Kapolei Golf Club
Scorecard for Kapolei Golf Course
Gold M: 74.3/136 562 430 435 404 188 356 586 202 353 3516 407 377 183 437 526 409 205 526 415 3485 7001
Black M: 71.9/132 533 407 407 384 169 337 553 175 330 3295 389 354 167 414 502 379 187 509 390 3291 6586
White M: 69.4/125 W: 76.0/136 498 378 381 362 140 320 515 156 307 3057 363 337 142 384 482 359 167 491 354 3079 6136
Red W: 72.4/127 456 334 346 314 120 287 471 126 272 2726 335 316 119 348 439 320 149 459 279 2764 5490

Year Built 1995
Fairways Seashore Paspalum Grass
Greens Seashore Paspalum Grass
Architect Ted Robinson, Sr. (1995)

Practice Hole Yes

Credit Cards Accepted VISA, MasterCard, Amex, JCB Welcomed
Dress code Proper golf attire

Fantastic Sunday Golf

Beautiful course and friendly staff throughout the whole facility..

Beautiful course

Kapolei has always been one of my favorite courses on Oahu. The layout is great. Good mix of sand bunkers, water. Good flow. Unfortunately on this day the play was slow. They allowed us to keep our twosome but the 3 twosomes in front of us were extremely slow. They also had limited snack choices at concession at turn. Staff very friendly and helpful . Price high for course green fees. Course in very good shape though.

Had a great time. Staff was very friendly, they treated our golf club very well. The course was in great shape.

No value for the money

1. Pristine driving range tees that you can’t use, mats only that were hard as a rock....I actually got a stinger in my neck from hitting balls.
2. Nice short game area that you couldn’t use...reasons unknown to the employees.
3. Greens top dressed with no mention of it prior to paying $185 for a round.
4. Hit it anywhere you want, unimaginative layout with little challenge (the wind was down in the morning)
5. If you pay $185 for a round of golf and arrive early to warm up and practice, you should be able to, not hit off crappy mats and then be required to pay a $1 deposit to use a rubber tee. They did nothing to give you the feeling that you are playing a high end course and all the amenities were simply decorations that could not be used. I will not be back and would never recommend anyone play this course, there are far too many options on Oahu to settle for what I settled for today. The starter and his staff were very friendly, beyond that, I’ve got nothing positive to say.

Course awesome, restaurant not so much

I love this track. Always have, as the greens are great, I love the layout and the staff out at bag drop and pro shop are great. The issue comes in with the restaurant not having it's act together. There are times you show up at 0645 for something to eat before tee time, and the place isn't open. Also this makes it so that there are no carts out on the course at times. If they get their hiring fixed and keep the restaurant open and on time, this place will continue to be a favorite.

Good Challenge but...

Started round with wife at 10th hole and play moved moderately well until we hit one and by then the pace dragged. Lovely course and typical US park style with water but nothing to make it outstanding. In an ordinary area without the stunning outlooks that you get from ocean side courses. Go to some resorts on big island for that!
A course I would say 'been there, done that'. Wouldn't race back to play again. Pleasant but not outstanding. Certainly looks as if it is set to cater for tourists with high mostly asian speaking staff.

Delighted

My friends and I played 18 holes starting at 2pm yesterday. the course was in fantastic condition. We felt like the pace of play was slow but we finished in 4:10 which is pretty good. We were playing pretty well as a group so it appeared slower than it was. It was a very windy day which increased the difficulty of the course. On a no-wind day which we rarely get I believe this course would be much easier. We will definitely be coming back. Friendly staff, course in great condition and a good price.

Good course BUT...

I have played this course many times over the years. The layout and conditions keep me coming back. However, I have never played this course in less than 5:15 hours. Yesterday it took 5:45. On the bright side the cost per hour was very low. I have decided that I will not play on the weekend at Kapolei ever again. We waited For every single shot on every single hole. The groups ahead were all tourists from Japan. All of the people in the foursome would gather at each players shot to observe and root and they were all over the course. On the green they would mark every ball and take a good deal of time to line up putt every putt. The other three would gather together off the green and wait. They were as slow as every group we could see in front of them. We saw the course marshal drive by 3 times and each time he would just smile and wave at the group ahead. Hmmm, could it be that the tourists pay so much more for a round than a local resident? We complained to the starter when we were done but he just said he was sorry and used the excuse that there was a large group (45) of Japanese tourists ahead of us. He didn’t seem to understand that simply restating the problem was not an acceptable excuse. When we asked why the marshals don’t move slow players along we could not get a definite answer. Bottom line, the golf course is good but I don’t have 2 extra hours of Saturday to waste as a golf spectator.

Best Course I have played in Hawaii

This was the first time playing Kapolei and I have to say out of all the courses I have played since moving to Hawaii this has to be the nicest one so far. The staff greeted me upon arriving and took my clubs to my cart while I paid in the club house. Club house staff was friendly. The course is taken care of and had zero issues. They were working on the sand traps, besides that it was immaculate.

Restaurant

After enjoying another round of golf on one of the usually beautifully maintained courses on island (a little slower than usual - no marshall seen), went to the clubhouse for lunch around 1:00 and were turned away because we didn't have a reservation. Even though there were 40+ empty tables, they wouldn't seat us. We were told someone reserved the entire restaurant starting at 4:00. What?!?! Asked to speak with a manager, but no one appeared. We left to spend our money elsewhere. Disappointing.

Profiled

Not often I perceived prejudice except at this golf course. As a Caucasian I am not in the select consumer group for this facility. The course itself is well maintain but obviously overplayed as the rest of Oahu courses. This course caters strictly to visiting tourists. Being a local and not the right skin color it is very obvious the prejudice against us. The point was driven home when we tried to eat lunch after the round only to be told we needed a reservation. The place was half empty but we were not able to be seated or even considered to be “allowed” to eat in the restaurant. Doubt I will ever go back to this facility just bad management and very poor judgement of the employees.

Avoid in June

Usually the course us in great shape, but this time was a major disappointment!!! They were completely overhauling the bunkers on seemingly every hole. Workers were all over the place, and they didn't even move when we approached the greens. It was an uncomfortable round, to say the least. Paying full price during this month is a complete ripoff. We were not informed of the horrible conditions prior to the round too. Will definitely avoid this course for a month or two.

Disappointed

Greens all recently aerated, bunkers dug up with no sand and drainage exposed. Would not go back for 1 year until done. GolfNow charged me more than the price for aerated special by $25!

Top dressed

The greens were top dressed and they did not disclose this when I booked it. They did not offer a discount rate.

Fantastic Course!

Greens were very challenging but true. Fairways well maintained. Just enough hazards to make it exciting. Best course for the money!

Barber's Point NAS, Hawaii