Scorecard for Kapolei Golf Course
Gold M: 74.3/136 562 430 435 404 188 356 586 202 353 3516 407 377 183 437 526 409 205 526 415 3485 7001
Black M: 71.9/132 533 407 407 384 169 337 553 175 330 3295 389 354 167 414 502 379 187 509 390 3291 6586
White M: 69.4/125 W: 76.0/136 498 378 381 362 140 320 515 156 307 3057 363 337 142 384 482 359 167 491 354 3079 6136
Red W: 72.4/127 456 334 346 314 120 287 471 126 272 2726 335 316 119 348 439 320 149 459 279 2764 5490

Year Built 1995
Fairways Seashore Paspalum Grass
Greens Seashore Paspalum Grass
Architect Ted Robinson, Sr. (1995)

Practice Hole Yes

Credit Cards Accepted VISA, MasterCard, Amex, JCB Welcomed
Dress code Proper golf attire

Delighted

My friends and I played 18 holes starting at 2pm yesterday. the course was in fantastic condition. We felt like the pace of play was slow but we finished in 4:10 which is pretty good. We were playing pretty well as a group so it appeared slower than it was. It was a very windy day which increased the difficulty of the course. On a no-wind day which we rarely get I believe this course would be much easier. We will definitely be coming back. Friendly staff, course in great condition and a good price.

Good course BUT...

I have played this course many times over the years. The layout and conditions keep me coming back. However, I have never played this course in less than 5:15 hours. Yesterday it took 5:45. On the bright side the cost per hour was very low. I have decided that I will not play on the weekend at Kapolei ever again. We waited For every single shot on every single hole. The groups ahead were all tourists from Japan. All of the people in the foursome would gather at each players shot to observe and root and they were all over the course. On the green they would mark every ball and take a good deal of time to line up putt every putt. The other three would gather together off the green and wait. They were as slow as every group we could see in front of them. We saw the course marshal drive by 3 times and each time he would just smile and wave at the group ahead. Hmmm, could it be that the tourists pay so much more for a round than a local resident? We complained to the starter when we were done but he just said he was sorry and used the excuse that there was a large group (45) of Japanese tourists ahead of us. He didn’t seem to understand that simply restating the problem was not an acceptable excuse. When we asked why the marshals don’t move slow players along we could not get a definite answer. Bottom line, the golf course is good but I don’t have 2 extra hours of Saturday to waste as a golf spectator.

Best Course I have played in Hawaii

This was the first time playing Kapolei and I have to say out of all the courses I have played since moving to Hawaii this has to be the nicest one so far. The staff greeted me upon arriving and took my clubs to my cart while I paid in the club house. Club house staff was friendly. The course is taken care of and had zero issues. They were working on the sand traps, besides that it was immaculate.

Restaurant

After enjoying another round of golf on one of the usually beautifully maintained courses on island (a little slower than usual - no marshall seen), went to the clubhouse for lunch around 1:00 and were turned away because we didn't have a reservation. Even though there were 40+ empty tables, they wouldn't seat us. We were told someone reserved the entire restaurant starting at 4:00. What?!?! Asked to speak with a manager, but no one appeared. We left to spend our money elsewhere. Disappointing.

Profiled

Not often I perceived prejudice except at this golf course. As a Caucasian I am not in the select consumer group for this facility. The course itself is well maintain but obviously overplayed as the rest of Oahu courses. This course caters strictly to visiting tourists. Being a local and not the right skin color it is very obvious the prejudice against us. The point was driven home when we tried to eat lunch after the round only to be told we needed a reservation. The place was half empty but we were not able to be seated or even considered to be “allowed” to eat in the restaurant. Doubt I will ever go back to this facility just bad management and very poor judgement of the employees.

Avoid in June

Usually the course us in great shape, but this time was a major disappointment!!! They were completely overhauling the bunkers on seemingly every hole. Workers were all over the place, and they didn't even move when we approached the greens. It was an uncomfortable round, to say the least. Paying full price during this month is a complete ripoff. We were not informed of the horrible conditions prior to the round too. Will definitely avoid this course for a month or two.

Disappointed

Greens all recently aerated, bunkers dug up with no sand and drainage exposed. Would not go back for 1 year until done. GolfNow charged me more than the price for aerated special by $25!

Top dressed

The greens were top dressed and they did not disclose this when I booked it. They did not offer a discount rate.

Fantastic Course!

