challenging golf courses I have played in Georgia! The staff is friendly and then this is very enjoyable to play!!

Little late? No problem.

Arrived 20 minutes late for my tee time, no problem. Started on #10. Course was in great shape. Fairways hard and fast. Tees needed a little work, lots of divots. But plenty of area to tee up . Greens were all in great shape, except for a few ball marks. I had 3 birdies, first time in my life 3 birdies in one round. But had several double and triple bogies, my regular type of round. But the course was great. Beautiful views as well.

Commented On 06/21/2019

Hello, roy1310. Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon.

AWESOME staff and course

My 2nd time playing at this course the staff is very professional and very friendly it was a great experience the course was well kepted and managed i will definitely be playing golf again here and I HIGHLY RECOMMEND playing golf here

Still a good value

Given the amount of rain over the last few days, I was fully expecting to have to be refunded my hot deal. On the contrary, the course was open, and cart path only (as expected). The staff was friendly as always. Upon going to the putting green, it was evident they were not able to mow them due to all the rain. As this was slightly expected, it was a little disappointing (again, to no fault of the course). The two groups in front of us, however, were very disappointing. We waited on every shot, on every hole, for 18 holes, without even the thought from them of us playing through. Two groups, nobody ahead of them, but no ranger to keep our pace up. We finished in about 4 hours and 40 minutes, but given the lack of play on the course that day, we should have been done in 3 1/2 or less. Otherwise, the course was in great shape, even with the rain. The greens, I'm sure, were a one time deal due to weather. The slow play will not cause me to not return, but should be somewhat of a point of emphasis to improve. All in all still a great deal.

Commented On 06/14/2019

Most difficult course I had for the first time.

For the first time playing this course, it was very difficult. I will know better the next Time I play it. This was a REAL CHALLENGE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Commented On 06/09/2019

Thank you for the 4-Star review, we appreciate the great feedback regarding our course conditions and our excellent staff. Thanks for coming out and we hope to see you again soon.

Commented On 05/31/2019

Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon.

Great

The course is a great and challenging course. My only complaint would be that during our round today we were chipping up on to the green from about 20 yards out when the greenskeeper comes pulling up and starts watering the green... While we were chipping and putting.. other than that I have no complaints.

Commented On 06/07/2019

Thank you for the 5-Star review! We are so glad that you enjoyed your challenging round today. Thanks for coming out and we hope to see you again soon.

It's a shame they don't have the budget the layout deserves

This is not intended to bash, simply describe the aspects of the round I found disappointing. The greens were virtually recovered from punching. The difference between fairway and rough was virtually indistinguishable. If you are going to make no effort to maintain the sand traps, do away with them entirely.

Commented On 05/31/2019

Let us first say that we are so glad to hear you enjoyed your visit. We work hard to create a seamless experience with so you can focus on enjoying yourself and let us do the rest. We also want to thank you for your honest and constructive criticism of the course. Your comments are presented in a way we can incorporate them into actual change. We are going to escalate your review to our team in charge and do everything we can to improve before your next game. Thank you for visiting and playing at Lake Arrowhead CC. We hope to see you again soon!

Layout leaves a lot to be desired

Overall this is a good course, but it could be great. The first hole is a par 5 where you either need to tee off with a 6 iron or carry a driver over 280 yards. Ridonkulous! The other par 5 on the front is just as silly. If they would rework those holes it would be a great track.

Commented On 05/20/2019

Thank you for your honest review, we appreciate you coming out to see us and hope that next time we can increase your overall star rating!

And beautiful mountain golf course

And beautiful mountain golf course that anyone would enjoy… There are some very difficult holes, and because it was cartpath only because of rain, I was pretty tired from all the walking. Nevertheless, I will be returning for sure!

Commented On 05/20/2019