Championship 72 6787 yards 72.7 136
Scorecard for Pearl
Blue M: 72.6/136 559 410 212 421 497 180 335 340 414 3368 374 431 539 194 403 395 194 519 370 3419 6787
White M: 70.2/131 W: 72.0/120 507 328 184 411 472 154 310 327 347 3040 348 376 526 172 393 369 171 479 358 3192 6232
Red W: 67.1/120 487 300 118 381 448 117 288 287 345 2771 331 295 456 115 322 357 126 418 345 2765 5536

Year Built 1967
Architect Akira Sato

Clubs No

Fivesomes Allowed Yes

Terrible conditions

This was my third and final round on the island and I couldn't be more disappointed that I ended on this fair ground, pitch and putt quality course.

The Pearl Country Club website brags of its course conditions, but they were by far the worst I've played in HI. It looked as if the grounds crew had been on holidays for the last 4 weeks with patchy, thin, weed covered greens. The fairways were somewhat better, but not by much.

Not only was the course neglected, but the washrooms on the course were as well. The washrooms must not have been serviced in weeks as the public washrooms on the beach are in a cleaner state.

For the price of $125/round (discounted rate from Hawaiiteetimes.com who I strongly recommend using) I expected more than a cart with no cooler or gps, public pitch and putt greens, neglected fairways/rough and unhygienic bathroom facilities.

Overall, it was terrible value compared to other courses in the region. Do not waste your money here, unless you enjoy reading the weeds and bare patches when you putt.

A Pleaseant Surprise

The staff are fantastic. The course is quite picturesque and has a number of interesting holes. There is some forgiveness if you hit onto adjacent fairways but there are also some out of bounds to watch for. Overall we had a great time and I would play there again.

Crowded as expected on a Sunday. Staff was exceptional and I really want to go again when I don't have to wait for parties of 4 and 5 like a weekend.
Course was perfect though and greens were smooth and fairways were well groomed. Difficulty was a medium grade to me.
Only lost two balls all day and that's great for me who averages a 110 game.
Thanks

Hang Loose - We're in Hawaii!

Overall course quite challenging and fun to play. Clubs picked up in parking lot by attendant so nice country club touch. Seems like holes haven't been moved in several days since dead grass around cup, otherwise in pretty good condition . Got a pretty good rate online but paid $30 to have my wife ride with me? Really? A Hawaii golf site said only $25 per rider.?!? Pace of play was very slow. Expected to finish with 4 3/4 hours of daylight but was I wrong! Only got to 16th hole when Marshall came around telling us we needed to get carts back to clubhouse by 6 PM which allowed for 15 min of play. Great to see that slow play is all over both in paradise and the mainland! Saw Marshall during round twice but didn't really do anything since play was quite slow - 2-3 group wait on par 3's. I guess that's what you get for a semi private club open to the public!

Hidden Jewel In Oahu

Great staff, wonderful golf course, challenging greens and an old but nice golf house! I entertained a friend at the Pearl Country Club this past week and he enjoyed the entire golf experience. He thought I was a wizard on the greens as nearly every putt I addressed was perfect. What he didn't know is the local secret that I will share with you! Find the location of Pearl Harbor, not difficult as the entire golf course sits on a bed of rolling hills with spectacular views of the ocean and specifically Pearl Harbor. Regardless of your gut feelings on a putt, don't believe it as every putt breaks towards Pearl Harbor and you to can be a genius putting and you heard it here first! Try Pearl Country Club, prices are moderate for both locals well as tourists. Shop and save and you won't be sorry spending an afternoon on the links in Pearl City!

Voted best of Hawaii for good reason

Haven't played here in years. So fortunate I found a great deal at golfnow. Course in much better condition than other places I frequent. Quite a bit of challanges so I actually had to pause and consider breeze and elevation. Even my bad shots were recoverable because they actually clear the debris from under the trees.
More people on staff, not a skeleton crew, so they have time to be helpful although a bit seemingly aloof.
Only gripe is that for some holes the cart path crosses in front of the green. Sure it's a free drop, but it's like a mole on the nose of a pretty girl.
I might make this my regular course.

Pearl CC

Excellent views. Fairways in good condition. Greens in poor shape. Electric golf cars quiet and smooth.

This course could be a lot better

I had a Sunday afternoon tee time and when I was checking in at the starters desk the employees seemed more interested in going home for the day rather then getting me checked in. Although I am from Oahu I felt like an outcast probably because I wasn't a tourist or a person who seemed important as a customer.

As a plus I was greeted at the bag drop off area and they were very helpful in getting my clubs down to the golf cart area. Course fairways are currently being air rated but overall the course is well maintained. Great views and good eats.

Fast, challenging greens

An enjoyable course with good views of Pearl Harbor and plenty of elevation change. A good mix of holes; there are some long par 3s that play pretty tough with the wind, as well as at least one par 5 that is fairly reachable in two with the wind behind. The greens are slick and often tough to read.