Greens were very challenging but true. Fairways well maintained. Just enough hazards to make it exciting. Best course for the money!

Tricky pin placements

Great golf course. Pro shop,is geared toward Japanese visitors and size of golf shirts are not much more than large. Restaurant has an excellent menu and everything we tried was awesome. The course set-up was really tough for a Sunday round. We thought that the guy making the pin location decision had a hangover. Very tough pin placements even for a 3rd putt. Course is in Awesome shape and will play here many more times with no hope to putt well.

Precision is a must

The wind picked up at times throughout the day, so proper club selection to beat that wind is a necessity. I joked that I'd left the course and was still trying to wrap my head around the speed of the greens for hours later. Quick in a good way, but you'll guessing during your first visit.

Beautiful Track

Except for the pace of play which was slow at times, I have nothing to say but good things about this course. The staff was friendly, the pro shop was well stocked, the course was beautiful and well manicured and the greens were true and fast. Many had a lot of slope so you definitely wanted to be below the hole. Carts had GPS which is nice.

Played solo late in the afternoon on a Monday, went off at 3:30, finished at 5:30 after passing another single and a twosome. Fun course in great conditions, though not quite as challenging as I prefer, even from the blue tees (~6500 yards). Wasn't really any one hole that stood out as amazing, pretty simple layout. Staff was friendly and helpful. Not necessarily one that would be on my list again for a return trip to the island, but I haven't played them all yet, so not much context.

Outstanding Course

This is one of our favorite courses on the island. Impeccable greens, fair fairways and a very playable 18 holes. Wind can make this course a brute. Great staff and restaurant. One of the best - thanks again!

Commented On 06/28/2017

Aloha,

We are very glad to hear you had a great experience at Kapolei we take pride in our course conditions and customer service and we truly appreciate your compliments and review. We hope to see you again at Kapolei GC!

excellent condition and staff

I play this course regularly because it is always in excellent condition. Also, Jaylene and the pro shop staff are professional in their dealings and very courteous, as are the starter and cart staff.

Commented On 06/28/2017

Aloha,

I wanted to first thank you for taking the time to review the course and we are glad to hear about your experience and awesome that you are a regular player at Kapolei! We look forward to you enjoying many more rounds at Kapolei!

A MUST Course to play

The staff was absolutely amazing, the starter was very helpful in providing some tips before teeing off. The greens are elevated and fast. The layout is very enjoyable and scoreable if you put the ball in the fairway. This one is worth checking out! We had such a wonderful time. We will definitely be back. Maybe next time I will break 100.

Commented On 04/27/2017

Aloha,

Thank you for the review and great to hear you had a wonderful time while at Kapolei GC! Glad you experienced our great customer service and they were able to provide helpful tips for your round! We look forward to your next visit to Kapolei!

Staff

Another absolute gem on Oahu. The staff was absolutely amazing, the starter was very helpful in providing some tips before teeing off. All of the greens are elevated, you don't want to attack front pins and be short as it will roll 20 yards back down the hill. The layout is very enjoyable and scoreable if you put the ball in the fairway. The greens were rolling nicely. Definitely worth checking out!

Commented On 04/17/2017

Aloha Mr. Clark,

Wanted to first thank you for the kind review about your round. We are really glad to hear you had a great experience at Kapolei Golf Club on your recent visit. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Nice course, Bad Service

Pro:

Well maintained course

Great looking amenities

Cons:

No carts were available until the tee time

Driving range are worn down mats with no tees

No snack cart

Most snacks in the turn shack were out

Snack shack said they "didn't want to refill them"

No Marshal

Waited up to 4 groups deep per hole

Slow pace of play

Shared my feedback with the clubhouse and they didn't care at all

Twilight tee times are a free-for-all and they don't care about the twilight player because you weren't full fare

Overall:

Course is overpriced for the layout which leaves a lot to the imagination. No real memorable holes. Service is really bad. There are better courses on the island.

Commented On 02/20/2017

Aloha,

Thank you for taking your time to leave your review with us about your experience. We are very sorry to read your review and see there were several areas that did not meet your expectations. In regards to the golf carts, we had a very busy day and yes some groups did not receive them until their tee time as they needed to be turned from morning rounds when those golfers finished. In regards to the comment about the staff not caring, we do care about each persons experience. I received a report from my assistant you spoke with about your round and we are working to improve areas that you mentioned.

Kapolei, Hawaii