Kapolei Golf Club
Scorecard for Kapolei Golf Course
Gold M: 74.3/136 562 430 435 404 188 356 586 202 353 3516 407 377 183 437 526 409 205 526 415 3485 7001
Black M: 71.9/132 533 407 407 384 169 337 553 175 330 3295 389 354 167 414 502 379 187 509 390 3291 6586
White M: 69.4/125 W: 76.0/136 498 378 381 362 140 320 515 156 307 3057 363 337 142 384 482 359 167 491 354 3079 6136
Red W: 72.4/127 456 334 346 314 120 287 471 126 272 2726 335 316 119 348 439 320 149 459 279 2764 5490

Year Built 1995
Fairways Seashore Paspalum Grass
Greens Seashore Paspalum Grass
Architect Ted Robinson, Sr. (1995)

Practice Hole Yes

Credit Cards Accepted VISA, MasterCard, Amex, JCB Welcomed
Dress code Proper golf attire

Entertaining Clients 5
Group Getaways 5

Good course BUT...

I have played this course many times over the years. The layout and conditions keep me coming back. However, I have never played this course in less than 5:15 hours. Yesterday it took 5:45. On the bright side the cost per hour was very low. I have decided that I will not play on the weekend at Kapolei ever again. We waited For every single shot on every single hole. The groups ahead were all tourists from Japan. All of the people in the foursome would gather at each players shot to observe and root and they were all over the course. On the green they would mark every ball and take a good deal of time to line up putt every putt. The other three would gather together off the green and wait. They were as slow as every group we could see in front of them. We saw the course marshal drive by 3 times and each time he would just smile and wave at the group ahead. Hmmm, could it be that the tourists pay so much more for a round than a local resident? We complained to the starter when we were done but he just said he was sorry and used the excuse that there was a large group (45) of Japanese tourists ahead of us. He didn’t seem to understand that simply restating the problem was not an acceptable excuse. When we asked why the marshals don’t move slow players along we could not get a definite answer. Bottom line, the golf course is good but I don’t have 2 extra hours of Saturday to waste as a golf spectator.
Off-course amenities Good
Course Conditions Good

Best Course I have played in Hawaii

This was the first time playing Kapolei and I have to say out of all the courses I have played since moving to Hawaii this has to be the nicest one so far. The staff greeted me upon arriving and took my clubs to my cart while I paid in the club house. Club house staff was friendly. The course is taken care of and had zero issues. They were working on the sand traps, besides that it was immaculate.

Restaurant

After enjoying another round of golf on one of the usually beautifully maintained courses on island (a little slower than usual - no marshall seen), went to the clubhouse for lunch around 1:00 and were turned away because we didn't have a reservation. Even though there were 40+ empty tables, they wouldn't seat us. We were told someone reserved the entire restaurant starting at 4:00. What?!?! Asked to speak with a manager, but no one appeared. We left to spend our money elsewhere. Disappointing.
Pace of Play Fair
Off-course amenities Poor
Course Conditions Average

Profiled

Not often I perceived prejudice except at this golf course. As a Caucasian I am not in the select consumer group for this facility. The course itself is well maintain but obviously overplayed as the rest of Oahu courses. This course caters strictly to visiting tourists. Being a local and not the right skin color it is very obvious the prejudice against us. The point was driven home when we tried to eat lunch after the round only to be told we needed a reservation. The place was half empty but we were not able to be seated or even considered to be “allowed” to eat in the restaurant. Doubt I will ever go back to this facility just bad management and very poor judgement of the employees.
Staff Friendliness Poor
Off-course amenities Poor
Course Conditions Average
Course Layout Average

Avoid in June

Usually the course us in great shape, but this time was a major disappointment!!! They were completely overhauling the bunkers on seemingly every hole. Workers were all over the place, and they didn't even move when we approached the greens. It was an uncomfortable round, to say the least. Paying full price during this month is a complete ripoff. We were not informed of the horrible conditions prior to the round too. Will definitely avoid this course for a month or two.
Staff Friendliness Poor
Course Conditions Poor

Disappointed

Greens all recently aerated, bunkers dug up with no sand and drainage exposed. Would not go back for 1 year until done. GolfNow charged me more than the price for aerated special by $25!
Staff Friendliness Good
Off-course amenities Fair
Course Conditions Poor
Value for the Money Excellent

Top dressed

The greens were top dressed and they did not disclose this when I booked it. They did not offer a discount rate.
Course Conditions Good

Fantastic Course!

Greens were very challenging but true. Fairways well maintained. Just enough hazards to make it exciting. Best course for the money!
Staff Friendliness Good
Off-course amenities Good
Value for the Money Excellent

Tricky pin placements

Great golf course. Pro shop,is geared toward Japanese visitors and size of golf shirts are not much more than large. Restaurant has an excellent menu and everything we tried was awesome. The course set-up was really tough for a Sunday round. We thought that the guy making the pin location decision had a hangover. Very tough pin placements even for a 3rd putt. Course is in Awesome shape and will play here many more times with no hope to putt well.
Off-course amenities Average