Kapolei Golf Club

Year Built 1995
Fairways Seashore Paspalum Grass
Greens Seashore Paspalum Grass
Architect Ted Robinson, Sr. (1995)

Practice Hole Yes

Credit Cards Accepted VISA, MasterCard, Amex, JCB Welcomed
Dress code Proper golf attire

Bar, Snacks, Restaurant

Banquet Facilities, Showers, Locker Rooms

Playable Course

I love this course as it is always in good shape, and is VERY playable from the whites. There aren’t ridiculous holes that require perfect shots, but there is some very thick rough. Sometimes the rough saves you from the water, so it can be a positive too. If you drive it well, you can score here. I usually shoot in the high eighties. I have shot in the 70s once in my life, so I’m good not great. Hope that helps

1st time @ Kapolei. Nice course. Good layout. Not hard without wind. Shot 74 from black tees. Tips wasn’t available. Would’ve had better score but being 1st time and made stupid mistakes. Played w limited wind. Perfect day. Pace of play was great. Tee’d off at 7:52 am. Had to rush to catch up to the single so I had someone to enjoy the round with. The golf pro was awesome. He was very helpful and took time to talk to me. Very friendly. Thank you for a great experience being 1st time. Overall, the condition was in super great condition. Fairways were immaculate. Greens roll true. Bunkers, never went in. But had to rake a few due to the group ahead. Golfers, please take time to rake the bunkers properly. Golfers, please fix your divot and look for another to fix. Let’s keep courses in good condition for the group behind you. I will be back. Hope the next time, the have the back tees available.

A great golf course....

My wife and I played Sunday, 2nd tee-time out. A beautiful day to be out and getting a round of golf in. The pace of play is getting worse each time we go out on the weekends... took us 2:20 minutes to finish the front 9 and 2:35 minutes for the back for a total of 4:55 minutes. For the enjoyment of the game, you guy really need to adjust the amount of tee-times you put groups out... we don't mind paying a bit more but refuse to pay this amount to play an almost 5 hour round. For the pace, I can play at Pearl or Waikele and have the same slow play. BTW: you should turn off the GPS "warning" of slow play. it's not our fault that the play is slow.

Great course, fair but challenging.

I always enjoy playing this course. Friendly staff and nice lay out!

Fantastic Sunday Golf

Beautiful course and friendly staff throughout the whole facility..

Beautiful course

Kapolei has always been one of my favorite courses on Oahu. The layout is great. Good mix of sand bunkers, water. Good flow. Unfortunately on this day the play was slow. They allowed us to keep our twosome but the 3 twosomes in front of us were extremely slow. They also had limited snack choices at concession at turn. Staff very friendly and helpful . Price high for course green fees. Course in very good shape though.

Had a great time. Staff was very friendly, they treated our golf club very well. The course was in great shape.

No value for the money

1. Pristine driving range tees that you can’t use, mats only that were hard as a rock....I actually got a stinger in my neck from hitting balls.
2. Nice short game area that you couldn’t use...reasons unknown to the employees.
3. Greens top dressed with no mention of it prior to paying $185 for a round.
4. Hit it anywhere you want, unimaginative layout with little challenge (the wind was down in the morning)
5. If you pay $185 for a round of golf and arrive early to warm up and practice, you should be able to, not hit off crappy mats and then be required to pay a $1 deposit to use a rubber tee. They did nothing to give you the feeling that you are playing a high end course and all the amenities were simply decorations that could not be used. I will not be back and would never recommend anyone play this course, there are far too many options on Oahu to settle for what I settled for today. The starter and his staff were very friendly, beyond that, I’ve got nothing positive to say.

Course awesome, restaurant not so much

I love this track. Always have, as the greens are great, I love the layout and the staff out at bag drop and pro shop are great. The issue comes in with the restaurant not having it's act together. There are times you show up at 0645 for something to eat before tee time, and the place isn't open. Also this makes it so that there are no carts out on the course at times. If they get their hiring fixed and keep the restaurant open and on time, this place will continue to be a favorite.

Good Challenge but...

Started round with wife at 10th hole and play moved moderately well until we hit one and by then the pace dragged. Lovely course and typical US park style with water but nothing to make it outstanding. In an ordinary area without the stunning outlooks that you get from ocean side courses. Go to some resorts on big island for that!
A course I would say 'been there, done that'. Wouldn't race back to play again. Pleasant but not outstanding. Certainly looks as if it is set to cater for tourists with high mostly asian speaking staff.

Delighted

My friends and I played 18 holes starting at 2pm yesterday. the course was in fantastic condition. We felt like the pace of play was slow but we finished in 4:10 which is pretty good. We were playing pretty well as a group so it appeared slower than it was. It was a very windy day which increased the difficulty of the course. On a no-wind day which we rarely get I believe this course would be much easier. We will definitely be coming back. Friendly staff, course in great condition and a good price.

Good course BUT...

I have played this course many times over the years. The layout and conditions keep me coming back. However, I have never played this course in less than 5:15 hours. Yesterday it took 5:45. On the bright side the cost per hour was very low. I have decided that I will not play on the weekend at Kapolei ever again. We waited For every single shot on every single hole. The groups ahead were all tourists from Japan. All of the people in the foursome would gather at each players shot to observe and root and they were all over the course. On the green they would mark every ball and take a good deal of time to line up putt every putt. The other three would gather together off the green and wait. They were as slow as every group we could see in front of them. We saw the course marshal drive by 3 times and each time he would just smile and wave at the group ahead. Hmmm, could it be that the tourists pay so much more for a round than a local resident? We complained to the starter when we were done but he just said he was sorry and used the excuse that there was a large group (45) of Japanese tourists ahead of us. He didn’t seem to understand that simply restating the problem was not an acceptable excuse. When we asked why the marshals don’t move slow players along we could not get a definite answer. Bottom line, the golf course is good but I don’t have 2 extra hours of Saturday to waste as a golf spectator.

Best Course I have played in Hawaii

This was the first time playing Kapolei and I have to say out of all the courses I have played since moving to Hawaii this has to be the nicest one so far. The staff greeted me upon arriving and took my clubs to my cart while I paid in the club house. Club house staff was friendly. The course is taken care of and had zero issues. They were working on the sand traps, besides that it was immaculate.

Barber's Point NAS, Hawaii