I found the staff to be somewhat disengaged and not particularly enthusiastic, but YMMV.

Pace mismanagement

Staff is friendly and arrived at my car for the bag. Check in was easy in pro shop but the starter "Ray" was over whelmed with only too groups checking in. We wasted about ten minutes waiting on him to make a decision. Once we started, we made it to hole number 3 and three groups were backed up. We waited 30 min. No ranger in sight, but they were aware. Needless to say this ruined the tempo. When we got to hole 17 the ranger said hurry up the group behind needs to finish??? One there was no where to go and why don't you focus your energy on the bottle necks. Btw, on 17 a group from several holes back skipped to 18 right on front of the ranger. When we got to 18 we were waiting on this group that was waiting on the original group in front of us! Way to go ranger! I have zero tollerence for this gross mis management.

The driving range was less than optimal, only a max of 220 yds. Please replace your driving balls!

My perception was they were very organized. Carts wee lined up with tee times, but they quick fell apart once on the course. I should of know when a sign posted on the door said, " we know accept six-ums".... What!!! Pace of play killer!

For management please review USGA website "tee it forward". Here you will find ways to manage a more fluid pace. If it takes groups 15 min to play your first par 3, then you can't send groups out every 8 mins!

very nice experience.

I've played Pearl many times. Its a very challenging course. Bring your A game and be ready for some fun. Staff is very nice and the restaurant has good food. I would recommend this course to anyone. A bit pricey but all courses on Oahu are priced to high. Enjoy Pearl CC!

Bring some reading materials!

Everything about this course was slow from checking in at the pro shop then the starter and worst the pace of play. There were fivesomes and sixsomes playing with threesomes and foursomes following. No ranger to be found either.

Bring your own group

Pearl CC is a great course to play. But I have found they cater to tourist bookings. I was a single golfer. There were two groups of three golfers each in front of and behind me. All foreign. None of them would let me join them. So I played as a single waiting on every hole. I always enjoy meeting new people and the pace of a foursome when I golf. Not so yesterday. Wasn't my fault. To be fair, the starter asked me if I wanted to jump and join a group on 4, finishing 1-3 afterwards. I declined. So I played best ball with myself, hitting two balls on each hole. Still would have preferred a little friendliness.

I wish golfnow have more choice of cources in ohou

Very very good
I wish golfnow have more choice of golf courses in Ohau

Over rated

We visited from the mainland and chose Pearl CC because it was highly rated and close enough to Ko Olina where we stayed. Traffic being HORENDOUS on Oahu was a consideration. The greens had recently been punched and were fairly terrible. We liked the layout and the chanaging elevations a lot though. Before I would consider playing Pearl CC again I'd inquire about the greens. We should have been warned.

flat tee boxes please!

Don't know why it's hard to find a course with flat tee boxes.

EXCELLENT COURSE AND STAFF

Guys, and gals,

Please don't miss out on this gem of a golf course situated just beyond downtown Honolulu. It truly is a beautiful course with some history and also holds the annual Pearl Open. Some very prestigious local and international golf names have been previous Pearl Open champions and this is truly a feather in their cap, so to speak.
The staff is beyond friendly and extremely helpful which is so appreciated by us, the customer, to be greeted and sent out with only memories of wanting to return to the great experience you've had at this course.
The course conditions are always in great form and especially the greens. Fast greens equals playing the Pearl Country Club as they are always in great shape as well as the fairways and outer lying areas of the course. The guys behind the scenes-the course superintendents and their staff do an excellent job of maintaining such a well manicured course all year round.
Once you're done playing a great round it's best to check out the clubhouse for fast friendly service with good food. There's no need to find a 19th hole as this clubhouse knows how to take care of you.
Overall, to have played Pearl as we call it, is quite an honor and a feather in your cap as you are a part of history. Like I said earlier, many great players have played Pearl and you can too with a good opportunity to "go low" and make a few birdies coming in down the stretch. This course is awesome and again, always in great shape. A truly exceptional value for any golfer, so bucket list this course. You're welcome.

Sunday is Slow so don't be suprised

Group play often on the weekends. Don't expect a fast round

Great views and overall nice course

We had a great day to golf this course. Wide fairways , so quite forgiving on most holes. Some were challenging over a ravine. Quite slow, the par 3's really could back things up. Do not be in a rush here, enjoy some fantastic views while you wait. I would golf this course again. Should have Marshall's out on coarse and not allow 5 somes to speed things up a little.

phenomenal views, excellent conditions

Course was well manicured as a state tournament had just finished that morning (greens were VERY fast). Course design was fair but challenging. Very few blind shots - great par threes.

Check-in was painless, staff was attentive and friendly and we teed off early.

Incredible harbour views on many holes - this alone would make me come back.

Hickam AFB, Hawaii